Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

They're on Dantooine.

Kaia was doing a bit of unsupervised adventuring. Of course she was, it was what her Odyssey was all about. It wasn’t like she was going to the Citadel, though, no, she was finding herself adventuring away from the Levantines and the Jedi Academies. What she really wanted to do was learn a bit more about the Primeval. They were new on the galactic scene, but she could've sworn Aunt Lily spoke about them from deeper in the Unknown Regions. Some sort of occult deal. A big crazy, but... she should learn what was out there, right? She did face down a GIANT (really small, like a meter and a half tops) lizard that tried to kill her (she looked like food, it was a weird day).

Honesty, she wasn’t sure if there was still an academy on Dantooine, but she knew this world was part of some sort of Rebellion that launched against her family after the Clone Wars. It would be interesting to see if there was anything left of a time before. The ancient powers and the pilots who were flying against the Empire? Imagine being there then, when your way of like was in that much danger from just one person. Or if her family was getting attacked by rebel pilots.

She knew that there was a training sim on the Dawn Treader one based off of some trench run and how to best handle people when they were coming after you. She and her brother always seemed to master it, but maybe they cheated? Was using the Force cheating? That was something she needed to consider.

Anyway, the Warden-To-Be, had landed her freighter on the world of Dantooine and made sure she wasn’t looking like she just rolled out of any one place in space. Remember to blend, her father always said. Well, she could do that, right?

Of course, and she was going to.

Just… which way to the like… fun parts of the planet? She stood outside the spaceport, staring up at the visitor stand. Maps…?

[member="Liam Quez"]

Liam Quez

L
I hated coming home, but my sisters were the type to not let forget where I came from and why I should always come back. Grumbling I left the shuttle that I arrived on and headed down the long hallways of the ports. The smell of Dantooine filled my nose and reminded me of things that I didn’t want to remember. The Primeval, explosions, and mom dying. That smell alone reminded me and the hate I had for that group of people just burned inside of me. Yep, I hated coming home always put me in a bad mood. What I hated even more about it, I had to wait for my pack to arrive down the stupid luggage shoot. Aliens and the like where grabbing whatever came down until this Ithorian reached for my pack. “EY EY EY EY that’s mine!”

Reaching out before the Ithorian did, I grabbed my pack and of course opened it just to make sure the pack belonged to me. Which it did. Sticking my tongue out at the thief, I continued down the hallway towards the entrance of the port. Drawing a hood up over my blonde head I shoved my hands into my pockets and stormed down the path trying to not draw any attention to me. I just wanted to get home deal with the family and then get back to the Peregrine with Ibaris. I tried to convince her to come meet my dad, but then she gave me a weird look which probably meant I was asking her to do something outside of her comfort zone. I smacked my forehead hard, which seemed to be a common occurrence for me now a days. I always mess up with her, other girls I know how to talk to and deal with. Just with her I always say the wrong thing.

Grumbling under my breath I glanced up as I passed the board with the maps. I stopped and stared for a moment at the maps. I didn’t need them, but there was someone that possibly did – someone who didn’t know the planet…a very pretty someone. Dropping my hood, I ran my fingers through my blonde hair to hopefully liven it up after being smashed under the hood. Hands still in my pockets I took a couple of large steps towards the girl and the map board. “Funny how big this planet is, I forget until I come home and look at it.” I didn’t look at her, but kept my eyes glued to the board and continued to casually talk to her. “You trying to find anywhere in particular?”

[member="Kaia Starchaser"]

One thing Kaia Starchaser knew was starports. She knew how to get through and how to walk properly through them, which people to watch out for and what things to notice. Here she worked her best to keep her pack close to her, it was a standard http://www.tumi.com/p/monterey-sling-022318BTH/]sling-backpack.[/url] And if you were clicking that link, she’s a Jedi and she’s going to have a blue lightsaber, so yes, the bag was in the color ‘baltic’ and so what if her jacket was olive drab and her pants were black. It worked, damnit.

Really, Kaia didn’t care if it did, the girl was sporting purple and black hair right now anyway, she was traveling and it didn’t matter how she looked. She was happy, and that was what counted, right? Of course it did. This was part of the whole Warden thing too, wasn’t it? Exploring, checking out new places, and finding one’s place in the galaxy? She did bring her homework with her, mainly because she didn’t want to let Jorus Merrill down, and with her brother poking around at school now… Couldn’t he just bother Lia or something?

She knew about the pair, they were always doing those last looks at one another when they left the ready room. And Kaia liked Lia! She was awesome, kind of like a big sister, and they took that trip together, to meet with Mara. Yeah, there was a lot of fodder in this post. It’s like writing a dating website description, people just looked at pictures.

Surprisingly she didn’t have her hood up, but that was bad taste in some sectors, to protect yourself that way. And Dantooine seemed a nice enough world, why not, right? The funny thing about the man next to her was he had his hands still in his pocket after fixing his hair. Never put them in, or took them out? Was funny, words. She had her hazel eyes, a mix of her father’s blue and mother’s green, watching him when he was watching the map. He was cute, no Brad Skywalker, but, unf, so few were.

“Lots of planets are big… I never really spent long on a planet.” Living with the Ship and the sometimes small armada that the writer liked to include, sometimes it was one ship, alone. What did stick was that it was a Star Destroyer, and it, more than even Corellia, was home.

Sure, the Broken World was her [SIZE=11pt]ancestral [/SIZE]home, and she even carried a small knife built from Bloodsteel, because she found some when she was there, and her father made two knives, one for her, the other for her brother. And could we stop writing already and do something.

“This is home? And I’m… just kind of exploring. Anything fun I should be seeing?” Ruins, maybe?

[member="Liam Quez"]

Liam Quez

L
She sure liked to stare, made me wonder if she was more of the thinking type than the talking type. Which I didn’t really mind it just meant I could talk a whole lot more. I pulled my hands from my pockets because it was weird or something, I guess. My arms just hung to the side not really knowing what to do with them, but I wouldn’t put them in my pockets nope not ever again. I thought that’s what guys did when they wanted to be cool, run your hand through your hair, smirk and then shove your hands in your pockets. It’s the cool guy look, right? Stupid holovids and their stupid lies of the cool guy, they should do a documentary on me, I’m the coolest guy on this side of the galaxy!

The girl spoke finally and I nodded answering her comment on this being my home. She had mentioned she was never on a planet long, which was odd to me mostly because I grew up here and I learned everything I needed to know here. Wonder where she lived, maybe she was an alien and she lived in some floating ball that orbited different plants they were going to take over. Was it possible that she was scouting out Dantooine for her alien race?! My eyes suddenly went wide as I looked at her, she looked humanoid or something. She was a pretty alien if she was one. Looking back at the map I tried to think of something to say so she doesn’t catch that I’ve figured out her plan. I was standing here, with an invading alien race that looked like a girl. That was the trick, she was sent down to fool an unknowing cool guy (like myself) into showing her everywhere on the planet. Then she would go back and tell her supreme alien leader what she had seen and who she had talked to.

Pondering this, I realized that maybe if I cooperated I would get a free ticket or something. A hand finally rose to tap the bottom of my chin with my index finger. I could make this work in my favor, I had to think of the people I would save from the aliens that look like really hot girls. My first thought was Dad and my sisters, then Ibaris, then Mira. I would miss sucking Mira’s face if something happened to her from the aliens, Ibaris would want to see everything that was happening because she’s a weird girl like that. Though I’d miss her too, now that I think about it. Finally, I looked over at her and blinked. “Uh there’s a cool abandoned Rakatan cave ruin place not too far from here. We’d need to get a speeder bike or something though.” I wanted to ask her about her alien race, but I decided to just keep my mouth shut. I had to play it cool.

Good thing I’m a cool guy.

Kaia was the type to observe. One of the rules for the Odyssey she was on, she needed to learn her place in the galaxy. And if you weren’t looking for it, how would you know if you found it? She wanted to make sure she did this right, if she didn’t go back in service of the Dawn Treader, she wanted to make sure she knew where she did want to be. Still, if she could go back home but still be a Warden and not exile herself? She would want to do that. She missed her brother. She missed her family. Life seemed so connected back on the ship and she wanted that. As for how cool guys were? Kaia only knew there was something about Brad Skywalker, but was it that he was Luke Skywalker’s kid (that was a lie, but Kaia didn’t know that), that was probably it. Though there were so many different looking people.

Like this boy. He was cute too! Jeez, was the whole galaxy cute? Kaia licked her lip and bit on her lower lip, before adjusting the super awesome Padawan braid thing. She wanted to give the Jedi a chance, but not just any Jedi, like… the Academy was cool, but the Jedi in the Sanctum? They made sense to her. That was what she wanted. As for being an alien? Nope. She was Corellian. That was a human world. Mostly. It was put there by aliens, from the myths, but really… She was probably less exciting of a human, born in space. Wait, did that make her like… the normal definition of alien? She wasn’t from here! Was she really going to take over? Ha, no.

She still needed to find where she was going to go here. She didn’t like being planet side, but she also kind of believed in serendipity. If she ran into this boy, maybe she was supposed to? Maybe they’d get married! Then she could bring him back to her ship. A cave? She smiled. “Wait… are there lizards in this cave?” That’d be a big… well, she’d go, but she didn’t want this Dantooiniaininsian boy to think she was scared. She was a space explorer! Didn’t she have her Levantine Frontiers Jacket on… no? She should fix that.

She should make one!

[member="Liam Quez"]

Liam Quez

L
I looked up at the map wondering really why I was even looking at it. The symbols and the words meant nothing to me, I didn’t know how to read beyond a few words here and there. Those words of course wouldn’t get me anywhere with a map. Still, I pretended like I knew what I was doing, the last thing I needed was to let the Alien girl know that - I’m pretty fething useless. If I became useless, well then she would just drag me off to the alley and suck my soul out or something. My blue eyes glanced towards the girl, she was too pretty to be a soul sucking alien - maybe she would just eat my skin or something. I don’t know and I wasn’t in the mood to find out.

My face showed its confusion as she asked me about lizards. A hand found my chin as I scratched at the poor excuse of peach fuzz, while pondering if there were lizards or not. To be completely honest and this is between you and me, I have no idea if there were lizards or not. In all actuality no matter what answer I give the Alien girl, I’d be wrong. That’s just how the story goes. I say ‘No, alien girl there are no lizards’, then we get to the ruins and there’s things that are as tall as buildings on Coruscant. Now, if I say ‘oh man there’s huge lizards the size of buildings on Coruscant’, we get there and there’s nothing. So, either way I’m wrong. Musing over my choices in this horrible situation I’ve gotten myself into I respond calmly with a shrug. “Not sure, but I don’t think there’s anything bigger than the palm of your hand on Dantooine.” There we go, beat the cosmos boy.

It suddenly hit me, the Alien girl didn’t know my name and I didn’t know her super secret agent name. I put out my hand like my father taught me and smiled softly. “By the way, my name’s Liam, what do they call you on your home planet - or ship...whatever you live on ali---hi you’re pretty.” So not a cool guy anymore, this alien girl is on to me now and she’s going to EAT MY FACE...and I never got to suck Ibaris’ face. Such a sad ending to my story...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom