Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Therapeutics | Julian

if they're watching anyways
your_name_0.png

hJJw3Ng.png

Julian Qar Julian Qar
Shortly after the end of the Third Imperial Civil War

The streets of Ravelin were quiet. Even at midday, it seemed like there was little need to get anything done today -- the previous night's revelries had gone even into the early morning, and most were still asleep. It'd taken Auteme a good half-hour to find a cafe that was open. She didn't mind, though; walking around Ravelin on such a beautiful day was nice. To see a battlefield calmed, a world returned to peace, gave her hope. The joy of the end of the war could wear off, but when she saw this place, she would find some good future.

Surely, there are good things in store with for the Alliance and New Imperials both, she thought.

"Yes, ah- Galidraani tea is fine," she said, and the barista got to work. Someone else entered the cafe while she moved over to the pickup area, but after a few curious glances she realized she recognized him. New Imperial uniform, cybernetics, a well-cut but graying beard...

"I'm sorry," she said, half-approaching, "you just look familiar to me, I'm sure I've seen you before at- Carlac, I think? Lord Halketh's big party."

bogdan-mb0sco-coffeeanim.gif

time machine activate: Shortly after the end of the Third Imperial Civil War
// a chance encounter : Auteme Auteme \\

julian_divider.png

The daily coffee run, a small affordance granted in an ever-changing frame. His body didn’t require much, not even the most basic of human needs like eating constantly or drinking. His organs were made of synthetic materials and metals, processing foods at a rapid rate but - coffee, whiskey, and spicy noodles were things he could not part with. It was the small things that made him feel alive, even a little more human.

His attention had been split, there - diagnostic eye primed in its slot, running through reports and the odd message here and there from the clinic. They had decided to stay put a night in Ravelin…despite its painful history. He bumped up close to the counter after a few other patrons had ordered their drinks. Unfortunately, the metallic physician stuck out like a sore thumb, nearly seven feet tall, and covered blackened titanium. Intimidating! Yea..right.

A small voice caught his attention, causing him to blink and search for the source.
"I'm sorry," she said, half-approaching, "you just look familiar to me, I'm sure I've seen you before at- Carlac, I think?"

“Oh, huh? Ohh! yep.” He smiled, speaking with an odd accent and deep rumble. “That’s where I wo-.” Cutting himself short, he turned his head to the side in thought, “Oh! I reckon I seen ya’ at the party we had a little bit ago. What a fucken shit show, hah.” He chuckled, extending a hand, “I’m Doc…err, Julian, doctor, Julian Qar. And you are?”

█ █ █

"I'm Auteme. Uh- Denko-Durren." She shook his hand. "Guess my privilege is showing if I'm invited to that sort of thing, ha. I'm, uh- not Imperial. I'm a Jedi, of the New Jedi Order.

"But, ah- what kind of doctor are you? Where'd you study?"

julian_divider.png

He'd lighten his grip to shake her hand, withdrawing to grab the two cups of coffee and do the awkward chatting with coffee in hand move. "It's nice ta meet'ya Auteme, an it ain't a bother that you're not Imperial...now I'm jus curious over why you were at that party." He smiled, shifting over to the side to set the drinks down on the counter. "Ya know, shit no ones really ever asked me that...they just trust me with their lives, an I hope for the best honestly." He chuckled some and pat the back of his mismatched head, "I studied with a small Corps out in Krieg, till my wife and I - uh..." He paused, the memories of his past coming up muddled, skipping right to the next question, "I'm a physician and cybernetics doc. If i'm not out there chasin' injuries I'm workin' the hospital in Carlac."

He snatched up his cup of coffee and took a sip, looking her square in the eyes he asked the most serious of questions. "Can Jedi be doctors? I reckon with the force y'all are mighty powerful...." No one would be the wiser if he was serious or not...

█ █ █

"Um- yeah, I mean, we can study at a university, just like anyone else," she said. "I did an, uh, accelerated pre-med and biology program at the University of Coruscant." It seemed like the Jedi mythos still ran strong in some places. Force mysticism, all that, even among those who had surely fought alongside them.

"But the Force -- you're right. I'm a healer, too, though that isn't often the same thing as a doctor. Your medical knowledge is probably a lot better than mine. But yes, wibbly-wobbly-space-magic can definitely save lives."

She picked up her tea from the counter, then glanced at him. "Are you, ah, picking up for- your wife?" She stuck a finger out at the two cups of coffee he was holding.

julian_divider.png

The doctor shifted his stance some, adjusting the weight over his augmented limbs from one to the other. "Yeaa! See thas real similar to when I enlisted. Medics do a quick lil' pre-med course, biology, anatomy...uhh. They teach ya all the basics, then they throw ya out there!" He shrugged his shoulder some, still smiling. "I continued my trainin' and some how I ended up bein' a lead physician over on Carlac." He pointed at her while he spoke, "Sorry, I'm jus yappin' away. What's it like healin? Ya ever force healed a cyborg b-- wait, can ya heal a cyborg?" He pointed at himself, still juggling the two drinks, "No I gotta ask if ya prefer it over doin' the medical stuff...I reckon your rotations at the university were different from mine."

Patrons continued their dance around the pair, he acknowledge them for a moment, moving the conversation over to one side to get out of the way. It was odd for him, to speak to someone other than his crew, and even stranger that someone seemed to delve into medicine just as he did. Julain perked up however the moment she had mentioned his wife.

"Oh!" He nudged his head down at the two drinks, nodding briefly before taking another sip. "Mhmm, 'tween you an I, reckon she won't be tooo interested in coffee this mornin'. She stayed back at the hotel, still sleepin'" He made light of the situation, the night before had taken it's toll, not something he'd get into with a stranger. "She was at the party in Carlac too. Major Noel Strasza, ya probably heard of'er..she's a pretty big deal hah," The way he spoke of her then, face lighting up and tone shifting - it was apparent, he was smitten.

█ █ █

"Oh, yeah, I think I've heard of her," she said. Admittedly she was only half-remembering a distant name and face, but it wasn't that important to her in the moment.

"Well, I don't want to hold you up if you've got a delivery to make -- I'm sure she'll love it," she encouraged him. "But if you're ever on Coruscant, look me up, I'll probably be around the Temple or Senate or something. And, uh, we can take a look at figuring out the cybernetics situation, if that's something you want to change."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom