Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Wheel Turns

Geonosis
[member="Dravis Rosilla"]

The galaxy was a fast changing place.

Things were in motion that Vrak hadn't counted on, things were moving faster than he had expected. It wasn't unwelcome, but it complicated matters, made it so he had to move faster. This was difficult given that his position was not yet secure back home. Measures had to be taken in order to ensure that everything would work out as he needed. His lips thinned slightly as the shuttle touched down. There was a loud hiss as the landing spurs stretched out upon the heavy metal, a lull as the ramp at the front of the Lambda class shuttle slowly began to lowers itself.

Vrak shook his head, then quickly moved down the ramp.

Geonosis had long been known for it's manufacturing capabilities, but that wasn't why he was here.

Not the whole reason anyway. There was a rumor...just a rumor, that Vrak might find an ally here. It was only a theory, a vague telling of one of his agents. He couldn't be sure, not really, until he met the man himself, but he knew that he had to check. The Sith were not complete, not yet anyway, and there were things developing that would require a more...direct touch. having someone, an ally, on the outside of Athiss would mean a great deal.

Having someone with at least partial control of Geonosis?

That was even batter.

It was his hope that his meeting here today would lead to that. Slowly Vrak wandered down the ramp of his shuttle, black cloak whipping back and forth as he moved onto the desert world. A storm sat upon horizons, but he ignored it. He doubt the meeting would last long enough for it to strike.

Geonosis

As Vrak was waiting, he would see a small dot floating over the horizon, too far to make out details. As the minutes passed, however, the vague smudge would begin to take the form of a giant insect, with arms and legs, a thin face, and quickly-flurrying wings. A Geonosian fluttered across the endless orange dunes, seemingly on a mission.

When it got close enough, the being landed on stilted feet, carrying a large sonic blaster in it's stick-thin hands. It wore a thin tabbard, painted entirely black, with a large red crescent moon in the center. The symbol of Rosilla.

The Geonosian warrior bowed, and placed a holotransmitter before him. A blue projection hummed to life, and another strange form entered the area, marred by static and sparks. A Bith, with a pulled-up hood, and wraps covering his entire face and head, leaving only his eyes to be seen. Silent, judging eyes, scanning the immediate area, and then the Sith before him.

"Hmm..." The hologram of Dravis spoke, the voice distant. "Good day, isn't it?" Dravis bowed at the waist, arms held to each side. "Well, it won't be for long."

"Scans are picking up a storm headed your way. I've sent this messenger to collect you. My base is a far safer place to discuss... potential business."

The Geonosian chittered in it's native language, something about following it. It began to hover, holding it's sonic blaster ahead of it threateningly.

"But first, I must know what this will be about. All I was told was that there was going to be a deal. Now, I must know details."

"Oh, and I'd hurry if I were you. This storm won't stay far forever."

- [member="Vrak Nashar"] -

Vrak wouldn't argue with that logic. He certainly wasn't an expert in how fast the weather moved here on Geonosis and he would rather not get wrapped up in something he could not understand, nor protect himself from. Thus he moved with the fluttering Geonosian.

A part of himself couldn't quite help but be disgusted by the creature.

He was no speciest of course. He didn't mind other kinds, but this thing...well it was a special sort of monster that he doubted he'd ever get used to seeing. There was something about the strange flutter of it's wings, the odd way that it chirped, the strange build of it's exoskeleton. It reminded him of a dead and rotting corpse. He frowned slightly, decided that it likely would be best not to voice his opinions outloud, not while he was on the creatures homeworld anyway.

Without further hesitation he spoke. "I require an ally."

He would be direct.

"Someone who has already established themselves out of my small circle." Vrak peered down at the hologram. "Though my world has resources, and is slowly becoming something...more, that will take time."

It was difficult being this direct. "This means in order for me to do as I wish, I need someone with more...reach."

The Geonosian fluttered along, carrying the hologram in it's fist. In the hologram, Dravis seemed to just suppress a smile as he listened to the Sith, his body unnaturally still. "So, you require... reach."

"Reach is something I can provide. I have quite the web of connections, in both high and low places. I could, perhaps, be convinced to assist you." The Bith couldn't keep his mirth in any longer. He chuckled calmly under his wrappings, bringing his hands together.

"But we both know that in our order, assistance is not given. I am a businessman, however... credits bore me." Dravis' smile vanished, and his hologram flickered. The Geonosian guard chittered unhappily. "They can be grown by companies and profit. No, I don't think credits will do for this deal. Perhaps trades and favors will feel more substantial."

The small Dravis turned to the Geonosian, giving a nod. He spoke in broken Geonosian, thinking hard about his words. He was still getting used to speaking their tongue, but he had caught on quickly. The bug nodded, and looked to Vrak with beady eyes.

"Sending the coordinates to my base now, but you won't get there before the storm hits." Dravis smiled cruelly. "This will be your test, to see if you are worth the favors we will trade. If you survive, we'll talk business."

With that, the Geonosian flapped it's wings, and buzzed east, leaving the Sith Pureblood behind, with an impending sandstorm on it's way.

He sighed, red eyes shifting towards the storm in the distance. He didn't look forward to it, and there would doubtless be difficulty, but he had trained in the ways of the force decades now. Vrak shifted slightly and pulled up the coordinates on a small holo-device that he had held within his pocket.

A map popped up, showing him where he had to go.

It appeared that the path he needed to take would move him directly into the storm. His lips turned into a tight frown and for a moment his gaze fell towards his shuttle. He pondered for a moment, but ultimately decided that the vessel would likely crash if he flew it into the sandstorm, best to simply walk. His shoulders straightened, and without another moment of hesitation he began his journey towards the mans base. When he got there he intended to have a word about these so called tests.

The Bith had been right, credits meant nothing, but this...well this was humiliating.

He shook his head slightly and then began to walk.

The storm ahead loomed over him, and slowly Vrak began to feel tiny granuals of sand pepper his skin. He ignored them for the most part, moving against them until they became too many to ignore. His palm came up, the force forming a small, almost indiscernible barrier in front of him. The sands began to carve a path in front of him, parting instead of striking him in the face and tearing away his flesh. He moved slowly, but found his way.

Eventually he made it to the coordinates, the sand still biting and tearing at the force barrier he had created.

Humiliating indeed.

To be fair, humiliating others was one of Drav's favorite past-times. He'd been pushed down and tread upon all his life. He figured he had the right to do so to others.

And if not, he didn't much care. Besides, this was humiliating for a good cause. The betterment of a fellow Sith. If the other didn't see it as such, did Dravis care? A truly debatable question.

As Vrak reached the coordinates, he would see a massive spire jutting from the ground, roughly the diameter one would expect from a bunker. There were no guards posted outside, but shielded E-webs did poke out from holes in the walls, manned by more Geonosian. They gasped slightly as they saw the pureblood Sith, and quickly opened the large doors to the establishment.

When Vrak would step inside, he'd immediately notice the fancy decor. A red and black carpet blanketed the floor, and wall sconces with bright flames danced on the walls. A human, clad only in a loincloth and a shock-collar, stepped up timidly, not making eye contact. He carried refreshments of all sorts; alcohol, fruits, bread, anything the Sith might wish for. "What do you wish, Mi'lord?" Thick welts scoured the man's back, a testament to his occupation. He was a slave, plain and simple.

"I can take you to see my master right away, if that is what you wish."

Before he did anything else Vrak took a few seconds to shake off the granuals of sand that stuck to his clothes. Three fingered hands slowly flowed over his robes as he got rid of the dust and dirt that had collected itself seemingly everywhere. A look of disgust hung over him for a few moments as he got it all off, his lips turning to a scowl as his eyes darted towards what had spoken to him, a human. He frowned for a moment and thanked the force it wasn't another one of those disgusting bugs.

"Nothing." He told the servant. "Just take me to your master."

Refreshments and pleasantries could wait.

There was business to be conducted first, and Vrak intended to get through with it as quickly as possible. It wasn't that he didn't appreciate the other Sith's little ploys, they were quite effective after all, just simply that he was pressed for time. With things at home the way they were he could hardly afford to be gone for long, not if he wanted to seize power in the way that he did. He had to move quickly to get what he wanted, that included here.

"Now." His voice bit as the servant spun around and began to head down the Corridor.

Vrak followed him, saber-staff swinging at his side.

"Of course, Mi'lord. Right this way, Mi'lord."

The slave led Vrak further into the compound, past a sprinkling of slaves, and Geonosian guards in full force. The numbers of bugs patrolling the halls and posted outside of doors was mind-boggling, each carrying weapons of various make, but all with the black and red tabbard. While Dravis would never admit to trying to impress the Sith with his defenses, he may or may not have let slip that if the pureblood wasn't impressed, rations would be halved.

The threat didn't translate over to the bugs well, but extra guards had been assigned nonetheless.

Besides, the last time Dravis had witnessed a group of Sith congregate, his master was utterly destroyed. He would be cutting no corners when it came to security.

After a few minutes of walking, Vrak and the slave stopped outside of a heavy sliding door. The slave stepped up to a guard, and whispered something meekly. The Geonosian chittered, and unlocked the heavy door, which slid open with a slight creak.

Inside, Dravis Rosilla had his boots propped up on a long holotable, debating with a cadre of Aleena. The little beings also sat at the table, with discontented frowns. The Bith Sith gave them a disconcerned smirk, and waved them away. "We've made a deal, Havani. Any attempts to circumnavigate our deal will result in immediate disciplinary... Ah." Dravis' dark eyes found Vrak, and his smirk fell away, becoming more business-like.

He had trapped his other business partners within his political tendrils, but he had yet to do so with his fellow Sith. Whether he would do so at all was still up for debate. He turned to the Aleena, and growled. "I'm done with this conversation. If you have any further complaints, you can take it up with the Sector." The blue-skinned businessmen huffed, and left the room, leaving only the pureblood, the Bith, a slave, and a squad of four Geonosians.

"So, you survived. I could say I was impressed, but I expected nothing less. You are Sith, after all; We are made of tougher stuff than your average joe. Could I interest you in a drink?" Dravis sloshed his goblet, showing off a dull brown liquid. "Brewed right here, under the base. I call it "Grit". Mostly because that's what it tastes like." The Bith took a sip from his cup, savoring the earthy taste. "What do you expect from Geonosis? Grit is all this planet is, I'm afraid."

"It's coarse, rough, gets everywhere. Even into the beer!" Dravis chuckled, and feigned a toast to Vrak.

"Now, what is it you want from me?"

For a few seconds Vrak considered killing the man. He hadn't enjoyed wandering all this way through a snowstorm, and in fact his skin was still crawling with tiny granuals of sand. A scowl settled on his lips as he thought about it for a moment more, but ultimately the urge passed him by as he remembered why he had come here in the first place.

It was necessary.

Like so many things as of late Vrak knew that he had to make a decision here. He didn't like it, but he knew that sacrifices would be needed if he was going to do as he wanted. Athiss alone could not sustain his ambitions, he knew that well enough. He shifted slightly, looking around the room before answering the Bith. At least the man wasn't human. For some odd reason that made Vrak feel a bit better about the situation as a whole, as if it somehow helped.

"Your factories." He said plainly.

"Your allegiance." The bith would note he did not say service. "Your resources."

That was after all why Vrak had come all of this way. "I offer an Alliance."

He would drive straight to the point of the matter.

Dravis took another sip of grog, revelling in the strong emotions of the Sith before him. His experience with Dun Moch, and his attention to detail, made it painfully obvious to Dravis that Vrak was upset. The pure ferocity and primal feelings towards the Bith invigorated him. He was no warrior, neither was he very experienced in many things. But if there was one thing he did know, it was picking up on and using emotions.

Sith were taught that one had to harness and control their own emotions. A slightly more subtle teaching was harnessing and controlling the emotions of others.

Dravis appreciated that the red-skinned warrior before him was straight and to the point. That told him heaps of the personality behind the mask of anger. Vrak did not grovel at the promise of power. He aimed to take it. And Dravis had succeeded in whiddling down his patience. This informed Dravis' response.

If he wants it, he's gonna have to take it.

"Hmm..." Dravis leaned on the armrest of his chair, calculations running in his bulbous head. he turned away from the Sith, inspecting his Geonosian Guards. They stood straight and proud, the embodiment of loyalty. He had acquired his contingent of soldiers through negotiations with a Geonosian Queen, and because of this, they were completely under his control, moreso than any common soldier. He adjusted the tabbard of one, making sure there were no wrinkles. He turned again, seemingly staring into the very soul of Vrak Nashar.

"You want factories. I can grant this." Dravis walked slowly around the holotable, dragging a claw-like finger along the surface. "I have friends in many places. I'm sure I could convince the Trade Federation to assist in creating some factories, perhaps handing over some of their own."

Dravis pushed one of the Aleena's chairs in, making sure the position was perfect. "I also have many resources, including a stake on this part of Geonosis, and shares in many companies. I am not short in wealth, to be honest. These two things are easy, and could be bought, whether they be through resources, or future investments."

Dravis found himself standing in front of his slave. The human shrank away from Dravis' touch, yet he still insisted on grabbing his shoulders. "Now, my allegiance... This is where our deal truly begins." Dravis pushed his slave away, assisted by the force. The man was thrown into the wall, and impacted hard. "You a resilient. You are blunt. You are intelligent enough to seek out my help."

"But there is a reason I have not pledged myself to any Sith Order. You must realize as well as I do that we Sith crave power. We all want to be the best. We all want to rule." Dravis' eyes, endless pools of black, sparkled with cinders of yellow fire.

"So, I have two questions for you, fellow Sith." Dravis kept his distance respectful, making no moves against the man. Yet, the Dark Side charged his words, conveying caution, and emotion. "What insurance do I have that you will not stab me in the back? I've seen the sacrifices of great Sith corrupted by supposed friends. I know what we are capable of, and I need insurance before I consider a deal."

"Secondly, what deal could you possibly make me that would convince me to join you? What do you have at your disposal? What power do you possess? What... favors... can you grant?" The Bith's eyes flared with dark energy.

"I am a businessman, after all. And any good businessmen know that negotiation is a double-bladed lightsaber. Deals must go both ways, yes?"

"I am not a part of the Sith Order." The Bith had likely already guessed this, but Vrak wanted to make it clear. He had no association with that particularly organization for many reason, not the least of which was their stagnation.

"Sith." He began. "Have fallen into the same cycle of stagnation that the Jedi once held."

Oh how he loathed that fact. "They sit and wallow within their own 'greatness'. They think themselves powerful, untouchable. They move through their own little kingdoms and are content to live out their lives with little more than paltry planets to rule. They are content. They do not need more, they do not hunger. They simply enjoy the status quo and sit there. Unwilling, or unable to make the next great move."

Perhaps this would not resonate with the Bith, but it certainly had with others.

"What can I offer you?' Kel had asked the same question, so had Neesa. They had both been a little more sure of his power, of the strength he could offer, but Vrak knew that even to them he was but a stepping stone.

It would likely be the same with this man, but he didn't need loyalty, only allegiance.

"The future." He told the man plainly. "I offer you a place among those that would see this galaxy kneel once more."

How beautiful it would be. "Not just one system, not just one sector. All of it."

Dravis frowned, seemingly unsatisfied by the pureblood's offer. He turned his back to the Sith, placing his cup on the table, before turning again. He had grasped the hilt of his shock whip in his hand, drawing a claw over the contours of the artful weapon.

"I know of the Sith you speak of. Stagnancy is not our way. We Sith are supposed to always grow in ambition, look to the future for inspiration and change." This was the turning point. Dravis' flowery language sharpened into thorns.

"Looking to the future constantly is one weakness of ambition. This is something I have struggled to remedy within myself. You promise the future. I'm sure this argument has worked on the blindly ambitious of our Order, but not I."

Dravis let the spool of cord spill from his whip, using the Force to curl it around in the air, in a slow display of wit and control. "I am Sith, but I am also an economist. In business, we look to the present for hints to the future. The way the credits flow, ebb, grow, recede... It is much like time."

Dravis maneuvered the whip back into it's hilt, and let a smirk rest across his face. "You promise the future, yet give no evidence to back it up. It's as if I promised you it would rain tomorrow, with no prior knowledge of the weather, and expect you to take my word for it. I need indicators of your future success."

"What are your strengths? Weaknesses? Forces? Assets? I will not follow a doomed crusade, my dark friend."

"Not again."

The words were fair. The Bith didn't know Vrak, what he was or what he held.

"In truth, I have little more than you." There was no reason to lie, not if he was going to succeed in this venture. "A world under my control, a dozen factories, a small army. No more than that."

Not to mention that the Council back on Athiss stood in his way, but that was a problem which would soon be rectified. "I am at the beginning of my crusade. Just the start. I have already begun to forge allies, others who have come to my cause."

Neesa, Savan, Kel, the others whom he had managed to recruit to his side. They were far from the most powerful Sith in the galaxy, but he wasn't looking for powerful, he was looking for what truly made a Sith; Ambition. Without that drive, without the need for greatness, there was no reason for their survival. Sith needed a cause, and that cause was conquest. None of them could, should be happy with paltry earnings of a single world. They would always need more.

"We have begun to design new ships." He took out a small holo-display and activated it. "New weapons to aid in our cause."

He let the display stay up for a few moments. "I and the others are only at the beginning my friend. Each passing day we grow stronger, we strike at our enemies in secret, build upon what we have."

The Economist's face changed little when Vrak spoke, yet his respect for the fellow Sithling grew. Honesty was a rare and valued commodity, especially in Dravis' circles. Drav could sense it, just as much as he saw it on his features.

On the subject of honesty, the Bith had honestly expected less.

He had accepted the role of the banker in the deal, giving out his services for interest in return. Perhaps he had to begin thinking of this as a true deal now. The mention of the army, and the schematic of the fancy new ship intrigued him. It even elicited an eyebrow-raise.

"I... Must admit, that is impressive." Dravis reacquired his cup of Grit, and sipped the crude contents. "... And it is all the insurance I need. You should've led off with that, my ambitious friend." The Bith laughed, the mirth rising from his skinny chest, covered by expensive robes. "That ship is something else, alright."

"I'm sure we can make a deal. I am currently in negotiations with the Trade Federation in regards to collecting a large droid army. I have made a deal with an influential Geonosian Queen. And I have more than my share of credits and economic sway." Dravis crossed his arms, the situation lightened considerably.

"Now that all the cards are on the table, I officially offer you a deal, fellow Sith." Dravis smiled, enjoying the anticipation. "I offer you two personal droid factories for this coalition of Sith to use, and my assistance in your endeavors in said coalition." Dravis reached out a hand, and clenched it. "In return, I expect a fair share in whatever we acquire, a percentage of these new interceptors, and I want my skills to be appropriately used in this group."

"Does this sound agreeable?"

"More than fair." Vrak said simply with a slight incline of his head.

The interceptors were ready to be used by now, the factories on Athiss had put them into limited production some weeks ago. He knew that Neesa had already taken one of the ships to the outer rim, recruiting a Sith there that proved to be just as promising as this encounter, Vrak smiled slightly and then began to speak again. "As I said."

He began.

"Things will be slow at first." Vrak reached back and placed the small holo-display into his robes. "We must first build up enough power to make an impact. Ships, like this Interceptor will be the start of things, but as we move along we must think...bigger."

Vrak smiled for a moment. "It is essential that for now we remain undetected, or at the very least, unconnected."

Decentralization. No one could know that they worked with one another. Though some of them might be more famed around the galaxy, no one could at the very least know that they were working in tandem with one another. Such actions would prevent the other Sith from realizing there was a new group on the rise.

"I will contact you with details." He told the Bith. "And ensure you receive at least one Interceptor in the next week."

"Will do, my new business partner. I look forward to the new frontiers that have opened for us, and our allies."

Dravis bowed at the waist, in a showing of respect, but not submissiveness. It seemed the correct call, considering the alliance that the Bith had just joined. He was fine with not knowing all the details just yet.

That would come with time. And research.

But their anonymity was paramount. If one of them went sniffing around, bigger fish would catch wind. And there was always a bigger fish.

He was overjoyed to acquire a new piece of hardware such as the interceptor. Perhaps he would set a few scientists to reverse engineer the project, make cheaper versions for his own soldiers. Another subject that would have to wait. A few seemingly unaffiliated Sith with new unique starfighters would raise questions. He would have to tread lightly.

"I may have a speeder escort you to your ship, if you wish. The sandstorm will pass soon enough. Or, it could rage throughout the week. Either way, it is for the best you leave as soon as possible. I have rivals that would love to catch some dirt like this on me, eh?" Dravis waved to his slave, that had just gotten to his feet. "Servant, bring our new friend to the speeder dock."

"Of course, master." The slave bowed, and walked out, hopefully bringing the Sith to a vehicle he could use to get to his ship, and out of the storm.

Dravis returned to his seat, and leaned back. His holotransmitter began to beep, and Dravis grinned.

Conquerers never take holidays, it seems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom