Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Thermal Tekonite Alloy

Status
Not open for further replies.
7005_aluminium_alloy_plate.jpg

Image Source: steelsino.com
Intent: Provide a very improved from current standards and durable option against kinetic-based attacks.
Development Thread: If Needed.

Manufacturer: Arakyd Industries
Model: N/A
Affiliation: Mandalorian Crusaders

Modularity: No
Production: Mass Produced
Material: Tekonite, Thermal Gel

Description: With the rise of arsenal that heavily depends on kinetic damage such as slugthrowers, railguns, shatter guns, it was deemed necessary that viable protection options were given to the Mandalorian Crusaders on top of their traditional beskar armor. Moreover, this material is focused for those crusaders that are yet to attain their own armor made of beskar. It would be a shame if they were killed before making their own armor.

The process of creation is not as complicated as believed but it is quite innovative. Combining two options of protection against kinetic energy and impact, Arakyd Industries have developed an alloy that utilizes both functions of the substances. Immense heat protection due to the thermal gel and its kinetic impact resistant properties along with the tekonite's great abosrbtion of kinetic impact. This 'fusion' makes an alloy of excellent resistance to kinetic-based attacks whether of piercing or blunt nature. Due to tekonite's properties, the 'fusion' was deemed right to be by the tekonite surrounding the thermal gel.

From a flaws point of view, this alloy does nothing against energy-based attacks which would make it quite useless when struck by energy-based arsenal. This is a huge drawback when engaging enemies that use such arsenal as part of their combat style as it would rend through the alloy. Additionally, despite tekonite's anti-kinetic energy properties, it comes with the flaw that depending on the joules i.e 'magnitude' of the kinetic energy, it would commence a sublimation process where the struck part evaporates. The greater the kinetic energy, the greater the hole. As it cannot self-recuperate, this holes need repairs in the form of tekonite in a smaller-scaled fusion with the rest of the intact alloy.

Primary Source:

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

[member="Grim Vizsla"]

Does this maintain the property of tekonite that allows it to absorb kinetic energy? Specifically, do you get huge chunks of armor vaporizing when hit?

Tekonite was a material used to construct the nosecome of the Spiral-class Assault Ship. When the ship was used to breach a target, the tekonite nosecone vaporised, asorbing ninety-two percent of the kinetic impact

[member="Jorus Merrill"]

I was interested on how to negate this effect, I assumed it might be due to it happening when unbelievable kinetic impact is faced. In the wookiepedia thread it is a clash between a starship with a starship where kinetic energy is massive.

What are your thoughts/advice ?

[member="Grim Vizsla"]

I tend to feel like tekonite's only source shows it turning directional kinetic energy into drastic microscopic uncoupling with high efficiency. I don't see any reason why that wouldn't scale. In a sense, it's like ablative armour. After each battle, plates of this would be pitted, cracked, etc., and need to be replaced. Sound fair?

[member="Jorus Merrill"]

It does sound like an ablative armor indeed, although I've always connected that to heat shields. So, basically it lacks sustainability i.e a large number of hits would eventually result in much lesser durability which needs to be repaired post-battle, am I understanding it right?

Oh, would a dev thread suffice for countering this effect, you reckon ?

[member="Grim Vizsla"]

I don't think dev will get you past the fundamental idea: tekonite only works because it turns impact into lack of structural integrity. Basically, what you're looking at is this:

• Any significant hit you take, that piece of armor breaks or erodes or whatever, and you replace it after the fight
  • Any MASSIVE hit you take, that piece of armor pretty much explodes.

[member="Jorus Merrill"]

I was thinking of a similar but slightly different drawback:

So considering it as an ablative armor, sort of, I wanted to propose that rather than the explosion occurance, it retains its sublimation process but at the spots where the hit is taken. Basically, depending on the kinetic force behind it would create a larger 'hole' in the tekonite's integrity and so on and on. Also, the thermal gel would be 'fused' behind that 'wall' of tekonite, if that makes sense.

Uh, a side note, I hope you are not taking this as some sort of arguing from my side rather than a discussion. D:

[member="Jorus Merrill"]

Thank you! And added a few lines in the description.

This:

Due to tekonite's properties, the 'fusion' was deemed right to be by the tekonite surrounding the thermal gel.

and this:

Additionally, despite tekonite's anti-kinetic energy properties, it comes with the flaw that depending on the joules i.e 'magnitude' of the kinetic energy, it would commence a sublimation process where the struck part evaporates. The greater the kinetic energy, the greater the hole. As it cannot self-recuperate, this holes need repairs in the form of tekonite in a smaller-scaled fusion with the rest of the intact alloy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom