Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Training Montage

IGqn8QU.png

Tags: Takumi Tikotzki Takumi Tikotzki

“... And that my friend is why training in unarmed combat is so important.” Cyran finally concluded over a decently long winded explanation and lesson on the merits of learning martials arts and not being too reliant on blasters or other such weapons.

However, once my Cyran felt as though he was boring his new apprentice. It had been a few days not since he’d picked him up off of Nar Shaddaa and since then has dragged along Takumi across several planets to make sure that all the legal nonsense was taken care of and turning him into a full fledged bounty hunter, at least on paper. Now like he promised, some of the real fun can actually begin.

The two of them were on board his second and much larger ship. An old Baleen-Class heavy Freighter, named The Pinky Express. It too has a vibrant pink exterior like his YT-2400. They were situated in the large forward cargo hold where he kept his smaller ship with plenty of room to spare for other such things. The two of them stood on a large training mat, something you’d find in a gym. Off to the side was a large closed container that had some equipment

Cyran himself was wearing some simple track pants and a tank-top over his torso. He couldn’t help but pull a comparison in his mind to when he started training under his wife on how to be a better fighter and mandalorian. Now here he was with skills to offer. Felt kinda unreal to the zeltron.

“Well now Tic Tak, why don’t you show me what you got? Just have at me.” Cyran as he got ready in a more defensive stance wondered if he needed to provide some motivation. “See if you can follow up your claim at the bar on how much of a hard worker you are and how dedicated you are to becoming a bounty hunter. Or do I need to insult you again?” He added with a smirk.

Takumi Tikotzki

best looking bounty hunter at your service

Training Session

Tags: Cyran Vaas Cyran Vaas
Planet: //
Ambience: Sci-Fi combat music
Clothes: Training clothes
Gear: //

Cyran was right. It did become slightly painful listening to his presentation on the topic of hand-to-hand combat. While he was at the beginning very attentive, his concentration disappeared slowly but surely, though he tried his best to stay focused all the time. Fortunately, he caught the important parts of what Cyran said and tried to keep those words in his mind. With that being said, Takumi was more than relieved, when Cyran was done talking about that topic. "Understood" he replied with a yawn following up his reply. It was unintentional but he couldn't hide the yawn.

Like Cyran, Takumi also dressed differently for the occasion. Wearing some very tight training gear, that wouldn't mess with his flexibility or acrobatic style. "It will be my pleasure!" he replied with a devilish grin looking at Cyran. Unlike him, Takumi went into an offensive stance, having his strong right leg forward, his left leg a little behind, he raised his fits, near his face, to prevent any incoming fists from having a go with his face. By his stance Cyran could already see, that Takumi had more of a boxing style, but as he would see in a few moments, it was more of a 'street thug' fighting style he was using, since that's what he learned on the streets on his homecity. "No need for that mate" he quickly replied to Cyran. "Ready?" He asked, but didn't really wait for an answer.

A few steps coming towards Cyran, the first thing he did, was faking some offensive strikes, moving his upper body quickly and shortly towards him, but stopping instantly. Then after his last pretending act to punch, he quickly did a jab towards Cyran's face followed by an upper-cut with his right arm to try landing a punch on Cyran's chin from below.

jab-rightup-leftup.gif

(only one upper-cut not two)

IGqn8QU.png

Cyran began analyzing Takumi’s movements and stance. Recognizing the boxing style not too dissimilar to his own when he started training in hand to hand combat. Cyran himself took on a much more old timey boxing stance, his arms stretched out some. A byproduct to him often fighting with a helmet on and thus not really needing to protect his head as frequently.

He was glad to see that Takumi was trying to fake him out with some faints and seemingly jittery movements. Even if their techniques seemed rather crude, and clearly influenced by the streets there was a method to it he discerned. Flinching some from the quick face jab Cyran got hit by it but lessened his flowing with the recoil some. However, since his arms were already in a low guard he was able to block the incoming uppercut with his own forearm, thus saving his chin.

Stepping back from Takumi he grained himself some distance. Since he was mostly trying to gauge how he fought he wasn’t looking to retaliate much. He took some side steps to circle his opponent. Seeing the boxing influence in their movements Cyran was thinking he could better teach him his own hybridization of boxing and Teras Kasi. After teaching some hand to hand lessons he had a little surprise melee weapons training planned as well.

As they trained some of the handy droids that Cyran had on his vessel approached some. A duo of pit droids, a security droid, and R4-P4 his trusty astromech. The four of them sort of formed a mildly interested audience for the two of them.

Cyran himself eventually performed a strike of his own. A rather telegraphed haymaker to see how Takumi would handle it and in the travel from his fist to Takumi's face leaving himself wildly exposed for some kind of defensive counter if they could pull it off.

Takumi Tikotzki

Training Session

To his surprise, did the first jab hit the target. He wasn't really sure it would hit, but therefore the upper-cut was a failure. But that was only the beginning. A little warm-up you could say. While Cyran tried to gain distance, Takumi tried the opposite, always trying to reach, since after all, that was his current goal. To hit Cyran. Because of that, Takumi didn't really get the idea of defense, therefore Cyran's haymaker did hit him. But Takumi was a quick learner. This punch didn't let him give up but made him adjust. So every time he tried another haymaker, Takumi would raise his arm, to make the punch go into another direction, outside of them both.

Takumi was intensely into the fight. Because of that, he didn't notice the Droids, that gathered around them to watch the fight. Takumi just kept going. So he ran towards Cyran trying to get through his defense with pure strength and momentum he gained through running towards him. Maybe a little ballsy but Takumi just used everything he knew and wildly threw it at him, in order to cancel any attempt of striking, Takumi just kept blowing punches wildly at him. He did have the stamina for it.

IGqn8QU.png

Cyran ws glad to see his mock opponent adapting some to their fight. Such as blocking some of his clumsy haymakers. Eventually Takumi seemed to get into some sort of spree. Kinda getting into a reckless purely offensive combo possibly with the hope of overwhelming. Bobbing and weaving his head and torso around to avoid the majority of the strikes. Cyran would soon follow up with something of a special “signature” move himself. Something he’s used in his prior instances of unarmed combat.

Stepping in closer and pulling his arm back from the elbow in a low position. He opened his fist revealing a palm and wrist before performing a quick and hard undercut type of strike but not to the face. His palm strike would land right where his chest and stomach met in the center. The strike was mostly used as a way to sort of stun an opponent. Forcing all the air out of their lungs and leaving them literally breathless and needing to gasp for air if even for a moment.

Even with an impressive stamina it could be thwarted from the shocking sensation that you’re instantly suffocating. Pulling his arm away Cyran would step back. Still defensive if Takumi wasn’t going to take a moment to catch their breath. Taking some deep breaths before speaking. “Not too shabby my friend. A little crude but far from unworkable. I’m sure with a bit of training you could hit as hard as my wife hehe.” After he said that, he realized that it could be seen as more of an insult than he intended. Cyran’s significant other is quite possibly the toughest person he knows. Sorta leaving things ambiguous as to who actually wears the pants in the relationship. “Eh, I think that came out worse than I intended. I’m sure if you met her you’d understand what I mean.”

Takumi Tikotzki

Training Session

Takumi became more and more unsure about his style of fighting. Since Cyran somehow easily avoided many punches and took some without being affected too much. He could clearly see how well trained the man in front of him was. And then suddenly.

"OOF"

Takumi got hit, with Cyran's secret technique. Stumbling backward, he fell on his ass holding his chest with one hand. It took a moment before Takumi caught his breath. "Dank Farik! What was that?" he asked quite impressed with this maneuver Cyran's just pulled off. Slowly he got up on his legs again. Sweat dripping down his cheeks, splashing to the training mat. "Ouch!" he said and chuckled a little bit. Guess Takumi figured he was only trash talking. "Who did you marry? A female Gammorean?" he replied. Maybe a little backfire from Takumi. In any way, he started laughing a little, while still holding his chest. Of course, he was only joking too. "You've got to teach me that move though Cyran. Please!". That move was just too slick and badass not to learn it in his mind.

He went back into his fighting position. He thought the training wasn't over yet. "So you've got a wife, eh?" he asked with his focus laid on Cyran. "She ok with you being a bounty hunter? Wandering around mostly, living in a ship?" Maybe this was getting too personal for Cyran, but Takumi didn't really care about that. Cyran took him as his apprentice and somehow the two of them had to get to know each other in some way. Might as well do this while having a little brawl and getting taught some new moves. It's been sometime now since Cyran arrived on Nar Shaddaa, taking Takumi in. In the near future, they would probably also work together for some bounties. They have to trust each other. And on Takumis side, trust wasn't there. At least not complete trust, otherwise he wouldn't have accepted, flying with him and living in his ship.

IGqn8QU.png

After seeing that his move worked and that Takumi wasn’t gonna try and rush back into the fight, Cyran lowered his guard and smirked. Chuckling some at his remark about marrying a gammorean. He’ll explain the maneuver he just performed and also try to answer his question.

“Well firstly the missus is human, nothing super funky you know. She’s probably the toughest person I know, responsible in large part for building up my own martial skills. And she’s very understanding of my career path. Hell we met during one of my own hunts a night I’ll never forget.” After speaking he walked a bit closer to Takumi to try to inform him on the strike he did.

“Now, for the little palm strike I did, It’s not flawless and might not even work on certain opponents. Really only humanoids, and ones that aren't wearing armor unless you can somehow generate a serious amount of force.” After that Cyran pointed his finger at the center of his torso. “Right around here where your ribcage meets your stomach. You might be familiar with a lifesaving technique for someone who’s choking where you compress it to clear them up.” He then opened his hand and exposed his palm. “It’s simple biomechanics, you’re a lot less likely to hurt your hand with a hard palm strike, which is why I used an open hand. That with a properly aimed and hard strike to where your ribs meet your gut and you could essentially knock all the air out of your opponent.”

Cyran explained, hoping it made sense and that Takumi understood what he was saying. After that he turned away from Takumi and stepped to the edge of the mat they were on closer to the watchful droids where he leaned over a large container and started looking through it for something. “So that’s just one of my “special moves” I use on occasion. Basically stun your opponent and leave them literally breathless. Shoulding cause any serious damage though you could unintentionally break a rib.” He said before he stood back up with a long narrow item in each hand. Before turning back to Takumi to show them. “Hope you don’t mind that I took the initiative to pick up one of these for you as well. Probably one of my favorite weapons as a bounty hunter, especially when you’re up close and personal.” Cyran said as he showed off the two Force Pikes, simple but deadly sword length vibro weapons. He handed the new weapon over to Takumi to take as their own. “That’ll be yours to keep. I was thinking we could train with these some. Of course on its lowest power setting. I would disappoint a fair amount of women in my life if you accidentally bisected me and I lost my lower half hehe.” Cyran said with a slight laugh. So what do you say? Maybe see if you like handling a Force Pike?”

Takumi Tikotzki

Training Session

"Lucky you, I guess" Takumi replied. Lucky indeed, not every partner would accept this. Now when Cyran explained his technique, Takumi listened carefully and placed his hand right where Cyran explained. "I see" he said quietly to himself. He gave this a little bit more thought. "So, I'm assuming that fighting isn't always about pure strength? Technique and the right striking points matter most?" he asked then. He never thought about fighting this way. It was a new way of thinking and definitely would open more possibilities for Takumi, since he's not the pure muscle kind of guy.

He watched Cyran, as he walked towards a container that he searched through. "I mean, broken rip isn't that bad if it's not you having it. Gotta do everything to win and survive, right?" He took a quick look at the weapons, Cyran took out, before he took one out of cyrans hand and inspecting it closely. "Thanks, mate. Those could come in handy" he said and swang around a few times, to check its weight and handling. "I don't mind at all, I'm not really used to such weapons. It's about time I think, I learn a little how to handle those kinds of weapons, so I don't have to rely on my fists all the time" he chuckled a little about cyrans comment "Good thing, your wife didn't hear that"

IGqn8QU.png

It was true, Cyran was a pretty lucky guy. Not too often could someone find and marry a charming “herbo” who was also very understanding of the freelancer lifestyle that he had. “That is correct, sometimes it’s an unassuming lady or gentleman that knocks you on your ass and not some bulky bodybuilder. Also attitude and behavior can go a long way too, especially as a bounty hunter. Remember, you win every bounty you capture, and not every fight you come out on top of. Depending on your target there's a good chance you won’t even need to raise your fist to them.” He explained, trying to answer his questions. Of course strength and physical trainers can help a lot. Simply knowing a technique can only help so much, but if your body isn’t honed it might not accomplish much.

And all this doesn’t even take into account technology that can augment your capabilities. With Cyran’s old mandalorian crush gaunts he could reliably punch through or significantly dent durasteel plated armor. Seeing Takumi swing around the Force Pike, some Cyran nodded. “Yeah, in our line of work it’s nice to have gadgets for all sorts of situations. These weapons make for excellent lethal and non lethal melee tools. They can reliably stun a raging wookie if need be or slice through a locked door even. And if you are ballsy enough and skilled, hold your own against a jedi, sith or whatever with one of their lightsabers.” He said, trying to put in perspective that Force pikes could serve like multitools in someone’s arsenal.

Laughing back at Takumi, Cyran would reply. “Perhaps, like I’ve said, she's very understanding, more so than just me living like a nomad. But also to the hectic love lives of zeltrons like myself.” Afterall monogamy wasn’t a very popular lifestyle among most other zeltrons. Even then the fact that Cyran was married to a human, and quite loyally, was kind of a matter of mild contention within his own family.

“So if you train some with our force pikes we could work on some simple drills. Just make sure that their intensity is at the lowest setting like I said.” As Cyran did some practice swings and flourished himself with his own more “field tested” force pike.

Takumi Tikotzki

Training Session

Takumi looked at his mentor, with huge interest. Cyran's words circled through his mind, as he then quietly responded due to him, still thinking about his words. "I understand" Seemed like Takumi had to rethink his whole approach. Cyran was more experienced, so he believed what he said.

He continued listening, as Cyran now talked about the force pike. Though he has never seen one before until now or heard about them, Cyran did a good job commercing for it. What he said, instantly made Takumi like this weapon. Light, deadly and could be used for more than just fighting. A dream of a weapon. "That's pretty cool. I'm definitely gonna use this!"

Looking at Cyran, he raised an eyebrow. "Didn't know you guys were like that. Quite surprising I gotta say" In that sense, maybe both of them had something in common. The only difference was that Takumi was still pretty bad at flirting. Takumi was still young, so thinking about marriage never came into his mind. Not for long at least. But he was also more of a guy, that wants no boundaries and things that hold him back. Therefore relationships weren't really something for him, for now. Maybe he just hasn't met the right woman for it. Who knows.

After Cyran repeated to put the intensity lower, he took a look at the weapon, before he found a button for it. After he found the button, he of course pressed it, making the intensity being lowered to the minimum. "Done!" he said and held the weapon in one hand, the front part of the pike looking towards Cyran. "I'm ready. Teach me"

IGqn8QU.png

Cyran was certainly pleased that his apprentice was listening to what he had to say, a little worried that he would need to convince him further on the merits of weapons in their hands. “Alright now what I’m gonna try and teach you shouldn’t be seen as some flawless method that works all the time. Like any martial art, some have strengths and weaknesses in certain aspects. Right now we’ll look into going against someone with a similarly bladed weapon.” Cyran began to explain.

For the first part of the little lesson Cyran would start off with explaining how to properly hold the Force Pike in two hands not to dissimilar to it being some sort of long sword. Next would be the stance. Balanced and well grounded to make use of the natural bio mechanics with their similarly functioning humanoid bodies. With that through he would start to explain how to act when the blades start moving. “Okay, So now might be a good time to explain, fights especially with nasty weapons like these. Think of them less like drawn out brawls and more like a fast shot out between gunslingers. Likely ending as soon as it began. It’s all in the binds and is about leverage. Watch, here let us clash our weapons as so.”

Cyran would try to move with Takumi to have their weapons met in the middle of each other and halting. “Now watch and feel.” He would begin to move his own force pike up and down along the length of Takumis for them both to get a feel on the differences in leverage and the control of the bind afforded to them. “Control the bind and you can control the fight.” To further explain where he was getting at and to hammer the point home he Move his Force Pike up so that the bind was closer to his own handle and giving Cyran superior leverage to rapidly overpower Takumi’s weapon out of the way and slide in a quick poke with the end of his Force Pike sending a distressing jolt of energy into from the weapon into their shoulder. After which Cyran stepped back, “I imagine you have some questions?” He asked perfectly content to answer any his apprentice might have.

Takumi Tikotzki

Training Session

Takumi listened carefully to what Cyran said, regarding the use of the force pike. While listening, he tried to imitate what Cyran did, especially with how to hold the pike, and the stance for better usage. He thought about what Cyran explained, but would only ask his questions after Cyrans explanation. Therefore he remained silent and watched, as Cyran showed him what he was saying. Cyran pushed his pike away, and therefore Takumi got hit. Luckily, the pikes were on a low level, so the shock was acceptable for him. He felt the shock and through that, his muscles cramped a little bit. After this was done, Takumi of course had questions, so now was his time to ask.

"So, if I get this right, a fight with pikes should be quick?" he asked. "Also, should the focus in such a fight be, to control the bind more, rather than attacking? Every time I lose control of it, try to get it back, rather than attack?" This was a completely new area for him, so he still had some problems regarding the way of fighting.

"I'm not sure but, if the bind is closer to your handle, it means, you got the superiority cause you can have more force due to the short distance? Does that make sense? So distance is also important right?" he added as an additional question. After his question, he raised his pike again. Maybe Cyran would show it in praxis not theory.

IGqn8QU.png

Like Takumi, Cyran also listened intently to what they had to say. Afterall part of this experience was partly for Cyran himself to learn how to teach and in a responsible manner. Something he was admittedly unfamiliar with. Nodding he would attempt to answer their questions. “To answer your first question, yes, you’re likely not going to want to draw out a fight, unless you wanna experience some kind of exhaustion.” After that Cyran thought for a moment on how to answer his second question.

“Hmm, that’s a good point, I suppose for the purpose of our lesson right now, yes. Since the bind can serve you in multiple ways. Firstly blocking an incoming attack. Being able to feel the state of the weapons through the leverage as well as know it’s position relative to you and attempt a possible counter by seizing the moment. That’s why the bind can be so important, it can lead to a counter attack. I hope that makes sense.”

LIstening some more to Takumi he watched as they raised their weapon once more for Cyran to show what he meant in more ways than just with words. “So let me demonstrate why having your hands closer to where the weapons meet can afford you better leverage.” He said before raising his force pike to meet Takumi’s. Once more, pressing the two lethal rods together. Gradually move where the weapons made contact towards the end of Takumi’s Force Pike near the tip of it. At the same time Cyran brought where he gripped the weapon closer to the bind. “Now feel it and watch, In a state like this I kinda have control of your weapon.” He explained by also moving Takumi’s blade off center or into an awkward position for him. “Like this I could sorta just knock your pike aside, and maybe slide in with another pike or a slash. In a vulnerable moment like this I would probably advise that you pull back some, and gain some distance. Here now you try it with my pike, get it to where you have the superior leverage and see how you can control my pike.” He said, stepping back and presenting his pike for Takumi to bind with once more. “Like I said earlier though these things can happen in the blink of an eye, that's why we train, to familiarize ourselves with recognizing attacks and remembering what we have at our disposal so it becomes second nature.”

After all in the heat of the moment or even during an intense stress test form of sparring it’s not hard for one’s training to go out the window. To Cyran at least that’s why he found it important to try and train Takumi like how he was currently instead of just sparring match after match. It wasn’t super helpful to learn by constantly getting pummeled and not explaining why. He wanted his apprentice to get familiar with the idea that even though the force pike was a weapon, it offered just as much in defense as in offense. He knew that it was a very new way of understanding combat for Takumi, Cyran could sense that even without his emotional telepathy, and thus didn’t want to overload him with information and complex maneuvers.

Takumi Tikotzki

Training Session

Takumi nodded quickly, as he made sure for Cyran, that he understood, what he was saying. With the topic of quick fights now being understood, Takumi tried to memorize this fact, for later on in real fights. While stamina is indeed something, Takumi possesses in huge amounts, he understood the reason to quickly overpower enemies, yet in his mind he thought about the possibility, to make fights lasting longer, while fighting in a less exhausting way with a force pike. Maybe this was something, he would ask later on or maybe see for himself.

Takumi raised his pike now again, and let Cyran explain again. With some time, he could actually feel how everything had a sense to it. His pike has pushed away with ease it seemed. "I think I understand now" he said. After he was done explaining, Takumi again raised his pike to Cyrans direction. "Soooo...kind of like doing a reset?" he asked, as a response to Cyrans explanation to taking distance. While asking, he did what Cyran asked as well, sliding up and down with his pike to get a better feeling about the weapons, and where he would have the leverage. With time, he gained some sense of where he would have it. "So those are the points, I should be going for" he said to himself, but could also be understood as a question to Cyran.

Like Cyran also mentioned, Takumi had to get some training hours in for himself, memorizing all this, to get better and faster at it. The theoretical talk was important, but now it was probably up to Takumi, to repeat, repeat, repeat, until those slow movements, became movements known by heart. Like a dance that had to be learned by repeating it every time and with this, every dance was faster, better, and more precise. So when he was done with getting the feeling of the weapon, he himself tried to push Cyrans pike away, by using what he just had learned, though his pushes weren't exactly on point, they were close to being at the important points, where he had the leverage.

IGqn8QU.png

Cyran was very much glad that Takumi was understanding what Cyran was saying, and also glad they weren’t discouraged from using the weapon and using it. Having somewhat expected them to feel that melee combat was some sort of archaism that only “force cultists” were stuck using. While instead there’s actually plenty of reasons still folks like Cyran and Takumi would want such a weapon in their arsenals. Not to mention melee combat has a certain level of “rule of cool” about it.

Hearing his apprentice seemingly speak out loud Cyran nodded before feeling their weapon against his. Feeling as they got a better angle to take more control of Cyran’s own weapon through their own. Then he suddenly felt his weapon shoved away. “Nice nice, now here’s where things might sound a little discouraging. Sadly in a real fight or even a stress test between us with Force Pikes. That a lot of the proper form and way to go about can kinda get tossed out the window. Since you can’t really rely on your opponent to get into a bind with you to work around.” He explained some, Cyran himself is far from a master, maybe not even instructor worthy. But again that also stresses the importance of practice. “But in time with some hard work you’ll learn more maneuvers. Different guards, angles of attack, and counters. Then with all of that knowledge of the weapon and how to use it. You’ll be able to draw from it, string methods together and improvise. Fighting like this can sort of be seen as a conversation or an argument. Especially in training, where one of us can engage with a maneuver and the other can reply with their own maneuver. So in time your methods and maneuvers can be as natural to you as speaking a native language.” After saying that Cyran brought his hand to his chin and thought for a moment.

“Huh, I suppose learning a new style of combat is actually a lot like studying a new language in more ways than one. Where you can slowly acquire new words, and ways of speaking and writing as you advance your study much like learning new maneuvers with a force pike. After all, you wouldn’t wanna have a serious debate with an alien if all you know how to say in their language is asking where the bathroom is.” He explained, hoping again that Takumi understood what he meant by that. Essentially what Cyran has taught him now is the martial equivalent of asking where the bathroom is in a new language. He supposed that was something Takumi could think over in their head for a bit.

“I think that’s where we can end our lessons today. Hmmm.” Cyran looked over at the rather bulky security droid that made up part of the small crowd of spectators that watched the two of them. “If you want Takumi, if I’m not available to help with practice or sparring you can also call on one of our mechanical friends here too. They might not be perfect but they can help a lot too. Even now if you want, I can hand off my force pike to them if you wanna work on what I’ve taught you today. Since I need to plot our ship’s course here for our next destination. I hope you like pod-races.” Cyran said with a friendly smile.

Takumi Tikotzki

Training Session

Takumi listened carfuyll to Cyran. Takumi understood very good what Cyran was trying to say. In a real fight, you just can't expect people to fight in a similar way, people use any tricks and mostly also their own style to fight. So Takumi gave this a thought. "So improvising, would be a great help? Also knowledge about many other combat styles, maybe to find weaknesses. I see what you're trying to say, but to be honest, that only motivates me more, to learn more about other styles of fighting. If someone doesn't bind with you, you gotta figure a way out, to either force them or try to overpower them in different ways, I mean that's primarily why this pike here is so cool, you can actually use it in many ways. Sooo there isn't only fighting and brute force involved in fighting, right? Technique and constant thought about the positioning and movements of your opponents are all important. I never really thought about all of this in a fight" For Takumi it was clear, that he not only had to keep on training what he just learned, but he also had to learn more about what is important in fights.

Takumi agreed with Cyran. He really had to get the movements and learn them until they were like instincts. Like a smooth flow, he would follow. Therefore he nodded. His comparison with languages was all too funny for him though, as he giggled a little. "The difference being, that speaking won't hurt you when you do it with others" he commented, but he also had to add to this thought experiment. "So if we would go further with that, would that mean, that learning and maybe finding more synonyms for some words would be kind of like learning different techniques to counter some actions? Or maybe find new techniques for the same outcome? Like a new technique for disarming for example?" Maybe he was interpreting too much into this, but he found himself liking such ways of thinking.

As Cyran told Takumi, that this would be it for today's lesson, he lowered his pike. There was no meaning to it holding it upfront. "You know what? That's a great idea Cyran. I'll be putting some more hours into this. I wanna get better. I'll be here if you need me" he replied, but when Cyran mentioned pod-racing, Takumi's eyes lit up, like burning flames. "Pod races?! Hell yeah! I used to participate in pod races back in my hometown!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom