Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Way Of The Mynock (Metis Athena Elpis).

Temple of Kashyyyk.
[member="Metis Athena Elpis"]
Er6tw3E.png
So much had been happening lately regarding the greater galaxy and the Order's political situation with those outside of her temple walls, that Veiere Arenais had been forced to pull himself back for a few days and resume his temple duties as a Jedi Master and mentor to their students.

Today's agenda had him teaching a lesson in Soresu to one of their own, Veiere not certain that they'd yet to share in the privilege of a one on one session before. Frankly, he was eager to be focusing on much simpler of ordeals, as teaching @Metus Athena Elpis would bring him a much more comfortable sense of purpose than his recent venture to Taanab had done.

Standing within the sparring dojo of the Silver Jedi Temple there on Kashyyyk, Veiere awaited the arrival of his soon-to-be student for the session. In his possession were two sparring lightsabers, those of which held a training frequency more suited for the lesson. He hadn't been told what level of training and experience Metis had received thus far, so he had come in preparing to go over the basics if needs be.

Metis had yet another training session, and Metis was once again late to another training session. It was becoming a bad habbit with her although she had a good excuse. In preparation for her first lesson with the lightsabre, Metis had gone through some basic training exercises to exercise, flex and relax her body and mind. She had begun with some Teras Sai kata’s, then had gone onto a more strenuous Echani dance. Knowing from experience and her own personal training Metis knew that readying your mind for combat, even training was just as important than making sure your body was physically ready.

So in preparation for that Metis had decided to meditate. Only she had accidentally fallen asleep while doing so. So much for readying herself.

Metis ran through the halls and gardens of the temple on Kashyyk, dodging and diving through the halls and accidentally knocked a Jedi Master who was reading from his datapad.

“Sorry!”

Metis called as she raced past. Metis stopped as she took bearing of where she was, consulting her own datapad for her GPS location, typing in the designated room number, Metis sped off before finally arriving at her desired location. Albeit more frazzled than she had originally planned.

@Veiere Arenais

When [member="Metis Athena Elpis"] finally arrived, she appeared to look rather flustered, provoking a quiet chuckle from beneath the Jedi Master's voice. Veiere wasn't the type of tutor to be uptight when it came to one on one sessions, [member="Sylas Taff"] and [member="Jerek Zenduu"] could both vouch for their Mentor's relaxed demeanor. "You must be Metis?" Veiere asked rhetorically, as though stating the obvious for her appearance answered the question alone; "Please take your time to gather your breath, we have plenty of time" he smiled, gesturing with his left hand to her in warm welcome. If being late to a class was the most that Veiere had to be concerned about in his day to day, he would welcome such a life compared to the concerns that were riding on the back of his shoulders at present.

"Perhaps it's a good thing you're wishing to take an interest in Soresu" Veiere added with a grin, "As the form's all about maintaining your composure and spending as little energy as possible in your practice", the statement made in light humor with regards to the young woman's current state. With the likelihood of sparring to be had between them, Veiere had thought ahead and brought with him a couple bottles of hydro (fresh bottled natural water, chilled and void of any additives), which were seated upon one of the benches surrounding the perimeter of the training room, closest to the entrance. "Please, help yourself" he gestured to the drink-bottles in the case she had outdone herself.

"And then, when you're ready, perhaps we can discuss what experience you've had in the saber arts prior to today?" Veiere smiled.

Metis was flustered, nervous, anxious and embarrassed. She was a frazzled mess with so many swirling thoughts and emotions, that would no doubt reflect on her poorly. The last thing she needed was a reputation of being unreliable, it was the antithesis of who she was as a person. She hoped that she would be able to learn a lot among the Silver Jedi, she had found a place here. Although she still missed her family and her home planet and culture, Metis recognised that in order for her to fulfil her full potential her best bet was with the Jedi. Metis was brought out of her confused inner turmoil by the Masters conversation.

Metis allowed a shy smile at Master Veiere’s gentle teasing.

“Yes Master, I believe training in Soresu would be beneficial to my benefit” Metis realised her blundered double use of benefit. “I mean… it would help me with the balance of my training”

Metis was grateful for the chilled natural water, finding it refreshing and calming her nerves.

“ My training with lightsabre combat has been somewhat limited, I’m afraid Master Veiere “ Metis began “Although I’ve had some success with blind defence against a training drone droid, and I’m well versed in Echani and Teras Sai.”

Metis added trying to reassure the Master that she had atleast some basis in combat.

“Unfortunately when it comes to the Jedi arts of lightsaber combat, I’m not as experienced.”

[member="Veiere Arenais"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom