Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species The Zerek Strain

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Name: The Zerek Strain

• Strengths: Can excrete Sith Poison. Cannot be differentiated from other bacteria save by advanced medical science or a skilled healer or alchemist. After 24 hours, only a skilled healer or alchemist can remove the poison. Designed for maximum effectiveness against humanoids, but can infect all carbon-based life-forms larger than bacteria, including flora.
  • Weaknesses: Infection can be treated by a heavy antibiotic regimen within the first 24 hours. Sith poison effects are not significant until near the end of the incubation period.

• Distinctions: Can excrete Sith Poison.
  • Average Lifespan: N/A
  • Races: As with all biological weapons, mutation is frequent.
  • Diet: N/A
  • Communication: Communicable by fluids or contact with eyes, nose, mouth, wounds or burned tissue, eight hours after the host is first infected. Not communicable by air unless vaporized. Due to a short lifespan outside of an organic host or storage medium, transmission is generally person-to-person. For example, mass distribution via water supply would be a less viable means of transmission.

• Culture: Bacterial.

• Technology level: N/A. Occasionally deployed in standard chemical-dispersal grenade shells as a pale, bitter mist.

• General behavior: Symptoms within the first 24 hours are flu-like. After the incubation period concludes, the following symptoms are generally experienced: Overpowering rage, significant pain, inhibited health, significant difficulty focusing on the Light Side of the Force. Cognitive impairment or death may result.

• History: The alchemist Rave Merrill, working under the direction of the bioweapons expert known as @[member="The Plague Doctor"], saw the potential of combining her alchemy with the Lords of the Fringe bioweapons program. Various strains were tested on captive Gorax and Yuzzem, and then field-tested on Blazing Chain pirates at Taloraan. The resulting strain is capable of infecting a target with Sith poison, nearly always producing a turn to the Dark Side.

• Notable Player-Characters: Good luck with that.
  • Intent: A biological weapon for story purposes. Safeguards have been worked into the submission to prevent, for example, mass application to a planet. Permanent (ie, post-24h) infection requires permission of the subject's writer.

@[member="Rave Merrill"] Can you work in some language on how it needs an open wound to get into? Bacteria just touching your skin has a hard enough time causing an infection, it works best on cuts or vulnerable surfaces on the body. Say the mouth, eyes, inhalation. I could even see this being drank.

Also, write in that this must be used with the players permission and you should be golden.

Just because I'm a nerd, can you write something in there for it working on multiple species? As it is, humans have their own means of defending against infection from foreign bodies. I don't care if it's hand-wavium, but an explanation would please me. I'm not going to get you to go in depth on it's reproduction rate, as no one in their right mind would use that in an RP. The hours work enough for me.

Do that and it's approved @[member="Rave Merrill"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom