Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Them Hermits.

Solan's eyes cut through the fog of this planet, dagobah. Looking for a certain legend he had heard about with a bit of curiosity into who it was that these little traveler tales talked about that he had heard a few days prior. It was a bit of an easy trip to make to the planet, the landing having been the hard part and he would not be surprised how often crashes happened if they did come to check out this myth on their own.

Yet Solan had landed in safety and his walking had brought him closer and closer to the feeling of someone else out in this swamp. He hoped that he had gotten pretty good at discerning which was which when it came to animal and otherwise and this time he was sure of it as his body pushed through the swamp and soon found himself looking on at a mud hut not thirty meters away. "Well. bingo." His body continued forward, who was this hermit he had heard so much about.

[member="Kiara"]

(Or i remember we had an old thread we never got off the ground and can just use the starter from thaat.)

There was a strange presence in the swampy world of Dagobah. No, not sensed from the Force, but rather sensed from the giant sound of a ship landing, squishing in the thick mud and settling down. It rose the hermit from her work, and whatever that was deemed suddenly not important to her sources. After a single stretch out of an arm to grab a staff, she carefully pulled herself up and onto it and closed her eyes.
She was becoming far too lazy with the hiding bit. She needed to work on that. People just came back and forth, making trails up to her house for every which person to visit and advertise from. Letting out a grumpy sigh, she slid the wooden door open a tad and peered out into the thick woods, waiting with soft anger building inside of her nimble form.
[member="Solan Charr"]

[member="Kiara"]

Solan blinked as his hand was raised to knock on the now opened door, staring right down at the woman in front of him. "Uh... Hey there." He blinked again and smiled a bit at her while he stood there.

Solan himself was dressed lightly, a flight suit being really the only thing that he had brought with him, minus the two sabers that swung at his side. His hair was short as always, dark brown in color and kept out of his face. Slim glasses rested on his nose and left his blue eyes peering through them at her. His entire stance was relaxed and as he stood there he didn't really seem to have any words to say past what he had already said.

In short, she had caught him off guard, and he was absolutely sure he had caught her off guard.

Silence was all Kiara could think of when her eyes laid upon what she could only imagine was a crash lander. Terrible, everything was wrong about him. His body, his face, his smell. Despite wearing years old robes and holding onto a slowly rusting pipe, she judged him silently. After a few moments of the silence, she spoke up.
"Get out of my swamp." She said simply, with a touch of irritation in her voice. "You're not wanted here."
[member="Solan Charr"]

[member="Kiara"]

"Pretty sure you can't own a swamp my exquisitely pretty hermit, but if you insist." He smiled as he shot back and up within a simple jump, using the force to let his body be carried a good five meters from her before landing on the root of an overgrown tree. "Now, i must say, i had truly expected to find out about you without causing you irritation so you must forgive me. It was not my intent." He spoke truthfully enough, in all honesty he had more so come because he had heard of old stories of the paragon of the Jedi living like this a millenia ago. And what more was the old stories of a certain cave that Jedi had lived near. Even now his eyes looked over the groun before him in slight disappointment.

"So, do i get to know your name? Im Solan."

Hmmph. Another person coming about to hear of the legends. Kiara simply grunted and adjusted her dirtied robe lightly as she thought up something to say. Well, if he really wanted to learn about her, she did have some chores that needed attending. Perhaps she could continue to be lazy after all, and her aging could continue at it's slow pace.
"Everything comes with a price this day and age," her gruff voice sounded from the still loosely put together wooden doorway. "If you really want to know the truth of all those petty little stories you've heard from your drunk friends and comrades, you'll have to give me something in return."
[member="Solan Charr"]

[member="Kiara"]

"You see, I would suggest a kiss but I've got the odd feeling that it would benefit me more in this situation considering your appearance." He was still Solan and as things went, he was always going to be like this when it came to people he met but didn't truly worry about. Flirting was a distraction, not for him but them. He only stopped when he started to care about the person as more than just some faceless passerby which was all the hermit was to him in that second.

"Anyways, I'm actually looking for a cave here on Dagobah. I'm sure you have some wonderful stories about yourself but unless you are the midget dead jedi master from a millennia ago... well there seems to not be much that either of us can help eachother with. Is there?" He grinned at her, more than ready to get hit across the head with her pipe-staff for his words as he finally felt free to be relaxed and not have to worry about keeping up appearances now that he was away from the galaxy's more sociable population.

Kiara loosely adjusted herself on her staff and leaned forward a tad, almost like she was hunching over to look at the strange man a tad better. "I guess you won't know, hmm?" She finished in a more elderly, Yoda-y voice. She had been living in the mess of the worlds long enough to know when someone was just trying to pass along. Even if they were annoying. She built a resistance to that a while ago.
Still, this man was looking for her special cave. The cave she failed to protect several times, and at years, even forgot it was there. Terrible housekeeping. "Whatever you're looking for, I won't help you. The only things you can get from me is complaints and chores for stories."
[member="Solan Charr"]

[member="Kiara"]

"Now now, don't discredit yourself. I'm sure you can be as warm and cozy as a fireplace if you tried Beautiful. Otherwise, who wouldn't share their stories about you that you had thought I came to hear for myself?" He smiled at her as he leaned against the trunk of the tree with his eyes returning to her. "Now, seeing as I have no leads, maybe one of your stories can help me. What chores do you need to be done?"

He wasn't completely sure about this one. She seemed... well strange but still agreeable enough to talk to without much problem. Sure there was a slight worry as to if she might still be hiding some danger he didn't know about but as far as he could tell she was a simple hermit. Granted simple was a understatement when it came to any hermit, especially a certain one that kicked his ass the last time he met her. But still, he was sure this one was not like the last one.

Tedious amounts of work had to be done to the surrounding area, that much was obvious for someone who was trying to hide. The usual mud that laid out before her house was trampled down with foot and shoe prints. The bushes were cleared, and in need of positioning. Not to mention the several cameras that hung about the kilometer area, in need of both repair and slight cleaning. The hermit pondered quietly, then pointed at the ground to her feet. "I'll give you a story that may help you, given you can make this bit of walking area look natural again." She spoke in a more moderate tone.
Her body turned with a soft whip of her robes flying out behind her. Without another word, she walked back into the worn down dirt hut and surrounded herself with the many glorious pieces of mechanical parts. Some done, some waiting, and some just plain worn out, ready to be molded into something new. It was a hermit's work.
[member="Solan Charr"]

[member="Kiara"]

"Regrow some plants? You really should not expect this to take too long when it comes to me. What are we looking for though if i might ask? Little bit of coverage or full on looks like it hasn't been walked through in years?" He smiled as he cracked his hands and moved to get where she needed the growing. For him Plantsurge was a second nature of a power. He was in no way a complete master of the technique, nor was he to the point of being able to create his own usage methods like he could with Pyrokinesis. Yet he was still very proficient with the power that he called on time after time.

No matter the answer though, his knees would bend and he would place his hands on the ground. Around him the air would shift and the threads of the force were taken in hand by his own aura, diverting their power into his current task. He had learned how to grab ahold of the force as well as to summon it up from inside himself for his use, it was something an old friend had taught him. Sure he was not as good as her at doing it, but hey anything was worth learning if it helped one in terms of efficiency.

Kiara turned her head lazily to look at the ground, feeling the obvious Force powers move across the nature of the swamp that she claimed home to. Sure, she could figure out a way to do all of the chores herself, but that would leave her to have no interaction with anyone. No matter how much she claimed to hate it, a little civilization was always nice. Even if that meant having someone fix your landscaping for it.
"Make it seem as if no one's been here for years." She commented simply before taking a small arm with her to the dirt, warm bed with a fire roasting under it. There she returned to her work and quietly waited.
[member="Solan Charr"]

[member="Kiara"]

And so as he heard the words he got to work. For a second his entire body shook and spasmed, the force moving through him and into the ground as he worked to weave it into the soil like veins in a body. It brought with it life and food for the growth of the plants still there and yet it remained a slow process even if sped up by the force.

The first thing that came was feeding the plants and fixing their damaged cells. This was far easier than on a human which he had experience with through his training in force healing, but in no way was about to say it was easy. It was like tearing bits of your own life force off and distributing it to a million different places, careful not to cause yourself to pass out while also controlling the growth of millions of plant cells at a time. Hell if Kiara watched, his entire body would spasm nearly every second, and yet his hands remained where they were, and his face showed no pain.

Soon he would need to move into the far more taxing part of the process though.

The hermit didn't really seem to care what pain or messes the man was putting himself through. She just kept working on her robotic arm. Without the Force, without many tools, and seemed to be doing just fine. If it weren't for her strong signature in the first place, it could be quite a wonder if she really could keep up with all of the claims made in those legends.
Creatures of Dagobah seemed to stay away as the man worked. For some reason, it was almost like they were afraid of him. Afraid of the massive change that was happening to their dear home.
[member="Solan Charr"]

[member="Kiara"]

Soon that change would... well return to normal. Solan's use of the force only was temporary and as he tied the force back into the plants themselves it tore away his connection to the strands that connected the lives around him together. That was what sent his entire body into termporary shutdown as he shook for a full three seconds and then brought his body back under control. The entire reason for doing it in this way was for the express reason of returning the landscape and the feel through the force back to normal instead of permanently altering it to the point where there was no return for those living beings around him.

Once that was done though he simply fell back and laid on the ground for a few moments, letting his muscles and body return to their normal state while he spoke. "There you go, back to the way it was before. To anyone it would look like its been this way for years."

The familiar sound of creatures finding their homes again, finding prey to eat, and running away from their own predators filled loudly, as it usually did. Kiara lazily grabbed her staff and yanked herself up, walking outside to look past the bush of the scenery. Eh. Her eyes trailed down to the man on the ground, then grunted and went back inside.
"Well alright, you did a good enough job. What story do you want?"
[member="Solan Charr"]

[member="Kiara"]

He laughed as she grunted and went inside. "Oh just admit it, it looks great." He grinned as he craned his neck to watch her walk back inside. He himself wasn't ready to move but for a moment he thought about it and then spoke. "How about you tell me how you got here. A good place to start is always the beginning." He smiled and closed his eyes as he waited for her story to start. It was always enjoyable for him to hear about others, there was just something about it. It was like he had the chance to live another life through the eyes of someone else, and that excited him to know there is always more paths than his own.

"Dive right into hermit's most tangled memory huh? You sure know how to woo a lady." With a gentle grunt following that, sitting down on whatever she could call a place to rest - this instant, it was the lap of a sitting droid with stuck up joints - she took a deep breath and thought back. "Well, I could tell you all about it, but being me and being alone all these years, I developed a different way to show stories. Do you mind?" She asked, opening out her arms as if to give him a present of sorts.
She needed him to clear his mind. It would be easier, then.
[member="Solan Charr"]

[member="Kiara"]

He had seen the trick enough to understand what she was doing, none the less it was Solan after all and the one thing above all that he was, was a flirt and a joker. "You know Little Red, if you want to move that fast i must say im honored." He grinned but his head nodded as his own mind started to clear almost immediately.

His body relaxed and his eyes closed after the joke. His smile would fade soon enough as the entire world vanished from around him until the only two force signatures that he had to worry about was his own and hers. Once that was done he drew his eyes open once more and nodded to her for her to begin. He was ready to see this little memory of hers and ready to see just how things ad come to her. It was a curiosity of his in the first place as to what she had been doing on the planet, but he figured there was more to it than simply landing here and deciding to become a hermit for the rest of her life.

There was a long minute passing where the ever longing thoughts cleared from the hermit's mind. All of her calculations, slowly disappearing, all of her continuing stories, tucked away. Soon it was just her, the man, and her constant guard keeping strong anywhere near her hut. A few more moments passed, when out of no where it seemed the man was in her boots.
Yes, he was wearing black boots, and tangled dirtied red hair laid in an emotional side flip over one eye. In front of him laid a few crew members of some type of gang. He could move in this simulation, but words and forced actions made themselves too heavy to avoid. It was clear, after just a look, that she wore a large dangling blue pendant with ancient writing surrounding the rust that held it. Her outfit was something tight grasping, showing most of her toned body proudly. A few scars and all around the arms and waist area, where it was uncovered. "Blue," One of the members called as a sack of credits flew in the air, caught quickly by the gloved hand.
Kiara felt it once, then her head forced its way to look at the group with a painful upset glare resting on the few. "This isn't even enough for a full tank." She explained her frustration. Of the buffer of the few, they came forth with arms crossed. Kiara didn't bulge her form. "It's your cut." "My cut isn't enough." She argued again. A sudden red spot of pain fell over her cheek, then a blinding white blow to her stomach. Kiara grunted as she fell forward lightly in her seated position, only to be bashed again on the side. She fell over, keeping a grip on her small bag of credits. "Got it?" Sneered the leader of sorts in the operations. Kiara kept quiet, then forced herself to sit up. The pain was quickly targeted into a white spot in the few areas. At least she knew where it was. At least Solan could feel the pain.
The setting passed without so much more than a grey smokey transmission like the wing of a dragon, powerful and painful stroke of existence. Kiara was dressed in a new outfit, this time a full combat suit from something around twenty years ago. In her hand laid a pair of blue, green, and red blooded throwing stars. She stared forward with her one clear eye, staring at the four bodies with several cuts in their faces. She killed them in her sleep. A new sound interrupted the confusion that was her emotions, and before she could turn, she felt her body scoot forward as a bolt layered armor. She flipped around. Within an instant, the helmet targeted the man. One of the new crew members, fresh off the street with rags and a pair of sandals.
Kiara walked forward as bolt after bolt flew by or hit her in the most armored places. Soon she stood before the trembling boy, just his height thanks to the suit. She kicked the gun out of his hand as if it were nothing, then slid off her glove and forced it against his chest. There was a feeling of draining coming from her body, forcing itself into a painful energy fueling the boy. Once she was finished, she withdrew her hand and pulled off her helmet, staring at the boy frozen before her.
Kiara's lips moved slowly so the stranger could hear every word she spoke. "You are to tell everyone I killed these men. If you don't, I'll kill you." Her voice was young and firm, but just in that moment the vision cleared, and Kiara started to fiddle with her mechanics again, back in the hut. "There ya go, the beginning."
[member="Solan Charr"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom