Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private They aren't zombies.

En Route-Balmorra
Amani Serys Amani Serys

Aiden had gone over the reports and the briefings several times. Too many times to be exact, granted for him there was never not enough times to read over something. The Rakghoul Virus was something that he was completely unfamiliar with. Once the virus reached a certain point there was no going back, and there was almost no cure once they were at that point. Wherever this virus seemed to go though, there was always some sort of dark presence there. Information that he had gathered from his readings and understanding.

He knew this was going to be a big learning experience for him. He was glad to be going with Amani, who he knew was already an pretty great healer and such. He wasn't planning on joining in on fighting unless it was necessary. This was mainly allowed to go as to assist Amani in whatever she had needed. The Alliance was already in motion to deal with the situation, granted they weren't to sure on how big the outbreak was. They would soon figure that out upon arrival.

"Thank you for allowing me to join you, Amani."
Aiden said with a small smile. Aiden was always eager to learn and help out whomever and whichever way he could. That was just him in his normal nature. That's what he enjoyed was his ability to help others, as much as he could.

Amani was absorbed in pensive thought for much of the journey to Balmorra. Where the Rakghoul plague went, trouble often followed. She knew from experience: Back in her time with the Silver Jedi, she had taken point on an operation to the sub levels of Taris, with the goal of clearing out a resurgent Rakghoul population.

Ideally, it would have been the first and last time she ever had to confront the disease. But there was no such luck. Now that she was the Chief Healer for the New Jedi Order, it was up to her to oversee a similar mission once more.

The Padawan's voice brought the mirialan out of her brooding, "Of course," Amani said, smiling back, "Just follow my lead, and we'll do fine," Her welcoming tone was underlined with firmness. She didn't doubt his capabilities, but the Rakhgoul virus was never to be treated lightly. Better that he be aware of that gravity now, than risk being caught off guard later. At least they were well-supplied and prepared. Their arrival was soon approaching.

"How has your training been, Aiden? We've never had much opportunity to get acquainted until now."

"Of course, Master." Aiden said with a small smile. Typically he tried to avoid first names basis unless they were comfortable with him calling them by their first name. However even then he still opted to show them that respect, they had definitely earned it. The elevation to knight was not something that was taken lightly. It took years of training sometimes, while others caught on more quickly. Aiden was of no hurry, he wanted to learn and grow and be the best version of himself that he could be.

"Thank you for asking." The Padawan spoke with sincerity while showing a steady smile. "It's going rather well. There isn't much I can say to complain, not that I ever would. My healing skills are increasing at a steady pace, I've come to realize though that I made need more balance than before. So I've been dedicating my extra time to the arts of the lightsaber as well."

Aiden, when it came to the utilization of the force.....he was fairly good. That was his strong suite, but to be complete and a true Jedi he would need to master the blade as well. He still had so much to learn.

"I'm eager to continue learning and remain on the correct path."

Amani Serys Amani Serys

The mirialan nodded, "Please, Amani is fine," Master still sounded strange to her. A title she had yet to earn from anyone other than her own padawan. Ever the humble healer, professionalism was something she often granted others, but felt little need to have it reciprocated.

"That's good to hear. Jedi should always strive to excel in a number of fields,"
Their's was a path of constant self-improvement. Given how many duties they might undertake as peacekeepers, monks, or even soldiers, it was in their best interest learn at least a bit of everything, "And of course, I'm always glad to have more healers on board." Their specialization was often more lacking in numbers than others. And often, they were some of the most needed, "Do you have a master of your own? Someone I know?" Presumably one of the healers, in which case she most certainly did. But apprentices weren't always mirror images of their mentors. Amani's apprentice certainly wasn't.

Their ship broke through the atmosphere shortly after, coming in for a landing.

"Sounds good, Amani." Aiden said with a smile on his face. He was glad that she had approved of what he was looking to achieve. He wanted to be as well rounded as possible. He personally felt that was the best way to be most effective and to help the order in its entirety.

"Samara Raine is my mentor, she's off planet right now though. So I'm kinda freelance at the moment. Just tagging along and providing aid to any that I can." Aiden said with a confident words and smile. "I also enjoy learning from different Masters. It's always nice to have a different take and approach on things. It's necessary in order to grow I feel."

He ended his sentence there as he ship broke the atmosphere plane and went down planet side for a landing.

"So, what sorts of things are we expecting to encounter?" Aiden inquired, while he knew what from reading. But reading was different than experiencing it in the field.

Amani Serys Amani Serys

Amani's features lit up in recognition, "Ah, yes. Samara was something of a role model to me during my padawan years," She chuckled. The two had really only met on one occasion, but it was nonetheless a transformative part of Amani's career as a healer, "I'm glad to have her active again in the Jedi. You're in good hands." His sentiment on training under different masters and knights was shared as well, in part because it was frankly all she knew, "I never had a dedicated apprenticeship. Not one that last, anyway. So I was always learning different perspectives and approaches. It is nice in that sense, but I think it needs to be balanced with the stability of a primary teacher," Which, of course, Aiden had in Samara.

As the surface of Balmorra neared closer, their discussion inevitably returned to the task at hand. Amani sighed, obviously undergoing a bit of mental preparation as her tone turned a little more serious, "The Rakghoul virus is highly dangerous. After enough exposure it turns the host into a mindless mutant, with the sole purpose of spreading the plague," She turned to Aiden and continued, "So expect resistance, and avoid direct contact if possible. Scratches, bites, anything like that can transfer the virus to you on contact. We can some samples of the cure here, but not many, and it'll need to be treated quick. Once someone has mutated completely, whoever they used to be is gone. There's only one 'cure' at that point..."

"It's also of Sith origin. So if the plague is here… then I suspect something darker at work."

"She is indeed special, she is a sister to me." The Jedi Padawan said with a small smile as he he listened to her with much intrigue.

This wasn't an ordinary disease and it was something that would need to be dealt with carefully. He would make all preparations to follow Amani Serys Amani Serys lead and offer whatever support that he could.

There's only one 'cure' at that point..."

"Would that be, death essentially." Aiden inquired, while he felt that was the correct choice. If they were gone beyond all hope and measure, that would be the only logical choice then. Whatever humanity they had left in them would be gone.

"We must do everything we can to make sure those that are stricken with this virus are treated quickly. I will do everything I can Master Serys." Aiden had a tendency to perhaps prove himself or do more than what was expected of him. The Jedi that were with him, they were for all intents and purposes his family. And he protected his family, no matter what.

"I will do my best to make sure you are safe as well Master Serys!" Aiden said with a humble and gracious smile.

"That's right," Amani nodded, confirming what he said aloud. After a certain point, the rakhgoul plague was 100% terminal, if untreated beforehand. All the more reason to be careful.

"Make sure you don't neglect your own safety in the process," She added, adding some measure to his determination. It reminded Amani of herself, a bit too much. She wouldn't allow Aiden to get too far ahead of himself and be hurt in the process, "But I appreciate it."

Soon after, the ship landed on the surface, and Amani stepped down the ramp, "We need to triage. Find the most urgent cases, start there, work our way down. Encounter any rakghouls… you know what to do."

"Yes Master, I will follow your directives down to the wire." The Jedi Padawan nodded his head just as the ship landed and Amani stepped down the ramp and Aiden followed. Already, he could tell this was going to be a very rough day. He could feel first off, the fear and pain that those in triage and even those that hadn't been assessed yet. Cases were overwhelming and the Jedi Padawan steeled himself for anything that he would have to do.

He took a deep breath, entering the medical tent and he glanced around. "There's so many...." Aiden whispered softly. He immediately began to get to work, he retrieved a datapad from the lead medical personnel and begun to get started. Checking all symptoms related to the virus.

Bleeding from the eyes, nose, mouth of that sorts. There was a forty eight hour incubation period. Being extremely careful, yet as swiftly and decisively as he possible could.

Amani Serys Amani Serys

Entering the medical tent, Amani sighed. It was an ambivalent sigh, both worried and relieved. There were more cases than she would've liked. But considering that there was still an actual medical tent in operation, then things hadn't devolved into complete chaos yet. Which hopefully meant they could save a lot more, "Let's not waste time."

Amani flashed her credentials to the current staff, who were already expecting their arrival, and quickly got to work, "This is all of the serum we have. Administer it to your highest urgency cases," She flashed a handful of vials before dispensing them out to the staff. Then, the Chief Healer started down the list, crouching down beside one of the beds next to a patient. Amani frowned, and cleaned off some of the blood and sweat, before hovering a hand over the patient. She then channeled a wave of soothing Force energy, healing them, purging them of the dark poison that was trying to corrupt their system, "How are you holding up, Aiden?" She spared the padawan a glance.

"Let's not waste time."

"Yes master." Aiden responded decisively as he immediately went to work, his training and such kicked in as he moved towards the first contact and would work his way across. The whimpers of pain and such, all he could do was offer a reassuring word and show an encouraging smiled, while his strength in healing did what it could to sap the evil that was spreading throughout their body.

"It's gonna be okay." Aiden whispered, as he used a small cloth to wipe the blood coming from her nose, and using another to press against her forehead. Discarding both properly he prepped another small bandage clothe as he pressed it over the wound. Using the force as he pulled forth whatever dark poison was causing her discomfort. "It's gonna be okay. Tell me a little bit about yourself?"

She showed a small smile and nodded just a bit. "My name is Ailla, I'm-" She closed her eyes in pain briefly before opening them and tears left her eyes. "It's okay." Aiden said, as he closed his eyes and focused with the force, a wave of comfort would wash over her ever so briefly.

"How are you holding up, Aiden?"

Aiden looked over the Amani and nodded his head and showed the smallest of smiles. "I'm good Master Serys, how about you?"

Amani Serys Amani Serys

"As good as one can be," She said, her attention split focusing on her patient. Given the circumstances it could be hard to keep one's chin up, but Amani had been in the thick of it many times before. In a sense she was desensitized, at least when it came to not letting her emotions distract from work. Deep down, it was still a burden to bear.

"To be completely honest, it's not as bad as I feared," Which was very different from saying it was good. But given her previous experience with Rakghouls, this was relatively controlled by comparison, "Which really means… stay alert," She smirked wryly. If trouble hadn't cropped up already, it likely would soon enough. There were likely actual Rakghouls somewhere out there…

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom