Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Ticon Family Reunion! (Red Ravens too!)

[member="Keira Ticon"] [member="Lisa Ticon"]

It had been a long time....

A very long time.

But Corellia was light now, with a joyous reunion. From the stars vessels ripped into real time, leaving hyperspace. Colap was already there, the ancient spacer was sipping on a real fine whiskey, petting his Corellian Wolfhound Solar.

Folks mingled here and there. He kept sipping, a cigar lit between his lips and puffing. It was gonna be a special occasion. Today the Ticon family was gonna meet and share their stories. Though he wondered what he would share with them?

Since leaving the Ravens and the unravelling of the black Imperium, he hadn't done much. No this old Merc was deep in retirement, hiding out and basically just drinking his days away.

Solar growled.

Colap gave him a pat on his head, ruffling his ears.

"Relax old buddy. Nothing to be mad about."

He was old now, and so was Solar. Hell they were so old he'd even invited [member="Lysle of the Hydian Way"]. A few other names were [member="Xalus"] [member="Miss Blonde"] and whatever others he'd once served with.

Old friends, good liquor, good Cigars. Ah that was the life....

"You need to stop smoking cigars, Colap. It's not good for you." She said while lighting a cigarette in her mouth.

Dani Ticon the second eldest of the dysfunctional Ticon family had arrived at the party. With very little to do now of days, she had decided that today was as good a day to visit her family and potentially get into a fight to the death. That was just how these things tended to work. It was after all the formula for massive disaster when you put a bunch of high functioning alcoholics in a room with weapons, an open bar, and a complicated love hate relationship that paired extremely well with abandonment issues. All of it had "Hey, this isn't a good idea." practically written on the walls.

Then again.

That was that was the unspoken Ticon family motto, and Dani pretty much wished that wasn't the truth. Though you couldn't fight who you were, and you certainly could try your best to change, but Ticons weren't born with that luxury. So with an exhale of grey smoke from her cherry colored lips, the woman lightly held her cigarette in betwixt her index and great finger while continuing to prattle on to her older brother.

"You know Keira isn't going to show up, right? She's probably too busy handling Mandalorian chode to keep up with us." With another drag of the cigarette she held the smoke in for a moment before letting it vent out from her nostrils.

"Can't say I blame her though. At least she's doing something with her life. I mean look at us, Colap. Washed up, old, &$#% when did we get so old?" Staring out towards nothing pondering the passage of time the woman looked to her older brother and raised an eyebrow at the sight of him.

"You look like %#&$. How's that working out for you?" She gave a slight smile at her eldest brother, one that was almost never rarely seen on her face.

"I missed you." She tacked on with honest sincerity in her voice.

With any hope their younger sister [member="Keira Ticon"] would show up so they could both give her crap for her life choices. Things that family members normally do at these sorts of things besides drink heavily.

[member="Colap Ticon"]

This was the first time Keira had been on Corellia since visiting her parents' graves, and the occasion was decidedly less somber. It was the opposite of that entirely, as this was the first time the Ticon family had gathered in one place for over a decade. A lot had changed in fourteen years, and she was no longer the fresh-faced, overeager former Jedi that had been all too happy to have an excuse to wile the day away with her brothers and sisters. This time she was far less open, everything about her having changed, her demeanor itself seemingly have done a one-eighty. She was no longer a greenhorn, everything about her indicative to the fact that she was a seasoned warrior who had seen more than her fair share of combat.

Her entrance into the bar was far more subdued, her armament not half as obvious as the lightsaber that had hung at her waist those years ago. The only immediate evidence of her being armed was the pistol that hung in its holster on her left side, its presence enough to deter those that felt lucky. Her walk had more of a discipline to it, the lines of her face having grown sharper as age gradually caught up with her. Every step had purpose behind it, and when finally she did sit among her siblings she didn't quite relax as entirely into her chair as she once would have, retaining an uneasiness about her that ran bone deep and was impossible to shake off no matter the company.

There was a long moment of silence, the muscles of her jaw working as she decided just what to say. None of them had bothered to keep in touch, so any apologies would likely fall on deaf ears. This was their way, to come upon each other by happenstance or on a whim, drink and talk, and then drop off the face of the galaxy again for who knew how long. "It's about damn time, Colap. It's been fourteen karking years, you bastard." Even as she spoke a slow smile was forming. "I missed you. I missed the whole family, dysfunctional as we are." Having found her forever home among the Mandalorians, she'd almost forgotten what it was like to be among what had been and always somehow would be a crime family.

"So, how's everyone been?"

[member="Dani Ticon"], [member="Colap Ticon"]

[member="Dani Ticon"] [member="Keira Ticon"]

Colap felt like he was being hit over the head with a proverbial estrogen hammer. Lisa was sure to show any second too, which made things even more...eh.
Ain't there any damn Male Ticons left?

He grunted at the suggestion he stop smoking, and ripped even deeper on his Cigar, not really giving too much a of a feth. He liked it, besides it was some leaf grown hydroponically on Tatooine. The thing had cost him a damn fortune and he smoked it like it was the last damn cigar in the galaxy.

Savouring every little bit.

Dani was still her annoying self.

"Danni I did a lot of things before I became this washed up old drunk girl. I was the Master at Arms of the Ravens, before that a Salvager. Shit I even served a maniacal emperor for a time with grandiose illusions of controlling the galaxy. But feth I missed ya too."

He poured her another drink The Ticon way of saying anything really.

"And just what the hell have you been up to anyways?"

When Keira walked in he nodded. She was different now. Older, more poised and he sensed she had the warriors spirit about her. His eyes locked with hers and a warriors soul reached through those eyes, touching another. Nothing needed to be said. Everything was said in the single solitary look. Strife, Deliverance, Darkness. Yeah it wall there. She was all grown up now and had had to face adult themes. Though he wondered how her psyche coped with it. His method was just to drink.

"Well then, welcome on down sis! We missed ya!"

He poured another drink. When she asked what he'd been up to, he grinned.

"Rolling my own Cigars for one. Getting trashed on my little farm in Tatooine for two. And you?"

The mighty and formidable [member="Keira Ticon"] had decided to grace them with her presence. Hail to the conquering hero for our savior hath come. It was honestly no secret that Dani had silently resented Keira for her lifestyle choices. Don't get anything mixed up though, she still fiercely loved her little sister, it was just the whole ditching the family to go hang out with literally anyone that wasn't them. The list really went on and on when it came to those folks, but then Colap chimed in with what Dani despised the most.

Dani simply raised an eyebrow at her brother and her sister in response as the awkward small talk commenced. The hey how are ya's. The how you doin. All that pointless dribble that family members were forced to say to one another when they hadn't seen each other in a while. So rather than contribute to the conversation while this painfully sober, Dani decided that she needed to avoid this awkward small talk as fast as possible.

Walking past them with a bottle of whiskey, a server or host, or waiter, whatever the hell they liked to call themselves these days. When he was walking by the elder Ticon sister grabbed the bottle from him forcefully and before the man could even have a chance to yell out in protest, Dani did what Dani did best. She gave him a look of sheer and utter icy cold dread that conveyed only the most deep and unfathomably painful full measure of a response should he do anything but walk away. And that's what he did, he walked away.

"So I'm good!" Dani said immediately changing the entire tone of her body and voice.

anigif_enhanced-16168-1403553975-1.gif

With a fake smile on her face the woman popped open the top of the rather expensive bottle of please make this situation less awkward swirling brown juice, and promptly thereafter began to drink a very long and drawn out pull. A few unhealthy seconds passed and when the bottle was pulled away from her lips, Dani let out a very relieved sigh and smiled.

"So are we going to stand here and make awkward small talk or are we going to drink and have someone in this room hospitalized? What's the game plan here? Because I'm not doing the whole how's life been, little house on the prairie, bull@&)#." Only now was I starting to realize why the younger Ticon's were the way they are.

"Also no one cares Colap, shut up and drink." Just to sneak that last one in.

[member="Keira Ticon"] [member="Colap Ticon"]

"I've been around." It was the best answer to a question she didn't entirely know how to respond to, and the only reply she could think of that wouldn't require her to explain her whereabouts for the past decade and then some. Keira accepted the drink her brother poured, taking a long pull before she continued speaking. "To make a long story short I joined the Mandalorians a few years ago, and I've been with them ever since. There isn't much else to tell, and the details aren't that pretty." Nor were they something she wanted to think about in the present moment, and so, leaving her explanation at that she drained her glass of the last of the alcohol, savoring the lingering burn.

Her older sister hadn't changed in the least, and she only listened with a half-amused crooked smile to what the other woman had to say. It had been awhile since she'd been in a bar fight, and she hadn't exactly been inclined to start one just then either. "Unless you'd like to instigate, I wasn't of a mind to start anything." Which was, for once, the truth. She'd seen enough combat lately to be more than done with navigating it around every corner, especially not when this was intended to be a time for leisure. Age had taught her to pick her battles, and this was one she most certainly didn't have to fight.

"If you feel like hurting someone, you know I've got your back."

[member="Dani Ticon"], [member="Colap Ticon"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom