Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Umbral Knights (COR Force Order)

ulpaod77485.png
G93tmyD-grg.jpg
Ceremonial Armor of the Umbral Knights​
What Are They?
The Umbral Knights are the government structured and controlled force order of the Confederacy of the Outer Rim. Created first as a royal force of knights for Kesh itself the Umbral Knights extend their strength to the COR now instead of simply Kesh as part of the push for a greater place in the galaxy. As such this remains as a neutral based order with no ties to the light or the darkside. Using the former home of the Doomed, the Umbral Knights exist with the singular goal of keeping order in the Confederacy and protecting its planets from internal and external threats.​
Why Join?
As a completely separated order from both the Sith and the Jedi, as well as being a (semi) non-canon order with some connection to the Doomed from Kesh's planetary history. As such why you should join is because there is no canon order for which your character to be restricted by in its thought process. While being tied to the Doomed of Kesh, they only retain one ideal and that is Balance and protection of those around them.​
This means one thing in particular though. You will help shape the course of the Knights, and as such your involvement will be far more important in its overall creation than in other orders that already exist. You will also be the ones to craft the order's home and further be the ones who are the leaders for those that follow you. While furthering the ideals of the order.​
What are the Ideals?
That is a perfect question. As i stated above, you as a member will help shape these ideals, but there must be something for a basis and that is also what i can help with. Protection, Order, and Balance.​
Those are the ideals of the Knights, but let me expand to help you further see.​
First, Protection.​
You are to operate as a shield while an Umbral Knight as well as a sword. As an Umbral Knight, your place in the order is to guard and protect your comrades as well as the populace of the Confederacy from external and internal threats that could bring harm to thoses around you. Its a simple Ideal, one that allows for Knights to craft their own understanding of their place in the Confederacy as well as a basis for their actions.​
Next, Order​
Just as above your duties is to be there to help protect the people of the Confederacy. But this also means keeping Order and stability. While not responsible for planetary police work, the Umbral Knights are given privileges by member governments to do just such or more importantly keep any rebel activity in check. This is of course a far viewing idea but as per their status they are given these liberties to help keep the Confederacy strong and together without outright restricting the rights of the populaces.​
This last part is important. The Confederacy is not a totalitarian government and as such the Umbral Knights are not given the right to overstep the rights of its people. Any knights that do would face a civil trial for doing such and are also held accountable for breaking rules of war.​
Lastly, Balance.​
The Confederacy is built on the idea that the worlds of the galaxy must work with each other to become strong. As such to create a balance between the people of the worlds, a balance in trade, and most importantly a balance between the member planets. You get the point i hope.​
As part of that the Umbral Knights are built on the idea of a Balance in their order. This means they are not influenced singularly by the Sith or Jedi and most importantly, are not allied with either. Their duty is to uphold the balance of the force as well as the balance of the galaxy. Never to let light or dark become the only side to exist in the galaxy. This means the members of the Umbral Knights may choose which ever side in foreign wars that fits this ideal.​
Why Non Canon?
The Umbral Knights are suppose to be a member made and evolved group. And holding it to a canon structure always seems to restrict the growth of orders and their purposes while causing them to fracture and split. This is what is hopefully avoided by being non canon.​
There is a secondary reason though, and one you may have noticed.​
The structure of the Order itself does not yet exist. It is up to those people that want to be here to create a stable order to help craft their place in the Confederacy. As it stands the Umbral Knights have not true order and structure to how they are built. Perhaps they will become a council based order like the Jedi, maybe a singular leader like the One Sith, or perhaps a simple Triumvirate.​
That is why this order is non canon. To give its members the freedom to create a home that is Unique to them.​
Questions?
If you have questions, post below and tag me, i will answer the best i can and if you wish to join, click on the Confederacy of the Outer Rim signature i have below in my signature, it will bring you to the Confederacy's forums where its a simple click away before you join.​

[member="Solan Charr"]

This faction is dope. If I wasn`t already in a faction I`d join seeing as my char holds similar values, and also uses a shield and sword(ish).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom