Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

There is a Disturbance

Eddak had been alerted to something brewing within Galderra Defense Initiative for quite some time, but this time it seemed different. Some of his most loyal Admirals had forced a priority message directly to him to warn him of something inevitably coming. Eddak had no choice but to drop what he was doing and head over to the Headquarters of GDI, nestled near the primary gate into Galderra. "Alright, what's goin' on in here?" Eddak said after pushing through the doors. It was unfortunate he couldn't greet the guards, but when your own military was having tensions with the leader, it calls for direct attention. Inside, there were a couple Officers huddled into a group talking amongst themselves. Turning, they were surprised to see Eddak, "King Eddak, sir," one spoke up, "It's the Leadership.... some of the Generals and Admirals... they are in the conference room." Eddak pushed forward, "well move aside," Eddak ordered as he made his way towards the back of the room. It was unknown of how many of those Officers were in league with the Generals and Admirals that were causing tension, but thankfully it seemed at least one was. Eddak headed to the conference room and barged in, not minding the do not disturb sign.

"Why have I been hearing that somethings happening in my own military, without me even knowing about it?" Eddak demanded. The Generals and Admirals inside had been closely discussing a matter of importance, which it seemed Eddak was not needed for such an important discussion. "And why are my own military leaders conspiring, right under my nose - right in my god damn home?" Eddak removed his battle jacket and hung it up with the other military leaders jackets. He walked over to the table and pulled out a chair, but he didn't sit down. The room had gone quiet, while some just looked upset. "Well, speak up!"

The military leaders looked amongst themselves to see who would speak up. Not every military leader within GDI was present, those who were loyal to Eddak were not present at this meeting - they were out doing their duties. One of the older Generals looked over to Eddak and decided to speak up. While on this planet, in Castle Galderra, he was still subject to the law. And that law is that Eddak is King, so he was weary. "Ed... King Eddak," he continued, Eddak nodding, "I and the other military leaders have been discussing the future of GDI is... or the lack there of." Eddak lurched back, confused, "The lack there of? Excuse me? Explain." The General cleared his throat, attempting to grab a breath, but one of the Admirals spoke up for him. "GDI has no purpose, King Eddak. All we do is handle piracy and smugglers, but we barely leave our comfort zone of the planet, rarely you'll send us out among CSA space. But the Galderran Military can do everything we do. We feel-" The admiral was interrupted by the Admiral next to him, much older and more respected, "We feel, King Eddak, that GDI should either reach out to the stars, or be dismantled. And if it's dismantled, the Galderran Military won't have much need for all of us. So we have been discussing...." The Admiral looked down, then back up to Eddak. Eddak felt like this wasn't going to be short, so he slowly took the chair and sat down.

"What have you been discussing, Admiral," Eddak requested but in a demanding tone. "We've been discussing," the Admiral sort of choked up, but took a professional tone after, "proper leadership. Who would best lead GDI into the galaxy." The rest of the leaders felt like their jig was up, and Eddak had a surprised look on his face. They were going to denounce him as leader, and get involved in the galaxy. "Excuse me? Do you know why why we left the galaxy? The only reason why we're meddling at all in it other than our planet is because of how gracious the CSA have been to us. And now you're talking about getting rid of me, just as you put me on that throne. Does the work I've done mean nothing to you?" Eddak was appalled at his military leaders. Discussing petty politics rather than carrying out their missions. "Is this really what you all think is best?"

Originally, the older General spoke up once again. "Yes, King Eddak. All we have gotten is patrol duties, we're patrolling small sectors of CSA space when they can adequately do it themselves. We could go on a vacation for a week, and nothing would change. We've made up our minds, King Eddak. This conference... we were debating the next leader of GDI." Eddak shook his head, blatant conspiracy in his own ranks, and they weren't even bothering to hide it. He thought it was just the occasional off opinion a military leader had every now and then from what his loyal leaders had told him, when these kinds of talks were heard. "I can not believe, my very own people, would have the audacity to do this." Eddak slowly stood up as he pondered this. "But King, it's our way to think for ourselves and to lead ourse-" "stop," Eddak interrupted, "you... specifcally, and the rest of you, voted to have a Monarchy. You didn't want to deal with the galactic war looming over us. You said, you knew it would come for us one day. You said you wanted a strong leader to show the galaxy where we stood," he started walking slowly, around the table, "and now... the person you swore loyalty to, that you willingly gave control of Galderra and this planet to. You keep secrets from him, commit treason, now mutiny....And what, you thought I'd just let you take over the military?"

"King Eddak I-" "No!" He yelled, jabbing his chest with a finger, "I am King Eddak. You swore this power to me. I didn't ask for it. All I wanted to do is protect my people. As I've always done. As I've done for almost forty years!" The Military Leaders knew about Eddaks childhood, and this conversation reminded them. Just a boy.... Eddak had to take pick up a sword against Gamorreans that attacks his home. It could have been the mothers fault for not asking for guards, the fathers fault for moving them outside the walls, the mayors fault for not making more patrols. But it didn't matter. Eddak really had spent all his life protecting the people of Galderra, and this is how they repaid him.

The conference got quiet. Eddak was King. If he felt it was necessary, he could have them all hanged. But Eddak would never do that, would he? Well... he has hung mutineers in the passed, he has sentenced those who commit treason to volunteer work, and sometimes death. Eddak circled around back to his seat slowly, letting the mood sink in. He sighed, and sat back down in his chair. "But I only agreed to this position to help my people, not to control them, or put a collar around their neck." Some of the military leaders looked on with relief, yet some didn't think it was quite over just yet. "However, with that said, we can't just give everyone here control of an entire military. For me, I had my advisors, I had you, to help me make my decisions. Because you thought I would make the best decision. You would be making orders where ever the hell you pleased. No, you have to agree I just can't allow that." Everyone sat silently for a minute as they pondered the situation. Was Eddak really just going to let them do this? pull power from the King? An Admiral wanted to speak up with a proposition, but Eddak raised his hand, shaking his head. "No, it's too soon to figure these things out. But we can all agree that it should be the people that choose their leaders, right? ...Right?" Eddak asked, looking around the room as the military leaders agreed, nodding. "Until we decide on what or who governs GDI, let's just go with a provisional government. We will hold the elections publicly. And anyone may propose for a position," Eddak made that last part clear. Anyone, not only Galderran people would be allowed to be on the polls. This would ensure that there would be no internal corruption... or hopefully there wouldn't be.

The military leaders were not happy about that, some showing their frustrations. Well, Eddak wasn't happy with his own leaders deciding where his own military should go. So for the moment, the butting of heads had calmed, and they were even. "I'm sorry about this, King Eddak," the elder admiral towards the back of the room spoke up, "you know I knew your father." Eddak leaned back and crossed his arms. Some of the leaders started to bicker amongst themselves since Eddak made it clear he was finished, this discussion was finished, "I bet you think this is where he would have wanted Galderra to go, right? Fighting amongst themselves, not knowing where they should be, or where they should go." The Admiral shook his head, "no, he would have been proud about how you united us against our greatest enemy," he stood up. It was obvious we was close to retirement. He probably should have, but he stayed on awhile longer to train the others. "And what enemy would that be, Admiral?" Eddak asked, raising an eyebrow. "Ourselves," the admiral said bluntly, pulling his hat and putting it on. He walked passed Eddak who didn't seem very surprised by the answer, but it also wasn't happy about it. The bickering went on a little while longer, and Eddak spoke up, "Hey. Go on, get out of here. Get back to your duties, we all still have our responsibilities. We can't just forget about them," and that reminded Eddak himself of his duties. He stood up, taking a step out of the way of his chair and pushing it in under the table. The military leaders agreed, some shaking their heads, and leaving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom