Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Things keep happening in bars...

Location: Ruusan, a bar in a settlement not far from the Temple.

It had only been a couple of days back at a Jedi Temple for Ceska when she had set out to track down rumors of a bar in a nearby village. It wasn't that Ceska expected to find answers in her mug of ale, having opted out of the green-brown bilge water looking concoction the barman had called whisky. Rather, she needed time away from the Jedi to think. This rather ramshackle building was hardly a bar, but it gave her a place to sit at a table in a corner.

It had been good to come back, to begin to find herself again. But she was just hiding, delaying the inevitable truth. The Sith were out there and needed to be stopped. She feared the Order wasn't going to be the ones to stop them. She sighed and took a swallow of the drink.

A brown ale, it was served at room temperature and it wasn't bad. Ceska glanced around casually at the other patrons, villagers and those from the nearby farms. They'd all looked up from their mugs when she walked in, eyeing her with curiosity. They didn't get many strangers around here. Still, they weren't unfriendly and seemed to sense her desire to be alone. She had heard murmurs of Jedi, a combination of her being an umarried young woman around her age as well as the telltale robes.

There was no hostility in their glances or murmurings, so Ceska really didn't care. Soon enough they went back to their ales and conversations about...well, whatever it was farmers spoke about. The weather, the coming harvest, the latest in quantum mechanics? She wasn't sure. It was a good thing their voices were kept at a reasonable level, Ceska reflected. Made it easier to contemplate.

She idly drummed her fingers on the wooden tabletop. What was she going to do? The Order seemed ready to rest on it's laurels until the Sith came knocking before they would do anything. Preaching about the Code wouldn't save you from a bloodshine blade through the gut. She knew that she couldn't just up and destroy every Sith Lord and toady herself. Too many of them.

[member="Thane Drexel"]
[member="Solan Charr"]
[member="Darik Plutan"]

Sitting...more like laying...in a booth bear the bar, Thane stared at the ceiling.

Drink on the table, one in his hand, and another on the way, the Zabarak was drunk to say the least. Some people were making noise, too much noise for Thane's liking. He rose up...

"Whhaa rrrrr yoooo yowlling aboort...'belch'...stoopid fazzzezz!!"

[member="Ceska Starshield"]

Ceska looked up at...the Zabrak? She really hadn't noticed him, but small wonder, seeing how he had practically been laying. He was quite evidently inebriated and shouting incoherently at the irritated locals. She rolled her eyes and sighed in exasperation; time to go prevent an incident. She rose to her feet and strode over, making a soothing gesture to the barman. She was Jedi and would smooth it out.

"No one's shouting at you, friend," the woman told the drunken male "They're just laughing and talking, that's all."

She eyed the drinks on the table and frowned. Catching the barman's eyes she gestured for him to not bring the drink he was pouring. When she flashed credchits, offering to pay, he nodded. Looking back to the Zabrak, she gently waved her hand in the air as a focus, reaching through the Force to gently touch his mind.

"You've had enough to drink. You want kaff, you want to sober yourself."

[member="Thane Drexel"]

Looking up at the woman who talked with her hands, Thane didn't hear what she'd said because she was pretty, and Thane was drunk. And Thane's brain said, 'Oooh pretty girl!!'

"I may wan sum o tha netz." Obviously hinting at Ceska's...physique.

He winked, or tried, or something. His mind was strong enough to stave off the mental attack, as he had just faught back a Master just weeks ago. That was not fun. But maybe this lady would be...

"Whaass yuur name preddy laddyyy?"

"I'm Ceska and you're beyond drunk," she replied, ignoring his lecherous glances. He wasn't bad looking but, in this state, not attractive. Ceska frowned as her mind trick was fended off. Not a simple drunk, no, but something more than that. There was a feeling that she should talk to this Zabrak and that he held some importance. She signaled for two kaffs, something Ruusan did very well in addition to agriculture.

"So, I take it that you're not from around here. What brings you all the way to Ruusan?"

OOC: Can Thane drop Ceska off on Balmorra, because he 'knows' of some Rebel activity there in which she could lend a hand?

[member="Thane Drexel"]

Thane sat up properly, taking a few deep breaths and attempting to clear his head as the Kaff was set on the table.

"Well, Miss Ceska, you are correct in guessing I'm an alien here. I am here because I felt like taking a trip. I'm from the Southern side of the Outer Rim. What brings you to a bar miss Jedi? And yes, I know. I can feel it in my gut. I'm pretty good about that kind of thing. I Always know."

Thane sipped on the kaff and the dark, bitter liquid perked him up slowly as he drank.

[member="Ceska Starshield"] (Of course, once we get that far here.)

"Well, dectective, you've found me out."

She smiled over her cup and took a sip. The Padawan gathered her thoughts before replying, inhaling the rich aroma with eyes closed.

"I'm here, trying to sort out my thoughts," she said "As you know, I'm a Jedi and I was...away...for a while."

Ceska used the sip of hot liquid to gain pause.

"The One Sith have been rather busy lately. I feel like I should be doing something about it, not sitting here on Ruusan."

She looked at the Zabrak, eyebrow arched and spoke again.

"You never told me your name."

[member="Thane Drexel"]

Thane felt the warm kaff fill his belly and the caffeine surge in his veins. A Jedi who wants purpose. A good thing for the Benefactor of the Rebel Alliance to stumble across.

Straightening his short and running a hand over his horns, like he had hair or something, He collected his thoughts and spoke.

"Well the OS are a rowdy bunch of squids, all slimy and gross. If you'd like to do something about them, I may have an opportunity for you to do some good. As for who I am, this is not the time or place to say. I'm Not the most popular amongst them or their pals, the Ravens. Last I checked," he went in to a whisper, "my bounty is at half a million."

"What I can tell you is, I am part of a team, a family more or less, who seeks to ride the galaxy of the wicked and evil, without the constraints of the Senate or the Grandmaster. If you'd like, I can show you who we are and who I am?"

Ceska pressed her lips into a thin line at the amount of his bounty. Not an insubstantial amount, 500,000 credits. She thought of her brief stint on Nar Shadda and of a certain Raven she'd had dealings with. One who had attempted to stick it to her, asking for edtra credits at the last minute.

Her expression became intentionally blank as he went on. She felt a certain excitement from his words. Maybe this was that opportunity she had been searching for. Taking another sip of kaff brought her a moment or two's pause to consider.

"Okay, I'm interested. Just a fair warning to you: if you try to swindle or double cross me...," she patted her lightsaber hilt without her eyes leaving his.

[member="Thane Drexel"]

[member="Ceska Starshield"] (Sorry, lost track of this one.) [member="Solan Charr"]

Thane looked on as the Jedi needlessly reminded him of her weaponry. He smirked at her wryly and finished his Kaff. He rose and offered his hand.

"Shall we be off then, my dear. Our new found relationship is waiting to develope."

If she took his hand or not, he'd wait for her to rise then lead her to his ship. A private craft he purchased through the Republic.

"I do believe we can start by heading for Balmorra. It is a good starting point for us."

Ceska rose and simply looked at his extended hand instead of taking it. Balmorra, was it? The factory world now in the possession of the One Sith Empire. Their arsenal would be heavily disrupted by interference on that world. She cocked an eyebrow at him and she began to follow him out. Before exiting, she slapped down a credit note on the bar before the man tending it, making a gesture to keep any change.

Once they were outside and away from prying ears she spoke.

"Balmorra," it wasn't a question "Exactly what interest do you have there."

The Padawan suspected this had something to do with the Rebel Alliance. Drexel didn't strike her as Republic or Military intelligence; if they needed Jedi help, they'd go right to the Council.

'Speaking of the Council,' she thought 'I should leave a message if this ends up happening.'

[member="Thane Drexel"]

"Yes, a lovely place that holds much interest to me and mine. As for what's there, I'm sure that you are aware of the manufactuing surplus that planet is and it's handlers are the one and only...One Sith Empire. A lovely bunch of karking bantha fodder stuffed in a Hutts rear and defecated on a trandoshan cracker made of bad attitudes and whiny FU's. Me and mine are looking to himder their ability to make their weapons of mass annoyance. Since we are clear of unwanted eavesdroppers... technically, I am no one special. Just Captain Thane Drexel of the Republic Navy. Wing two of the Bloodhawks." Thane led her into a hangar where a shuttle with unmarked soldiers stood guard. As they neared, the two snapped to attention and saluted.

"Benefactor! Sir! Ready to launch?"

Turning to Ceska, "Unofficially, to these fine gentlemen and their compatriots, I am the Benefactor of the Rebel Alliance. Now come now, we have a fleet to catch."

"Yes sirs, let the Captain know we are returning and will rondesvou with the fleet for talks with Admiral @Kransnaya Xue about this young Jedi and her intended involvement in plans to disrupt the Sith."
They snapped a second salute and radioed ahead for Thane.

Thane led the way inside the shuttle and the troops would wait for Ceska to board then they would ascend to the skies...

Ceska smiled a little, in spite of herself. So he WAS millitary after all, she noted with amusement. Technically. The two guards hopped like new recruits and she rolled her eyes. Even obeying your Master involved more dignity that that. An Admiral, was it. It seemed like she was moving up in the world.

She followed Drexel up the ramp and into his vessel.

"Yes, I know all about the arsenal on Balmorra. It would be a fine place to make a difference."

[member="Thane Drexel"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom