Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Trial of Community

Draven Asterisk

Jaded Prince of Ansion
053468923deec3bc5660a7d43f34502f.jpg

Ansion's disbanded Unity Council laid before the throne of the newly crowned prince, weeks had passed by before Draven could figure out what was best to do with the those who had murdered his family. It had happen so fast that he was left gasping for air as his chest tingled with pain and suffering, trying to take into concept the news he had been told. He was not known to be an evil man, or self-righteous, but today he was sure he himself to drop the blade on the necks of each of the men that stood before him.

This, however, would look bad for the prince, and even though this was his first act as the new leader of Ansion, it was probably going to be his first time killing someone. Well, being the holder of the life or death. Sure, he could set each man in a cell, let them rot to death, but what would that say about him? He could kill them, each, beheaded, just as his father might have had it been their son's death they stood trial for, but again what did that say about him? Insecurity was rising in the pit of his stomach, turning the acids that broke food down as it threatened to rise up to his throat and out his mouth.

These were only the few things taking his emotions, and rattling him like a tiny tree in a bad storm. A voice in the back of his head called for him, a woman, but not familiar to him. It culled him to join her on a planet he did not recognize. His fist closed shut, making his knuckles white as he fought back all those little voices in his head distracting him from the here and now.

Public, the trial would be held here, each man allowed to testify his story, and Draven to listen, and decide their fate. After this, talks about what to do with the neighboring major governments moving in closer would be held in private by his tutors, and advisers. Somewhere slouched, the prince sat on the throne more relaxed now as he thought about that business. How he dreamed to see worlds, with his eyes not in his sleep. Years ago his father had destroyed the Unity of Community, creating the Ansion Reformation, also known as the Bloody Crowned.

From there, people either loved his father, or wanted him dead. It only made sense that one of these men, the leaders of the Unity, had killed him, if not all. Only when they were brought to the throne, and placed before him would he find out. Till then, those who wished to watch were welcome to come, sit, and watch.

Draven Asterisk

Jaded Prince of Ansion
How long had time passed, minutes, maybe even hours before the five men and one woman of the Unity Council was brought before him. They were sat in chairs in front of him with their backs facing the crowd. Stripped to the publicly acceptable essentials, chains hooked to one another from their legs and feet. They all starred deeply into his eyes, and he back at them. Something was off, something was very wrong as they seemed almost...too confident, what about though was the real question.

"Are these really necessary prince?" The woman, Clara, finally spoke first as she lifted her arms and jingled the chains in front of her.

In his eyes, the answer was obvious.

"Yes, you are prisoners, not guests of the Ansion Throne. You will remain chained until you are found not guilty."

The men scoffed at this, and rustled their chains in attempt to annoy the prince. Draven would not budge, even if from the voice in his head, to the rattling chains began to make his skull cracked, he did not want to look weak among the people watching. He was the leader here, he was in charge and he would not let others take that which was left to him by his parents.

"Clara, Fedrick, Tarsan, Geophio, and Vardi. You are being charged with the murder of the King and Queen of the Ansion Reformation, and treason to the crown to which the punishment is death, or imprisonment until dead. How do you plead?"

Each said not guilty, each still held to the stoic look of confidence as before. Each had something they wanted to say and none of it would work for Draven. His rule would be short lived, and he did not even know it. Today the crown would fall, a prince dethroned, and the Unity restored. Ansion would be great again, and not imperialistic.

"Clara, Fedrick, Tarsan, Geophio, and Vardi. You may each give your beginning statements, starting in the order you were called out. Begin when ready. Standing is permitted, and walking around the court room is allowed. For now."

The woman first stood up, clearing her throat, and looking around the room before she even began to turn around.

"Ansion...I am the eldest of the Unity Council. I, more than anyone here, was deeply hurt by the betrayal of Asterisk. When they first appeared before us, they told us they would provide great things for us. That we would prosper, and grow into a planet as big as Coruscant. They told us lies, over and over again each time they spoke. When they took over, threw away our old ways, and presented us with a crowned thrown...they had indeed changed us. Much blood shed was given that day, but even thru all that pain...Asterisk brought us to a new unity, Unity under the Crown. We did prosper, we did grow, and we did become closer. Even thru all that pain, I was able to see that this was good. Revolution was good, even if pain and lost came with it. Each member of the council was given much land, and power within their property. We were shown the respect we deserve at least."

She began to walk around the room now, Draven's eyes never leave her as he listened closely. Why was it that she spoke about his parents like they were an object? A single entity..

"I supported Asterisk's rule with all I could, regardless of my hate...I did not want to see more bloodshed. Besides...I knew the council would not be able to go up against such a unified force that was the Ansion Crown."

Draven stopped her right there. "Is, Clara, the Ansion Crown is still unified. Please, continue."

"Yes, prince. So it would seem. I am a weak, and frail woman. I do not have the money to even pay an assassin to assassinate a king. I am innocent because my loyalty is to Ansion and if the Crown is Ansion, then that is where my loyalty is."

The crowd murmured to themselves, all questioning and commenting on what she had to say as Clara sat back down. It was a good speech, it almost made Draven feel like she was truly innocent and meant what she said, but then again...any criminal would say anything to get out of trouble. Right?

Draven Asterisk

Jaded Prince of Ansion
The trial continued with Caral sitting down, and with the rest of the men nodding back at her. What did that mean? Paranoia was beginning to rear it's ugly head out, and Draven was slowly shaking from the stress. That voice, it would not shut up. Suddenly, Fedrick still sitting, spoke.

"Asterisk is a blight to Ansion, I despise everything dealing with them! They took away what was ours! Stabbed us in the back, and tainted our ways. This was our home!"

Draven stood up, now in enraged. "This is still your home! You will lower you voice or be taken out of this room Fedrick! Now if you can calm down enough, and keep a leveled voice, please continue." Sitting back down, Draven realized his body was veraciously shaking, and his face was warm. Something like a urge itched in the back of his skull now, something he had to do.

"Regardless of all these things I feel," His voice now much calmer, Fedrick continued. "I am no traitor to my world, and if my world is under Asterisk, than I am under it too. As Clara stated, they have done much good after murdering many of our people. If I could kill the Asterisk, I would have, but I am not strong enough."

The prince was beginning to have enough of this, what were they talking about.

"I have had enough with your cryptic speeches. You speak of my parents have they are nothing but an object, a thing. Explain yourselves at once!"

The people chained both looked at each other surprised now, making even Draven surprised.

Draven Asterisk

Jaded Prince of Ansion
Silence fell upon the throne room, only but soft mutters gently brushed the prince's ears, but not ones from the crowd before him.

Come to me, come to me, come to me, come to me, come to me, come to me, come to me, come to me, come to me.
Dathomir awaits the return of it's children, even you little one. He who is without a home, he who is without a name, he who is but is not. I beckon you to come, I demand you to come. It is the only way for you to find who you really are. It is the only way to make you whole.

His breathing became erratic, the words, the voice...it was so much at once, but he love it. He enjoyed the culling tone of it's voice. It knew him best, it knew what he wanted. The calling was higher than that of a crown, or a prince. Whatever these people were talking about, it mattered little to Draven now. He simply wanted to get to where the voice wanted him to be.

Standing, the prince moved towards the center of the almost now in a trance. Everyone watched him as he moved towards the prisoners

"Take your Ansion, and Community."

Without more words, the prisoners were released, and the prince continued to leave.

"Prepare me a ship...something space worthy. I wish to leave this place...that is my final command as prince of Ansion Reformed."

Gone, all behind him now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom