Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Planet The Void Terminal | Grey Dwarf

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Void Terminal
Grey Dwarf

8bek7pyhsv-brovmyvv-winter-planet.jpg

julian-calle-magic-forest-002.jpg
Beam_Saber_2.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a strange and sad planet for future RP.
  • Image Credit: Planet, Surface
  • Canon: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Links: N/A
GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Planet Name: The Void Terminal
  • Demonym: Terminals
  • Region: Unknown Regions
  • System Name: Unnamed System
  • System Features: Asteroid belt, dim red star.
  • Major Imports: N/A
  • Major Exports: N/A
  • Unexploited Resources: N/A
GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION
  • Gravity: Standard
  • Climate: Dry, with a slight lean towards colder temperature.
  • Primary Terrain: Rocky flatlands, mountains, small toxic wetlands.
  • Atmosphere: Type 2
LOCATION INFORMATION
  • Capital City: N/A
  • Planetary Features: The Void Terminal: A gray dwarf planet lodged in an asteroid field, not large enough to clear it's own orbital path, with little standing water contaminated with a toxic compound. It has a mostly dry, dark rocky surface populated by plantlife that appears withered, twisted and strange fauna, and various craters from a past astrological event, typically from the debris of the asteroid field around it. The planet is mostly wild with some small settlements.
  • Major Locations:
    • Mud-Walker Village: Home of the "Walkers," a primative settlement with limited technology. The settlement is non-violent and rather dreary, matching the rest of the grey world.
    • Golem Forest: The area where Stone-Watchers congregate to discuss philosophy and degate greater problems. Most beings find these discussions to be increadibly boring.
    • The Darklands: The hunting grounds of the Bird-men. These are dangerous marshy lands with little light where Bird-men hunt at all times, even in the day.
  • Force Nexus: N/A

POPULATION
  • Native Species: Mud-walkers, Stone-watchers, Bird-men
  • Immigrated Species: N/A
  • Population: Sparse
  • Demographics:
    • Mud-walkers: A species displaced by the Rakata thousands of years ago. Once the Mud-walkers, or “Walkers” for short, were a race of sea-dwelling folk with a humanoid upper half and a fish-like lower half. They once inhabited the lush oceans of ancient Tatooine before the Infinite Empire glassed the planet, reducing it to the desert observed in the modern era. Individuals would escape this event via sleeper ship, invented in the solitude of their homes in the depths, advanced enough to transport a handful of their ancient ancestors in carbonite to the sad and dreary Void Terminal. Here they would find toxic water and small seas, forcing the species to be relegated to terrestrial dwelling. In response to this change in environment, the Walkers would begin to evolve bipedalism, their tails splitting and forming an improvised pair of legs over thousands of years of development. Unfortunately, these legs are unstable, retaining the spine-like structure that they had evolved for their past world. While this adaptation is passable, the race seems to have hit an evolutionary roadblock and has stagnated. They have also regressed technologically, being in a medieval state technologically post relocation.
    • Stone-watchers: A species changed by the Rakata thousands of years ago. Once the Stone-watchers, or “Watchers” for short, were a race of gelatinous creatures with an amorphous form, one which was young in the development of sentient thought. A sub-sect of these beings would attract the attention of scientists from the Infinite Empire, who would take them from their marshy homeworld and place them on the dry, toxic Void Terminal, where they would quickly be forgotten following the sudden collapse of the empire. Here, to retain moisture, the Watchers would evolve into a golem-like state, becoming a race of sedentary stone people. They cluster into colonies, spending their days sitting around and absorbing energy from the sun to sustain themselves. Extra conserved energy forms crystals on their rugged forms that, if large enough, will eventually break off to form new Watchers. With nothing to do but sit around and conserve their energy, the Watchers became a band of mystics, known for sitting in circles motionless as they discussed the deeper meanings of life and the cosmos.
    • Bird-men: A species displaced by the Rakata thousands of years ago. The Bird-men were a highly advanced sentient species, one which had developed sub-light travel. This allowed them to escape on sleeper vessels whenever the Infinite Empire arrived to subjugate their world, allowing a select few to survive the near extinction of their entire species. This sleeper ship would land on the Void Terminal, well before the other inhabitants of the planet were to arrive. The weather was brutal, making flight impossible, and the local wildlife proved hostile and strange. To continue to survive, the Bird-men shed their intellect, reducing to a non-sentient race of terrestrial predators, roaming the surface of Void Terminal in the dead of night to hunt prey foolish enough to tread in the darkness alone. While towering above most humanoids and sporting a beak full of sharp teeth and night vision, the Bird-men have a notoriously low intelligence, easily being distracted by bright lights and sounds.
  • Primary Languages: Basic
  • Culture: Stagnant. It's a standard sedentary culture with little in the way of religious beliefs. The population is too behind in their development to create anything.
GOVERNMENT & ECONOMY
  • Government: Simple villages.
  • Affiliation: Independant
  • Wealth: Poor
  • Stability: Medium. Stagnation and complacency keeps the population peaceful, though the seperation of villages by the hostile terrain makes overal hegemeny of the planet increadibly low.
  • Freedom & Oppression: Freedom is afforded to all, but the lower advancement of the society restricts what people can do with their lives. Most people don't wind up expressing their freedoms due to a collective feeling of pointlessness.
MILITARY & TECHNOLOGY
  • Military: Demilitarized.
  • Technology: Dark age/primitive.
HISTORICAL INFORMATION
A planet with few written records, the Void Terminal was once a location of experimental science for Rakatan Infinite Empire, were some niche and bizarre projects were carried out. None had lingering effects untill the last, when the Rakata transplanted a gelatenous species to the world that would solidify and become the first sentients on the planet, the Stone-Watchers, who would develop into slow and stagnant philosophers after the fall of the Infinite Empire around 25,000 BBY. The next group to arrive would be the Bird-men in 26,700 BBY, who arrived on sleeper ships from their previous home, which the Rakata had ransaked, rendering their people nearly extinct. Rather than retaining their minds like the Stone-Watchers, the Bird-men would go feral to survive, reducing to an animalystic state to become the apex predator of the planet. Over a thousand years later in 28,000 BBY, the Mud-Walkers would arive in their non-evolved form, having come on a sleeper ship a much further distance from the bombarded Tatooine. Here they would evolve bipedalism, though a primative form, and wind up loosing their technological advancements. From here society on Void Terminal would stagnate, with the Mud-Walkers hitting an evolutionary roadblock that prevented them from developing more advanced technology, the Stone-Watchers committed to philosophy and deeper questioning, and the Bird-men now reduced to feral beasts in the Darklands. As of the present day, the Void Terminal has not been rediscovered. All residents of the little dwarf planet remain in a state of pre-contact...

Last edited:
Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
Big Nick Big Nick

Given the nature of this submission I feel as though it is more suited to being a proper Planet Submission rather than a simple Location Submission. I can move this to the Planet Submission area for you if you'd like, but the template will need to be changed accordingly. Aside from that, very good work!

Given the nature of this submission I feel as though it is more suited to being a proper Planet Submission rather than a simple Location Submission. I can move this to the Planet Submission area for you if you'd like, but the template will need to be changed accordingly. Aside from that, very good work!
Sure thing! I'd appreciate that. Let me know when you've moved it and I can edit the format.

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
Big Nick Big Nick

My apologies for the delay! I went on a little camping trip Friday and just got back home today. Overall your rework looks great! I usually do like seeing a bit more detail in Culture but given the descriptions you've given in Demographics I don't think it's really necessary to repeat that there. The only thing I see you needing, and this is a very small one so I am sorry for delaying you this long, is that the Unknown Regions need to be linked. Other than that you're good to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom