Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The World the Galaxy Forgot

ba43acf45964a2152d27626e802cb7fb--moba-scifi.jpg

It was far too quiet in the bar today. Aeshi lounged behind the bar, belted to her hips, and poured another glass of her whiskey. She studied, gauging the color. It was a bit on the clear side. She took a sip, eyeing the one patron slumped over the bar in her cantina. He was an old spacer, smuggler she guessed, or down on his luck freight hauler. Not too many who had it good washed up to her outpost. it was the back-end of the Hydian Way, after all. The whiskey rolled around in her mouth. It still needed something. Her hands drifted over what she had in stock- pausing at one crate. Cola. A carbonated soda beverage. Bit of a luxury this far from a more developed world, but it might do.

She pried open the lid and poured some in a glass of whiskey. It fizzed and bubbled, turning a brilliant color of mahogany. That surprised her, but she gave it a taste, and grinned. Perfect. The two complemented each other. She poured another glass and slid it across the man.

"On the house," she commented, flinging a towel across her shoulder and picking up a glass, polishing it until it shone. "What do you think of the taste?"

The man shifted, taking a sip, suspicion written across his face, but he gave a gap-toothed grin.

"Well done," he rasped, sitting up a little straighter, but swaying unsteadily. "And I never take freebies." He nearly fell off the chair, but caught himself. "So I'll pay you back."

He threw a glance over his shoulder to the open doorway where sunlight streamed in, harsh and bright. One or two voices echoed around the platforms as employees made their way about their business. There was only a handful of them- mostly distant cousins of hers looking to get away from Susefvi.

"No need," Aeshi answered, waving her hand, but he cut her off, with a shake of his head. The man leaned forward, pulling a chain from around his neck. A small datacard, worn and battered, hung off. He yanked it from his neck and and slid it across the bar.

"Old wreckage," he whispered, "Clone War, I reckon. Military or Jedi, can't tell. Registered from a planet that no longer exists on the maps." He gave another look past his shoulder and froze as someone passed outside. "Keep it quiet. Don't know who might kill for this knowledge."

A chime sounded and Aeshi turned reading the message. Another ship was coming into land. When she turned back, the man disappeared out the door, stumbling back to his ship. The datacard rested on the bar and she swept it up into her hands, weighing it carefully before slipping it over her neck and tucking it in her shirt.

Then she put together two messages- one to the Underground and one to GUIDE. Both she trusted to be encrypted and safe.

[member="Coren Starchaser"] @Leo Vandermolon [member="Isaiah Dashiell"] [member="Magdalena Lethe"]

Lyth Meran

Bullet with Butterfly wings.
why did she do this? hell she had a business now she should be sitting eating a bucket of Mon-cal shrimp and she should be getting lazy and fat.
still here she was cold and wet with her bones aching.
why were all jobs on damp wet planets?
still this was a contract and the guild posted it and she took it.
her ship docked out side a small crappy bar.
" well this will be fun... bets to add a thermal layer i am sick of being cold on these jobs. " the tiny fairy said as she dawned her helm.
flying in to the bar she stood on the bar removed her helmet.
" Names Lyth Meran. i'm yer gun for hire." she tried to sound badass. not easy when she was 12 inches tall.
[member="Aeshi Tillian"]

Call it luck, or just a favor, but since Coren made his way back to the Known Galaxy, he was clued into the Underground communications network again. The Shortfin was making its rounds, almost patrolling space. Looking for signals, looking for something he missed before, or anyone missed before. Maybe there were lost spacers, or a ship in destress. He didn’t know quite what he was looking for, but it was one of those ‘know it when you see it.’

He had left the more recognizable Tachyon Rising back on the Dawn Treader which was still deliberating if they were going to make the move from the edge-of-the-map Unknown to the edge-of-the-map Wild Space. The world out here was different, and that was why the ship he was in was different. Something faster, more nimble, and full of upgrades, from the Silk factory and Unknown Regions scientists.

At the next break in hyperspace, because sometimes just waiting in the space lanes was a smart enough move, Coren received the message. Where were they going? A wreckage though, that was an interesting bit of information. He was, after all, somewhat of a treasure hunter, or wished he was. The pilot nodded, and input the coordinates, pushing the Shortfin into hyperspace again. He fell into the Force, this system wasn't any he recognized, so he waned to trust more than just the navcomp.

[member="Lyth Meran"] [member="Coren Starchaser"] [member="Leo Vandermolen"]
----------------------------------------

Some time later, Aeshi turned, eyebrows raised at the bar, as she held a datapad with a list of supplies. A small being, hardly taller than Aeshi's forearm stood there in armor, offering a job as a hired gun. Peculiar. The Warden set the datapad down on the bar and crossed her arms.

"You have the wrong person," her voice was calm, but there was a sense of friction. "I don't need a hired gun." She moved back behind the bar. "Can I get you a drink though?" She pulled together some of the cola and her whiskey. She was still debating what to call it, but Tillian-Cola seemed like a decent idea. Maybe she could get some investment going to start producing it. There was certainly enough market appeal. A whiskey that looked like a soda? Rebellious adolescents across the known galaxy would be desperate to get their hands on it. That thought brought a small smile to her face as she took a seat on the bar, looking down at her visitor.

There had been some responses on the other networks- most notably the Underground network. There was still some time before they would arrive and she intended to be prepared to leave as soon as they did. It took more than a two person crew of an expedition of this sort. Multi-stage, she was guessing. First the salvage. There likely wouldn't be much of monetary value at this point, except as historical curiosities, but that's not what she was after. No, she wanted the ship's logs.

"Well," she added after a moment, "I am preparing to do a salvage mission. You look like you might be able to slip in and out of small portions of a wrecked ship. Once the crew arrives, we're leaving. Can give you a share of the salvage profit."

She highlighted part of the datapad- adding a few more ration packs. The list was drawn from what she had at the outpost.- between the warehouse, her personal supplies, and the GUIDE post that she had built. It was chock full of exploratory equipment that she had access to. She just had to decide if she wanted to take GUIDE's ship or her ship.

Lyth Meran

Lyth laughed looking at [member="Aeshi Tillian"] the woman looked slightly wornout.
she walked over tipping over an empty glass and sat down in top of it.
"Salvage? well good news for you i am in fact a expert in space salvage. part owner in Meran Mechanics is right before you. she introduced properly.
removing her helmet and revealing her pink hair.

" nah contract was for 500 cred's that'l do. unless i find something fun to play with. " she admitted.
" now in all honesty i'm in and to be honest i am a lot more useful than i look. i once decapitated a Tandoshin. ha ha. all in i can offer suplies if needed. and transport if need be. "

The light was fading as Leo sauntered into the bar designated by the encrypted message to the people back at ORC. Being an enterprising type of man, he spotted a little opportunity for adventure and profit in the job he had received. Mostly profit. Leo strolled towards the woman at the bar, noticing an all-to familiar face as he approached, a face he really had to squint to make out. He cocked a cheeky grin as he approached them.

"Ladies. Lyth." Leo gave a curt nod at the tiny being whose company had provided him with the large majority of his weapons, armor and vehicles, "Got any whiskey?" He craned his head, addressing the woman at the bar. Leo propped himself up on a bar stool as he waited, thumping out a familiar rhythm on the table. "So Lyth, you here for the salvage too?" He asked, opening the conversation.

| [member="Lyth Meran"] | [member="Aeshi Tillian"] | [member="Coren Starchaser"] |

Lyth Meran

" [member="Leo Vandermolen"] you old skever how are things? you get that armor i made for you? no honestly i was kindof mislead i was told there was a guard job protecting a shipment . but to be honest this is more my speed" Lyth admitted turning her head ti the shaggy human.
if indeed he was a human to be honest a lot of the bigger beings tended to look similar.
" my apologies [member="Aeshi Tillian"] This is Leo a fairly decent bloke and all round badass."

The pilot was working his way through hyperspace. He was plugged into his ship via the implants. He could feel the gravity wells and push his ship through them, and around them, using them as a sling shot to launch through the void of hyperspace. The joy that Starchaser felt this way was more than he could really explain. The ship was making its way through to the location provided.

Once he pulled into real space, he turned to his droid and the on-board computer’s… well, her face? And nodded. “Find us a place to land.” He spoke as he pulled himself from the captain’s chair. Stepping backwards in his ship, he moved to the weapons lockers, pulling out his pistol, lightsaber, and a rifle. He debated using the Starhawk armor, and after consideration did pull it out, changing as the Shortfin entered atmosphere.

Stepping back up, he grabbed a black long-coat and donned that over his armor. Lightsaber and pistol on his belt, rifle in hand, he stepped to the pilot’s seat and concentrated lightly on the landing of the ship. As it landed, Coren walked to the gangway and grabbed an earpiece and muttered into it. He’d keep in touch with Lexi, especially if someone was approaching the ship and she needed to bug out. He wasn’t expecting trouble, but better safe than sorry.

He knew he was behind schedule, but he’d catch up to the group, and eventually assist, when he got there.

OOC: Hurricane will delay posting, keep going.

[member="Lyth Meran"] [member="Coren Starchaser"] [member="Leo Vandermolen"]

--------------------------

Aeshi nodded as the small being spoke, listening. It was odd, but not the strangest thing that she had ever seen. A man strode into the bar, clearly recognizing the woman, Lyth, it appeared her name was. And his was Leo.

The woman pulled a glass from the shelf and poured in her special blend of whiskey and slid it across to the man. He seemed like quite an interesting character. Definitely on the more scoundrel side of things, as far as she could from his appearance. And while she wasn't entirely sure, he seemed to radiate with the Force. Jedi? Judge? Some other sect? They were always good to have along.

"Let me know what you think," she said, gesturing to the glass of whiskey. "Distilled it myself from some of the local plants here. Added some soda for flavor and a bit of pop. Trying to see if I could really sell it."

She hopped up and sat on the bar, sliding across so that her legs dangled off the edge.

"About that salvage," she leaned forward and lowered her voice. "Some old spacer paid for his drink with a datachip. It has the coordinates on it." She paused to look past them to the door. "And this salvage," she continued, "Is registered to a system that is no longer on any navcomputer or data files. I checked. Potentially Clone Wars ships. Not sure of the type."

She met each of their gazes.

"We could be looking at a treasure trove of artifacts on this job."

"You've piqued my interest." Leo admitted to the woman, "Send the coordinates to our navs and let's be off. The sooner we can get this salvage done, the less risk we take." He sipped at the strange concoction, giving a wicked grin at it's unique taste. "This is pretty clean." He replied to her, "You could make some good credits selling this as a special." Leo stayed a little far from the original topic of conversation, but as long as there was liquor involved, he didn't mind.

Leo straightened in his stool, cocking his head as he finished his beverage. "Depending on what we uncover, it could greatly assist the efforts of the Coalition, as well as ourselves." He decided to be thorough in this temporary planning stage, adding, "Are we facing any potential risks here? I know it's off the grid, but that could present a while knew batch of trouble if we're no careful."

| [member="Aeshi Tillian"] | [member="Coren Starchaser"] | [member="Lyth Meran"] |

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom