Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Wild Hunt

Dousing the fire before me I automatically felt the chill returning to my bones. I couldn't resist licking my lips feeling how dry they were from the arctic weather on the planet. Vullain, one of the last places I would ever want to be, but a contract had been made to hunt down some insurrectionists on the planet. The money wasn't as good as it could be but the hunt would provide a challenge. Test and hone my skills that had become diluted during my times of despair. Kicking the permafrost over the last embers of my campfire I stomped it down covering my tracks. Two days I've spent following this same routine wandering the frozen tundra of the planet hunting this one individual. Someone who was rumored to have taken more lives at fourteen then most soldiers did in their entire life.

With my Tsaisi Magnus across my back, and my Reverances Remembrance pistol on my hip I snatched up the last bit of my gear. All I had left were some nutrition cubes to provide all the nutrients I needed and my lightsabers. Clipping them onto my belt I made my way deeper into the tundra hugging the cloak closer to myself.

[member="Zoya"]

Nyx

Insert Hilarious Title Here
"What is that?"
Zoya looked beside her at her fellow insurgent, who was pointing at something in the distance. She put her hands above her eyes, peering at the thing moving in the snow.
It wasn't a terron, too small; the large wampa-like predators didn't walk as slowly, either.
She barked orders at her small group, who slammed themselves into the snow.
She joined them, bringing out her binoculars and looking through; at the other end was a struggling, cloaked being. She could see weapons attached to them, and frowned.

"Stay down." She muttered to her squad, bringing her rifle from on her back, aiming vaguely at the being, curious as to what they would do.

[member="Xilo Gale"]

"Oh come on! Let's give up already! She's probably dead or captured already! We're going to die in this cold." The voice inside me said as it made its way back to the surface whispering to me.

"You know as well as I do that this cold won't kill us. We've survived worse." I mumbled pushing my way further into the tundra. Each step was slow as my feet sank into the permafrost leaving behind footprints. I could've done a large amount of things to make this hunt easier. Took the trackers that had been offered, hired more mercenaries, or even bought a speeder. But that would make the hunt to easy. It would ruin the challenge, and would undermine the whole reason for coming. It was to test me and my skills in the force. Continuing my walk I submerged myself in the force allowing it to pour into myself. Then with all my anger and all my hate I took control of it and used it to search for other living beings near me.

All across the lands for yards I felt the wildlife that wandered the planet located here and there, but in the distance from me I felt a large group of living beings. It could be a herd of animals, but they were to still. To be early morning and with the weather the way it was animals wouldn't stay still that long. "It's them! Hurry! RUN! Let's go!" The voice encouraged me.

"No we shall not. To attack first would be foolish if it is them. This is their home, they know the landscape better then us." I warned as I began making my way in a diagonal line which would carry me closer to the position of the living beings, but in a way where it seemed like I was wandering aimlessly.

[member="Zoya"]

Nyx

She narrowed her eyes at the being.
What in the Goddess were they doing? She increased the magnification, studying them.
It looked like they were wandering aimlessly, but she noticed that it was headed steadily their direction.
Coincidence? Purpose? She couldn't tell.

But her thoughts were interrupted as she heard the tell-tale howls of a terron, close. Her blood ran colder than usual as her squad leaped up, geting ready to run. There weren't enough of them to handle a terron!
She glanced backwards at the figure, briefly wondered if they knew what was coming, then took off after her squad.

[member="Xilo Gale"]

Focusing on the group of living beings I continued my walk and used my peripheral vision to glance in their direction to see my suspicions confirmed. I couldn't see anything from where I was, but that was the answer. I felt the presences but they were hiding... Watching. Turning in the direction of another life form that was approaching rapidly I heard the howl echo across the land and hit my ears. Just what type of creatures do they have on this planet? I wondered as I saw the insurrectionists stand and preparing to flee. "There!" The voice inside me howled like a wild animal out for blood. Summoning my strength and energy that I had been reserving I began to sprint through the permafrost stumbling here and there due to the soft ground. I could not, no would not let them get away that easily. But just what was that beast that I heard earlier? Reaching down to my belt I unclipped my pistol holding it in my left hand while in my right I drew my lightsaber, but did not yet activate the weapon.

[member="Zoya"]

Nyx

As the insurgents fled, a few looked back to see if it was coming. . . and paled even more and ran faster.

The giant four-legged creature was bounding across the tundra, snorting and huffing as it howled it's pleasure at finding it's prey.
One of the Zhornee tripped, and could only look back in fear as she was pounced on by the terron, tearing into her as her screams echoed across the desolate snow.

Zoya gulped and stopped for a moment, taking a moment to aim her rifle, and squeezed the trigger.

Two sounds rang out: the crack of the rife, and the terron's howl of rage as the bullet tore through it's hide.
She turned and ran once more, forgetting about the figure that had been spotted earlier.

[member="Xilo Gale"]

Crossing the crest of the frozen hill I came across the horrifying site that happened before me. Blood painted the snow and once of the fiercest creatures I had ever seen stood above a women tearing into her. The screams of the women could be heard as she pleaded for help. Help that would never come as her comrades had abandoned her. "Yes! It's beautiful! Look! Look at her suffer! Let her learn the true meaning of pain!" I even felt a sadistic smile cross my lips that I had to push away. Memories of pain I had suffered filled my head. Pain that no one should experience. This women could not be left to suffer such a painful death. Bowing my head I hit the activation stud on my saber as the signature snap hiss sound filled the air a blue blade was emitted from the hilt.

Crossing the distance between me and the beast I brought up my pistol and let it drain what power it needed from me to power the crystal. My anger filled me, it fueled me. The womans pain only fueled the embers of my infinite rage and pain. Firing the first shot at the creature I crouched low to the ground and jumped high to deliver a kick straight to the beasts side to make it free the women.

[member="Zoya"]

Nyx

The terron looked up as it heard an unfamiliar sound, and felt a sharp, stinging heat slam into it; following by a a force that made it stumble.
It released it's whimpering prey, and snarled, saliva dripping from it's bloodstained jaws as it circled it's new prey.
This prey would regret interrupting the beast's meal, it would make sure of that.

The hulking creature let out a roar as it shot forward, trying to pounce on it's prey.

[member="Xilo Gale"]

I watched the women land on the ground her whimpering floating on the air. Good she was still alive, she still had a chance to live. Taking a few steps forward I holstered my pistol and retrieved my second saber. Activating it a green blade was emitted from the hilt. Each one hummed with power as I stared at the creature. Did I fear it? No. I was going to show it what a true monster was. Drawing on my rage, my pity for the women and my passion for battle I let it fill me. Charge me. Chest heaving I let the beast circle me and I sized it up in turn. It was obviously stronger than me but was it faster? It's speed and size would be a great asset to me in this fight. Then it attacked pouncing in my direction. The fool. It was just a creature of the wild after all, it probably had no clue what a lightsaber could do. So as it pounced in my direction I ran forward sliding onto my knees and letting the slick permafrost carry me beneath the creature. Then I would bring both my weapons up in a slash aimed at two of the creatures legs.

[member="Zoya"]

Nyx

The beast howled it's pain as it felt it's legs get sliced. Not off, but enough that it's back legs were now useless.

The terron whimpered as it's blood stained the snow, but that soon turned into snarls of rage as it turned to it's attacker, snapping at it as the beast tried to drag itself towards it.
It would not allow itself to die like this, on it's knees.

[member="Xilo Gale"]

I felt it as I sliced through the beasts legs. The hot blood that coated my face and painted the snow like it was a canvas. It was beautiful. Spinning I turned and looked as the creature howled in pain and began making its way to me. Now the beast knew what it was like to be weak. Useless, it struggled in vain even after loosing both of its legs. If this were another human I was facing I would warn them to flee in the face of such odds, but in this case the beast had no choice. It had planned on torturing that women now it would know pain as well. Running towards the beast as its made its way to me I would stop a few steps before it and jump off the balls of my feet. Curling my body and pointing the sabers downwards I would attempt to flip over the beast and land upon its back driving both sabers into its spine .

[member="Zoya"]

Nyx

Zoya watched with interest through her binoculars as the being drove it's glowing weapons through the terron's back.

Around her, her fellow insurgents drew holy symbols and muttered prayers. Zoya herself wasn't religious, but many of the insurgents came from farming villages, where legends of the immortality of terrons ran rife. To see one killed by a lone hunter was terrifying for them.

The Demon In The Snow simply focused her attention on the wounded Zhornee, who they all knew had no chance. The nearest shaman was kilometers away, and dragging a wounded, bleeding body through the tundras was suicide. They all knew what they had to do, a sad as it made them.

The group approached [member="Xilo Gale"], cautious and rifles at the ready.
"Greetings!" Zoya called out in Zhornai. "I must congratulate you on killing the terron!" She pointed at the corpse.

[member="Zoya"]

The final throws of death from the beast must have been torture as I felt its presence in the force lowly growing weaker. It shifted its body as though it still stood a chance of winning. It's arms scrapped against the permafrost as it drug itself just a few more inches. Then it fell dead, blood leaking from its mouth and staining the snow. I had won the battle, much less without even getting a scratch on myself. I drew on the pain the creature suffered in its final moments and ran over to the women who had been injured crouching over her. Blood was everywhere, her clothes, her face, and even a few bones seemed to be broken. She radiated her agony into the force and it bombarded me, a part of myself took enjoyment in her pain. Watching her twist and groan as she tried to hold on to life was both a entertainment and a hell to me.

The footsteps coming through the snow alerted me to the presence of the others, of the women that was my target approaching. One who had left behind a member of her team to save her own hide. Someone that should've been like family. Standing above the women I deactivated both my sabers and turned to the insurrectionists as they approached me. As she approached all I heard were a bunch of words and syllables being slapped together. "I don't understand you... But what I do understand is that you left someone behind! You left her to die! Suffer at the hands of that beast!"

I let my anger show on the surface as I slowly walked to them and activated my sabers once again before pointing the blue one at the women. What difference is there between you and the empire you fight if you just sit back and let others die!? You are no better then them! " I knew they probably wouldn't understand what I was saying, but they would understand the anger upon my face.

Nyx

[member="Xilo Gale"]

Zoya cocked her head at his words, the sounds coming out of his mouth simply a mess of nonsense. He did not speak Zhornai? That was going to make this very difficult.

But then he aimed his blue flames at her, and she couldn't help but blink. She could see the anger on his face, but didn't understand what it was over. She was congratulating him, why was he hostile?
But she put a smile on her face, and held up her hands, trying to show she meant no harm. Her held their rifles tightly, but followed her lead and did not aim them at him.

She slowly pointed at her wounded comrade.

"Please, she needs to be taken care of; her screams and blood will attract more terron."

[member="Zoya"]

I wanted to attack the women... To kill her. To show her the meaning of pain and just how much her supposed ally had suffered, but they meant no harm. I also no longer felt the need to claim the bounty. The hunt was over. Deactivating both my sabers I clipped them to my belt and took off my cloak. The wounded women would need it more then me. Gently I wrapped her in it how a parent would wrap a child in a blanket or towel. If there was any chance to save her these people would know how. I would have to work with them for now. Scooping up the women I held her in my arms and walked towards Zoya and her team of soldiers. If you could even call them that, they didn't look like they were ready to go to war. They weren't even ready to face whatever the beast was that had attacked their ally.

Nodding my head in a manner to tell them that I was ready I stepped up to the women shooting her a glare before waiting for them to lead the way. The chill of the weather bit into my skin as now all I had was a thin shirt, but the force provided me with what I needed. My anger and rage would keep me warm for the time being.

Nyx

Zoya frowned as [member="Xilo Gale"] wrapped up her wounded comrade. They needed to get out of there, and she would only slow them down; but she supposed that his presence would deter any more terrons from showing up.

She motioned for her group to move out; there was no time to waste. They had a snow cave hollowed out about an hour's walk from there, and there they could decide what to do.

She knew the chances of finding a shaman in time to save her, but also knew their new guest wouldn't approve of the other option.

The Demon In the Snow walked to the back of the group, she came up to him, and held the hand of the Zhornee in his arms.
". . . Zoya. . ." The wounded woman gasped, biting back the pain. Zoya simply smiled, and assured her she would be alright. She didn't like lying to her women, but understood that sometimes it was necessary.

[member="Zoya"]

The Insurrectionist moved out with me right behind them at the tail end of the group. I didn't trust any of them behind me, I barely trusted them walking ahead of me. If I fell back and another one of those beasts came would they just run and leave me too? Considering they left a ally I probably didn't stand a much better chance of them standing to fight with me. I felt the women shift in my arms as the pain wracked her body, and I felt her pain through the force as it seemed to bite into my sides. I knew she wouldn't make it without treatment, but I wouldn't leave her to be eaten by any scavengers.

Looking up from the women in my arms I saw my target approach me and the two exchanged brief words. Words that I didn't understand, but even I saw that Zoya did care for the women. But it would be to little to late.

Nyx

Zoya moved back to the front of the column, deep in thought as they trekked to the snow cave.
If she remembered correctly, the nearest shaman was a few kilometers away; she wasn't sure if the wounded woman would make it that far.

So they trudged along in the snow, the wind howling around them. The group was silent as they moved, the gravity of their situation thick in the air.
The Zhornee were used to this sort of thing; after all, they were the terron's primary source of food.

But after a couple hours, they came to the entrance to the cave, and Zoya ushered them all in, and motioned for [member="Xilo Gale"] to set the wounded woman on the ground, while reaching for the flask of Xanna in her coat, as well as ordering her comrades to start a small fire.

Hours were spent as we walked through the cold as my skin grew dry and the wind felt like lashes against my bare skin. Yet the force gave me all I needed, I drew on my rage, and the pain of the one I carried to make myself carry on. Bypassing a normal humans bodily limits I continued to march letting the force keep me warm. Yet even now I could do nothing for the women in my arms. It is said the jedi and sith had the power to change the galaxy for the better or for the worse, yet I couldn't help one women. Yet we finally reached the mouth of the cave. It gaped open like the maw of a wild beast with spikes of ice hanging from the roof similar to teeth. Even against my better judgement however I entered the cave and set the women down as close to where they were making the fire. She would need the heat more then anyone there at the moment. So I stepped off to the side letting them set to work on treating their comrade. I wasn't needed here, I would just be a distraction so I took up guard at the mouth of the cave.

[member="Zoya"]

Nyx

With a deep breath, Zoya got to work giving her comrade some basic treatment. One of the others drew a hunting knife, and began heating it in the fire while Zoya poured the alcohol onto the wounds; and the patient let out a bloodcurdling scream.

Nearby, her screams reached the ears of a pack of terrons, who howled in return, and began to make their way to the source of the noise, their jaws dripping saliva. They had heard the death of their fellow earlier, and were eager to gain vengeance.

Zoya heard the howls, and frowned as she motioned for someone to cauterize the wounds.

"You!" She pointed at [member="Xilo Gale"]. "More terrons are on their way! Use your flames and take care of them!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom