Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Tragedy of the Coruscant Queen (see ooc)

Akilah Samara

A
The man didn't mean her any harm. Of course he would say that. Who wouldn't say that? Then again, she was unarmed. If he wanted to kill her he could have just shot her by now. Plus he held up his hands, put down his weapon. The woman too, spoke softly. Introduced herself, asked if she was okay. Asked her name, headed closer.

"My name's Kila. Akilah." She said, and started putting together memories. "I'm a Grad Student at Obroa-Skai, I was in room 347, and I'm okay. I mean, my leg hurts, and I'm bleeding, but I'm not dead. I'm gonna be okay. I'm gonna be okay." Akilah said, seemingly reassuring herself and not necessarily the people she was with.

"Do you know what happened? Or why we crashed? I just kind of woke up and here we were." Maybe they knew something. Maybe they didn't. Either way they seemed to know what they were doing. No harm in asking. She thought she'd stick with these two, at leas until she knew what was going on.

[member="Nate the Bounty Hunter"] [member="Irajah Ven"]

X30-20G

"When life gives you lemons, you sell them to the
The droid stumbled out of the Cargo bay,it's raspy,monotone voice ringing through the halls, "Heeeeeelllloooooo,anyone there?" The droid continued to look around,seeing nothing but corpse after corpse,burns covering many of the bodies. "Man,these people look worse than a SHIPWRECK." the droid wanted to laugh,but remembered it was incapable of feeling anything but pure pain. So it continued stumbling,as it passed through hall after hall,yelling, "C'moooon,there has to be someone I can say that pun to before I run outta power."

All Sareen could hear was creaking and metal crying, the downed ship was slowly falling apart, fast. The Trandoshan knew he had to get out as quickly as possible, but he did not know how far away he was from the closest makeshift exit. From his view point he could se no heat spots that indicated sunlight, the only heat signatures from over heated metal, fire, and passengers who had survived. The crash hadn't completely rendered Sareen useless, but his back wound had opened up and blood was soaking his his clothes. His only good eye wasn't damaged, thank the scorekeeper, but he was in immense pain.

Slowly he rose, wincing as the muscles in his back moved, making the long jagged cuts rub and chafe. The air was thick with dust, giving the Trandoshan's lungs are hard time to respirate, but he continued so, even through the coughing. His acute hearing could identify voices, but he was still more concerned on getting out of this hell hole. Once he had pulled himself up into a slumped stance he began to move out of the doorway that had been partially warped due to the crash.

The middle-aged humanoid sstumbled across the mangled floor covered in misplaced decor, torn pieces of the ship, and bodies. The scene did not disturb the hardened slaver, he was no pure one. In his Cartel days this had been average, of course he had been on top whipping those like these passengers into submission, rather than being an unarmed injured victim. It did not feel good to be on the other side of these things, and with the new crime ring he and a former associate of his were setting up, he would soon be back to his area of expertise. Now was the time to get off this planet as fast as possible, if anyone knew him they could turn him into authorities of planets and factions that did not condone his actions as well as the Hutt Cartel had.

As he moved through the trashed hallways he heard, crying, as if a young child, choked with poisonous gas, was weeping for their lost parents. At first he tried to ignore it, but his sharp hearing would not let him tune it out. Sareen growled as he backed tracked, intent on making that infernal noise stop. After two more minutes he had to stop, and take big deep breaths, the air was more cogged with particles in the air, harder to breath for almost any humanoid, including a Trandoshan. But that noise would not stop, and it drove him crazy, he did not have a weapon to put the miserable alien out of it's misery, but he had claws, the scorekeeper's gift to all Trandoshans. One way or another this being was going to shut up.

After a few more minutes of tracking the voice he found the body it belonged to, a woman, a fairly unlucky woman at that. She was trapped beneath a saabac table. He looked around, none of the heat signatures from the others were hot enough to be taken as not critically injured or dead. The Trandoshan walked towards the trapped woman, he gazed at her face before speaking a word. Despite his vision being heat based he could see every contour, every curve of her face, she was indeed beautiful, but roughed up none the less. Sareen growled, "Your death will come ssswiftly, a mercy from the ssscorekeeper hersself." He raised his clawed right hand, but he could not bring it down. It wasn't right, no true Trandoshan hunter would kill helpless prey, it was un-hunters-like, and would bring negative jagganath points when he reached the afterlife, something he did not wish to have on his conscious. The Trandoshan sighed as he pulled the table with his great strength, average for a Trandoshan, but far greater than any normal human. He eventually lifted the table off the woman's leg and his arms came to his knees, wheezing from the impure air, "You," Sareen caughed heavily mid-sentence, "are free to go."

[member="Cait Falcor"]

[3]

Kyne glared at the light emitted from her torch, then barked loudly through the echoed room when a figure shot across the hallway from a doorway on the lefthand side to one on the right. Without warning he bounded in the same direction, fur on end, which had Kyra rushing after him without any real certainty of what waited on the other side.

From down the hall a voice sounded, but she was more intent on what her pup' was doing than the other survivors in that moment.

"Please... No..." The voice, so tiny and frightened, gave her paused as she entered the room and saw Kyne towering over a small body. The owner of said body was flat on their back, glancing up with ridiculously wide eyes. A child. Just a child, no doubt frightened by the sound of their approach and the glare of the torch.

She stepped closer, beckoning Kyne back to her side with a sharp click of her fingers. The ease at which he backed up, his muscles rolling under the strain of self control, was a little unnerving even for her. She settled a hand atop his head, without glancing away from the child, and tssked.

"And we'll have no more of that, boy."

With a huff of hot air she blew a strand of hair from her face before extending a hand down to the kid. He was only little, about eight or so by human standards though he most definitely was not human. "He won't hurt you" she reassured, when he stared at her hand dubiously. "You have my word."

A tentative hand rose just an inch, and she took it within her own to help the boy to his feet. "You alright?" she asked, glancing him over for any obvious signs of harm. She was no medic, didn't really know what to look for, but he seemed okay. He gave a slight nod, before pulling his lips together. She knew that sign. Something was most definitely wrong.

With a sigh she kept a very light hold of his hand and nudged her head in the direction of the door. It barely looked any different even though the room was upside down, nice big doorways that they were. "There are others, would you like to go to them? Maybe we can find your... parents?" Too young to be traveling alone, he had to have somebody with him.

"B-Brother..." came the smallest voice she'd ever heard, to which she gave a nod.

"Your brother then, lets see if he's there, okay?"

His hand tightened in hers, though he gave Kyne an unfriendly look, and together they made their way from the room and back into the hall. She offered down the torch - her only real source of light - to the boy. "Know how to use it? Now I'm trusting you to light up the way, okay? Keep your eyes up and off the floor, I'll make sure you don't stumble on anything."

Give him a distraction from the bodies. It was the best way she knew.

As they finally rounded the corner, the boys head held high yet his lips trembling, the torch lit up a couple of fellow travelers in the distance. Kyra didn't usually work with others, preferred her own company unless [member='Connor Harrison'] was around, but she knew this situation was dire. Every man for himself wouldn't work out here.

"Everyone okay?" she asked, squinting to try and get a better look. Two women, one man. The girls looked a little worse for wear, though there was little she could do about it. Not a medic, remember. She cast her gaze down to the boy. His lips were pursed, a very sour look on his face. Obviously he didn't recognize them.

"We'll find him, okay? What's your name, Kid? And his?"

"Tobiak" he said, barely loud enough for even Kai to hear much less the others. "And... And he's Jarek."

She gave a nod of her head, and loosened her hand in his just enough that he could step away if he wanted. He didn't, if anything he clung on to her hand all the more.

"Alright, Tobiak. But we have to look for others, too, okay? Make sure nobody is left behind."

Looking across to the others, Kyra took a few steps closer. Kyne, at her heel, glanced over the trio and sniffed the air. Apparently he didn't sense any hostility from them, because his ears settled back down and he lazily rubbed his maw against her trouser leg.

"I'm Kyra, this is Kyne... And Tobiak. Do we have a plan?"

[member="Nate the Bounty Hunter"] [member="Irajah Ven"] [member="Akilah Samara"]

The clicks over her comm link were coming in with longer and longer pauses between them. Irajah frowned to herself, worried about [member="Cait Falcor"]. But the current circumstances made finding her a challenge. Where was she even supposed to look?

Irajah and [member="Nate the Bounty Hunter"] 's thoughts were on the same page in some ways, but very different in others. Her mind was clicking through everything that needed to happen and it what order- and it was a forgone conclusion that they were going to need to split up if they were going to get through the ship in anything remotely resembling a timely fashion.

She shook her head at his question, but didn't answer right away, waiting for [member="Akilah Samara"] to answer. She watched the younger woman carefully, only relaxing slightly when her answer was lucid (if a bit distressed. Reasonable). While she couldn't be sure without a full look over, she didn't think the young woman had a head injury, and everything else seemed relatively minor. She was clear and present, moving okay, and no gushing bleeders. From a triage perspective, Irajah was comfortable mentally marking her as a non-emergency walking wounded.

"You are going to be okay," Irajah reassured her with a sincere smile. "None of us knows what happened yet. But we'll figure it out."

But Akilah needed a job. She needed something to do, to feel like she had some control over the situation. Without a task at hand, it would be too easy for panic to set back in.

The arrival of the disembodied voice from before, accompanied by a small child and... a kusak hound? interesting.... made part of Nate's question before moot, which was just as well. She turned to [member="Kyra Sol"] as the strange group approached. Keen hazel eyes flickered over the trio, looking for obvious signs of medical need right now, but fortunately, they all appeared, if not well, as well as could be expected given the circumstances. They all also got green lighted to be checked out *later*.

She was about to open her mouth when a familiar voice called out of her ear bud. IRAJAH! Promenade!

The dark haired woman actually visibly flinched in surprise. She reached up, pressing on the subvocalizing strip at her throat. Only Cait could hear the reply of Hang on, I'm on my way. Stay with me, okay?

​Promenade, promenade- had she been there? Just once, the first day when she'd been shown around. It was towards the stern- closer to the engine room and the opposite direction from the medical bay which was up towards the bow.

She snapped her attention back to the present. She liked the matter of fact way the new comer, Kyra, asked if they had a plan. She nodded, crisply.

"I'm Doctor Ven- Irajah. Everyone's okay... enough. Stable. And here's the plan." She looked over at Nate, catching his eye. She'd only known him for a couple minutes, but she already knew he wasn't going to like it. Really though, it was the best course of action given the circumstances.

If she had known about the blaster bolt ridden body, she might have thought twice.

"I'm going to head towards the stern, start looking for survivors and send them up towards the med bay if they are injured, or to help if they aren't. If any of you have working comms, let's use channel six-three-oh to coordinate. I don't think we can count on the ship's internal system here."

​She paused, handing the portable laser cutter and fire extinguisher to Akilah. A job to do. She looked up at Nate.

"You and Akilah stay together-" she realized belated that she didn't know his name. That would have to wait. "If you are up for it, look for survivors, but we have to start putting out these fires. If we leave them burning, it won't matter if people survived the crash."

Hierarchy of needs. Not being on fire was pretty high up there. And of the six of them in this hallway, only two of them needed protecting based on her (admittedly quick) analysis. And she simply *couldn't* be saddled with watching someone while she was looking for Cait and other survivors. She needed to have her full attention to devote to them. She offered a nod to Nate and pointed at the gun belt. She was armed now, after all. In his way, he'd *already* protected her. She turned to look at the newest trio.

"I'll grab another extinguisher on my way back and tackle any I find in that direction. Kyra, right? You should grab one also. There's at least one emergency door in every hallway, if the ship was up to current safety specs. If your son is up for it, keep him with you," she didn't stop to consider the assumption, "if not, get him up to the Med Bay - it's two doors down from the control room- and have him wait there. It should be safe- as safe as anywhere is. We need to put out fires as we find them and find the wounded. We can figure out what comes next once we do those two things."

Of course, Irajah didn't know everything. Natural limitations. She didn't know that somewhere on board was someone (assuming they survived) who had filled another passenger with blaster bolts. She didn't know that the air scrubbers were failing in the stern end of the ship.

And no one knew yet that the Med Bay doors had been locked closed before the crash. That inside, even if they could get inside, the room had been completely wrecked. The lone bacta tank, shattered, the pink, lifesaving liquid spread across the floor. A fire set in a cryocreche that had been filled with supplies before being set alight. Before the crash, someone had deliberately destroyed the most important pieces of equipment in that room, deliberately.

They'd find out soon enough.

"If anyone finds a fire too big to control or some other problem that puts everyone on the ship at risk, let everyone else know over the comms. But don't wait. Get off the ship. In an emergency, take care of yourselves and whoever is closest to you *first*."

She looked at them all, wondering idly if they were going to agree- but not really caring. It was the only reasonable plan based on what they knew. She didn't want to be in charge- in fact intended to not be once she knew everyone who was alive had been accounted for- but something had to be done, and Irajah wasn't the sort to wait around for someone else to figure it out when she already knew what needed to happen.

"If anyone runs in to trouble and can't, for any reason, speak over a comm, double click it. It'll alert everyone that something has happened. After you double click, wait, and then click once for bow, twice for midship- here in the passenger area, or three clicks for stern. It's imperfect, but will let anyone in shape to help know where to go. Pass along that code, as well as the comm channel, to anyone who won't be staying with you- either because they need to be moved to the med bay or they are going to help put out fires and find the injured."

She paused, breathing in deeply. "Good luck and stay safe, okay? We'll meet up again soon."

Resettling her med pack on her shoulders, she headed sternward, as she'd said. Her goal? The Promenade. She didn't understand the urgency behind Cait's use of her first name (she'd always called her Ven, or Mockingbird before). But something about it deeply unsettled her.

Of course, half the ship was between her and her friend. And Irajah was going to do exactly what she'd said she'd do. Look for survivors. Put out fires.

Triage. And move.

I'm coming Cait.

((ooc: this is a great time for the groups to start finding the characters who are lost/injured and a good way to get everyone involved in some way faster. :) ))

While meeting her gaze, he would take in everything [member="Irajah Ven"] said, sucking it up like a sponge. His job was simple enough, but he wasn't 100% on board. Now would be probably the best time to put on his armor, but it be distracting and that wasn't a very good thing as they were all receiving jobs that needed completion.

The fact that the first person he knew was going off, by herself, armed with a single blaster pistol, troubled him immensely.
One: not to point out the obvious, but she was rather small, (anyone compared to him was small)
Two: she didn't look like the type that would last very long, but he already knew that she was incredibly intelligent, and brains usually beat brawns.
Three: there was half of a burning, corpse ridden ship that was falling apart. Sure, she may be force sensitive but he had a feeling that her reflexes were not as fast as someone who trained for hears to always be on top of anything that came their way.
Four: the heat from the multitude of fires on top of the crash would have put most of the support beams at their breaking point, literally. Metal tends to become weaker when super heated, and the fires were doing just that. She could step on a weakend floor, and plummet four stories into a storage facility. And he would not be there to catch her.

All of that was what he was thinking as he simultaneously processed her words, imagining the areas he would be going through. As he speech came to an end, he would catch her as she pointed to the holster he gave to her. But now was not the time to worry about her, as she could most likely (hopefully) handle herself. Setting his jaw, he would look at those around him.

"Alright, you heard her. Keep your eyes open and your ass down!" Nodding at [member="Akilah Samara"], he would shoulder his rifle and give the doctor a salute, preparing for what was ahead.

Akilah Samara

A
Put out fires. Look for survivors. Simple. She was so good at finding survivors she had already found four other survivors. Well, they more found her, but Akilah decided to be confident right now. And putting out fires? Well, it wasn't the safest activity per se but she could work it out. How difficult was it to use a fire exstinguisher? If she was in chemistry instead of politics she'd probably have already put out a dozen fires of her own making.

Then again, that thought didn't reassure her as much anymore.

But she could do it! And this fusion cutter thing didn't look that complex either. She'd be a bulkhead cutting fiend if there were trapped behind walls for anything. Akilah smiled for a moment. She had this, she was gonna help, and they were gonna be okay.

"Alright, you heard her. Keep your eyes open and your ass down!" Young scruffles ordered, and Akilah decided to think it was the crass nature of his business rather than some sort of illicit commentary. He carried himself as if he were in a surlier business than her own. The lady though, the Doctor, she didn't. And yet she still commanded his respect. Heck, she still commanded him. Akilah guessed that while most people didn't have it some most certainly did. And [member="Irajah Ven"] seemed one of those.

Not being a bounty hunter or soldier Akilah didn't give a salute back, but rather a nod. Salutes were procedure, exclusive, something that if done incorrectly were disrespectful. And while the yet-to-be named gentleman toted a blaster and there were blasted beings in the hallway Akilah had came from the young man hadn't earned her disrespect. Far from it, he was taking point and protecting her, a woman he had just met a few minutes.

Wait.

This guy, he wasn't a murderer. At least he didn't seem the type to murder in cold blood. Someone else had shot those people, and the others should know. Akilah should have told them before they split. Adjusting her personal comm to channel six-three-oh she pressed the button and spoke into it, hopefully the signal going out. Perhaps it was damaged though, and they only heard garbles. Crash and all.

"Hey, I forgot to tell y'all something, I'm sorry. Before I found you guys I found some bodies, maybe half a dozen. Most were banged up by the crash, but a few had blaster scoring on them. I'm not expert, but they can't have been more than a day old. Someone's out there." Akilah spoke to the group, though Nate the yet-to-be named Bounty Hunter would hear it naturally being a couple meters away. She knew she was panicked when she saw them, but that wasn't an excuse. She just hoped none of them had run into trouble yet.

But Akilah and Nate would run into trouble soon enough as they rounded the corner. Perhaps it was [member="Sareen Zar"], or [member="X30-20G"], or [member="Galen Adina"], or [member="Logen Brunner"], or [member="Lilith Sedarri"], or the killer! Maybe one of those names was the killer! Who knew, but one thing was certain.

[member="Nate the Bounty Hunter"] and Akilah would run into something.

[member="Kyra Sol"]

The Coruscant Queen
Heading Sternward

[member="Akilah Samara"]'s voice came crackling over Irajah's earbud a minute later, after she was already out of sight.

"He-, I for*-* to tell y'all something, *m sorry. Before I -bbbzt- guys I found some bodies, maybe *~zzzcht0*. Most were banged *p by the cr-zchzt*, but a fe -xxxxcht- had blaster scoring on them. I'm not expert, but -*bzzsssst-been more than a day old. Someone's *-* there."

"Oh. wonderful," she muttered to herself. While there was some sort of interference coming through every couple of words, enough of her message came through for Irajah to get the gist of it.

Maybe the crash hadn't been an accident, after all.

She pressed her throat, subvocalizing her answer over the chosen comm channel. It really was a handy tool.

"Copy that Kila, and thanks. Everyone watch each other's backs. Irajah out."

Of course, no one was watching her back. Maybe she'd made a mistake. It occurred to her for just a heartbeat to go back and rearrange the groups. Then she shook her head. They didn't have much time before the ship's air started to become unbreathable from the fires. The atmosphere scrubbers should help stave it off, but not forever. Every minute they wasted was a minute closer to them having to abandon anyone left on the ship completely. But with all of them working toward the same goals, they might be able to get the fires out and find all of the other survivors. There was no way to know, of course, how much time it would take. But less groups and time wasted didn't sit well with the sense of urgency that was driving Irajah now.

It did slow her steps a little though. A new, different kind of caution coloured her views now as she checked first before going around corners, ears straining to pick up not only sounds of survivors, but also sounds of someone who might have less savory intentions.

Two intersections down, Irajah picked up a new extinguisher and cutter. The pocketed the later, tucking the former up under one arm. The red emergency lighting that lit up the floor offered a grim illumination as she swept the hallway.

As she came to each room, she'd peer in, eyes sweeping and cataloguing. Many of the rooms were empty. Some weren't. In each case she'd go in, and check the bodies. Dead. So few people had been able to act quickly enough to get themselves in to crash webbing or some other safe location before the ship had crashed. She pulled her hand away from the neck of a young sullustan and shook her head sadly before moving on. There was nothing she could do for the dead.

She put out a merrily growing blaze, passing the extinguisher over it twice more for good measure and then breathed in deeply. Fresh air. It was coming in from somewhere, helping feed that particular fire and allowing it to grow larger than the others she had found so far. Gingerly stepping past the still radiating heat, she slipped in to the room the fire had been blocking. Hazel eyes casting about, she saw pockmarks of pale light studding the hull- here was one of the places the ship had been damaged on the exterior on its way down. Was it repairable? She didn't know and didn't have time waste on that now.

It was one of the larger 'sitting rooms' the Coruscant Queen had boasted. At least ten bodies were strewn along with the wreckage of furniture and she started moving methodically, checking each one because she had to know.

But it wasn't until she reached a zabrak that she found what she was looking for. She didn't even need to touch [member="Darth Lykos"] to know he was alive- she could see the almost painfully slow rise and fall of his wounded chest. Scrabbling over an unturned desk, she hurried over, kneeling beside him.

"If you can hear me, don't worry, I'm going to get you out of here," she murmured. Was he conscious? She didn't know yet.

Cait Falcor
Coruscant Queen - Promenade Deck
[member="Sareen Zar"], [member="Irajah Ven"]

Cait had been alone with her memories for some time. The trauma of the crash, bringing the trauma and loss associated with others screaming to the forefront of her mind.

We haven't heard from Ven yet. She would occasionally repeat to herself. Once again...the only one to walk away. What makes me so special?

She was yanked from her reverie by a sudden sense of movement in the room. Rather suddenly (from her perspective) the Sabaac table was unceremoniously hefted off of her frame, by a hulking Trandoshan.

"You are free to go" he wheezed through the rapidly fouling air, even his powerful frame laid low by whatever contaminants were polluting the air in the cabin.

Cait's immediate thoughts were sheer surprise: What the FRAK where did that come from!?

Followed almost immediately by chastisement: Girl, we have got to get out of our head if that can sneak up on us. Is the pity party over?

Cait nodded to no one in particular,

Yes.

and then...cautiously checked the function in her leg.

That was a mistake.

The limb had been without any form of blood flow for minutes, combined with Cait's own flagging blood pressure. When the flow returned the limb's nerve endings came back 'online' with a burning vengeance. A searing wave of pain wracked Cait's mind to the point that she knew not but life-rending agony. She simply screamed into her sleeve...fresh tears streaming down her cheeks.

FETHING HELL!

Each attempt to move her limb brought on a new wave of despair inducing agony until...eventually after what felt like an eternity the pain became more of a dull ache.

Cait had no sense of how long had actually passed...surely a minute or more, it might have been seconds - it may as well have been a decade for all of the perception she was able to muster. Finally she could move her limb without descending into agony, and tested its motion.

Motion was jerky, and unsure...there was absolutely damaged, but the bone seemed to have miraculously avoided breaking.

Dunno how we managed that, but...thank the Force for small favors, I guess?

Cait looked up, at the Trandoshan. "Thank you. We need to get out of here, this is going to be unbreathable in no time" Her speech was already punctuated with the occasional cough, and she was sure that - even without her leg she would have to do a couple hours in a Bacta or Kolto tank in order to repair the inevitable damage to her cardiovascular systems. But that can wait. We need to not suffocate first.

The next few minutes were kind of a blur. Cait moved in halting and jerky motions, her leg unwilling to bear the full bore of her weight, or even be very flexible. But she was mobile enough - using a Pool Cue as a make-shift crutch. She grabbed an 02 kit from one of the emergency drawers, and handed one to the Trandoshan, who had introduced himself as Sareen Zar.

Cait also grabbed a couple of tools, a hatchet - which she looped into her belt, a fire extinguisher, and a basic first-aid kit.

"You don't need to come with...but I have to try and find survivors. Then we need to setup an aid-station and find some kind of shelter...then we need to asses our resources" Cait wheezed even though the mask. "We don't know how long we're going to be here...oh...uh...I'm Cait, by the by."

They made their way to the fore of the Queen, ostensibly in the direction of medical, the Bridge, and the Debarkment Deck. Cait's Combat Life Saver training demanded that, she at least do a cursory check of any cabins on the way to her ultimate objective, and that she do whatever possible to fight fires - this ship might well represent their only resources going forward.

What she found in the various chambers was not hopeful. A large number of passengers and crew simply did not survive.

But, here and there she did pick up onsies and twosies.

Maybe this whole thing isn't a complete wash after all.

Stepping over a fallen light, he'd glance back at [member="Akilah Samara"], listening to her talk. Nearly grinning into a door, he cursed softly, ribbing his now bruising knee. Only thing those enhancements didn't heal, emotions and bruises. Quite the deadly combo those tow, but he shrugged it off and kept moving. He had stayed silent so far, be he felt that she was still slightly 'frightened' by him, as she was probably still reminiscing about those blaster bolt ridden bodies, so he walked at he side, his eyes boring into the darkness before them.

"How's your leg holdin' up?" His voice was low, deep, and held a array of emotions behind it, but that was something to be talked about on a later time. There were fires every where, and being in the ship, he didn't know what time it was until he nearly fell out of the ship, the corner he was about to walk down opening up into the jungle canopy bellow. Holding onto the wall beside him, he had to stop her from running into hims and sending him to his death. Pressing the comm on his wrist, he would use the open area to give him a better single, hopefully [member="Irajah Ven"] had a better time understanding his message.

"Jjst for anyone who doesn't know this, it's currently late at night...and we are in the middle of a jungle. Which means; Nocturnal predators. Everyone, stay on your toes, I see a few more compromises in the hull, some with fire spewing out of them. We may have some...guest's on board. If you have a partner, watch their back, and vice versa."

Slowly stepping back, he would look down the other hallway, that one looked promising.

The Trandoshan followed nodded in return to her thanks, and in turn followed her throughout the ship. The desolation was rampant throughout the hallways, limp bodies and damaged droids scattered about in every room. It did not affect Sareen, he was a slaver, this sort of stuff was usually his doing, but it certainly affected his companion, and if he was not going to pass out from blood loss, he needed whatever help she might offer. When she gave him the chance to opt out, he replied, "I will follow you, for now."

Sareen followed her as best he could, but unbeknownst to his companion he was slowing down, little by little. His back was still cut wide open, he had lost over a pint of blood, and even with the mask he was now having a very hard time staying up. His eyes became hazy and his mind could not think straight. His breathing slowed and his green skin took on a pale complexion.

Eventually he collapsed. He did not stop, then lie down, he fell, straight onto the metal surface, his back wound showing. Helping this soldier had done him in, that table had taken most of his energy, and his body could no longer take holding up the large beast. Trandoshans were not built to take this much air interference. At least not middle-aged ones such as himself. And so he lied there, his body barely moving for the scant breathes he took.

[member="Cait Falcor"]

[4]

One of the women whirled into action once everyone who had been heard was present and accounted for. Not many, given the size of the vessel, but no doubt there would be more out there... Somewhere. Who knew what horrors awaited them though. Broken bones, more bodies, wounds that she had no idea how to even begin fixing. All while keeping an eye on a very young child.

The doctor gave out a plan, the only one anyone had suggested up until this point, and it seemed fine enough. Move around, douse the flames, look for survivors, stay alive. Given the situation, what more could they do? Well... Aside from get off the ship before anything worse happened to it, Kai knew enough about ships to understand that any number of catastrophes could happen now that it had fallen from the sky. Especially given the state it was in. Leaking fuel cells could spell the end of them all if they didn't get the fires under control.

She did not bother to correct the doctors assumption that Tobiak was her child. No point, no time for that, it would be remedied later. Instead she gave a sharp nod of her head and informed her that "He'll be staying with me, we don't know who else is on this vessel or why it fell. I'd rather nobody was left behind, not even for a second."

Pulling out her commlink she quickly changed its frequency so that it was set to the new channel - bringing up the mental note of the one Connor had established for them so that she could contact him when long-range frequencies were working again - before turning her gaze down to the lad. If she could find a spare one amidst the chaos he'd get his own. No point in leaving anything to chance.

All of the planning out of the way, regardless of how little they had to go on, Kyra gave one sharp nod of her head. "Good luck out there." They were going to need it, all of them. Her gaze dropped back to Tobiak who was still holding aloft the torch with a trembling hand. Best not overburden him with more duties, he could light the way for now.

"Lets go see if we can't find your brother, huh?"

They hadn't turned more than two corners however when Akilah's voice disjointed rang through the commlink. Bodies? Blasters? Chaos, why hadn't she said so sooner? Thankfully the young lad hadn't heard, and she wasn't planning on scaring him further with that knowledge for now. Her hold on his hand tightened just a touch, and Kyne seemed to pick up on the impending sense of danger. He flanked the other side of the boy, and for that she was grateful.

At the first emergency door Kai stopped to acquire an extinguisher. Thankfully the jolting of the ship and the fact that it had plummeted had unlocked the container, she wasn't the kind of person to have codes and the like to get into them. That was for crew members, right? Yeah, definitely not a crew member. Nor an emergency personnel.

Her hand brushed against her belt, momentarily losing hold of the boy's hand to do so, checking that everything was in order there. Comms, sonic servo, blasters... Oh, it felt so warming to know that she had her blasters right now. An iron will crept over her, as she looked down to the lad with an almost fierce protective stance. She'd never been good with children, never had need to be, but that didn't mean she wanted to see any of them harmed. Not on her watch, no siree!

[member="Sareen Zar"] [member="Nate the Bounty Hunter"] [member="Cait Falcor"] [member="Irajah Ven"] [member="Akilah Samara"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom