Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech The Villieldr

Status
Not open for further replies.
FlamingSword.jpg
Image Source: http://img-cache.cdn.gaiaonline.com/303f6b6a02fd4d3f1d0b0f359794ff79/http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/ab226/chandler1288/FlamingSword.jpg
Intent: A personal weapon for Ylva Wolfsbane
Development Thread: If necessary
Manufacturer: Craftsmen of Midvinter
Model: N/A
Affiliation: Ylva Wolfsbane
Modularity: No
Production: Unique
Material: Durasteel
Classification: Sword
Size: One handed
Length:

Handle-25 cm
Blade- 85 cm
110 cm in total

Weight: 3 kg

Special Features: The sword ignites when it is taken from its hilt, and flames go out when it is put back to its hilt.

Description:

Created by her grand grandparents to defeat the threat of Vinterbound, who were the craftsmen of Midvinter whose crafting skills were known by the galaxy, this sword is thought to be touched by the Gods because of it’s ability to be flammable, although some of the people strongly disagreed and that people believed it was a result of alchemy, which was not that common in the Valkyri terms, and which was the accurate theory since they actually used alchemy to achieve this. According to the stories that has been told over generations in her family, it took generations to perfect the sword and make it the way that it is today, and even with the technology the Midvinter has today, the craftsmen could not create a sword that is similar to this one. Since there is only one, the old King of Midvinter gifted the sword to the family, with a promise that it would be used by the ones who really deserved it. From that day, the sword changed owners, by winning a tournament between the ones who had potential to become the new owner of the sword, as the old one no longer had the strength to wield it. Ylva won the sword after killing most of her siblings and cutting the limbs of the surviving few.

The sword is designed not to burn the hands of the one that wields it, so that the owner is comfortable enough when using it. As for advantages and disadvantages of this weapon, the sword is very effective against the Vinterbound, whose weakness is the fire itself. Also it works well against the beasts, creatures and that kind of species that are roaming in the wild, especially the ones that are scared of the fire. The sword has some kind of resistance to the lightsabers due to its nature being created by the alchemy, yet, the sword is still weak against lightsabers, energy weapons and anything more technological than itself in the long run. And deflection of blaster fire is impossible using the sword.

[member="Ylva Wolfsbane"]
By flammable, I assume you mean the sword ignites on contact, or burns, other entities/objects the blade comes into contact with?

Is this done via force imbuement/alchemy?

Yes I meant that. So, when the sword is taken from its hilt, it ignites and starts to burn. And it's flame goes out when it is put back to its hilt.

And it is done via alchemy after generations of work :)

[member="Braith Achlys"]

Ylva Wolfsbane said:
Yes I meant that. So, when the sword is taken from its hilt, it ignites and starts to burn. And it's flame goes out when it is put back to its hilt.

And it is done via alchemy after generations of work :)

[member="Braith Achlys"]
Please elaborate on this in the description. (Both that it ignites what the blade touches and is achieved via alchemy).

I'd like to mention that a byproduct of alchemy and force imbuement is generally resistance of some kind of blasters, lightsabers, and so on, but I'm more than willing to let this lack that strength.

[member="Braith Achlys"]

Done.

So can the sword be somewhat resistant to the technological weapons but still weak against them in the long run? Made some more edits according to the last sentence you said, giving the sword a bit chance in a duel with lightsabers. But still it is weak against the lightsabers and will be broken if a battle exceeds with those kinds of weapons.

Let me know if it's alright for you :)

Ylva Wolfsbane said:
[member="Braith Achlys"]

Done.

So can the sword be somewhat resistant to the technological weapons but still weak against them in the long run? Made some more edits according to the last sentence you said, giving the sword a bit chance in a duel with lightsabers. But still it is weak against the lightsabers and will be broken if a battle exceeds with those kinds of weapons.

Let me know if it's alright for you :)
Works for me. Seeing as how this is pretty much a vanilla sith sword-esque weapon with combustion imbued into the blade, I'll be stamping this for secondary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom