Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KSV84j1.png
12rqgEF.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Media Name: The Works of Lady Velvet
  • Format: Book, Holobook
  • Distribution: Common
  • Length: Medium to Long
  • Description: Penned by an anonymous author under the pseduonym of Lady Velvet, these romance novels are widely considered to be incredibly cheesy but charming. Filled with extremely predictable but well executed (and at times, steamy) storytelling, these literary works have a small but active fan base.
SOCIAL INFORMATION
  • Author: Lady Velvet Corazona von Ascania
  • Publisher: Gildenleaf, Inc.
  • Reception: Yet another entry into the overstimulated trashy novel market, Lady Velvet's works initially flew under the radar until she was picked up by Gildenleaf. Staunchly in the middle of the road when it comes to quality, this series isn't anything spectacular or groundbreaking, but is slowly gaining a steady following.
FORMAT INFORMATION

"Oh, General!" Ayari cried out, her heavy bosom heaving like a stormy ocean as her petticoats rustled to the ground. "We can't--I'm from a first circle clan and you're... My father would never allow me to--"

"Shh," Juso's voice rumbled, pressing a finger to Ayari's plump lips. His broad chest, chalk white skin gleaming with a sheen of sweat, drew her gaze over the countour of every muscle like a buffet for the eyes. "Nobody, not even that man, can keep us apart. I'll tear the galaxy's stars asunder before I even dream of giving you up!"

-Exerpt from The Nagai's Duel of Love

The following titles have been published under Lady Velvet:
  • One Night on Zeltros
  • Taming the Devaronian Devil
  • 1000 Wookiee Hearts
  • Love is Blind for a Miraluka
  • Melting the Chiss' Heart of Ice
  • The Nagai's Duel of Love
  • The Kaminoian Who Cloned My Heart

CONTENT INFORMATION

Like many great authors, Corazona began her literary journey by posting short stories on a fanfiction holosite under the ill conceived user handle Lady Velvet.
Xud5fAR.png
Though her early works left much to be desired, users found her stories appealing enough, which resulted in a modest following. A small-time publishing deal with Gildenleaf followed, not because her stories were particularly thrilling or masterfully crafted, but because the large company felt that her works could fill a niche they hadn't yet dipped into.

However, the popularity of Lady Velvet has risen steadily over the past few months. Perhaps this is due in part to the incredibly detailed cover artwork, which often features shirtless male leads, toeing the line between appropriate and risque. These piceces are not produced by Lady Velvet herself; rather, the author is working with an anonymous artist Iris Arani Iris Arani over the holonet to comission her cover artwork.

Fans of Lady Velvet tout her dramatic story telling; there are princesses to be saved, knights in shining armor, and evil step-mothers to be vanquished. Romantic scenes, while gratutiously descriptive, fall somewhere comfortably between an ancient Jedi tome and full-on erotica. Light and fun, these novels are indulgent, gripping, and always have a happy ending.

Critics of Lady Velvet will cite her over-reliance on tropes such as "fobidden love" and "enemies to lovers" in addition to her theatrical style of writing, which can come off as hammy and exaggerated. In response to this criticism, Lady Velvet somehow found herself working with a new AI editor: Cadence. No one, aside from Cadence, knows the face behind the pen name.

"It's like chocolate covered popcorn for your brain."
- Claange Fairmeek, 42, Housewife

"They're, like, totally cringe. When did you say the next one comes out?"
- Halla Seadown, 15, Student

"Sure, it aint Lord of the Stars, but it's way easier to read and makes me feel fuzzy inside."
- Barrett Crosbray, 57, Coaxium Miner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom