Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public This Is Exactly How It Was Planned...

Caen San Tekka

C

MUSTAFAR
CORVEX FEN

"Run, run!"
Caen shouted, as he sprinted. His boots stomped heavily through ash and embers, as his jacket flared with air from his movement. "They were meant to be extinct - they are not extinct!"

The environment was filled with rocks, crusted and scorched ground, and irontrees. Flames and spurts of lava that oozed up through the planets damaged surface created small lakes that boiled glowing hot. The black, dead-looking trees that filled the small forest area of Corvex Fen were numerous, surprisingly, and spread as far as the eye could see. Not that that was very far, due to the ash and smoke that hung in the air, which filled the lungs with acrid tastes. Then there was also the Alazmecs, the short cultist aliens that worshiped some long since dead Sith Lord Vader...

"Ship's that way," Caen continued over the sounds around, as he called over the sizzle of fiery ground and blaster fire from the Alazmec that were in pursuit. And as he ran, the adventurer patted down one side of his explorer jacket, before he cursed. "Lost my comlink... quick, someone call ahead to DeeBee and get the ship in pre-flight. We're gonna need to get out of here in a hurry!"

The diminutive cultists were still quick on their feet, as the saucer-helmeted creatures shouted between themselves and gave chase. The group had been disturbed from their hovels at the arrival of the others, those who had taken the sacred rift-finder, and dared to steal it. No matter the cost, the Alazmec would stop the intruders, they would get the sacred item back, and continue to guard it against any who tried to claim it - for it was theirs. Further ahead, dodging between irontrees, Caen glanced down to the item he clasped in one tucked arm; it didn't seem much to look at, but that was usually the case, and was just a flat disc that appeared to have an old display screen.

Sure hope this is worth it...

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

SEVERAL HOURS EARLIER, HYPERSPACE
ABOARD THE 'PATHFINDER'

The interior of the YT-2400 was well-maintained, clean and importantly spacious. It allowed a group of up to six sentients to move about and have personal quarters comfortably, more if they doubled up. The vessel was moving through hyperspace, on a course for the lava-planet Mustafar. There was a lot of history on that planet, Caen knew, and he was kind of excited to have a chance to see some of the discoveries others had noted. Still, there were other important things to handle first, like planning out the excursion...

"Alright, so here's the text one of our Association benefactors kindly donated," Caen said as he sat up in the round lounge chair of the passenger area of the vessel, his boots lifted off the edge of the holotable to touch the plating underfoot. He leaned forward and pressed several buttons on the table, which brought up a sequence of pages that showed old pictographs. "With some help, we've managed to pinpoint the location of the device we're after on Mustafar. Looks like it's in a spot near a place known as Corvex Fen... and that has been described as some old forestry attempt by a cult no one's seen in ages."

A brief image flickered of a shorter species in robes, with round and flat helmets, which had glowing goggles.

"That's one of them, the Alazmec. Don't know too much about them, but latest reports say they aren't around anymore, so..."

The holotable changed, to a floating planet that was Mustafar. It began to zero in on the location mentioned moments ago, as it zoomed closer and showed the proposed path through the forest and to where the proposed location of the device could be. There was a complex process that involved deciphering the texts, analyzing the translations and converting those to physical landmarks and points on the planet - all of which was very complicated.

"Anyway, before we touch down on the planet, how 'bout we go around the holotable and introduce ourselves and what we bring to the excursion? And feel free to ask questions."

Some of the faces were familiar, some weren't, but it always helped to know where everyone stood in a group environment. Plus, knowing specific skills or training could open up options; not to mention, some of the individuals had been brought on for specific things, like survival knowledge, geographical navigation, security and so on.

"I'm Caen, most of you know that I think. I'm here for my experience with languages and handling the Association back-end, like travel and payment and the like. I also have some, uh, insight into artifacts and relics, so that'll help. Also handy with a blaster, when needed. Next?"

Last edited by a moderator:

Caedyn Arenais

C
MUSTAFAR
CORVEX FEN

"Run, run!" Caen San Tekka called to the group as they'd all taken flight into a full sprint through the Corvex Fen, the Jedi Knight Caedyn Arenais among them.

"I told you this world wasn't the place to simply go exploring!" he shouted back, reminding Caen of the previous warning that Caedyn had spoken of Mutafar's history. There were very few Jedi in the Galaxy that hadn't at the very least heard of Mustafar's inherent darkness, as well as the infamous Castle Vader that still stood somewhere not so far from the Corvex Fen if Caedyn's memory served accurately. The lair of a once-powerful Sith Lord long since passed now.

Blasterfire whizzed past as the Jedi lept across a fallen decrepit tree, his lightsaber being drawn from his belt as he landed and turned to pivot on his left heel, the green blade sweeping around to rebound the next blaster bolt back at the Alazmec shooter; Some sort of Sith Cultist or worshippers of the Dark Side that remained so heavily present across the volcanic world.

How was it exactly that he'd found himself in this situation?

Oh...That's right...

QVGWVwR.png

SEVERAL HOURS EARLIER, HYPERSPACE
ABOARD THE 'PATHFINDER'

Standing around the holotable as Caen San Tekka explained the basics of their venture to Mustafar, Caedyn Arenais remained silent and contemplating the possible scenarios they might find ahead of time. It was safe to say that he wasn't feeling overly comfortable about their objective location, and yet the acquisition of artifacts, especially those of Force Sensitive nature, often came with these sorts of risks. The reward in their success hopefully meaning one more potential secret or weapon kept out of the hands of the Sith, or those who would abuse such knowledge.

Among their group, Caedyn's experience as a Force User would no doubt be his strength to offer their expedition. Trained by both the Je'daii and Jedi Orders, his knowledge of history, skill with a lightsaber and ability within Force practice would benefit them most on a world such as Mustafar. There where there were still so many unknowns about the former Sith World.

After the leader of the expedition had introduced himself, however, Caedyn took it upon himself to go next. "For those of you who aren't familiar with me, I'm Jedi Knight Caedyn Arenais of the Svivren Enclave in the Outer Rim. I'm here as an advisor in the ways of the Force and how to protect ourselves should we run into any trouble down there".

"Speaking of Mustafar, a word of caution to all of you. This isn't likely to be a simple hike, this planet is shrouded in darkness and still likely to contain many dangers that could threaten our trip. I strongly advise keeping your guard while we're there". It likely went without saying to those who were familiar with the history of the planet, however, Caedyn would've been remiss not to mention it, given his role as a Jedi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom