Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Theowei

Status
Not open for further replies.
peterelf.jpg

Source: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-tUgT44Hwxaw/UlCjh9Lr4vI/AAAAAAAAAb4/vRncvPUxMEQ/s1600/peterelf.jpg

Name: Theowei
Designation: Sentient
Homeworld: Retalik
Language: Basic, theowei
Average height of adults: 1.60 meters
Skin color: Varying shades of tan, brown, and white, with a greenish tint from the use of Photosynthsis.
Hair color: Black, brown, silver and green
Breathes: Type 1
Strengths:
+ Vision: Theowei have greatly enhanced vision. This helps them see better in darkness, and they can see great distances. While they can take in great amounts of light, they do have their limits. When in the dark, Like most humans, their pupils dilate, but with a sudden change from darkness to light, their eyes give off a eerie green reflection of light while their eyes adjust to the light change.
+ Force affinity: Theowei have an enhanced connection to the force. A majority of the population is attuned to the neutral aspect of the force, though some, like those who initiated the deadly war between them, find themselves afflicted by darkness. Their connection to the force also helps them sense the life around them. Though they may not always pick everything up with their sight, they can sense and identify all forms of life within a five meter radius. This includes everything and anything that is connected to Retalik and the force itself. However, this is restricted in the case that they cannot sense those not giving off a force signature. They cannot sense droids at all, but can sense the actual life force of a creature if it is close enough, Though they cannot sense creatures that are dead to the force.
+ Physically enhanced: Theowei have increased speed and agility. Because of their genetic enhancements, they can easily outrun their biological predecessors, even if they are vulnerable to running out of breath sooner or later. As far as agility, they have about the same as theowen. This allows them to be very good at sports, martial arts that rely on speed and throws, or even light bladed combat. But going toe to toe with a species that is larger and more physically stronger would be a challenge for them with much higher strengths.
Weaknesses:
- Darkness: Since they rely on the sun so much, for food and nutrients, extended time periods in complete darkness can be harmful to their health. The exact time for effects to begin are unknown, but can happen anywhere from 8-10 hours.
- Vision: With enhanced vision in the dark, large and sudden flashes of light can injure them more than what humans could take from a flash bang grenade. While most humans would be stunned from such a blast from a few seconds to a few minutes, The Theowei would be stunned and have effects for a few minutes to even an hour afterwords of having flashes of lights floating in their vision.
- Fragility - Skin: Theowei may look similar to humans, but their skin is significantly less resistant to wounds. It doesn't take much to break their skin, since it is so thin in response to their taking in of sunlight for nourishment. Their skin is fragile enough so that it can be easily scratched or bruised from light hits. When they get cut, the skin around the wound will turn a darker shade of their skintone than usual until it heals.
- Fragile Bones: Much the same with the skin, their lack of protein in their normal diet that consists of veggies and photosynthesis, causes their bones and structure of them to be rather small compared to that of a Human or other near human species.
Distinctions: Slanted features, golden and silver eyes, green blood, slight green tint from photosynthesis pointy ears, Frail looking body form. Tribal tattooes on some.
Average Lifespan: 100-130 standard years
Races: None
Diet: Vegetation, Photosynthesis
Communication: Speech
Culture: Theowei have a culture not unlike early humans. Through war and strife, they have created a monarchy system, governed by a king and queen that are chosen every ten years. The two monarchs are guided by a council of twelve, which are elected every twenty years. The king and queen, the council, and select warriors called hëmdael hold ancient tools created by their ancestors called tëlgåir. The hëmdael are held in the highest esteem, and protect the peace of the city Crovhana. Each cycle of hëmdael must choose an apprentice to take their place in the future. Like their blood ancestors the theowen, they too believe that the weethraks are gods, and would protect the massive beasts with their life. Though they know and understand basic, theowei mostly speak in their native tongue of the same name. The language sounds archaic and smooth, and is hard for most to master. With the different vowel combinations within the language and the pushing and acents in the language, its more confusing than English.
Technology level: Limited. As far as technology goes, theowei are in the literal Bronze Age. Wearing straight up plate armor, swords, arrows, and the like.
General behavior: Theowei are generally peaceful, or at least they are now. After the war that left Lagnok in ruins, they try to stay at peace with each other as best as possible. There are often retaliations among some, that's where the hëmdael step in to solve whatever problem there may be.
History: Theowei are a higher evolution of the theowen. Since their evolution, they have struggled constantly to live a peaceful lifestyle. After the twenty-two year war, they put in place a council to guide them. Since the council alone soon proved inadequate, they also set up a system to vote for a king and queen alongside the council. One of king Faegor's first acts is to create a group of peacekeepers called hëmdael. These would be the primary source of protection for all life on the planet.
Notable Player-Characters: None
Intent: To create a Sentient species to roam Retalik.

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
[member="Gherron Vael"]
Greetings, I will be your factory judge for the evening,

Same thing as before, put height into meters, 5'3" equals 1.60 meters, and change Oxygen to Type 1.

In Language section, could you please tell me more about their language, the Theowei? Perhaps compare it to one of the Earth languages, show examples of some of their words and meanings behind them, add more RP fluff and flavor to it.

In Strengths section,
Please elaborate on the strength of their vision. Are they able to pick up details in the forest like small movements and etc.? Would they be able to spot a Theowen among the trees even with their camouflage? Are they capable of seeing on greater distances than a normal human would? Tell me.

In the Force Affinity, tell me if they have any special strengths in specific area of the Force? Do they have affinity towards the Dark Side? The Light Side? Are they able to manifest Force in elemental powers like the Shapers of Kro Var or the Eldorai? Or are they just general force users but greater percent of them are born force-sensitive than it would among humans.

As with Theowen, please elaborate on just how quick and agile they are, specify some acrobatic maneuvers they are capable of, like climbing trees or jumping from tree to tree, tell me just how fast they can runs, etc.

In Weaknesses,
Tell me why exactly is darkness harmful to them? Do they rely on photosynthesis for sustenance and need presence of light? Just how long it would be before the Theowei would start to be harmed by the lack of sunlight? Five hours? A day? Week? Tell me, elaborate, and be specific.

In Fragility, tell me if their bones are more fragile than those of humans as well, and specify why their skin would be easier to damage. Is it because it's thinner and more sensitive due to the fact they need to absorb sunlight to survive? Elaborate on it, and specify whether their skin is just as fragile to physical damage, like bullets or swords, as it is to energy damage, like blasters or lightsabers.

Tag me in once you're done making the edits.

HK-36

[member="Gherron Vael"]

Alright, Languages checks out, but if you want to add some more stuff about it, feel free to.

In Vision, tell me if their ability to see in the dark affects the appearance of their eyes. Would they look differently than eyes of a human, except for just being golden or silver, would they reflect the light and shine in the dark like the eyes of a cat or fox or other animals with ability to see in the dark, and tell me if it makes them more sensitive to light-based attacks, like sudden flashes of lights or flash-bangs that could be used to potentially stun or blind them.

In Force Affinity, tell me how would their sense of living beings against smaller creatures like living molds, oozes, slimes, or masses of insects, I'm basically asking if a creature is small enough would they be able to get past Theowei and if not, does it make them a bit paranoid about all the bacteria and molds they can sense about themselves? I think it would be pretty neat, actually :p their Force-Users would have natural affinity towards sensing living beings but in turn they would develop mysophobia (Fear of microorganisms) because they would just be able to sense the bacteria and etc. crawling over them and just feel the need to scrub themselves every few hours. But that's entirely up to you :p
Also, tell me how their sense works on the droids and cyborgs, and individuals who are dead in the Force, like the Vong or Vong-shaped who cannot be touched by the Force.

In Strengths and Diet section, if the Theowei are partially plants, please put something down about their photosynthetic abilities, as they are able to use the sun for sustenance, also, for skin color, I would like to see something about them always having at least faint green coloration when their skin is white, that's to show the presence of chlorophyll in their body, since that's necessary for photosynthesis. Or, if it's all in their hair, then at least presence of green highlights when their hair are not fully green.
Just something about green or brown being always about them :p

Also, please elaborate on Fragility as I asked before,

HK-36 said:
In Fragility, tell me if their bones are more fragile than those of humans as well, and specify why their skin would be easier to damage. Is it because it's thinner and more sensitive due to the fact they need to absorb sunlight to survive? Elaborate on it, and specify whether their skin is just as fragile to physical damage, like bullets or swords, as it is to energy damage, like blasters or lightsabers.
Tag me in once the edits are done

Edited. Two question though, if I may. First, where would I put the info on their photosynthesis? I'm assuming diet? And also, would you mind if I changed this to a PC race? I'm starting to like the idea of these more and more. [member="HK-36"]

HK-36

[member="Gherron Vael"]

Yeah, put it in the photosynthesis section, thanks, and it's cool if you want to change it to PC race in the intent section.

In Vision, just specify that their limits of light overload are lower than those of an average human.

I consulted with other judges about the whole sensing Force-Dead beings by picking up on their life energies, I would like you to remove that part and specify that like droids, they cannot be sensed. While the Vong do have Life-Energies about them, since they're alive, you cannot sense them with a Force-based ability, as they are dead in the Force, you can sense a void when they are nearby, but that would be pretty much like sensing a droid.
Also, specify if

Gherron Vael said:
they can sense and identify all forms of life within a five meter radius.
Refers to microorganisms, like bacteria or midichlorians, as well

Fragility section looks great, just mention something about their bones, whether or not they are more fragile than those of a human, less, or the same. Just a sentence about their bones, all I'm asking :p

Tag me in once the edits are done

HK-36

[member="Gherron Vael"]
It's been over a week since you have PM'ed me about this submission, is this still an active submission?

After another week of inactivity since this post, this thread will be archived due to inactivity.

[member="HK-36"], Due to [member="Gherron Vael"], having computer problems, he had taken an LOA from the site. I will be working on this species in his stead.

I believe I have done all the edits that have been asked. I cleaned up the sub somewhat, as well as added some things in. Edits and changes are made in Violet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom