Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Word Purpose Redefined(Open/Naboo)

e54c59f2-bf37-42f3-b722-548b1badf109_zps07d8c7ee.png
Naboo - Undercity
10:16PM

Naboo was one of the most beautiful planets in the galaxy. At least, in the opinion of a man who hadn't seen much of it since he'd been of age and had to take care of himself. That's why when he saw that even on a planet as beautiful as Naboo, in a City as strong as it's capital, there was weakness and hopelessness. Though well hidden, there was poverty and there were people struggling just to live another day in a life that didn't give them much of a reason to try anymore. There was sadness and loss, sickness and distress, and he couldn't bear to watch it anymore.

Varus himself was a modest living young man, going from orphan to employed mechanic at a young age. He had little money to live by and next to nothing to spend on himself, but he'd never been homeless. He'd never been poor. He didn't know how that felt, though he was well aware what it felt like to not feel wanted. To feel like you were only alive to leech off of others and make other people's lives more difficult when it wasn't your intention. He hated the feeling of owing anyone anything, just like he hated to have to ask for help, which he rarely did. That's why he knew that despite his difficult living arrangement and next to nothing career, he still was far more fortunate than many others. That in and of itself made him stand up for others. That was all it had taken for him to make sure and give everything he could spare to those who had no means to better their own lives.

On a dark and clouded night, Varus found himself in the dregs of Naboo, where the beautiful architecture and clean, clear streets had managed to avoid. Back alleys and ground level areas beneath bridges and upper level city districts were crawling with people experiencing hardships that Varus did not share. It was a saddening thing to know, but sobering to experience as he realized that he could very easily be a party to all of this had his circumstances been even slightly different. That's why, on that night, Varus had left the shop with work unfinished, leaving early to venture down into the belly of Naboo, wading through filthy streets with a look of concern on his face as he approached one person after the other, giving them old clothing that no longer fit him and leftover food that he'd saved with the intent for sharing it that very night.

It made him happy to share what he had with those struggling the way he had when he was a younger man, but even then it was almost hurtful to see people suffer so much. It set a resentment in his heart for people more fortunate who didn't care to help those who couldn't help themselves. It made him angry, and he knew his anger wouldn't help anything. In fact, it would only drive him closer to the dark side, but he couldn't help it. When dozens of people approached him taking whatever he was willing to give when he was the only one there to give, he couldn't help but to hate everyone else who didn't care to dirty their shoes in order to be kind to someone who needed a bit of kindness to get by.

Razz Michaels

R
(Great thread to read!)

NABOO
UNDER CITY

Naboo what a wonderful planet, one of Razz's favorite. The beautiful streets, buildings and people. Razz wasn't there on business, but to simply enjoy it.

Razz got off his ship with his two bodyguards Raul and Zane, they did not wear their masks or bring their weapons, such a beautiful planet didn't need anymore violence then it already might have. Down the ramp of the ship Razz looked at the street, it was clean which made Razz feel comfortable.

Walking the street he decided to turn down another way. The street got more and more filthy as they walked further in. On the side Razz noticed a few people standing, sitting, and laying on the ground. He noticed a man handing out old cloths and food to less fortunate people than him.

"Eh boss look at that shmuk!" Raul said with a rude tone.

This made Razz a bit angry, it was not their fault that they were less fortunate then others.

"I suggest you close your mouth and stay quiet, be glad you not in their position." Razz said to Raul calmly.

That shut Raul up, he spoke no more for that time.

Razz walked towards the man who was handing out cloths, and food provisions.

"Need help?" Razz offered he didn't want to leave the man do kind work all to himself.

[member="Varus Shatterstar"]

Naboo Undercity

Ghrom had been in the Undercity of Naboo for some time now and liked how the air felt on his slimy skin, The Amani Race loved the dark and the Undercity fitted Ghrom nicely. Ghrom bore two bandoliers across his chest that stored a variety of items including Energy Cells, His left Should had a slung Hunting rifle that was rather large in shape. Looked like some type of Energy Cannon for the experienced. Ghrom lifted one giant arm in the shadow he was in to scratch his head. The Darkness he was in hid his full height of 9'8ft. Only his small Red Sinister eyes were visible. Leaning forward slightly some light shined on his face as he looked over at the young man helping others. It was obvious he did not fit in here, But Ghrom loved seeing acts of Kindness.

Ghrom muttered lightly " I is Ghrom..." But his voice was slightly louder than he wanted and echoed about.

[member="Razz Michaels"]

[member="Razz Michaels"] [member="Ghrom Xenos"]

Varus was surprised when a three men approached him. He wasn't expecting anyone else more fortunate to be down in the underbelly of the city, but he'd been wrong. It was a surprise, but a good surprise which he eagerly welcomed with a slight smile. "Uhm...", he said, turning and squaring his broad shoulders towards Razz, "Actually I don't have much to spare. I've just given the only clothes and left over food I had.", he admitted as he reached out to shake the man's hand in a respectful manner.

"I'm sure they all appreciate it, though.", he said, glancing over at a few of the homeless he'd shared with who were posted up against the wall of the building next to them. They glanced up at Varus when he had mentioned them and both of them smiled at the group of men, though even when they smiled they still seemed sad. Varus hated to see them sad as they were, and if he only had more to give he would have. Having more was the problem, however, though he had the means to take more if he so pleased. The force was a powerful thing, and he'd thought about playing robin hood more than once before. He didn't think robbing from the rich only to turn around and give it all to the poor was so bad, but it was against the law to take something that wasn't yours as well. It was a crossroad he was seriously thinking about turning around on, but for now he was going to keep giving as much as he could until he could figure out a way to do more.

"Woah!", Varus said when a deep voice called out. He expected he was sharing his name, but for the life of him that was the last thing on his mind when he saw the humanoid creature towering over him. He didn't back down from him, however, and showed the creature respect as he stood his ground and said, "H-hi, Ghrom. I am Varus. Varus Shatterstar. It's very nice to meet you both.", he said, glancing back at Razz and nodding his head to show respect. "Have you come to give what you can to those less fortunate?"

Razz Michaels

R
"Happiness Consists of giving and serving others." Razz said before reaching out to accept the offered handshake. "Tell me this Mr. Shatterstar, do you feel happy giving and or serving people who are less fortunate then you?" Razz paused and looked around. "Let me tell you something, it does not matter how much you have to give for these less fortunate people, but that you tried your best to try and make their lives a bit easier and happier."

Just as Razz finished a booming voice came from the darkness.

"I is Ghrom" the booming voice stated.

Instantly Raul and Zane got into a defensive stance pushing themselves in front of Razz.

"Calm down you two" Razz would order as he peered into the darkness.

"I actually came to this beautiful planet just to look at its culture, I didn't expect to find less fortunate peop here. But if you need help with credits, that is no problem for my pockets." Razz said to the giver.

"Zane, open your pack." Razz said before reaching towards Zanes pack.

Zane opened it, and Razz reached inside. He pulled out a small box of credits, it contained one thousand credits from one of Razz's previous spice sales on Coruscant.

"Here, it is one thousand credits, hopefully it will get some needed supplies to these people." Razz said to the giver.

"Oh how rude, I forgot to introduce myself, my name is Razz Michaels, and these two companions of mine are my bodyguards Zane and Raul." Razz said with a bow and a wave of his hand out towards the right.

The man was kind, but for what reason?

[member="Ghrom Xenos"]

Ghrom stepped from out the shadows pulling out his Skulled Amani Tribal Lore staff, the staff was slightly bigger than him and adorned in jewels and skulls alike. His steps had a thump to them as he waddled past the two men[member="Razz Michaels"] & [member="Varus Shatterstar"] over to a sick elderly man in a corner. The man was afraid and wanted to get up but was too sick, The giant Amani bent down slowly and reached in his pouch for a Herb. Giving the herb to the man Ghrom stood up and then pulled out another of the same herb and ate it. The Elderly man got the picture and ate it slowly, it didnt taste too good. After that Ghrom waddled over to [member="Razz Michaels"] & [member="Varus Shatterstar"] again. One of them he thought he had seen in another place before but was not sure.

Ghrom sang a song while he moved, " I is Ghrom, I are Ghrom...I.. is.... Ghroom!" After each song Ghrom Giggled slightly.

Varus glanced down at the box of credits the man offered him. He wasn't quite expecting to be giving a box of money intended to help the poor in the area, but he knew where he could put it to good use. There was a homeless shelter a few blocks up the road that fed most of the homeless that seemed to frequent the area. If anyone was going to put that much money to good use, it would be them.

Reaching out and taking the box, Varus retrieved it carefully with a surprised yet happy look on his face. His smile even grew a bit in the man's presence as he reached out his hand to shake those of the men who'd accompanied Razz. "Thank you so much.", Varus finally said, looking back and forth between each man before he connected his blue eyes with Razz again. "Every last credit will go to food and clothing for those in need. I couldn't thank you enough for your generosity since I am not as unfortunate, but I promise you that there isn't a compliment good enough for men as generous as you.", he said as he glanced back at Ghrom who had given an elderly homeless man something and was now singing happily. It was a heartwarming sight, which made Varus laugh ever so lightly as his eyes slanted and his smile now covered his whole face.

"What a wonderful thing.", he said, looking back to Razz, "To give until you yourself have little left over. It's a hard life, but boundlessly gratifying."

He knew that saying something so odd might draw an odd opinion, but he knew what it was like to be without and be helpless to change that. He knew what it was like to have no one else to rely on and it was the kindness of a select few that had gotten him through those times. The kindness of people who cared for others more than they cared for themselves. "To be honest,", Varus finally said as he looked at Razz, "Nothing makes me happier."

Razz Michaels

R
Razz noticed the man lit up with joy.

"Thank you so much!" The man said.

"It is not a problem, we all get stuck...sometimes." Razz said before looking around briefly.

"Don't mention it friend, it gives me joy to see someone who gives so much for other people." Razz said with a chuckle.

"Yeah it warms your heart, sure it does boss." Raul said with a snicker in a sarcastic toe. When Razz heard this, it was like you could see fire in his eyes. He quickly punched Raul in the stomach and as Raul was slouching and gasping for air Razz whispered "speak out again, and you'll be face down in a pool of your own blood." Into Rauls ear. He quickly straightened out and turned back to the man.

"Any help you need, for anything just ask." Razz said hopefully he would, it was getting cold outside.

[member="Ghrom Xenos"]

Varus glanced back at Ghrom with a smile before he heard the shot Razz gave his bodyguard. He had actually heard the man's fist popping the guard in the gut, and as he did he turned and displayed a bit of a frown as he felt sympathy for the man, but quickly he wiped it away as he pulled his satchel open with his free hand and placed the box of credits inside. "I'll make sure the shelter down the street gets these and puts them to good use.", he said, connecting eyes with Razz and nodding his head as if to think him again, though he didn't say it this time.

The next moment, Varus sighed and glanced around, knowing that at the same time he couldn't save the galaxy in a day, he also couldn't bring the poor to wealth or save every life that was slipping away. It was a sad thought, of which he had many, but he pushed it into the back of his mind and smiled again as he said, "Well, I'd say there isn't much else we can do to help tonight. How about we find ourselves somewhere to get a drink? I'd certainly like to hear more about what you do.", he said in a friendly way, honestly curious about the man's dealings seeing as he was able to simply produce such credit and give it away as if it were nothing.

Turning from Razz, Varus glanced back at the massive Ghrom and asked him, "Would you like to join us for a drink, Ghrom?", gathering that Ghrom was his name from what he'd heard him singing before.

Razz Michaels

R
"Thank you" Razz said before touching his face, feeling the constant burn, he closed his eyes, Zane put his hand on Razz's shoulder.

"Come on we better get going Mr. Michaels, Gnorm, Mr. Varus Shatterstar. I guess since you know this planet better than I, you can lead the way." He said to [member="Varus Shatterstar"]

Razz felt a bit better and decided to finally speak.

"Well, I will pay for us, hopefully a drink will do well in my system." Razz said with a chuckle. Raul stayed silent for the whole time, he even decided to go back to the ship leaving Razz, Zane, Varus, and Ghorm. Zane could care less.

[member="Ghrom Xenos"]

Ghrom smiled and cheered he loved parties. His giant hands flew up and he stomped around but suddenly started gagging and hunching over. Ghrom remained still for a minute and puked out a giant brownish ball. The smell that came from it was similar to dog crap, but it was huge! And it came from Ghroms mouth?! After pooping in public Ghrom smiled having slimey brown streams trail down and hit the floor. Gigling Ghrom was ready for the party now.

[member="Razz Michaels"]

"Alright then.", Varus said with a smile as he glanced back and forth between each man and the massive creature Ghrom. "There's a bar just this way a few blocks down we can sit down and have a drink at.", he proclaimed as he lead the four of them down the street.

The night was still young, but he was certain that it wasn't over. There was much to talk about, and with such interesting company he could tell that his interest was going to be piqued as long as they were around. He was particularly curious about Razz, noting his bandages and considerable appearance and handle on wealth. He was interested in what had happened to him and what he actually did to be such a wealthy man. Though wealth had never much interested Varus, he was well aware that he wouldn't be helping very many people if he didn't find a suitable, stable source of income, let alone himself.

Guiding them into the bar, Varus lead them across a room half full with some of the locals who were drinking and minding their own business. When he'd found a booth table for them he held out his arm suggesting that they all find a seat and said, "I guess we'll just wait to see what they have from the waiter", as he took his own seat against a wall in the booth.

[member="Razz Michaels"]
[member="Ghrom Xenos"]

Razz Michaels

R
Razz followed him to a local bar, of all the times Razz has been to Naboo he has never been to the undercity, even with his work. They entered the bar half filled with locals and the man led the four of them to a booth. The man sat down so Razz decided to follow. He sat across the man and Zane sat next to Razz.

"I'd like to thank you for inviting us to drink with you." He said with a warm smile, though he couldn't see it. The waitress came and asked if they wanted anything. The waitress glared at the nineteenth year ood Zane but Razz simply said "he will not be drinking tonight. As for me I will take a Corellian Whiskey. As for these to gentleman let them decide." He put down the amount of credits needed for the more then one drink for each with a tip. The waitress waited for the two to order.

"Varus is there anything you want to know before you sulk in your drinks." He said.

[member="Ghrom Xenos"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom