Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Touch of a Witch

Attire: Jedi Robes
Companion: Grisial
Equipment: Lightsaber, Nightsister Energy Bow
Tag: Lila Doneeta Lila Doneeta

Refugees were coming in from Rodia after the attack by the Mandalorians and Dreidi was not too surprised to hear about the aggression displayed by them. She had heard plenty of stories of her parents dealing with Mandalorians and having to fight them off, even on Kashyyyk, which her father had been particularly upset about since their family was still very new then. Dreidi didn't think that they would be coming out the gate this aggressively and change this much from what she had heard their actions against the Maw were like. It seemed strange to switch focus on eliminating Sith to blackmailing worlds into surrender.

For now, Dreidi was dedicating her time to pursuing support and aid relief, the conflict with the Mandalorians wasn't something she needed to chase down, if they were coming then they would come. Right now, Dreidi wanted to ensure those that were abandoning their homes and displacing themselves due to their fears of the Mandalorians were reassured and rehoused. It was scary to leave the place you called home and Dreidi wanted to help ensure that the transition went as smoothly as possible for the people. Dreidi had her position taken at a station, handing out fresh clothing and bedding while people waited to be relocated. Grisial was by her side attempting to reassure others with any aura of positivity.

Dreidi knew that it wouldn't work since only those connected to the Force were able to really hear and understand Grisial but she could tell he was trying his best and that was all she asked.

"Hey, here, take these and over there is a place to get a fresh shower if you wish and over there," pointing close by the showers, "there is some fresh food, pretty good stuff as well from the smell of it." Her enhanced sense of smell allowed her to pick up the scent of the food, nothing to her preference but wasn't garbage either. She smiled to the family of Rodians that she was offering support to. Grisial purred slightly, understanding that he needed to display more friendly cat vibes than guard dog.

post.png

Alderaan.png
ALDERAAN
Refugee Encampment

Being enshrouded by the white tents and distraught families had become somewhat of a new norm for Lila. With the large influx of refugees from both attacks by the Sith and Mandalorians, there were more people than could be cared for. Every helping hand was needed and she felt it was her duty to provide her services whenever she could spare her time. Her clothes had been muddied by the churned ground due to the amount of trampling it endured; vastly different from the way she usually presented herself. The lavish gowns were replaced by dark pants and a satchel hung over one shoulder, containing medical supplies and equipment.

Lila knelt beside a makeshift bed. Before her lay a man, howling in agony. He was bruised all over but the source of his pain was the lack of a lower right leg, bandaged at the knee with bacta patches though signs of blood seeping through could be seen. The suffering in his voice cut through the Twi'lek she strained to keep the distress from showing on her face. "I know it hurts but I need to check you over for any underlying conditions," she tried to explain as she raised a small flashlight to observe his ocular reflexes. The examinations indicated that there was no serious head trauma but they did not have the facilities to treat such injuries effectively. Already, supplies were low and they did not have access to necessary sedation or bacta tanks.

He continued to wail about the pain and she looked on in dismay. Lila thought to herself for a moment before looking to see if any eyes were on her. She retrieved a nearby cup and brought out a small vial from her bag, keeping it low and concealed. Popping off the cork, she poured a mouthful into the cup, giving it a bit of a swirl before returning the vial. "Here," she said, holding it up to his lips. "This will help." The man winced in pain before allowing her to pour the contents into her mouth. After a minute or so, his expression softened as his breathing became less erratic. He looked at her, his eyes a little heavy. "Thank you."

She bowed her head to him, giving him a half smile. If she could ease the suffering then it would make her happy but there were a lot more people to be seen to. "You should rest. Your body needs time to heal itself," she explained almost as soon as the man settled down into the bed. Lightly placing her fingertips on his leg, she closed her eyes and began to chant something quietly to herself. The Spell of Assistance was one that her mentor had taught her. It would not immediately heal the wound but it would help along the process.

Lila got to her feet and walked out of the tent, taking in a large inhale as she entered the fresh air. A hand rubbed across her forehead as she stood there for a moment to compose herself. Looking around, she saw a white-haired woman handing out clothes. She could not explain the feeling but there was something she sensed about her. Wandering over, she also spied her vulptex companion. The Twi'lek sighed as she reached the stand. "I have never seen evacuation efforts of this scale. The time of peace truly has come to an end."
ezgif-1-4704cfcd96.gif

Last edited:

Dreidi was in her own thoughts as she took a break, smoking a deathstick away from everyone. It was nice to relax and take a moment for herself before throwing herself back into the mix with all the struggles that everyone was feeling around here. While she wasn't unsympathetic to the struggles the Rodians were going through, Dreidi needed to ensure she wasn't overwhelmed with their emotions since it could end up blinding her and cause her to lash out. Especially against Mandalorians if they were going to face that group later down the line, it was better to keep her emotions in reserve and remain composed.

As someone approached, Dreidi offered a smile and pulled out another deathstick, "need a smoke?" Dreidi offered politely, still smoking her own, "can be tough handling cases like these and a smoke offers a short relief. At least I find that." Dreidi chuckled and let the smoke flow from her nostrils like a dragon.

Looking over to the Twi'lek, Dreidi nodded her head, "sometimes peace is a deception, a mask. Were the Sith truly gone or biding time, were the Mandalorians seeking peace or organising themselves to start their new crusade." She shrugged, "perhaps we are too eager for peace that we miss it isn't always guaranteed to last."

post.png

Alderaan.png
ALDERAAN
Refugee Encampment

Lila gave the woman a small smile as she declined. "Things that bring comfort in times such as these are important. Unfortunately, the taste is something I have never seen the appeal of." Smoking was a habit that she could not see herself partaking in and she had no interest in starting. Not to mention the effect it had on the body. She tried to consume very little of substances that compromised her health, though she was partial to a couple of drinks at gatherings. It also helped to ease the discomfort to enjoy the festivities more. The camp to which both of them stood was not such an event.

She thought on her words for a moment. "Perhaps you are right. Sometimes we may be blinded by what we want to see and it masks what is truly going on." Lila dusted off her elbows, the now-dried mud carried off on the breeze. Her mind was filled with the memories of what she had seen in her time in the camp and she was a little distant. By the end of the day, there were bound to be more displaced people arriving and more work to be done. "I am sorry, I have not introduced myself. Lila Doneeta, it is a pleasure to meet you." She bowed her head to the woman in greeting.

"And who is your handsome companion?" Lila asked, crouching before the vupltex. She would wait for the animal to approach her rather than invade its space to avoid potentially frightening it or making it feel threatened. She was uncertain about the temperament of the canine but she had a feeling that she was not about to lose a hand. Soft eyes and a warm smile accompanied a hand raised a safe distance away in the event that he would want to assess for himself before approaching.
ezgif-1-4704cfcd96.gif

Dreidi put the offered death stick away and continued to smoke her own, adjusting her position to not smoke directly at Lila. "Yeah, bad habit that I picked up in order to appear more edgy and similar to bands I use to follow." Dreidi chuckled, "it was also helpful for stress, something to take away edge but reduced the amount I smoke, just a couple a day, usually when walking with that one." Nodding her head to Grisial.

"Well, sometimes it is good to focus on the positives and feelings of peace that surround you but there has to be balance. I think that's why I never stay long in the Galactic Alliance space, good to see the life outside the GA and visit places where people aren't supported as much." Dreidi mentioned, her mind was thinking on the ways she liked to help others out. "Perhaps that's why for someone like me, it is less surprising that battles and upcoming wars are not a shock. I lived through things similar to this already and seen that life outside the GA was not as comfortable and the darkness was always lingering."

Dipping her head, "Dreidi Xeraic, Jedi Knight." Dreidi introduced herself, "pleasure to meet you too." When Lila shifted to interact with Grisial, he looked to Dreidi, hoping that she would convey his message since he wasn't sure if this person was Force Sensitive to be able to hear him. "This is Grisial, he says hi. And don't worry, he is very friendly, he only strikes when I tell him to." Grisial grumbled that he knew when to strike himself but Dreidi mention that part since she didn't want to cause any anxiety in Lila.

post.png

Alderaan.png
ALDERAAN
Refugee Encampment

Having grown up outside the Galactic Alliance, Lila knew that not everywhere in the galaxy was without conflict. Had she been within its borders that long that she had forgotten? With her work, she traveled a lot, not just within Alliance space, but perhaps the life that she now led had changed her outlook. Maybe peace was easier to believe from behind borders obscuring the view.

Her attention went back to the woman as she introduced herself. "Ah, a Jedi. Well, thank you for taking the time to help here. Every pair of hands are severely needed." Lila had admiration for the Order, though she had had very few direct interactions with its members. Most recently, she had the chance to speak with a Jedi academically, though the interaction with a Sith muddied her opinion of that interaction.

Lila felt an odd sensation as the vultex looked at Dreidi, almost like a subtle tingle or interference. She looked back to the Jedi, an inquisitive look on her face. "He can talk to you?" she asked, unsure if she was being literal. Whilst the magick she had some experience in used aspects of the Force, it was not something she had much mastery over. The differences in spells and incantations from other Force abilities were understated.
ezgif-1-4704cfcd96.gif

"I do the best I can to represent the Jedi in helping these people." Dreidi commented, "how about yourself? I am guessing not a Jedi, what part of the Alliance do you fall under?" Dreidi asked curious to know what other parts of the Alliance were stepping up to help these refugees find homes and some semblance of peace was restored to them.

When asked if Grisial could talk to her, Dreidi chuckled and nodded her head, "yeah, he can talk through the Force. Somehow, we created a Force Bond between one another so this Vulptex has higher intelligence than standard, capable of communicating through the Force to other Force Sensitives and has a few other skills."

Grisial looked over to the Twi'lek, testing his luck, he sent a greeting through the Force. A young, boyish sounding voice filled Lila's mind Hello there!

"He tends to be the one getting me into trouble nowadays with his hyper, manic energy causing mischief." Dreidi chuckled as she commented, giving Grisial a gentle pet.

post.png

Alderaan.png
ALDERAAN
Refugee Encampment

"No, I am not a Jedi. I am the senator of Thyferra but mostly I am a healer. You can only help people so much from within the Senate chambers." Lila would much rather be helping people than deal with politics but it was a means to have a greater impact that could affect more people. "I feel that more of the people making the decisions should see the circumstances of those they speak for. It is very easy to decide what is right from a position of comfort and authority."

Lila's eyes were on the vulptex as she heard his voice. "Oh, hello," she spoke gently to Grisial. She was surprised momentarily by hearing the childish voice in her head and returned the greeting without thinking. "How interesting. I have not come across other instances of that happening. Do the two of you merely communicate or is there more to the connection?" She rose to her feet again and looked at the pair.

The Twi'lek giggled in return. "I am sure that it is great to have the company. Most of the fauna on my planet were hostile so companions were not common but I think I would have liked one." She did not have the time to care for a pet nowadays with her duties and constant traveling.
ezgif-1-4704cfcd96.gif

A senator, Dreidi would have to be careful. The senate was not always a fan of the Jedi and the way they operated at times, it was something that usually caused the most friction within the Galactic Alliance. "Well, hopefully things are going well at the senate for you to be able to take time away from there?" Dreidi asked, curious how things were going on outside of the Jedi, she did not have much idea. Dreidi didn't have much need or want to learn more about the politics of the GA and the going on of the senate.

"It is important that even Jedi are reminded of the causes we fight to defend. To see the consequences of peace if we don't ensure it is protected." Dreidi commented, it was why she often travelled outside of GA space, Jedi were needed many places and she would give that support to those people when needed. Having to restrict herself in the GA ignores too many injustices out there in the galaxy that Dreidi could not stand by and let happen.

When the senator mentioned that she heard Grisial, Dreidi tilted her head. She knew instantly what that meant and that Lila was connected to the Force or Magick. Whether she knew about it or not, that hadn't been figured out. "I am surprised you heard him, not many people can understand him." A slight hint that Dreidi knew there was something different with the senator. It wasn't unusual since she had met Alicio Organa Alicio Organa who was a Force User and part of the senate.

"The bond is deeply routed in the Force, whether that was built through Magick or the Jedi's Force, I don't know. I only know that it happened when I saved him during a visit to Crait. His intelligence is heightened through the bond to be able to talk, we can talk through great distances, and there is likely more that we will be able to do as time between us grows. For now, it is still very new." Dreidi commented, she then looked to Lila, "but he doesn't have the ability to speak with everyone, only people similar to me."

post.png

Alderaan.png
ALDERAAN
Refugee Encampment

"With everything that is going on in recent events, the Senate has been convening frequently but there is only so much standing in a room and talking can achieve. I have other skills that are more useful elsewhere and as a member of SELCORE, the welfare of those that have been displaced is my duty." Despite being covered in dirt and surrounded by people in distress, Lila much preferred it to politicking. It was where she felt most helpful and not like she had to keep up appearances. After all, healing was what she had studied before entering the bacta industry and eventually the Senate.

Lila nodded in agreement as the Jedi shared her viewpoint. "You are quite right. Though the methods differ, both have the same goal of achieving peace and that is only possible if the galaxy is not viewed through a narrowed lens." She reached into the satchel that hung down to her waist, retrieving a flask and taking a sip of water. The Twi'lek often forgot to keep herself hydrated, especially when she was preoccupied. It possibly stemmed from the dryness of her homeworld, often being difficult to find water on the Bright Lands unless there were underground streams.

It was fascinating to hear of the bond the duo shared and Lila took great interest. An academic at heart, the discovery of new occurrences and information intrigued her. It was especially true with the Force or similar power. Science was continually studied but the mystic held more mystery and speculation. Barely trained in the art of magick, she could not even fully explain the feats she had been taught. "Well I can assure you that I am no Jedi," she answered coyly, remaining ambiguous and avoiding answering. "Interesting, so the bond has enhanced his capabilities," she began as her eyes looked over Grisial. "I wonder if that effect goes both ways." Lila's mind speculated as to what else the two could share through their connection.
ezgif-1-4704cfcd96.gif

Dreidi nodded her head, stamping out her cigarette, she listened to what Lila had to say about the Senate and her thoughts on what Dreidi was stating. It seemed that the senator was understanding and appreciating her position, as well as her attempts to extend a hand. "Thanks, it's nice to hear that you are doing so much good as a senator as well, I know there are likely a few that do not step out of their ivory tower." Dreidi knew there were people in the galaxy with more wealthy than they needed and she did not like that at all.

For her, to have some with nothing and starving then select few with more wealth than a planet has. It was sickening.

"I didn't say you were a Jedi." Dreidi pointed out, she was aware that a Jedi couldn't be a senator, that had been a discussion she held with Alicio Organa. However, Lila was force sensitive and being coy about it, which had Dreidi curious. "I don't need to know where your ties are, as long as you aren't Sith. But, you have the ability to understand Grisial, which means you are connected to the Force, or possibly Magick." Though Dreidi had not met a Witch using Magick who was not Dathomiri.

Thinking on the idea of the connection going both ways, "well I can see through his mind. Know where he is and having him on my side means we can do a few things." Dreidi commented, "anything deeper, we haven't be able to figure out or achieve yet." It was still very early on in their bond so Dreidi wasn't too sure what the chances were.

post.png

Alderaan.png
ALDERAAN
Refugee Encampment

Lila kept her composure, unsure of whether to reveal her connection the the Force with this stranger. She had never actually told anyone, or at least no one that would remember, not even her father. Based on the stories of the witch who taught her to attune with the power, the witches of Dathomir were not exactly looked upon in good regard. She wanted that to change but the methods that she knew could help people most were not always ones that would be accepted by the people and the Alliance. "No, I am not aligned with the Sith either." A tinge of disgust jolted within her at the idea. She hated the religious order for what they had done and she did not want any association with them whatsoever. "We all have our methods of helping those who need it, Miss Xeraic, and we all hope that it is the right path to take. My ties are to the well-being of the people and the pursuit of peace."

"I'm sure with time, the extent of the Force-bond will become clear. I have heard of its occurrence but the idea of it is fascinating. There have even been stories of concoctions with the ability to merge two people to achieve such a connection through the Force."
Whilst it was not something she had the knowledge to do herself, it was among the teachings she had had as a child. The Jedi before her had a certain presence that felt familiar, something that she felt when she first saw her. A number of things precipitated certain feelings within the Twi'lek that allowed insights that most others could not see, except for those who could use the Force. "May I ask something?" she began, continuing when she had the permission. "You are something more than just a Jedi, am I right? I have met many members of your order but never one like you." She was risking exposure but her intrigue overcame her. The feeling she had was only felt by Lila from one other person and the promise of her suspicions to be correct had piqued her interest.
ezgif-1-4704cfcd96.gif

"So, not a Jedi and not a Sith. Must be a Witch or some Force training not associated with either." Dreidi commented aloud but not seeking Lila to admit or state either way. Dreidi wasn't seeking the senator to divulge her secret, especially to a stranger, she knew that senators needed to hold their cards close to the chest, revealing too much would let rivals hear of them and use it to undermine whatever they were saying. It was pettiness that Dreidi hated, she was too open, too honest about herself to live that life. She would be infuriated that her life would be under scrutiny and attacked for anything that people might deem unsavoury.

Looking to Grisial then back to Lila, "well, we assume it is a Force bond, mostly because it is a connection that Jedi recognise but with my background with Magick and Dathomirian ways. It could be Magick related, though I don't believe I casted any spells to create this bond." Dreidi thought out loud, she wasn't sure what was the trigger of their bond or how it will help them both going forward.

"Am I not the perfect representation of a Jedi?" Dreidi looked shocked as she looked at her robes and Lightsaber, then chuckled deeply, she knew she was not a standard appearance of a Jedi. "I mentioned before, but to clarify, I am a Witch of Dathomir." Dreidi stated with smile on her lips, "I am not looking to do harm with Magick and while I was taught by a Nightsister, I do not condone the Nightsisters affinity for the Dark Side and helping those with Imperial, fascist or Sith ideology." Dreidi was firm in standing against those, even if they appeared within the Jedi Order or Galactic Alliance.

Her eyes looked over to Lila, "it might seem strange or contradictory to be using both the Force and Magick, but I see it as a blend of the two cultures and beliefs. I am a Witch, and I am a Jedi. They are two things I can be and I do not see them as conflicts."

post.png

Alderaan.png
ALDERAAN
Refugee Encampment

Her suspicions had been correct. In the time she had been alive, Lila had only ever met one other witch, and here was one before her. There was always the possibility that it was under false pretenses but the feeling she got from the woman inclined her to believe it was the truth. Revealing that she, too, possessed an attunement to Magick could reflect negatively on her if it became known by others but the draw of fellowship with people like her felt too compelling.

The only family that she had was her Father, and the Twi'lek did not have much in terms of friendship. Initially, her studies occupied her time and now it was the case with her career. Being involved with politics made opening to another more difficult with the threat that disclosing certain information could discredit her or cause her judgment to be questioned. The witch who had shown her compassion was now a distant memory, perhaps no longer breathing. Loneliness often embraced her as though it were her friend.

"Forgive me, I did not mean any offense," she apologised, though a smile formed on her face. Lila looked down, her hands fidgeting uneasily before she looked back up at the Jedi. "I know the power you speak of is often looked upon negatively and I share your view." Her teacher had been an exile, cast out from the Nightsisters, and she expected to be treated the same by the Dathomirians.

She took a breath and decided to take the risk. "You are correct," Lila began. "I have been taught in the ways of Magick. It is not common knowledge... in fact, you are now one of two people who hold my secret. I hope you understand that it could cause some difficulties with my position." Her look was more of a pleading one, a silent request to keep the information between the two of them.
ezgif-1-4704cfcd96.gif

"No offense was taken, I understand I don't always appear the best appearance for a Jedi." Dreidi commented, not ashamed of that fact but indifferent on how others saw her, "the tattoos, style of make up I have and smoking a cigarette, definitely doesn't instil purest of Jedi energy." She chuckled deeply, shrugging her shoulders as she inhale of her cigarette. "But, sometimes that's for the best. Forcing yourself to a form of Jedi you aren't just ends up driving you crazy and doing more harm than good." She commented.

Hearing that Lila was a witch, it was curious, there was a former Jedi, a neutral Force User and now a witch on the Senate for the GA. "Well, I am not great at keeping secrets as much these days, someone usually spills the beans or behaves suspiciously because he doesn't like lying." Nodding her head to Grisial, the Vulptex was accidentally making Dreidi a more honest person. "However, unless someone asks me directly if you are a witch, then I think we will be fine and since I am not very senate minded, I doubt anyone will be asking about a senator's affinity for Magick."

Hopefully that would be enough since there wasn't much else that Dreidi could do but offer that. "How did you learn Magick? Normally it is reserved for those of Dathomiri heritage, at least from my understanding." She asked, curious how Lila found herself in it.

post.png

Alderaan.png
ALDERAAN
Refugee Encampment

"I agree, we should all strive to be true reflections of ourselves and it is good that you are able to do that." Whilst Lila did not portray a facade for the most part, there were still small secrets that lay hidden beneath the surface. Witchcraft was one thing but she also built up a mask over time to seem more like her peers than the impoverished, scared girl that she once was. It was now so entwined with who she was as a person that even she did not know what was a construct and who she truly was.

Dreidi's answer did not fill her with confidence. Lila would have preferred that there was certainty regarding the concealment of her Magick ability. There was a moment of doubt whether she had made a mistake but perhaps establishing contact with others like her would prove more beneficial than remaining alone.

"There was a time when I was alone through happenstance..." she began to explain, leaving out certain details. "A witch of Dathomir crossed my path and took me under her wing, so to speak. For a time, she was like family to me, though not in the traditional sense." Lila left out the part where the witch had been cast out from her people, unsure how Dredi would take it. She never said the reasoning and Lila knew better than to ask.

"I must admit, my capabilities are somewhat rudimentary and it has been a while since I have practiced more demanding applications. My goal is only to help people wherever possible, the same way, I imagine, that you do." Magick was just another tool yet it was not as well accepted. Perhaps due to the certain witches' alignment with the dark side but that was not the intention of the senator.
ezgif-1-4704cfcd96.gif

Dreidi could tell that Lila was not thrilled to hear that there was no guarantee that her secret would remain safe. There was part of Dreidi that felt those who needed to hide their gifts were rarely doing it for good reason and that there needed to be more Witches proving that they can do good and are not a threat to the Jedi nor the Galactic Alliance. That alliances could be made and that making them would protect the Witches and their culture. At least some aspects, she very much doubted the Nightsisters would be as welcomed since they delved deep into darker arts. Methods that were seen as more evil.

"The family we make tends to be one that is stronger than blood." Dreidi aired, she was not much on placing those who was related to you by blood over anyone else. Her family was dysfunctional at best. She was more reliant and closer with those she had built a friendship with.

Nodding her head, "well living in secret does make it harder to train and hone one's skills. If you wish to have someone help you grow with your skills in Magick, I can help. Might be tricky but I will do my best to help you grow." Dreidi offered, it was an olive branch that was she wasn't sure Lila would take since that would increase the likelihood of the senator being caught but it was an offer she needed to make. Helping others grow, improve their skills, that was something a person should always do. At least in Dreidi's mind.

post.png

Alderaan.png
ALDERAAN
Refugee Encampment

Lila knew that that was the case for a lot of people but it was not exactly her experience. All that remained of her family was her father whom she considered to share a strong bond with. Her work meant that she did not spend as much time with him as she maybe would have liked but she knew that he was always there for her when she needed him. The witch who had saved her and cared for her for a time could also be considered family, in a way, though that bond did not feel so potent. After all, Lila had no inclination as to her current whereabouts and she was almost sure that she would never come across the woman again.

The Twi'lek thought about the proposal for a moment. Perhaps it was a good idea to further her capabilities but the Jedi was right, it would be harder to be discreet. "You are very kind, Miss Xeraic. Becoming more adept with the craft may prove useful, especially when war is upon us." Her eyes fell upon the tents that surrounded them once more before looking back to Dreidi. "I will think on it, thank you. Right now my focus must be elsewhere but I think I may take you up on your offer in the future."

Learning of someone else with a background in Magick had piqued her interest. "Forgive me if you would rather not answer but were you born into it or is it a skill that you acquired later in your life?" Her experience with witchcraft was presumably different from how others got into it and she was curious to learn more. All that she knew was through the lens of one person and she wanted to understand further.
ezgif-1-4704cfcd96.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom