Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Theed is Full of Surprises

Placeholder 0123

P
Graxin gave the girl something akin to a knowing grin. It wasn't exactly smug, but it was rather clear that he had an idea that she was inexperienced in that field. That was okay. She was young, and a lack of training in a particular specialty was nothing to be ashamed of.

"Telekinesis is a standard skill, but it's okay to have something a bit underdeveloped. No one has time to learn everything." The Jedi began. Given that her earlier approach was to show him just what she could do, he deduced that there was little to nothing for her to show in this field. He was rolling with that thought. "I can teach you, if that is what you want. It's one of my specialties. That, and healing physical wounds."

Graxin nodded as if that were some way of assuring his words, and held out his right hand. The robe finally parted enough for the digits to be shown in full. The hand was gnarled and scarred heavily. The skin, once a fair olive shade, was flaky and charcoal. Scars formed from deep slashes were carved into his palm in a manic pattern. The fingers trembled, but the ruined hand seemed to hold its own strength, as if it were whole like any other.

His eyes closed, and the pack he had put together in the other room slowly lifted half a meter above the floor. The airborne backpack floated gently through the doorway, like this was completely natural for the inanimate object. It stopped a foot or so away from [member="Elora"] , and settled down to the ground.

Graxin smiled. "Do you want my help with that sort of thing, Miss Elora?"

Another child might have stared wide eyed at that thing. Elora, however, seemed to be seething with rage instead. Her eyes narrowed, the sharp green focused on [member="Graxin Rade"] . His little display had been sweet, but she had seen such things before.

"How dare you patronize me in such a way?!" she almost yelled, "I am not underdeveloped, and neither is anything of mine!"

Turning around to the package, her leg lashed out, giving it a good kick, "and you are never to call me Miss ever again. My name is Elora."

However, it seemed that the kick permitted the anger to evaporate, and now she appeared calmer, back to her previous, calculating self. Ignoring the Jedi, she focused on the package.

And focused. And focused. And focused. And focused.

Alas, it did not lift from the floor.

"How am I supposed to do this?"

Placeholder 0123

P
Someone needs a nap.

Graxin held back the urge to chuckle at her little display. It was far more difficult than it should have been. [member="Elora"] was reminding him of the spoiled daughters of Imperial Nobles he had seen on Mytus years ago. He and his Graug playmates had terrorized them with sparks of force lightning for fun then.

Now, he had no idea how to deal with a child of the same nature. "You can't do it yet. You aren't developed in the field. That's the technical term, Elora." Graxin stated with the calm, patient voice of a parent chiding a child.

He motioned toward the bag once more. "I assume with telekinesis you visualize what you're doing. Its the same with telekinesis. You see the outline of the object in your mind. You feel its weight and size." He lifted the bag a foot or so off the ground once more. "The force runs through it like everything else, and as we've both said, the force can be manipulated. All you need to do, is focus completely on the bag, push all other distractions out of your mind, and will it to move however you tell it to."

Her upper lip turned up into a vicious snarl.This was supposed to be child's play. Simply moving the bag. Why did she need to visualize anything? When it came to telepathy, it was simple opening up a link, sending what she wanted through, and not even needing to bother with closing it again.

This telekinesis thing was... Different. And at her present state, she knew she could not follow [member="Graxin Rade"] 's instructions while pretending not to.

Swallowing just a little of her pride, Elora closed her eyes and did what she was supposed to. She envisioned the ugly package in her mind. Getting a feel for its girth was no trouble at all, but the weight? Heavy was all that came to mind, seeing she had not received proper instruction in the basics of math and physics.

But perhaps... Perhaps it would be enough.

When her eyes opened again, the package was levitating. Not much - just a few inches off the ground. But this was progress.

Grinning, she repeated her steps with open eyes, willing the package to lift higher. But it didn't.

The scowl returned to her face almost instantly and she gave it another kick, sending it flying a foot or two away.

Placeholder 0123

P
Graxin viewed his....student? Guest? Something of the sort, he just had to decide what. Either way, he viewed her progress with a hint of satisfaction. It was nowhere near perfect or applicable in almost any situation, but it was a start.
"Don't let yourself get frustrated. You had it there." Graxin murmured. He motioned toward the package, and moved it back to its previous position. "You're just starting. Moving it at all is an accomplishment on its own. You will it to move, and it does, because the force allows it. Trying to make it move will end in failure."

He huffed a quiet sound of amusement, and folded his arms over his chest. His amber gaze flickered between the bag, and Elora. "Do as you did before, but instead of moving it further, hold it there. You need to gather a feel for it before you try to send it flying."

[member="Elora"]

"You're doing that patronizing thing again," Elora almost barked at [member="Graxin Rade"] , "if you don't stop, I'll kick you in the shins."

Turning her attention back to the package, she groaned. This was.. Not as easy as she thought it would be. She was a child of the Force, and such things ought to be child's play to her. Her struggle was meant to come in the more serious matters, the complicated ones. Not... Not this.

Closing her eyes again, Elora sighed and drew a deep breath. She had to levitate the object again. Failure was not an option. Whatever she had, she gave to the stupid luggage, picking it off the floor, though not without great effort.

Tiny beads of sweat decorated her forehead as she focused, trying to get it just right.

He'd said, after all, send it flying.

With a small grunt, Elora used the Force to fliung the luggage straight at [member="Graxin Rade"] 's chest.

Placeholder 0123

P
I'm not patroniz--

The bag hit him straight in the chest. Graxin went tumbling onto his back with a loud grunt. The bag fell to the left of him, and his eyes stared up at the ceiling, puzzled. It took him a long moment to figure out just what had happened, and when it did, he snorted an amused chuckle.

"Fancy. Looks like you have some aptitude for it." The Jedi lifted himself up onto his haunches, and looked at the girl. "Which means we won't have to tease this. That should have been difficult--the more you do things like that, the more naturally it will come to you."

He lifted himself up to his feet, and scooped up the bag with one hand. His gaze drifted toward the door, and his lips pursed as he tried to find the right words. "Ossus is going to like you, [member="Elora"] ."

The more she'd do it, the easier it would become. Elora nodded, her green eyes already scanning the room, looking for objects that would be easy and comfortable to fling at [member="Graxin Rade"] . The couch, the table, a bunch of random lying objects. There would be sufficient things to practice with.

But then the subject changed, and he was talking about Ossus. "When do we leave?" she asked.

Placeholder 0123

P
Graxin did not answer immediately. He drew in a deep breath, and knit his brow in apparent concentration; gaze locked on the adjacent wall. When would be the appropriate time now that he had a mission directly from the High Council?

"Tomorrow. We'll go, you show the Council your talents, try not to make any of them cry, and we'll see what happens." He began. "I don't believe the Councilors like me very much....but they won't refuse an audience to you when we arrive. I can guarantee that much."

He scooped up the bag that had previously been used as a weapon, and sifted through the contents. Everything was where it should be. "You alright with that, [member="Elora"]?"

"Not like you very much? How shocking!" Elora replied with a smirk.

But, the plan had been laid out. They would travel the following day to Ossus, and she would meet with the Council. Why exactly, she wasn't quite certain anymore. Would this truly be the way to go about it?

The child shook the thoughts out of her head. There would be plenty of time to deal with the Jedi when the time came.

"I shall sleep in the bedroom. Awaken me an hour before we leave," she commanded, and without waiting for [member="Graxin Rade"] 's reply, turned on her heel and headed there. A bed would be... Most comfortable indeed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom