Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Lore The Way of Equanimity

Status
Not open for further replies.

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
Intent: To create a canonical text for the philosophies of Darth Petrichor.
Image Credit: N/A
Canon: N/A
Permissions: N/A
Links: Darth Petrichor Darth Petrichor

GENERAL INFORMATION
Media Name: The Way of Equanimity (a.k.a The Petrite Doctrine)
Format: Holobook
Distribution: Scattered
Length: Long
Description: The general goal of the text is to provide a more tempered version of dark side usage, as well as a criticism of the current beliefs of the Sith.

SOCIAL INFORMATION
Author: Darth Petrichor

Publisher: Self

Reception: There has been a very mixed reception of this piece. It is not known to many outside of the Sith, but within the Sith it is considered very divisive. Many look at it as an enlightening and refreshing text. Others look upon it as pure heresy against Sith doctrine.

FORMAT INFORMATION
The text is roughly 300 pages in length, and includes several images and drawings. The art and images within the text are a variety of symbols, representations of artifacts, and important discoveries made by Petrichor on his travels. There is rumored to be one physical copy, in Petrichor's own handwriting, but none have seen it in person.

CONTENT INFORMATION
The Way of Equanimity is a philosophical text meant to provide a new outlook on Sith philosophy. It is a lexicon of realizations by Darth Petrichor as he searched for truth throughout the galaxy. It is lined out in the form of a modified Sith code, as follows:

There can be no freedom without passion.

Through passion, I find strength.
Through strength, I find patience.
Through patience, I find peace.
Through peace, I find freedom.

The Force shall be my tool, my weapon, and my guide.

The text goes on to break down each of the ideas in sections.

1: There can be no freedom without passion.
- acknowledges the validity of certain Sith ideals. This section goes into length about where the Jedi have gone wrong, largely in terms of repressing emotion and passion.

2: Through passion, I find strength.
- goes into further detail of the previous section. It develops ideas around the finer points of the importance of emotion. Large talking points involve how emotions such as joy and love are equally part of the dark side, and how the Jedi fail to acknowledge this reality.

3: Through strength, I find patience.
- elaborates on the shortcomings of the Sith. This is where Petrichor states that following the dark side is not synonymous with becoming a servant to it. This is arguably the most controversial section of the text, as it stresses the use of control over emotions through acceptance and understanding.

4: Through patience, I find peace.
- focuses on the benefits of the previous sections. There is a strong focus on the merits of this process, as well as how one can discover new avenues of enlightenment within the Force via this philosophy.

5: Through peace, I find freedom.
- emphasizes what Darth Petrichor views as true freedom. This is a belief that, while rooted in the dark side, is not shackled by the intoxicating aspects of it. It focuses on the methods of mental imprisonment used by dogmatic institutions, regardless of their alignment within the Force.

6: The Force shall be my tool, my weapon, and my guide.
- functions as a wrap-up to the entire text. This section revisits many previous points, and reiterates the merits of this practice. It encourages Force-users (and in particular, darksiders) to seek a path to true enlightenment, freedom, and internal peace.

HISTORICAL INFORMATION
This publication exists as a compendium of Darth Petrichor's philosophical epiphanies throughout his travels. It is the result of years of searching the galaxy for artifacts, lore, and other information regarding the Force. It was published several years ago, largely by Petrichor himself. As it has spread throughout the galaxy, it has been met with mixed reviews. Despite the fact that many Sith view it as heretical, they have been hesitant to ban its distribution due to the large amount of supporters of the text. It continues to remain in circulation among dark side circles to this day.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom