Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private There Is A Heart There

Lori had heard the news of the sudden death of Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim 's fiance. And as much as she hated the Empire that the woman led, and at times the woman herself for her false accusations and downright evil schemes; it wasn't as though she thought the woman had no heart.

The fact that she did care about others was made known on Zakuul when both women were invited to a diplomatic affair about the future of the planet. Ingrid had helped orphans just as her Mom had done. Plus she promised that there'd be no more atrocities like on Bakura. Lori wasn't entirely sure that the woman even wanted the position that she had.....

But it easn't as though everyone got what they wanted. Still, Lori sent out a little gift for her, neatly wrapped in a small packet. Any inspectors would find nothing abnormal about it at all, for it really was just an ordinary locket. There was nothing bad about it, unless someone just didn't care for the style.

And with the packet came a letter which read:

~Empress Ingrid,

I'm sorry for the loss if your fiance. We may be enemies, but grief chooses no side. I've lost so many family members this year and such grief I wouldn't wish on anyone. Even my enemies. I'm not heartless and neither are you.

Please accept this locket. Maybe you could carry within it a lock of his hair, or his favourite scent. Something to keep him with you, at least. It might help with your grief.

I may also curb my own rebelliousness for a fraction of time out of respect. I can't say the same for the others, however.

Sincerely,

Loreena Arenais~

Lady Ingrid L’lerim Ragal Terassi Vandiir
Eternal Empress of the Eternal Empire, Lord Commander of the Wardens of the Shroud
The Red Witch; The Night Queen, Head of the House L’lerim, CEO of the HPI Consortium

Tag: Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun
dRUm20K.png
By then, Ingrid and Adrian were already married, as two weddings were planned. One has been held before, with friends and family, to the exclusion of the public. Where they really mattered, it was just them and not politics. The coronation would have been the second for the people of the Galaxy to see it all. Ingrid was still grieving and burying herself at work. It didn't make her happy, but at least she hadn't thought of anything else until then. It wasn’t good because she was so immersed in the work that she also ruled out and forgot that AMCO AMCO was dead, she can’t accept it. And when she realized the reality, it was even more painful.

Since the coronation was close, she was in Zakuul, but she already wanted to go back to Kalidan. There was a huge storm outside when Loreena's gift arrived. It was brought in by one of the Shadow Company soldiers after being examined in every way to see if there was a problem with it. The Empress read the letter; a kind gesture, but did not expect it.

Ingrid gave an answer and since they knew where Loreena was (since they were still watching her) she sent a package with the answer.

Miss Arenais,

I received your letter, in return I will send you this package. Objects of your mother and House Arenais that were still occupied by the Eternal Empire. There is so much left Darth Tacitus did not destroy. Not much, but I’m sure these are also of great importance to you.

Sincerely,

Lady Ingrid L’lerim Ragal Terassi Vandiir”

She was not able to show weakness even now, which is why the letter became short and formal.

lqTDRqo.png

nBtOGGm.gif

It was days later before the package and letter from Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim had arrived. Lori was a bit uncomfortable with the fact that the Empress knew exactly where to send it. She was still being spied upon and still being followed. It made her wonder if anyone else she knew was replaced by Kessia Miran Kessia Miran . Could they go after Curtis Learchin Curtis Learchin again?

Lori looked over the letter first. It was formal and yet...there was a kindness there. She quickly opened up the package to view it's contents and in doing so it had brought tears to her eyes. Some of her Mom's clothing which were no doubt taken off of her when she was processed, as well as some of her jewelry. Even her tea pot and cup. Lori took hold of the clothing and lifted it up to her nose to smell it, discovering that it still was laced with her Mom's favourite perfume. Underneath was an unexpected surprise; her Mom's lightsaber. She swallowed a lump in her throat before picking it up carefully, examining it with the lightest of touches.

Perhaps grief really does unite in some way. Perhaps it was universal too.

Lori carefully replaced her Mom's items in the package. She'd send out a thank you later. Right now she needed to store them away and then tell Caedyn Arenais what had happened. This wasn't going to be spread elsewhere, just kept between the siblings as these items were his too. No doubt he'd have a safe place for them. They didn't need to become lost again. They belonged with House Arenais.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom