Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private They're Just Bruises

GADividerPurple.png

"Seszil, form two."

The hum of a lightsaber and the flash of steel filled one of the training rooms. Aris had taken the room for himself, mostly so the floating blade Seszil had the freedom of movement to truly be challenging. They could attack at weird angles, immediately riposte, spin. There were so many different ways that Seszil could spar with him that made the blade the ideal training partner.

There were also code phrases. Aris, without the ability to actually share his intent with Seszil, had to speak aloud for their more united forms when they fought side by side. This was one of them. It was a simple drill, having Seszil weave through his own strikes so he could openly take advantage of possible openings or create their own.

But figuring that out was still a challenge. Aris winced as he felt the sting of Seszil's purposefully wrapped edge wack his wrist. Aris naturally had strengthened his body, but Seszil was still quite painful to be hit by. He grumbled, pulled his hand as he put his saber away.

"We'll have to keep working on that."

"Yes, young Master. .. Are you alright?"

"Yes, it'll just be a bruise, probably."

Kina Ropal Kina Ropal

"Aris?"

The Pantoran female poked her head into the training room, her golden gaze finally landing on the young Noble as he was putting away his saber. "It's almost dinner time. You're still training?" Kina didn't waste any time, walking and talking until she closed the distance between them, stopping just a few feet away. She looked to the sword, calmly blinking as she gave a polite wave. "Hi Seszil."

Aris Noble Aris Noble

GADividerPurple.png

"Young miss."

Seszil did what amounted to a floating sword bowing before finding his way back into his sheath close by to Aris. It was still too large for Aris to wear properly, but he could carry it. In his good hand, anyway. The Epicanthix nodded, tilting his head. "Well, yeah. It's still training hours. I figured I'd get as much in as I could until dinner. Though I am going to stop early today. Do you know what they're planning to serve?"

Kina Ropal Kina Ropal

Last edited:

"Hmm... Looked like some sort of casserole or... layered dish filled with carbs and cheese..? It wasn't a name I recognized." She crossed her arms over her chest as she thought aloud in response to him, gold eyes squinting when he mentioned ending his training early so shortly after stating he'd train as much as possible before dinner. That was a little contradictory, and unlike him.... "Why were you going to stop early?" Her brow was furrowed, watching Aris, wracking her brain as to why exactly he'd stop training? All the kid did was train.

Aris Noble Aris Noble

GADividerPurple.png

"Lasagna."

Aris nodded once. Carbs would be good after all his training. Though, he blinked slowly before looking again to Kina. And for a brief moment he hesitated to answer. He knew what she was asking. It wasn't often he'd find himself in a lecture about the injuries he sustained, but it happened enough that he'd already started to feel some hesitation when it came to experiencing the wrath of Kina.

"Seszil got a good hit on my wrist. It's nothing serious. Likely a bruise that'll heal in a day or so with some bacta."

Kina Ropal Kina Ropal

Kina's eyes narrowed more firmly in response, and her lips thinned into a line. Without warning she extended a hand, palm upward, and gave a firm 'gimme' gesture. "Let me see it. Now." It didn't matter how serious, pain was not something to be taken lightly. She wasn't leaving any room for 'no'.

Aris Noble Aris Noble

GADividerPurple.png

He didn't hesitate to offer his hand under her command, just clearing his throat as he looked off. It was dark for certain, bruised from the impact. At least it wasn't broken, but it looked like it was teetering on the edge between sprain and break. "It's nothing bad, I assure you. It will heal as I said. You don't need to trouble yourself, Kina."

Kina Ropal Kina Ropal

"You idiot..." Kina almost growled, a frown clear across her face. She gently held his hand, turning it to look it all over. "It's not 'nothing bad'. You're just going to ignore and power through it like always." There was a very obvious glare pointed in Aris' direction, as he had accidentally earned himself the wrath of Kina once more. She pinched his wrist, not just to examine how bad the injury was but to scold him as well, looking for his reaction with each poke.

"It doesn't matter how 'small' something may seem to you; it could potentially be worse than you anticipated, or get worse down the line. A bruise, a cut, a burn. It doesn't matter what sort of injury it might be, or how small. You need to take care of it properly, and immediately." This would be a lecture she'd given him many times before. How many? It's not that Kina was unsure, but more that she didn't care how many times she had to lecture Aris; she'd continue to do so until he got it, no matter how long it would take.

Aris Noble Aris Noble

GADividerPurple.png

Aris sighed just a little before nodding with a faint smile. She was right. It was important that he didn't waste time when he got injured, no matter how lightly. It meant he wasn't at his best, at his strongest. If he had the time, he needed to make sure he got tended to immediately. "Sorry, Kina. .. And thank you. It hurts a little there, on the wrist."

It was, ultimately, just a sprain. Though one that probably hurt more than it seemed for him.

Kina Ropal Kina Ropal

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom