Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

There you are again (complete)

[member="Viktor Alexander"]

Claire was sitting quietly looking out the window at the jungle. This hotel was good for business and offered views that she wouldn’t see anywhere else.

She was on holiday, and she was still conducting business trying to work with a local designer who made these incredible works of art with feathers from the jungle.

She did not know if there was a market for it, but she was willing to find out. She kept a careful look around she was far away from Alderaan right now, and no mandalorians to protect her, so if anything happened she was on her own.

She couldn’t help but marvel at what lay on the table before her. Just stunning.

48767d5e9796362c6fb299b27a99e15a.jpg

How did the artist find the patience to do this, without even so much as a ruffle to the feathers.

A lot had changed since the last time Viktor had seen Claire. First his home had been invaded by the Republic....well the Republic tried to anyway. He had met a few people along the way before landing on the doorstep of the First Order. It was a stark contrast to the methods of the One Sith but still held the measure of Order and discipline he liked.

Viktor was actually surprised to get a message from [member="Claire Organa"] considering the way they had left things. Even so he made the trip out to Keskin to meet up with here. Arriving at the lobby he looked around before walking up to the reception desk and giving the girl a polite smile.

"Good afternoon Miss My name is Viktor." "I am looking for Claire Organa...........she is expecting me."

Viktor as usual was dressed in a suit.

The Hostess would taket [member="Viktor Alexander"] to Claire's table by the window.

A bit lost in her thoughts she had not heard him come in, and she wondered why she had called him anyhow. Could he help her accomplish anything? She didn't know but as a business woman she had to make friends, and contacts in order to expand, or maintain. So perhaps in that he could help.

Would the family at home be appreciative of this, not likely but then again she wasn't accustomed to answering to them, and likely wouldn't for some time.

When she heard the Hostess say, "Ms. Organa" Claire looked up to see her standing with Viktor. She smiled, "Hello Viktor, have a seat, care for drink?"

Viktor smiled extending a hand to Claire.

"Miss Organa I was surprised to get your message." "You look good though I remember you being a blonde last time we met."

Viktor took a seat across from her ordering a drink.

"So what can I do for you?"

[member="Claire Organa"]

"I play with my look, what do you think?" She smiled as she took his hand, "it has been a while. I hear you've moved around. Up the ladder?"

She was relaxed for this meeting unlike the last where he was convincing her to dress the One Sith. Um hmm interesting day it was.

Viktor smiled.

"I think I like it better than the old look."

He chuckled at her comment about moving around.

"Down the Ladder actually." "I found an opportunity to get out from under the thumb of Sith." "Well I actually still work for a Sith but it is one instead of one hundred."

Viktor seemed more at ease then the last time they met. He still had the posture of a stone statue but his demeanor was much more relaxed and friendlier.

"So is this a social call or a business one?"

Viktor cocked an eyebrow at Claire with a playful grin.

[member="Claire Organa"]

"Thank you I like the brunette look as well, and as for this being business or pleasure, well." She thought for a moment, "it can be both. Still with the Sith, I don't know if I see the appeal Viktor, maybe you can explain it to me."

She wanted a menu, she needed a snack, "I'm going to get something to eat, I've had a long morning already and a snack sounds good" one thing she had always thought, break bread with someone and you invoke the gods of hospitality and wouldn't dare do anything to harm them. Not that Viktor would harm her, least she didn't think he would.

She maintained her smile though something she could do a lot of lately.

Viktor smiled giving [member="Claire Organa"] a chuckle.

"There really is no Appeal." "It is just one Sith though.....not to confused with the One Sith."

He smirked at his little pun before he continued.

"To be frank I left them to join the First Order who are more Imperial than Sith." "Actually as I understand it they have very few Sith.......they call themselves the Knights of Ren." "Not sure who Ren is or how he got his own Knights but........."

Viktor just kind of shrugged until she mentioned food.

"A snack does sound good...tell you what." "It's on me."

Claired laughed, "OHHH 1 Sith, not One Sith, gotcha" She listened and read at the same time, an acquired skill for the extremely busy, "Really who is Ren? Hmm well, probably someone long gone that someone said hey let's name this the...yaddah yaddah"

Claire smiled now, "I see you are still keeping your hair short, and wearing black suits. You sure I can't talk you into a change in your look Viktor? Never know could be the key to success."

Claire pointed to something on the menu, "this sounds good, and a glass of white wine"

Viktor laughed.

"It is a uniform of sorts." "I would love to be the starter of the latest fashion trend but Imperial Society has it's rules." "It is that or they stick we in one of those over starched, stuffy Army uniforms."

He glanced quickly at the menu ordering one of the most expensive things on it and a glass of wine to match his choice before handing it back to the server.

"Not saying I am not interested in your offer........as a matter of fact I have a lady friend who could use a new wardrobe if that is something you would be able to help me out with."

[member="Claire Organa"]

"OH always just direct her to my store, we can take a look and have her fitted, You know I love playing dress up, I just need to know what she does, and what kind of impression she wants to make." She smiled, she loved business.

"As for you, you can wear what I offer when you aren't being all imperial. OH and your lady friend we offer a line of jewelry now as well. I have family in the mining business now, got some great pieces." Yes she was ready to bring in more clients.

"You'll need new suits to stand next to your lady friends new wardrobe."

The wine glasses arrived, "so...what's her name?"

Viktor smiled at her questions figuring it best to just be up front about it.

"She was sold to a prominent family on Dosuun by her parents to pay off a debt her father racked up after making some rather unscrupulous business decisions."

He paused taking a sip of his wine before he continued.

"She didn't take well to her lot in life." "So I paid off the debt." "What she does with her life now is up to her."

Viktor set his glass down for a moment looking at [member="Claire Organa"] for a moment before he remembered.

"Oh and her name is Jia."

"Jia, an interesting name I don't think I know it"

It was sad to hear that she had been sold, but [member="Viktor Alexander"] showed a bit more compassion that Claire thought he had, was it possible she misjudged him? She didn't know. "that was a nice thing you did for her. And you should send her my way, I think I can have fun with her."

She smiled.

Ok she would try to be nicer until he proved he didn't deserve nicer.

"So, I'm still trying to open a second location, moved from Balmorra to Alderaan. So out of my" She stopped she had started to tell him how out of her element she felt. But he didn't want to hear things like that.

Viktor smiled.

"Proving to be a bit more difficult of a transition that you anticipated?"

He took a sip of his wine as food appeared just in time. He looked up with a chuckle.

"Perhaps Jia and I will come visit but you have to promise to be nice." "The poor thing is a bit shy and way out of her element." "She is not yet used to considering her own needs much less putting them first."

He smiled.

"As a matter of fact being around a strong, independent woman such as yourself may be good for her." "Help her become more confidant."

[member="Claire Organa"]

"Yeah, it's difficult. One week I'm just Claire, super shopper, and then I'm Countess Organa owner of Contessa where all nobles come for their niceties." She laughed.

"Well Alderaan is neutral territory now, and you and Jia coming should be a lot easier, I have a shop in New Crevasse City which should just about all set up in 3 days so, you can Jia should come. I can show you around and find something to make her feel empowered." She hoped.

How would she overcome the shyness to help her. She'd have to think. "So should I be adding wedding dresses to her trousseau ?" She smiled at him.

"and is she blonde?"

"And will you even consider letting your hair grow out?"

Viktor smiled.

"So you did go back home after all?"

Viktor took a sip of his drink shaking his head.

"No her hair is darker than a Sith's heart..............assuming they have hearts to begin with." "What she also has is a great distrust of men." "Her former Employer's son had a bad habit of trying to bully his way into her bed."

He paused for a moment before he continued.

"What little trust she may have in me is fragile at best." "However perhaps Jia and I will come visit you on Alderaan here in a week or so."

Viktor intentionally ignored the comment about letting his hair grow out. Such a thing was unthinkable. Viktor had an image to uphold and it was important to his personal and professional success to maintain that image.

[member="Claire Organa"]

He actually let two of her comments go one about his hair and the other about a wedding dress. But she smiled, sly devil you think you are don't you.

"Well Viktor she sounds like she could use a few friends actually that can well help her out." Claire nodded and she wasn't sure why, "Do you have a picture or a holo of her so that I can see her features. I'm thinking considering her history that something very conservative until she's comfortable and I'll make sure she has some not so conservative in case, well she decides to have a little adventure."

She looked at Viktor again, "I have to say because I keep thinking, wow, I never pegged you for someone to be so charitable. unless...." She squeezed her eyes tight for a minute, "there is no ulterior motive is there Viktor, you..know.."

She took another drink signalled the waitress, "bring the bottle please" she wasn't a big drinker but this tasted really good.

Viktor chuckled.

"Charitable? Miss Organa I am only half as evil as you think I am." "Frankly it is very simple." "I found an intelligent and beautiful woman unhappy with her lot in life in addition to being largely unappreciated for what she has to offer."

He took a sip of his drink.

"Don't get me wrong I have nothing against indentured servitude." "But everyone slave or not deserves to be treated with dignity and respect."

He let what he said hang in the air for the moment before he continued.

"I know what you are thinking Claire and no I didn't free her from one collar just to place another one around her neck." "Should something blossom from our experiences together it will be her choice to act on it or not as she sees fit."

[member="Claire Organa"]

[member="Viktor Alexander"]​
"Viktor, really I didn't know mind reading was also one of your traits, so tell me what is it you think I'm thinking" She took another sip this was probably the most they had ever talked on this level without her feeling like she had to protect herself.

This was largely due to her knowing she was safe for now from being a subject to a regime she didn't trust and whose history with her family was riddled with pain and agony. Was she pressing his buttons? Was it intentional?

She bit her lip for a moment as she thought.

Viktor smiled softly taking a sip of his wine.

"Come now Claire let's not be coy." "I am well aware of your opinion of me..........." "You made it clear last time we spoke." "Add to it you asking if I have an ulterior motive for my actions and it is not too difficult to put two and two together."

He ignored the question about what she was thinking as he response to the mind reading comment answered both questions.

"If you have questions you have but to ask and I will answer."

[member="Claire Organa"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom