Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

These Are The Droids You're Looking For

Normally Judah chose to do business at Kesh Station, rather than down on Kesh itself. Most clients were not interested in the manufacturing of their droids or whatever the KRDS manufacturing was cranking out. Yet someone was supposed to be arriving shortly to take a tour and explain step by step what they so desired. The manufacturing facility was nestled in one of the numerous mountain ranges on the planet, complete with its own landing platform. It would be unfeasible to have clients make the trek up into uneven territory, or conversely take finished products back down.

Stepping outside from the controlled chaos inside the facility, Judah waited on the edge of the landing pad.

@[member="Tormax Tryte"]

The small ship that was simply used for transportation touched down to the landing pad only moments after breaking through the cloud formation.
The ramp opened up and the proxy droid that had apparently taken the appearance of an official looking business man. The real Tormax Tryte remained upon the ship wearing what would no doubt be taken as a pilot's uniform. Though he had a helmet covering his head. "I will keep the engine running, sir." Tormax said to the proxy droid who would be his representative in the meeting.
The proxy droid nodded and the ramp closed for the moment, though the ship still remained on the landing pad. If things were to go south however, the proxy droid was rigged to explode. But Tormax doubted that would happen. He was after all buying droids, and he would rather have his droids rather than blow up..droids.
"After you, sir." The proxy droid said to the man who had been waiting on the landing pad.
@[member="Judah Dashiell"]

@[member="Tormax Tryte"]

Naturally, Judah had no clue he was dealing with an HRD. Or even the fact he wasn't dealing with the true buyer of his products. He had extended his hand and briefly shook hands with the businessman. Looked average. Nothing seemed too out of the ordinary besides the fact this person wanted to tour the facility. If the businessman wanted to try something later on, as in come back and sabotage or steal, he'd have a difficult time. The KRDS facility was outfitted in the best of security, personally installed by himself.

"Thank you...Mister..?" Judah trailed off, not knowing the mans name. He motioned for the businessman to follow him into the facility, talking as he did so. "What are you interested in? As you see as you walk through, we can handle personal and custom projects with ease. I'd like to say its a hallmark of Kesh-Rimma Droidworks and Salvage. Personal attention to our clients. Many want modifications or designs you won't find on a standard showroom floor."

The proxy droid smiled. Tormax, his Master, had given him a name to use. "Roy Rourke. And you must be the owner of this facility if I am correct?" The droid shook his hand with a friendly smile. "I am looking for a certain type of droid, an assassin droid, that could..conceal weapons within it's own forearms. So when there is a time for weapons, they are able to be deployed fast and easily." He spoke the rehearsed line well. 'Roy' had practiced them a lot on the way there.

@[member="Tormax Tryte"]

"You would be correct Mr.Rourke." Judah nodded at the request. It was not an unusual one. Clients wanted assassin and bodyguard droids constantly. It was almost a pillar of KRDS at this point. Listening to the request, possibilities began to form in his mind. "I assure you that your request is quite feasible. Are you looking for these droids to be all purpose....say for family protection? Watch the children,the ability to perform domestic tasks and also be a protector. Or are you looking for something much more singular? Designed only to be used as a weapon only?"

"Concealing will be quite easy. A number of droids have that feature standard these days. If it wasn't a standard, its an easy modification."

'Roy' nodded and a smile broke out across his face. "That sounds quite magnificent." He said with another nod before he realized he hadn't quite answered the man's question. "Uhh..To be used as a weapon of course." He nodded his head as if to confirm that with himself mentally.

He was curious as to why his Master would want a new one though. A new proxy droid. Roy, the business man and proxy droid was just as good, was he not? "If you could also supply one proxy droid. Yes, a proxy droid, that would be perfect." He stretched his words out quite a bit, he obviously didn't get out that much to interact with the real world.

@[member="Tormax Tryte"]

Judah was used to some of the more....interesting...clients by now. The ones who had seemed as if they had been on a backwater planet since the Gulag plague. He could understand to a small point. Yet it was credits flowing in. What person in their right mind was going to say no to legitimate credits coming to them? Walking casually along the manufacturing floor, sparks and flames rested around every corner. It was an impressive display, at least to himself.

"So, we have one assassin droid and one proxy droid. Custom, I am assuming? Unique to just yourself.."

Judah broke away from the manufacturing floor, into his office. It was quiet and littered with droid designs, rough sketches, purchases orders, inspiration and more.Everything he needed to keep the facility running very smoothly.

"Please, take a seat. Can I get you some water?" Not waiting for a reply, Judah handed 'Roy' a bottle of spring water. "Design ideas...this is your baby so to speak, whats on your mind?"

Roy took the bottle of spring water, but he kept it closed. He wasn't going to drink that of all things. "Three assassin droids and one proxy droid, actually." The three would have to do. He was certain that this man delivered on his droids anyway. Ten would be just overkilling it, the proxy droid hoped.

"Just the same design as those..uh..old Yuuzhan Vong Hunter Droids from centuries go. I have come to admire those droids. After the Yuuzhan Vong were gone, they made quite the assassin and bodyguard droids I'm sure. Having three droids like that would be quite..uh..efficient." He smiled and just held the water bottle from the top.

'Roy' the proxy droid only hoped the man didn't question him about not drinking the water. He would have to come up with some excuses why he couldn't. Allergies? Not thirsty? Stupid reasons.

@[member="Tormax Tryte"]

"Four total? Not a problem Mr.Rourke."

Nodding, Judah took out a piece of flimsy and a marker. He drew a crude humaniod-like robot, with a severe skull for the head. It looked deadly and a bit intimidating, especially looking at a replica of what basically was a human skull. Arrows pointed to the forearms of where the weapons would be concealed. It looked like a YVH-1 droid, but there would be key differences. Turning the flimsy over to the drawn-on side, Judah pointed out his plans.

"We use the basic design the YVH-1 had. Modified of course, the weapons would be inserted here along the forearm. Standard blaster bolts, correct? We'll have to make an access to change out the tibanna gas. Anyways, for the plating of the droid I am thinking a trimantium. Its a bit more expensive metal, normally used in starfighters. Yet it has high tensile strength, giving a durable droid. A bonus when I'm sure your droids will be subjected to harsh conditions."

"Programming will be different as well. Instead of fighting Vong, they'll learn to be loyal to yourself and fight who you command them to. Nothing out of the ordinary with that, its quite standard."

"No doubt." Roy said and he almost grabbed the water bottle and put it to his lips. But he didn't. No doubt that would have been a bad and horrible ending for Roy Bourke the business droid man. "Do you think it would be possible to equip a vibroblade in the right forearm that rotates out in place of the actual hand when combat occurs?" As long as he was here, he might as well make the beast as dangerous as possible. After all, if the Yuuzhan Vong did try and betray Tormax, his Master, they would have to be ready. As ready as you could when you were having precautions made to..dispose of a droid hating culture.

"Do you think you would be capable of having it programmed to fight Yuuzhan Vong and as a bodyguard unit?" Always have to be one hundred percent certain.

@[member="Arvis Syphex"]

Judah thought a moment, thinking of the vibroblade replacement hand. He made a few notes on the flimsy, frowning. There was a possibility, but it would come at a cost. It would always come at a cost.

"Yes, but the blade would be weaker. Also, when the blade goes to rotate out there will be a long period where the droid will be weaponless. As for Vong, its possible. I would merely put the YHV-1 programming on the fighting style into the droid. It would just be another parameter within the programming. You must live on the edge of the Galaxy.I've only encountered a Vong once before."

'Roy' the droid nodded his head. "There will always be a negative side to something with a positive side. Very well." He nodded his head again.

If Roy Bourke wasn't a trained proxy droid, his eyes would have widened when the business man spoke of the edge of the galaxy, and the Vong. "Oh, no. It is just that in my opinion if a droid can beat a Vong, it can beat anything." He said as if it were nothing. He sat there thinking for but a moment, but then shrugged his shoulders to complete the position he felt a human would be in. A laid back business man one anyway. But his curiosity had been taken and he asked another question; "Where had you met this Vong before?" He inquired, lightly. It wasn't his business, but the man had asked. It was almost inviting him to ask the prying question.

@[member="Arvis Syphex"]

"You make a good point about droids and Vong. Hadn't thought of that before." Judah wasn't going to be so forthright in answering the next question. He had seen the Vong during his time with Vagrant Fleet, yet no one was to speak of the Fleet. It would be easy enough to explain away. Salvager businessman, criss-crossing the galaxy peddling his wares and performing transactions.

"On a space station at the edge of the Galaxy. Somewhere around where the Fringers are now. It was awhile ago, long while."

It was time to get this back to business.

"How soon do you need these droids?"

Roy ever the gullible droid just nodded in response to the man's answer. After all how would he know he was lying.

"Within seven business days. I'll return here to collect them of course." Roy Bourke the proxy droid said. Even as a droid he knew this business was coming to a close. It was time to come to an agreement now. "Price?" Was the only thing he said with a smile planted on his face.

@[member="Arvis Syphex"]

"Seven business days? Very doable."

Which was a lie of course. Judah was going to have to pull some late nights for the Vong programming. No matter, the job would easily be completed to the satisfaction of Mr.Rourke. Thinking of the total work, time and materials involved, the price was going to be a little different than the standard assassin droid units. Besides, Judah also had to make a profit with the amount of time going into such a project.

"Ten thousand credits per assassin droid, five thousand for the proxy."

"Very niicceee" He said with a smile on his face. "Is there somewhere you need me to sign to make this official? A contract? A bank withdrawal?" It was apparent to Roy that this meeting was over. All he needed to do was sign one more thing, as far as he knew, and then he would be capable of shedding this holographic visual that was over his true exterior!

He was a droid, in a place where his brethren were being made! It was quite a scary thought for Bourke.

@[member="Darth Naefas"]

"No, Normally a quarter of the payment is required to get started. The rest can be paid in full when you come back and pick up your droids in seven days. I don't do contracts for such a small order. Defeats the purpose, dont you think?"

Judah gave a small smile back. The businessman was a little odd but he still couldn't put his finger on the entire situation. So long as he wasn't being killed...well...or tortured. Everything seemed quite fine besides the unusual Vong request.

"Very well. And how shall we be doing this transaction?" He inquired. It was obviously his first time on the job as a proxy droid. He hoped it wasn't obvious to the man...Who made...Droids. "There is a substantial amount of credits upon my ship. I -- My pilot can bring them in for you." The proxy said with a nod and then a smile. If he said he would go, then the man would most probably think he would try and run. But to what end? He didn't even have his droids. Better safe than stupid.

@[member="Darth Naefas"]

Judah inclined his head curiously. The being was incredible nervous. Either at the prospect of spending so many credits....or....he was wanting to rob Judah. There was nothing in the facility worth taking except maybe a few of the rarer droids back in the warehouse facility and some lengths of the more valuable metals. Judah had about five credits on his person for the vending machine, so there was that too. Hand went to his blaster, as a show for the businessman.

"Go ahead and bring them in. Shouldn't be a problem."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom