Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public The Whale (Scar Worlds)

4e41c053ed35f6fff4e53ac91f633a5c.jpg

Karybdis was one of the larger settlements on the island world of Arda, sporting perhaps a hundred thousand people. It was one of the few places on the planet where a merchant class had begun to emerge, as families came together and made nets, fishing rods, oars, clothes and sometimes even boats. It was still quite a challenge to navigate as an offworlder, for the people of Karybdis had not established a currency. All transactions were bartered for fish, furniture, wood, and whatever else might be useful, limiting traditional economic growth. Juno had come to Karybdis in search of information on Seydon of Arda Seydon of Arda because, well, it was in the name.

Juno asked of the famed monster hunter around the settlement, but few knew his name. Few seemed to know any of the rumbling outside Karybdis or the past, choosing to value the moment itself. She was directed to an Orthan, a sort of oral historian, who might know something.

"I know the man you speak of, but he is not on Arda any longer " The Orthan replied.

"Not on Arda? Do you know where then?" The Twi'lek asked.

"No. I just know that I have sent for him, and none of the Indadh, sailors in your tongue, have found him." He continued. "I do not know if time has claimed him, or if he has simply moved on, but he resides on Arda no longer "

"Wait, you've sent for him?" Juno asked, realizing the implications of searching for a monster hunter. "Does Karybdis need help?"

"Yes, but they do not know it." The Orthan replied. "My son and my son's son, they are Sendan, fisherman. They were lost at sea a couple years back while hunting the Loligo, a giant fish which can rend an island with it's fin. They were the best of the Sendan, and captured two for Karybdis, but this one was taken. I fear the invaders, Bryna'dul I've heard them called, changed a Loligo into a horrible beast. More Sendan have kept disappearing. I fear the worst."

"I see." Juno replied, bringing her head down in thought. Could she take down a monster fish like that? No, that was the wrong question. Could Karybdis take care of it if she couldn't? Perhaps, Juno had no blue savior complex, but she couldn't shy away from helping Arda either.

It was time to find a boat

Last edited:
As the seemingly clan leader of the Blue Coral Divers, at least the one of Kattada, there may be other smaller tribes of the Clan but none she had been finding. Not yet. Arda was another water world, if there were any lost Divers, perhaps they were here. Karybdis was a larger … well, could she call it a city? Coming from Kattada recently, she probably could.

She landed her ship, the Starlit Sea down at the actual docks, the vessel being as able to land aquatically as it could. She wasn't sure where to start looking, but the Brubreen hybrid was enjoy the wares. The blonde always enjoyed the local wares of different fishing and aquatic cultures. So many different uses for fish bones and corals. There were a number of gleaming corals here, but she didn't see any… wait was that a blue one?

Making her way through the shop, that was when she came across. Asking the dealer of the wares, finding out that they immigrated here to fish and take in the life style, they have been carving trinkets from coral for years. Brooke smiled and offered one of her own trinkets, a blue-coral carved turtle, as trade for a white coral sea bird.

The amphibious species, one she didn't recognize, nodded and took it happily. Taking the moment to chat, share information of Kattada and learn a bit more of Arda, when asking of magic, the amphibian had sent her to an Orthan… a term she had not recognized but seemed to understand. She was taking her time, as she had no real destination. But as she made her way towards the Orthan, feeling someone in the Force.

Something was about to happen. Who was it…

She scanned the crowd. And reached out in the Force. That was when she felt some… something twisted, and it caused to her fall to her knees.

Juno Sabat Juno Sabat

Dooc Beybey

Sufficiently Sloshed
The Bright sun of Arda stabbed his blood shot eyes as he slowly regained some semblance of consciousness. The last... well who knows how long his bender had lasted this time, were in the blood blue was he. As he forced his mind to focus he took stock at the damage this time.

Credits...? nope pouch is empty...
Weapon...? Yeah those are normally the first to go missing...
Food...? Just empty bottles of booze...
Cloths...? Just his fuzzy birthday suit...

"Ark eee otta ..."

As Dooc continues to look around he find he is the only person on a medium sized boat. From the rubbish lying all around seems like there had been some party on it last night. Searching around he finds what looks like a captains pea coat and hat hanging from a near by rail and decides put them on so he is not stark raving naked.

Walking to the starboard rail of the ship he makes out the blurry images of someone walking toward him. Still not in total controls of his facilities yet he struck a semi commanding pose and started off like in the direction of the incoming soul trying to look like he knew what the feth he was doing.

Juno left the Orthan in search of someone willing to trade a boat. Given Ardan culture's reliance on fishing, she expected to have to barter to rent a boat in the price of a day's catch plus something extra in case Juno didn't come back. Honestly though, finding anyone willing to rent a boat would be difficult, and probably only happen at the end and beginning of the day, after the fisherman had come back home. Juno thus decided the best use of her time was to head to her ship and take inventory of just what she could trade for a boat.

Then it happened.

Due to her lack of training it felt like simply a chill down her lekku, but Juno knew something was wrong. Something in the Force wasn't as it should be. The beast, was it nearby? Perhaps there was more urgency than Juno had thought. Juno then noticed Brooke Waters Brooke Waters on the floor. She walked over and let out a hand to help the woman up.

"You felt it too, I think." Juno said to her. "I'm Juno. Apparently the Bryna'dul made a weapon here out of a great whale. Will you help me stop it?"

Juno would wait for the woman's response and then comment on needing a boat for the trek. It was around that time she noticed a decent sized boat docked nearby, and an Ewok approaching who appeared to be wearing a captains hat, coat, and epaulettes.

How strange, but perhaps Dooc Beybey Dooc Beybey was just the ambassador the Force had sent for this mission.

The planet here was really nice. She liked Arda. Maybe she would have to speak to Starchaser about setting something up out here, a mission of Jedi and Witches? Could they do that? The docks here were nice, many vessels, some of types she recognized, many of types she didn't. She was looking at the boats all before she fell over. The shout in the Force almost made her shout out.

But as a leader of a Clan, she knew she had to be more reserved than that. It wasn't as if she was being struck now, but there was something in the Force, a kink, a… she couldn't name it.

Then she felt the prescence nearby, something a bit more refreshing, and a hand out to her. Reaching for the hand, Brooe smile. "There is something… I wasn't shielded." She shook her head and stood up. The brubreen's skin was cool to the touch, not rough with scales, but the mental image of scales was clear.

"They did what?"
She looked around shocked. "The world feels like it wasn't touched…" Centering herself, the woman wore a dress of leathers made from one of the larger predators on Kattada, but turned to the Twi'lek. "I can help… do we know where the whale is?"

Juno Sabat Juno Sabat
Dooc Beybey Dooc Beybey

Dooc Beybey

Sufficiently Sloshed
Dooc saw the beautiful Juno Sabat Juno Sabat come into view as his vision finally cleared. Trying to control his drunken stumbling he greeted her by removing his had and bowing deeply (as he thought a gentleman captain should as he was now dressed like one).

"Woocha ooh la la me boom boom ves cha na" He said in his native Ewok and loosely translated into (Hey there hot stuff, you wanna take a ride on my big boat).

As he spoke he pointed back to the boat he had just come from while make a strange thrusting motion with his hips. If Jono didn't speak Ewok she would have felt his intentions were happy, if a little randy and that he meant her no harm. He was hoping she would say yes, he loved Twi'leks, one of the only races other than Zelthons who could party hard enough to keep up with him.

Brooke Waters Brooke Waters

As Juno pulled up Brooke Waters Brooke Waters she noticed that there was more than meets the eye to the woman. Her skin didn't feel like skin, almost like a Trandoshan but a little smoother and a lot cooler. Juno wasn't one of the Jedi who could offhandedly say how strong a newcomer in the Force was, but she definitely had at least a little juice. She was at once a little overwhelmed yet eager to help. Was she a Jedi? She was almost too serene to be a Jedi.

"I don't know. I didn't come hear for him, but I don't think I can leave without doing something. I'd appreciate whatever help you can give me. I don't think I can do this alone. What's your name?" Juno asked Brooke. They would have minimal time to themselves before they were joined by the tiny Ewok Dooc Beybey Dooc Beybey .

"You're cute." Juno replied. She wasn't sure exactly what language Dooc was speaking, but she knew it wasn't Basic, Huttuse, Twi'leki, Trandoshan or Shyriwook, which exhausted her lingual knowledge.

"Are you saying you we can come with you on your boat?' Juno asked, before looking at Brooke hoping she was a better linguist.

"That would be lucky." Juno said, before the words of her teacher hit her ears.

There is no luck, just the Force working in interesting ways.

The blonde was aware that there was more to this world than she knew, the Bryn had done something, and it was not good. She didn't care for that. As a Witch, and a Jedi, she worried on the balance of life. People thought that Witches and Jedi would be separate cups, and they could, that was a certainty. But she was wondering if she had enough power to even handle it. There were spells she was working on, many used to tame beasts of the Kattadan oceans. They could work here.

"I can help. I am from Kattada, well, currently."
Offering a half smirk and a shrug. "Pamarthe originally. I am more than at home going after something in the waters." It was in her name, that was a name her parents chose when they arrived. It was a bit too on the nose, not to mention her own name. Many of her college friends had just called her Token, as she was the Token Blubreen in her friends. She was digressing…

"I'm Brooke, Brooke Waters."
A full smile. She turned her attention to the Ewok. She knew what it was, just not… how it was? Was it drinking? Wearing a hat? She didn't know the species to be that advanced. But well, this was a strange and wonderful galaxy.

"If he does actually have a boat, I know I can drive it. But… lets see what he brings us?" She allowed the Twi'lek to tae point. "What do you go by, anyhow?"

Dooc Beybey Dooc Beybey Juno Sabat Juno Sabat

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom