Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public The Trail of History

Open Tag I suppose, never done this before

The archives of Kamino were among some of the most carefully guarded secrets in the world. Herein lay the work of Master Cloners, something that could change the very course of galactic history. The terminal Yuan Ji had access to was supposed to be linked in to a wealth of scientific and historic knowledge kept over the course of centuries. One reason that his tuition at the old university had cost so much was supposedly enhanced access to these databases. Yet even thi data was all too complete, even with credentials from the New Taun We University the obvious search terms led to dead ends.

"Falon Grey, X1, X2, Rham Kota,"

Jedi Knights and one Imperial warlord, but almost nothing of details. Barely any biographical details had survived the centuries, and nothing about the details of the cloning process were in this archive. Therin the problems, the problems with the breakthrough that had eluded some of the best minds of the Master Cloners. The development of a stable cloning process for Force Sensitives. The new frontier in genetic engineering was no untrod ground, but the steps were missing. He couldn't even find the name of the Clone Master that had been in charge of the X series project. That in itself was highly unusual, Clone Masters were normally a matter of public and business record.

It was possible that some of this information still existed within the Kaminoan Archives, governmental or otherwise. It was impossible to be sure without new special clearances. The only way to acquire those would likely be through means beyond the normal channels. Yuan Ji sat back in his chair and began to think, could there be more left to find here on Kamino, or was his search for information going to have to take him off the waterworn world again?

Yuan Ji Yuan Ji

Wendell Mortimer Glolmark was sitting onboard his personal starship, in orbit above the planet Kamino. He had been directed here by an underworld contact of his. In particular, he had been directed towards a young, but ambitious cloner named Yuan Ji who was supposedly desperate enough to do some… less than ethical things for funding. Wendell certainly had some projects that would require a cloner’s assistance.
Wendell instructed G-Alpha to contact Yuan Ji via hologram. Now all he had to do was wait for Yuan to pick up on the other end.

Ji's communicator beeped with the sound of an incoming transmission, new coded, linked to the business side of things rather than the research side. Looking around the room to make sure there was nobody watching Ji tapped a quick function on his communicator and allowed a small blue hologram to open up on the desk.

"You are someone new," Ji tapped his fingers upon the desk as he waited for a response, "Is this is a business or academic call?"

Yuan Ji Yuan Ji

Fortunately for Wendell, Yuan quickly answered his call. A blue hologram of Yuan appeared on the desk in Wendell’s office. In response to his question, Wendell said
“This is a business call. I am Mr. Glolmark. I have called to hire you for a task involving your talents. It will pay significantly.”

"Is this about my credentials in material acquisitions, or in the cloning sciences?" Ji was always interested in earning credits

However, accepting jobs in his capacity as a cloner was always a questionable route. Ji kept most of his proprietary work in cloning carefully guarded, the secrets of Kaminoan genetic engineering were not something simply given nor simply sold. If Ji had wanted to make money as a cloner and give away his secrets that would've been done a long time ago, so he very carefully considered the transmission given to him.

"Is this about my credentials in material acquisitions, or in the cloning sciences?"

Yuan Ji Yuan Ji

Yuan seemed slightly apprehensive when asking this question. Wendell was vaguely aware that cloning was taken very seriously in Kaminoan society. Perhaps he would need to re-evaluate his approach? After thinking for a second, Wendell began speaking again.

“This is about cloning. A few months ago I obtained some… interesting creatures. I have attempted to perform cybernetic modifications on them, without any success. Their bodies seem to be rejecting any sort of implants beyond basic control chips. Perhaps you could produce a few clones of these creatures which would not reject implants? If not, I may have a job which would use your other skills available. It would pay less though.”

Last edited:
"If I wished to be a cloner for the sake of various projects, there were many jobs on Kamino to take. The liabilities that come with working contract as a cloner are not to my liking. What of your other job, then?" Ji asked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom