Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship The Warhawk

Status
Not open for further replies.

9d131bd02cd09de1b22ce8404b1bd36d.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

PRODUCTION INFORMATION

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

• Classification: Light Freighter
  • Length: 40.8 Meters
  • Width: 32.8 Meters
  • Height: 31.2 Meters
  • Armament: High
  • Defenses: Very High
  • Squadron Count: None
  • Maneuverability Rating: Very High
  • Speed Rating: Very High
  • Hyperdrive: Yes
  • Hyperdrive Class: 2.5
STANDARD FEATURES
  • All Standard Features
  • Game Room
  • Prison-Hold
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
STRENGTHS
  • It is an all-round good ship, with above average in almost all degrees except for one.
WEAKNESSES
  • Due to being an extremely old model ship with recreated, unique parts, repairs are often slow and difficult as the parts that can fit it. Some of the parts were custom made, and when needing to be repaired, these parts may need to be remade again.
  • Kinetic Damage cannot be converted into energy by the Molecular Shields.
  • Due to its design, there is a blind point in between the 7 & 6 o'clock of the ship for the Beamrail Gauss Cannons and the Quad-Cannons. The Concussion Missiles are released from below, requiring the pilot to steer upwards the aim them towards an enemy vessel if the opponent is on top.
DESCRIPTION
Among the many ships he was given the choice to fly, he picked the one that looked the coolest. It looked like an old sea-ship and to the childlike mind of Deryn who has never seen a boat, it looked cool. The model was apparently wastes from over 27,000 years ago, often recreated for its aesthetic and also for its efficiency. The origin of the model is unknown but the schematics for it was in the air somewhere. It took a good five years to gather the credits to repair it, and another two to actually get it into condition. Deryn, ever since then, had a deep, personal connection to the ship. It is his ship, and a good captain goes down with it.

Last edited:
Deryn Kaaldos Deryn Kaaldos - So, we have a few things to go over with this submission before it's ready to be passed on for approval. The first is your image sources, while the one for the artwork used for the ship is good - you've got three images in your div coding that will have to be sourced as well. If you didn't want to link them, you're welcome to remove them - and change the div coding to be a flat background or an outline. (The header image, footer, and div background images are the ones that I'm concerned about.)
  • Model: Honestly speaking, I can't find any information on models aside from TIE Fighters and their Twin Ion Engines. Help would be appreciated.
  • Production: Limited
The Model is whatever designation you wanted to give your vessel, TIE-series is an example, as it the CR90 Corvette, and etc. As it seems like this is meant to be a unique starship, Not Applicable will probably best suit the intent and layout of your design. Now, your production rating doesn't seem to match with the rest of your submission - as everything reads like it's a unique vessel, rather a limited production run. If the intent is the latter, then we've got a few things that need to be adjusted in terms of naming scheme, description, and the like.

As it stands, your ship is overpowered by two ratings. This can be remedied by increasing the production rating to unique, which would then balance out that portion of the submission. If you're wanting to remain at limited production - in addition to some clerical changes as mentioned earlier - you will have to reduce your total ratings by two. This means you can drop one rating, twice, or two ratings, once. Naturally, the choice there is entirely up to you.

From there I have a few suggestions and questions for you. The first is a suggestion. I see that you've placed your armament and defensive capabilities in the advanced features section. As those all link to canon articles, there really isn't anything advanced about them. To make things easy for yourself and your opposition, I'd recommend (re)listing them underneath their respective ratings.

Secondly, I wanted to talk with you about your weaknesses.
  • Due to being an extremely old model ship with recreated, unique parts, repairs are often slow and difficult as the parts that can fit it. Some of the parts were custom made, and when needing to be repaired, these parts may need to be remade again.
  • It is rather slow in Hyperdrive Speed.

From a narrative standpoint, these are annoyances at best. In a RolePlay standpoint, especially one as freeform as Chaos, I'm afraid these are fluffy weaknesses, rather than one's that can be exploited in collaborative combat. TIE Fighters had no shield generators, with a limited array of weapons, but were compensated by being notably faster and more maneuverable than their opposition. X-wing's were marginally slower, but they had shields and heavier weapons complement to compensate. It's a game of give and take. Presently, your sole strength says that your ship is a good all-round ship without the weaknesses to balance it. I'd recommend taking some time to consider fleshing out that portion with actionable weaknesses that are fitting with your design.

To get you started I'll list some common weaknesses below.
  • EMP and Ion - Smaller ships tend to be disabled with Capital-grade Ion weapons, or EMP bombs strike their shields or miss the ship - but travel close enough to overload its capacitors. As you've mentioned this is an older ship - perhaps it could have cascading failures as old circuitry blows out when trying to work in concert with newer modules.
  • Molecular Shields - They only protect from energy-based attacks, so the ship's defences might crumble much faster under a barrage of kinetic weapons, including missiles, spatial debris and the like.
  • Firing Arc's / Attack Vectors - Some weapons don't cover certain areas of a starship, including the engines. While it looks like there's a pair of cannons on the dorsal surface (top) of the vessel, it's likely that if attacked from underneath - the Pilot would be forced to flip his ship over to attack them with said weapons. The same could be said of your concussion missiles, as they'd likely be fired from fixed missile tubes at the front of the ship - making it harder to attack someone when they're behind you.
The last thing is the question. I see that you've listed that this ship has an Antimatter Hyperdrive; other than a source of fuel - how do you think it would integrate with hyperdrive mechanics? ala spool-up time, overload, and the like.

1. The images aside from the ship are all of my own creation, unless you are talking about the resources I used to create them. The only exception to this is the divider, made by a fellow member of the sight I had commissioned it to.

2. I have reduced the Production Rating to Unique.

3. I have added two of the suggested weaknesses and have put in that the Anti-Matter Hyperdrive makes the ship immune to colliding with Shadow-Masses.

Deryn Kaaldos Deryn Kaaldos - As they are edited and composite images, Yes - I will need their sources linked if they are to be used in this submission. Or else they will have to be removed entirely, leaving only the picture of the starship and the post divider.

Thank you for reducing the Production Rating to Unique. That portion of the Submission is now balanced.
- Anti-Matter Hyperdrive makes the ship immune to colliding with Shadow-Masses.
- The Anti-Matter Hyperdrive distorts the mass of the ship as it travels in Hyper-Space, making it so that the Shadow-Mass of planets and the such will not affect it.

Do you have a source to back up this ability? As Antimatter was stated to be a fuel for hyperdrives, I don't think it's inclusion makes it so that a hyperdrive can ignore a fundamental function of hyperspace travel.

1. No one minds me using those images without citation as long as I don't claim the original images to be mine, such as most profiles for characters/avatars. Still, I have put in sources as per your request.

2. No, I do not have a source. It is unknown what Anti-Matter Fuel does but since you asked me what it did, I just made up what it did to the ship specifically.

Fixed, though I do have a question.

Since most Submissions are transferred to the Approved Section where they cannot be editted, how would I make upgrades to this ship if I were to add more weapons onto it?

Deryn Kaaldos Deryn Kaaldos LT-137 LT-137

1. No one minds me using those images without citation as long as I don't claim the original images to be mine, such as most profiles for characters/avatars. Still, I have put in sources as per your request.

These absolutely have to be cited - this is not an instance of the Factory Judge telling you his or her preferences. Please put the sources in from the get go next time.

Otherwise, this is approved!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom