Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thermal Larva Launcher

Intent: To create a unique Horde organic weapon of equivalent power and function to the Assault Concussion Missile Launcher
Development Thread: None
Manufacturer: Horde Shapers
Model: Thermal Larva Launcher
Affiliation: The Horde
Modularity: None
Production: Mass Produced
Material: Organic Construct
Classification: Organic Heavy Missile System
Size: Starship Weapon
Status: Why is there a vong warship in my civilized places?
Length: longer than it is wide.
Weight: about as much as snorlax
Ammunition Type: Organic,
Ammunition Capacity: Varies per starship,
Effective Range: Long Range, same as Assault Missile

Description:

Thermal-Larva Launcher's are valued as 1 Heavy Warhead Launcher in starship construction.

A powerful muscle grown into the side of a host ship contracts, expelling a Thermal Larva at high speeds towards a target ship. Once the larva is launched, the creature wakes up from its dormant state and begins to heat up as its metabolism goes into overdrive. As the metabolism of the larva speeds up the creature begins to produce proton energy that is then expelled from the creature's rear area, providing additional thrust for the bio-warhead. This expelled energy can be directed, allowing the organic missile to guide itself toward a target. Using an organ that detects magnetic fields, the larva directs itself towards the first metallic ship of frigate size or larger that it detects.

Should the larva impact a target ship, the dense, razor sharp spiked carapace of the organism is turned into shrapnel. As the creature nears its target a chemical catalyst is introduced into the creature's bloodstream. Once this catalyst reaches the heart of the larva, the metabolic processes that have propelled the creature thus far are ramped into overdrive and the creature accelerates rapidly towards its intended target. Often times, the buildup in energy will cause the larva to glow spectacularly just before the tip of the larva's armored head impacts the hull of a ship. Upon impact, a final catalyst is released into the heart of the organism that reacts violently to the proton energy that has built up, causing a powerful and devastating explosion.

For all intents and purposes, the Thermal Larva Launcher functions identically to an Assault Concussion Missile Launcher or other similarly pointed missile weapon.

Additional ammo is grown naturally by the launcher organism. This process takes several weeks however, often requiring nearly a month for a large warship to regenerate its complement of Thermal Larva.

just archive this.
I've put enough effort into the Horde's technology for them and I'm not in the mood to fight with staff over what should be a quick and minor review for play balance.
If they want it, they can sub it themselves and fight with you over it. I'm no longer in the mood for this crap and don't feel like wasting 5 weeks of my life to get everything pushed through the factory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom