Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Violet Sword and The Crimson Dagger

The Sith made no move to stop [member="Calico Tal'Verda"] as he charged forward. In fact he seemed to welcome the clone. The sword would pierce through not flesh, but machinery. A sharp clicking noise would sound out, akin to laughter. Calico would find himself kicked back to [member="Keziah Denko"], the lightning intensifying to paralyze the two where they were, but keep them conscious. This almost droid Sith was enjoying this torture too much to stop.

Calico gave a sound of outrage as his blade sliced through metal, not bone. He tried to yank the blade back, but the lightning was upon him once more. It wouldn't harm him, but the pain was simply too much.

Sorry cyar'ika. So sorry...

The former Grand Marshal was helpless to defend. His arms went out wide as he was thrown back hard against one of the damp cave walls. Many thoughts ran through Calico's mind. The intense pain would likely lead to a heart attack and kill him either way. All he could think about was why someone had done this, who had sent this thing, and how he was going to save his beloved.

He writhed on the damp floor, limbs going limp.

"Ni kartay'lir darasuum Kez'ika." He mumbled to himself as the pain took over. His vision blurred from un-shed ears. It all hurt, and Keziah--his girl--was going to die, or become a slave because a Sith overpowered him, and there was nothing Calico could do to stop it.

That cut into him more than any lightsaber could ever hope to achieve.

[member="Krest"] [member="Keziah Denko"]

Keziah screamed in pain as the lightning hit her sending shockwaves of pain throughout her body. She writhed in pain on the ground her glance going to Calico whom was barely moving. A hand moved to his to squeeze it gently. Tears streamed down her face not because she was in pain but because Calico just stopped moving. The man she loved wasn't breathing anymore and there was nothing she could do to help him. She had failed him. The Padawan had been too weak to safe Calico from a Sith a force user like her.

She didn't want to give up hope yet though, she couldn't give up hope that there was still time. "Hold on my love I'm going to save you," she breathed. Using whatever strength she had left Keziah threw another rock at the Sith along with her lightsaber. This was a last ditch effort to kill this robotic beast.

[member="Calico Tal'Verda"] [member="Krest"]

The Sith looked directly at [member="Calico Tal'Verda"] , tilting his head. The clone had given up? So soon? Then he looked at [member="Keziah Denko"], and her attack. The rock slammed into his chest, followed by the saber. In truth he took the attacks, curious on what the young padawan could do. The saber removed one of the machines arm, sending it flying to the side. More clicking sounded out, but not of pain. No, this Sith had outgrown pain. Hate was all he needed, pain served no purpose. He stopped the lightning, going over to retrieve his fallen arm. The clicking intensified, and his masked face looked to the two.

"... Fear ..."

The Sith then faded back into the darkness, leaving the two to what ever it was they were going to do now. The Sith had his fun, had his initial investigation of his would be foes. If these were the people that interrupted his initial attempts at breaking the population, he needed to find better mercenaries. Ah well.

Pain. It was all that registered in the soldier's mind. The cells in his body felt as if they had been forced apart, a bladed wedge being driven between them. Try as he might, he could not bring himself to think straight. The man had lost, the Sith had left on his own accord. Calico had failed.

He hadn't protected Keziah.

"Cyar'ika?" He murmured into the darkness, hands reaching up to remove his helmet. The lights had failed, and the only source of light now was generated by his beloved's blade. She had run the attacker off. She had saved him, and he had been utterly helpless to defend. The pain began to subside, but his heart hurt.

Calico sat up on his haunches, eyes narrowed as he tried to peer into the darkness. The guilt of failure--pure, uninhibited failure-- hung over him like a fog. He pushed himself up onto his feet, and pressed his weight back against the cave wall. "You...you okay Kezzy?"

[member="Keziah Denko"]

As quickly as the monster came it seemed to vanish within the shadows leaving the couple to lick their wounds.

Groaning the woman forced herself up in the darkness. The only light being the saber she had thrown which was now in the corner. Pain coursed through her whole body as her eyes adjusted to the light just enough for her to find Calico. As her eyes fluttered about the room Keziah tried to push the thought that it was too late out of her mind. He just needed medical treatment and than would be good as new.

Reaching her hand up even though it hurt the young woman wiped the tears from her eyes. It would do her no good to cry but they came once again as she heard his voice. She hadn't failed yet, he was alive enough to speak at least. "I'm ok sweetheart. How are you?"

Staggering to her feet she caught his shadow up against the cave wall and rushed as fast as she could, in her state of pain to him. She wished to just hold him but knew that he too was in pain, worse pain than she so instead she reached for his hand.

"Sweetheart, we need to get you back to the ship so I can patch you up. Are you alright to walk? Lean on me if you need to."

Keziah was in agonizing pain though she tried her best not to show it. She didn't want him to see her in pain. He had gotten the brunt of it and he needed her now and she was going to be there for him despite how much she also needed rest.

Reaching out with the force one last time she called her saber to her and clipped it to her belt. "I love you," she stated softly gently kissing his hand. They had failed but at least they still had each other that had to count for something.

[member="Calico Tal'Verda"]

It was all a trap.

The thought passed through Calico's mind as he brought his gaze up to meet Keziah's. It was clear now, the intel had all been a lie. Someone had wanted them to run into this mechanical monstrosity. That sent a shiver down his spine.

"I'm alright. The lightning just hurts, no real damage." He said with a strain to his voice. He now understood why Sith had such a reputation. "I love you too..." He added quietly as she kissed his hand. The Commando forced himself up onto his feet and retracted his vibroblade. He slipped an arm around Keziah to keep himself steady.

"We were set up. Someone wanted us dead." A hint of despair laced his voice. He had been powerless to combat the lightning, and that unsettled him.

"We should go, before it comes back." He leaned down partway and touched the brim of his helmet to her forehead. It was the equivalent of a kiss for most Mandalorians. "Thank you dear."

[member="Keziah Denko"]

"I still want to check you out when we get to the ship." She had the feeling that he was trying to hide his injuries from her and pretending to be alright. Keziah felt bad that she couldn't have done more for him and that she was essentially powerless against the Sith. She had never seen anything like that before and wasn't sure how to react but now she knew and would train accordingly. She would spend less time in the garden and more time honing her abilities.

Placing her arm around his waist she slowly began to move back towards the entrance with him. He was right, they needed to get out of here now before it came back with reinforcements. "I'm sure this won't be the last time someone tries to kill us," she said softly as she continued moving. "Today was my first encounter with a Sith and I know it won't be the last. Next time though we will be better prepared and I'll be stronger. I'll train harder." She shook her head slightly.

Today had proved a good lesson for her. She had thought her training was going well but this proved otherwise. She wasn't doing enough to keep herself or those she loved safe. "First though I think we both need a little rest and to heal up. Do you agree?" She asked unsure of herself. She wanted to train now but at the same time she wanted time with him to just be a couple. If that was even possible.

[member="Calico Tal'Verda"]

"Heh, I'd go for both dear."

There was little more to say. The duo made it to the shuttle, and quickly disembarked. Calico collapsed on one of the nearby benches, watching as the planet slowly became nothing but stars and blackness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom