Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

There'll Be Peace When You Are Done [Closed]

INCOMING HOLO-MAIL

To: A Most Valued Acquaintance
Subject: Acquisition of Services
Encryption: Secure

Hello, dearest friend.

I have, in my possession, something that needs to be analyzed through the Force. In particular utilizing an ability of the Force that allows one to gaze into the past surrounding the item. It will involve retrieving the blueprints to a very peculiar machine. I am intentionally being sparse of details here as I am wary of message interception and what have you. Incidentally, this is not Neville Hausenfaufer, but I am sure he doesn't mind me using his Wi-fi.

Payment will be handsome and involve a wonderful holocron from a planet that starts with a T. Please meet me at the main terminal of the Anxarta spaceport on Lianna. A protocol droid with a blue stripe will be waiting. Please approach it in a manner that it can easily identify you.

Hope to see you soon,

Mr. Hausenfaufer

( [member="Valik"] )

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
Mr. Hausenfaufer hmm? Well, Valik didn't know any Hausenfaufers, but he did know a holocon from a planet that started with a T, and he had an idea of who owned it. Despite Hausenfaufer not specifying a time with which to meet he postulated that it was two days hence, and headed over to the Anxarta Spaceport on Lianna, disguised as a well-to-do noble that hopefully the blue striped protocol droid would recognize. Valik soon discovered the blue-striped protocol droid was rather easy to find, and headed over to him with little concern for stealth in his approach. It would detect him easily.

"Excuse me, I've been told to meet a blue striped protocol droid about the stunt double auditions?"

[member="Darth Janus"]

[member="Valik"]

"Lord Janus, you said you were waiting elsewhere. Are you lost?" The humor of the situation was lost on the droid, but it still decided to be helpful. "Please, follow me. You said you did not wish to be seen."

Valik would be led through the spaceport by the droid. It was a 3PO model, and so it walked in a stupid, slow manner that most would find infuriating. Thankfully it was not a long walk, as it merely took Valik to the entrance of a private landing pad. The doors slid open unceremoniously at the droid's approach, and neither of the two MagnaGuards loitering near the entrance made any move to stop them. There was never an occasion where MagnaGuards were inappropriate security devices.

Locked into the landing pad was a mundane looking shuttle with its boarding ramp open. At the foot of the ramp was Tyrin, who glanced up from his datapad to see who had entered. The last person Tyrin expected to enter was Tyrin, seeing as Tyrin was already aware that Tyrin was within the confines of the private landing pad and was not outside. This Tyrin, however, felt very different from normal Tyrin. Tyrin was able to identify this Tyrin from the vague sense he had gotten from him when he was present for the slaying of Je'gan. Only then he had not been disguised as Tyrin.

Tyrin Tyrin, Tyrin Tyrin.

"I'm pleased to see you brought along a sense of humor." The actual Umbaran said, a thin smirk finding its way onto his face.

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
Valik followed the annoyingly slow droid to the magnaguar-guarded hanger, only to find his double waiting for him, as anticipated.

"Well, you wanted easily recognizeable, and I couldn't very well go as myself." He said, before brushing aside his snowish hair. "And I suppose I'd always wondered how female near-humans dealt with an excessive amount of hair. Seems largely impractical. Can't say I've learned a whole lot though." He continued, before getting down to business.

"Now, what are we reverse engineering?"

[member="Darth Janus"]

[member="Valik"]

"And I've often wondered what it felt like to have caterpillars attached to my face, just above my eyes. But to each their own." Tyrin replied.

He turned for a moment to gesture behind him. At his signal, a lone servant droid strolled off the ship. It was pushing a hover-gurney presently covered with a tarp. It came to a stop beside the two Sithlings, at which point the tarp was removed. Positioned on the gurney was the forearm of an insectoid species. A Colicoid to be exact. It was primarily exoskeleton, as that was the only part that hadn't been lost to the passage of time. It would work well enough for Tyrin's purposes, though.

"This is the severed limb of a Colicoid scientist. He designed a large, automated weapons platform called Protodeka." Explained the Umbaran. "Please retrieve the schematics of the Protodeka as best as you can."

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
Valik put a small grin at the Umbaran's words. "All in good time." He replied, as the servant droid came to them with with a tarp covered hover-gurney, presumably the reason of their meeting. Rather a sithly artifact or captured weapon what he found was the severed arm of an insectoid species. Too thin to be a kamarian, not thin enough to be a killik, not short enough to be a Gand . . . Colicoid was the most likely species. Based on the coloration, flaking and depending on how well it was preserved anywhere from three to nine centuries old he'd guess. The Umbaran eventually confirmed his colicoid suspicions and noted the origin of the arm. Hmm. Protodeka.

"I can do this task, but traversing centuries isn't exactly a swift process. I'll need time." He said, before pulling the gurney over to a nearby table, joined by a few chairs. Sitting down he closed his eyes, before placing his hand on the forearm of the colicoid exoskeleton and letting his mind wander, deep and deep into the past.

[member="Darth Janus"]

[member="Valik"]

"By all means, take as long as you need." Tyrin said, refreshingly non-sarcastic for once.

Tyrin was unfamiliar with how psychometry worked. It was, like a great deal of things, a mystery to him. He had little immediate use for it, so he had never really bothered to learn it or anything about it. What he did know was that it worked and it made retrieving the blueprints of war machines from a bygone era much easier than usual. This was all that mannered.

The longer Valik spent on this and the better the results were, the more he would get out of his reward. Tyrin had no intention of ever parting ways with the Telos Holocron, but he wasn't opposed to sharing it with the like-minded and even tempered. Tyrin slowly sauntered away from Valik, content to give the alchemist the space and time he needed to operate efficiently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom