Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Violet Sword and The Crimson Dagger

To say things happened by coincidence, was to say that the entirety of the galaxy had been formed by chance. History in itself has been influenced numerous times just by chance. The spiritual would often call it destiny, as is the nature of sentient beings. If something does not have a name, then truly, does it even exist?

These thoughts plagued the Chieftain of Tal'verda as the small shuttle broke through Bonadan's atmosphere. Flight control had been of little issue, the Liberty Concord had done nothing wrong or illegal, and it's members could move about as average citizens. The reason for this venture was to recover one of the Monitor's probes. This particular probe had the blueprints to ships dating back to a time when the galaxy was subjugated to one 'Rakata Empire.' Calico's idea on this Empire was hazy at best; much knowledge had been lost in the dark age, and it had already been scarce to begin with.

In all honesty, this task could have been completed by one of the many young men and women ready to serve the Concord. Calico, however, needed time away. He wasn't suited to office work, and things had begun to weigh heavy on his heart. He paid little attention as the ship's pilot, an assassin droid known as Boxer, flew silently toward their destination. He stared out at the rolling yellows and browns of the contaminated sky, and wondered why people would allow a planet to fall into such disrepair.

He set his armored elbows on the small ledge connected to the outer window, and his chin on his metal encased knuckles. There were no more wars to be fought, no more suffering. Yet, he still recalled the faces of those lost so long ago, and some even more recently.

Was this the right choice?

Doubt was a creeping chill that settled over the soldier, forming icy cracks in his resolve and dampening the spirit. He simply stared as the world rushed by, occasionally eying his helmet idly, and wondered if his beloved had awoken after the long flight. This was partly to find some time alone with her, partly to test her skill, and partly the actual objective. Of course, if any other than her asked, Calico's answer would always be the latter.

@[member="Keziah Denko"]

When Keziah thought of spending alone with her love this was not what she had pictured. The thoughts of a beach house by the ocean danced through her head. A place away from the rest of the galaxy where they could relax and be carefree. They could laugh and play in the water, build sandcastles and just be in love. A place like that existed she knew it just wasn't a dream. That however was not were the love birds were headed.

Groaning the young woman rolled out of bed. She wished that she could just stay in bed in all day snuggled up under the covers perhaps with Calico but she knew that wasn't possible. The two of them had a mission to complete. On the positive side they were at least getting some alone time.

Since the Liberty Concord he had been tied up with everything which left them no alone time. Anytime they tried to have alone time something came up. She understood, he had responsibilities to attend to so while he did that Keziah had taught herself to sew and she even learned to garden. On top of that she had training with Krest which would come in very useful day.

Dressed in simple civilian clothes for the moment Keziah found Calico glancing out the window. Stepping to his side she got on her tiptoes and lightly kissed him on the cheek.

"We should be landing soon," she mused. Turning to looking out the window as well. "What's the plan once we land?" Keziah knew he had one and she hoped to make this a quick mission.

It was funny, they were very different yet somehow it worked. Despite everything that had happened to her in the past Keziah was a passionate young woman. She worked hard too but also wished to play. He was the battle harden soldier whom didn't seem to ever quit working.

@[member="Calico Tal'Verda"]

"The plan? Walk in and take this thing, then make a bee line for one of the less populated worlds until we're due back." Calico turned slightly to face the the redhead, a bright smile on his face. All the doubt, the guilt, the negativity drained out of him at the sight of her. She was as much his lover, and it often times left him wondering if that was mutual.

"I wanted to take you to a nice resort of sorts, but that'll have to wait until the bounty on our heads is taken care of. It's too public." The Commando's voice was laced with concern as his arms slipped around her midriff. "I'm sorry dear, it was the best I could do."

He didn't truly think the mission would be dangerous. It gave the young couple a chance to slip off and do as they pleased for a day or so. While Calico loved the Concord, he would not allow its work to tear himself and Keziah apart.

The ship whistled slightly as it set down outside a massive cave system, dust swirling up outside. Long tracks from some kind of wheeled vehicle could be seen in the dust. Calico gave the door a quick glance, and held Keziah tight to his chest.

"Could be fun. We might find the prophesied galactic savior, or a kid, or something in there. Maybe the pink Laarty I've been pushing for." He joked through a big grin as the cabin depressurized.

@[member="Keziah Denko"]

They were on the same wave length it seemed. He too wished to get this mission over and done with soon. She wasn't sure what the surrounding worlds were but she knew that they would have fun together it didn't matter.

"I know sweetheart. I'm just happy to be able to get to spend some quality alone time with the man I love. It doesn't matter if it's on a beach or a dangerous mission." She smiled leaned her head against him as he pulled her closer. Keziah would like the beach resort but she wasn't going to be picky. She chose instead to cherish the time she did get to spend with her loved one. "It's almost like I have to make an appointment to get you alone," she giggled a little.

Keziah had often thought of moving in Calico's apartment with him. It would mean seeing him everyday and being more apart of his daily life than she currently was. She was very much in love with him and as such only saw the positive in this. She just well had no guts to ask him what he thought of such an idea at the moment. One day she would but for right now she was simply happy just being by his side.

"We shall make it fun and your right you never know what we may discover. Let's just hope it's something good like a treasure chest full of gold." The last surprise they needed was someone coming after them. They had enough of that for awhile.

"I'm sure after this we can find a private beach resort on one of the less populated worlds around here. We both deserve some relaxation after everything."

"Everything good takes an appointment cyar'ika." He chided, a feeling of guilt sharp as any blade stabbing into his heart. He really didn't give Keziah enough of his time. He'd need to change that.

"I'm sorry I've been so busy." He pulled away from the embrace, and smiled sadly. "I'll try and fix that. Promise." He let his arms fall to his sides, and turned toward the door. He clipped his helmet to his belt, and opened the thin durasteel sheet.

The most noticeable thing was the heat. It wasn't necessarily hot, but it was suffocatingly dry. Calico took two cautionary steps out into the dust, and stared down into the pitch black chasm of a cave. He held a hand out for Keziah to step down.

"If you fall, I'll cry. I swear. You know how sensitive I am."

@[member="Keziah Denko"]

Keziah nodded as she understood he had responsibility and couldn't just whisk her away whenever he wished. The fact that he was that busy made her cherished the moments and that they did get to spend together that much more.

As Calico stepped out she just peered outside. The heat made her glad that she had forgone the armor at least on this trip. "You sensitive?" She giggled as she took his outstretched hand and carefully stepped down into the dust.

"I'm not sensing any lifeforms in the immediate area." She could be wrong as was still learning to hone her skills but Krest had been teaching her to be more aware of her surroundings. If there was something she could handle it hopefully. Keziah wanted him to see how much she had grown. She wanted to be seen as an asset for him not a liability on missions of course.

"I wanted to go somewhere warm with sand but this was not what I had in mind," she mused as she scanned the area for anything abnormal. Keziah was out of her element here. She had been studying water which was nowhere to be found here. "I'm guessing the objective is in that cave."

The thought of something living in the cave crossed her mind but she didn't say anything as she was pretty sure that was what he was thinking. "Hopefully it will be cooler in there," she grinned squeezing his hand as she took a step forward. It was time to get this show on the road. The sooner they got out of this heat the better. It already was getting to her however the young woman dare not complain.

"Oh, extremely sensitive dear." He joked as she stepped down unto the sand. The cave was a bit foreboding, but Keziah sensed nothing, and Calico had learned the value of a force user's radar. It couldn't be shorted out, and the information was usually spot on unless you were being lied to.

But I trust her more than anyone, so it's alright.

"Only way to know for sure is if we go in."He slipped his hand out of hers, and gripped his DC-17 with both hands. Wind flowing through the cave made a sharp whistling noise as the duo strode into the darkness. Calico set his helmet on his head, and flicked its lamps to life. Pale white light illuminated the most ground. Stalactites hung from the ceiling and stalagmites shot up from the ground. Somewhere deep in the cave, running water could be heard. Calico flicked through his HUD readings, and smiled.

"We have to be the brave ones." He began, walking at a leisurely pace. The cave was much cooler than the outside. "We have to set an example for everyone else, you and I. I know you didn't sign up for this when we started this relationship." The sound of running water grew louder as they continued on. "But I had to help them....Keziah, sweetheart, if you want, you and I can run away. Take the rest of the family and go, settle down, maybe have a farm or something."

The soldier's voice was soft and serious. "I don't want you to feel obligated."

@[member="Keziah Denko"]

The cave not only was cooler in temperature but was quite beautiful as well. The stalagmites that protruded from the celling and floor sparkled as the light hit them. They were mostly white but every once in awhile she caught a glimpse of a colored one. The cave was mostly quiet except for the sound of running water in the distance. If there was something living in the cave she bet it was wherever that water was. "I bet it's a waterfall just too far away to hear anything but a drip for now."

As she walked along with him Keziah was careful not to fall on any of the rocks underneath their feet. After all Calico was sensitive and the last thing she wanted to do was make him cry. This task became more difficult as he started to speak and Keziah even stumbled a bit as he mentioned running away together and settling down but was able to compose herself before going down.

They walked in silence for a few moments as she processed all he said. Keziah did hope that one day they could settle down however she knew how important his work was to him. Keziah couldn't rightly take him away from that. "Being the brave one is nothing new to me," she stated quietly as they continued to walk. Even though the youngest in her family she tried to be brave for her brothers. She didn't want them to have to worry about her. "I don't feel obligated to be here. I'm here with you because there is nowhere I rather be. I want to be by your side to love,protect, support you." Keziah paused for a moment to look at him wondering if that was what he really wanted. "Do you really want to runaway together?" She blinked a few times still trying to process this. Keziah saw herself settling down with him in the future. This was so sudden and logically he couldn't just leave as he was the leader. "I love you. Stay or go I'm yours."

[member="Calico Tal'Verda"]

They weren't the only ones in the cave however. [member="Keziah Denko"] would be able to feel it. A dark presence, soaked with death, nothing she would know. A small clicking noise would sound out, inhuman yet still a voice. The figure would step out, slowly coming to life. The man, if you could call it that, wasn't alone. With it two.. Droids stepped out. They clicked as if they were frogs, but their misshapen figures only showed a darker twist. Eyes could be seen, one set blue, the other brown. They were human, completely flesh, but the rest of the body was twisted, fused with robotics.

The main figure stepped out fully, a saber hilt in his grasp. It was clearly male, but similar to the other machines, fused with metal. Lightning cackled around both of his hands as he continued closer to the couple. A hand would shoot upwards at [member="Calico Tal'Verda"], as if to chock the man. But the hand simply remained there, doing nothing. The man tilted his head, then clicked again. The two techno beasts ran out, charging right for the couple. They had sharp tongues and bladed hands, ready to strike.

The beautiful cave wasn't going to be so beautiful anymore.

(As per request of Calico, I have the pleasure of DMin a bad guy for ya. No, this isn't Krest. Enjoy <3)

"Ni kaar'taylir darasuum." He responded with a soft tone to his voice. The soldier had stopped to remove his helmet, simply to prove his words, when something sinister erupted out of the cave's depths.

"Shab!" He grunted, rifle spitting arcs of azure laser fire at the beasts. A few bolts would likely hit their marks, possibly burning flesh and such. He shifted his weight, standing in front of Keziah as the monsters surged forward. This wasn't supposed to be here.

"Dar'jetii, Sith! What in Corellia's Nine Hells are they doing here?!" He hissed as the Deece clicked. The clip exploded from the weapon and was quickly replaced with another. The rifle continued to rattle as it spat lethal energy bolts at the attackers.

[member="Krest"] [member="Keziah Denko"]

She silently cursed at herself as the monsters kept moving forward. One she ought to have been able to sense them coming and two they were ruining her alone time with her loved one. As Calico stepped in front of her to protect her she stepped to him side. They would fight these monsters together. She was still learning and the Force was relatively new to her still however she wasn't one to cower in the corner. She would give this monster all she had and fight him if she had to.

A quick glance around the cave showed a few stalagmites which had fallen to the ground. Using the force she picked up one after the other and threw them in the direction of the "things" inching closer to them. She was able to pick up about four big ones at a time to fling. Her eyes never leaving the Sith in the background whom she had a real bad feeling about especially as she saw the lightning coming from his hands.

A hand went to her belt as she pulled out her newly created light saber which hummed to life. Keziah wanted him to know she was the Force User in this group and if he wanted to fight he needed to fight her.

[member="Krest"] [member="Calico Tal'Verda"]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzDMlxV7Y9k

The clicking continued, even as the machines were shredded with blaster fire. They continued forward, no matter where they were shot, simply because of the Sith in the background. What was blasted was quickly repaired by the figure, metal or flesh covering the wounds. It was the stalagmites thrown by [member="Keziah Denko"] that seemed to do something. The rock ripped one of the beasts head clean off, sending it tumbling to the ground. The remaining cyborg stopped clicking, instead screeching as it suddenly leaped for the Padawan, wrenching a blade around lengthwise for her neck.

The Sith stayed in the background, a hand still up towards the cyborg. There was more going on then him just fixing the beast. It was a flick of the wrist that would give it away, for the robot, while still in midair, seemed to jump again, going right over Keziah's head to land behind both her and [member="Calico Tal'Verda"]. Only one of it's arms had a blade, but that was changed as the metal covering it's unarmed limb suddenly morphed, twisting into a blade similar to the first. The beast continued to screech as it cut wildly for the two, obviously angry. It could feel no pain, no emotion, yet it was slashing as if it was a mother who was trying to get revenge on the one who killed their child.

That clicking....Shab.

The Deece, powerful as it ways, seemed to do little but irritate the monsters. They were too damn fast. He focuses his attention on the Sith, ready to fire, when [member="Keziah Denko"] rained rocky judgement down unto one of the combatants. Calico felt a smile bristling as the attacker fell.

"Does that count as a head shot Kez'ika?" He shouted over the sound of his own weapon discharging. His armor was illuminated in sharp azure light with every bolt fired, making him an easy target to pick out for the Sith.

The remaining monster charged for Keziah. The foot long vibroblade attached to his arm sprung out with the speed of a jack hammer to intercept the thing, only to slice through air as it bounded over Keziah. It's crimson surface shimmered as light reflected from its pristine edges.

"Osik! Don't let them pin us cyar'ika." He said calmly in the same manner that he gave orders to anyone else. He didn't bother to recall the vibroblade, and held the Deece one handed as it spouted energy bolts at the Sith's position, relying on Keziah to dispatch the darksider's minion.

This proved to be a bad move however, as the monster's blade bit into Calico's backplate. The shielding made the blade skid, and its velocity was shortened when it plunged into the durasteel as the shields fell. The soldier let out a cry of pain as the blade sliced shallowly into flesh, and wrenched himself away, his own sword rising up to party a follow-up strike, Deece still emptying its clip in the other direction at the Sith.

C'mon sweetheart, you've got this.

[member="Krest"]

The padawan had raised her purple blade as the cyborg jumped towards her ready to clash with it. Her saber barely touched it as it flew overhead her. It was him trying to protect her that got Calico hurt or at least that was how the young woman saw it. He was trying to cut down the monster before it hurt her.

Her eyes filled with rage as she heard him scream in pain her glance towards the Sith Master whom was controlling the whole show. He was going to pay for hurting the man she loved. "I'm going after the Sith. You deal with his creation," she almost growled. "Nobody gets between me and my man."

Keziah turned to the Sith and began walking towards him. Using the Force she brought up rocks and threw them towards him as she continued to walk her saber raised ready to strike.

The Sith at this point had stopped bothering with his minion. With the blaster fire coming his way, one of his hands and his saber were up and active, deflecting the shots to the side. He was impossibly fast, most likely from a mixture of technology and Force. He deflected one bolt in particular, sending it back at the commando's own gun. The Technobeast fell, obviously only working through the blasts due to the Sith's connection. Without it, the creature simply fell dead.

Hopefully with the bolt that was redirected at the blaster would either decommission it or halt the fire rate stemming at the Sith long enough for his form to burst forward, his empty hand going to grab the Padawan by the throat. His hand holding the saber would point at Calico, lightning already arcing for the mans figure. The clicking noise would continue, now clearly coming from the Sith himself. It was clear at this point he was like the other machines, only perfect. If you could call it that.

[member="Keziah Denko"] [member="Calico Tal'Verda"]

"Fierfek!"

The bolts returned to Calico at an unexpected rate. Azure death flew past him in every direction, two shots hammering against the DC-17. The center of the rifle caved, and the force of the shots sent the weapon skidding across the damp floor and out of Calico's hands. Now it was getting interesting.

The Commando drove his blade into the minion's midriff just to make sure it wasn't getting back up, and turned his head toward the Sith. He and Keziah were illuminated only by their weapons at that point, resembling a distorted light show of sorts. The two were bathed in pale light as Calico turned to rush, fist and blade held back. He could feel the deadly weapon sinking into the Sith's soft flesh, and the familiar pop of bone and tendons snapping. That, however, was all blood-lust.

He was caught mid-run with a bout of force lightning. An aggressive roar forced itself past his lips as his suit's energy absorption failed, and the pain receptors in his skin felt as if they were aflame. His vision went hazy as he eyed Keziah, she was fighting so hard, and felt a pang in his chest. She couldn't fight a Sith alone. He marched forward through the lightning, and though it caused no real damage, the pain was unbearable. He collapsed to one knee, crawling with one hand through the lightning at a sluggish pace, anticipating his blade sinking into the Sith's throat.

[member="Keziah Denko"] [member="Krest"]

The young woman gasped for breath as the Sith grabbed her by the neck. It brought visions of when she was a helpless five year old and her father got angry and chocked to mind. She used to cry and struggle which never worked only made him throw her across the room and laugh only to grab her again The reminder of memories she wished to forget brought tears to her eyes yet she wouldn't cry Keziah wasn't that little girl anymore.

A leg went up to kick the Sith in the gut while she used the Force to throw yet another rock at the Sith but this time it was aimed at the back of his head. If that didn't work she had one right behind it to hit him. She needed to knock him out or something as out of the corner of her eye she could see lightning coming out of the hand that wasn't around her neck and the young woman knew it was hitting Calico. He had been through so much hurt already and now this? No, she had to keep her brave solider from more pain. Reaching in front of the stream of lighting with one hand as if to stop it she went to grab his wrist with her other hand. Pain shot through her as her hand connected with the lightning but she ignored. This monster needed to be stopped. Her force powers may be weak at the moment but she would find him bare handed if she had to.

The kick itself from [member="Keziah Denko"] seemed to do little, but it was the rock that smashed into the back of the head that caused an eerie silence. His head snapped forward from the impact, hanging low, loose. There were no more clicks from his form, but his hand was still out. No lightning came from his hands anymore. Keziah's grip would only feel robotics, a lack of flesh or anything humanoid. He would be silent for a time, un-moving.

But the clicking noise would come back. His head would snap back up, one hand going to slap the girl across the face. Force fueled his action, making his limb nothing but a blur. Then he turned both hands on the couple. They fight for each other, they suffer together. Lightning shot forth from his fingers, going to wrack both of them with pain. No, this would not kill them. His goal was not their death. Fear was needed. Fear of the unknown.

Fear this Sith would provide.

[member="Calico Tal'Verda"]

The stream stopped momentarily. The soldier's body went rigid for a moment, refusing to move. It was only the sheer high of adrenaline that made him charge up to his feet. No droid was going to hurt his girl. The heavy pistol was in his free hand, firing at the Sith's feet for fear of hitting Keziah. It was simply designed to throw the attacker off balance.

He thrust his hand back, vibroblade gleaming in the eerie show of lights as it went seeking the Sith's blood, Calico rounding about from his flank. The burst of lightning slowed him, but Calico had already found his momentum. He closed the distance, stabbing for the Sith even as the lightning shredded through his armor and began to send wracking pain through his nerves. He wasn't letting his dear Keziah be hurt, not like this.

[member="Keziah Denko"] [member="Krest"]

The slap didn't phase her one bit as she had been slapped many times before. As he let her go she stumbled backwards and fell onto the rocks. What hurt her the most was seeing the state of Calico. He looked worse for wear however he was still gallantly fighting the robot Sith thing. Calico was truly her knight in shining armor.

The Force lightning which was leaking out hit her but that wasn't something she exactly was worried about or cared about. Calico was getting the grunt of it as he was wildly, from what she could see, stabbing it. She dare not try to hurt it again with a rock in fear of hurting Calico so instead she went to his side purple blade raised to stab it too and be rid of this monster once and for all.

This needed to end because Calico needed to heal. She could see little but he was in very bad shape. She had a medical kit but something told her that wouldn't be enough. He would need healing and if she was going to do it she needed this to end too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom