Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Things We Lost (solo narrative-- completed)

Hapes. ICU room 14c. Romi Jade Romi Jade

Screen_Shot_2020-08-24_at_2.47.34_PM.png
What happened...

A bomb.

A wha-

An attempt on the Royal Family's lives. They were lucky she was there. Mistress Jade, however...

L-Lucky? She's in a comma!

How long?

Miss?

How long has she been like this?

...Two months ...Forgive me, but who are you- We we told everyone was properly informed, the Royal family said-

The Royal Family can shove it- I'm her sister. Why isn't she awake?

... We do not know ... We have tried everything, I assure you. The best healers and doctors on all of Hapes were sent here-- She has received nothing but the finest care--

--And yet...

... ... Sigh. And yet she grows weaker, yes... I am so sorry.

Leave us.

~~~~​

Kyra's lashes clashed, tears squeezing out between them as she reached for Romi's hand.

"I'm too late," she breathed, her fingers shaking as they entwined around her sister's own. The appendages were unmoving. Cool. A hurried tug of the force flipped the blankets to better cover Romi's feet. Kyra finger's twitched inside Romi's slack grip, the instinct to tuck her in curbed by the desire to not let go of her hand. For a flickering moment, Kyra's insides clenched, the girl wishing beyond words she was no longer injured so she could do both at once.

But she didn't have two arms anymore.

She barely had a sister.

The youngest Perl let out a guttural groan, curling in over her cast, the hospital bed, Romi's limp form...

As the grief overtook her.

Last edited:

IjXZdFh.png
Kyra had come here for a reason.

Not that it mattered much anymore.

"I thought you were on a mission," she finally uttered, the hours of silence broken by the croak of an unused voice. Her distant gaze slowly solidified, pulling off the pristine white of the medical ward walls and falling onto the planes of Romi's face.

"When you go awol like that-- You're just so cool with those-- those stupid missions. But you always come back. ....You've always come back." Kyra squeezed her fingers, her grip clammy. Life flooded her limbs, a pin prick of pain vibrating through her as she moved for the first time, allowing blood flow to return to her clenched form.

"Please come back. I need you." Her expression contorted in a sudden wave of grief, the girl standing up and shaking Romi's shoulders. "Come back come back, you can't die, you idiot! Romi Jade can't die!"

The monitors went crazy, reflecting the girl's sudden mismanagement of the patient. Doctors came rushing in, tearing the screaming teen on the unresponsive form below her. Tears streamed rapidly down Kyra's face, the girl fighting wildly to reach her sister again.

"I need you!"

Last edited:

xQSEhBW.png

"I'm sorry..." She whispered, the light bleeding from the sky behind the curtains. The hospital moved slower now, the daily bustle calming to a trickle as the energy of the building dropped several notches. Kyra sat a good five feet away, curled up in a chair, where the nurse's station could see her through the door.

It wasn't that she had meant to snap. It was just...

Well.

The hospital staff understood grief.

Kyra glanced once over her shoulder, then scooted closer, the chair dragging loudly across the floor. Kyra took a shaky breath in and out, the pain in her shattered arm echoing numbly through her. Kyra paid no heed to it anymore. It was strange the things you could learn to live with. Would losing Romi be like losing her arm?

Could Kyra adapt, however poorly, and learn to think outside it again?

She didn't want to.

She leaned in, shaking like a leaf as she rested her chin on Romi's shoulder. A hair's breathe from her ear, she whispered a hard truth. "I'm scared." Blue eyes scanned Romi's face for a response, but the Blonde's features remained as still as a lake at dawn... She was so beautiful. So strong. Kyra had wanted nothing more than to be just like her growing up.

She brushed a strand a hair off Romi's forehead, a sob catching in her throat. "I came for your help, but now... who's gonna help you?" Kyra squeezed her eyes closed, her face going into Romi's collarbone. The grief came through in soft waves.

1GTlOFz.png

Last edited:

lHgQeR5.png
Morning.

It's light pushed movement into the world around it. People woke up. People Ate. People bathed. Kyra watched wordlessly as all this was done by the hands of nurses for her sister. Their gentle touch and patient perseverance through even the most unsavory of tasks reminded Kyra of Nida those days after Yurb.

Even as a patient, without an eye, the little Zeltron got herself out of her hospital bed and helped the other wounded. Maybe you could say it was in her blood. She was a healer, a helper, but that all felt like one massive copout. What good was that blood if Nida had turned sith anyway? Sitting there, alone and without a hand, Kyra realized one thing.

It had all been a choice.

Every part of everything was a choice.

For weeks now, Kyra had been sitting there waiting for aid; like the victims of Yurb-- frozen in the streets, helpless and incapable of picking up their own damn gun.

Waiting for someone to save her family.

Well no more.​

Last edited:

ZNjXd8o.png

Morning rounds complete, the hospital room grew still once more. Kyra stood by the nightstand overlooking her sister, her fingers mindlessly tracing the jeweled pendant laying there. Kyra knew of it, though not intimately. It had been a gift from the mysterious Hapen Prince. An object she had seen her sister wear on all the countless news articles and media postings. Kyra had been so jealous once. Or envious. Was there much of a difference? It seemed like so long ago she was rummaging through Romi's old room, snooping for a piece of the Elder Enigma she had been so desperate to embody.

Romi had left the family for this. All of this.

Now where was the prince Romi had traded her life for? Not here. Had it been worth it? One thing was for sure... this lifestyle they chased... there was no backing out now.

Kyra approached Romi again. Her blood shot eyes were bare of tears. Her expression was composed, pinching slightly at the corners as she grasped again for her sister's hand.

She took a deep breath in, the reached out with her mind, probing gently.

'Romi Elizabeth Jade.' Came the mental voice. 'You are not allowed to do this. Your family needs you. I need you. Do you hear me? You need to fight.'

Her fingers grew warm, charged with energy she didn't mean to gather. But she do so anyways, operating off of instinct as she poured the light from herself, into the still form laying before her.

"I am going to save our family," She vowed. "And when I get back-- And I will get back. You better be here to braid my hair. Because I-I can't do that myself anymore-... And Nida is gonna need a really good two handed hug. Do you hear me? We need you and your stupid two hands, so fight Romi, fight like the Perl you are!"

The energy bursted off her in a small pulse, rippling curtains and blowing back hair. Kyra slumped, exhaustion creeping through her limbs as she slowly... opened... her eyes...

"I will get our sister back. And when I return, I will find who did this to you. They will pay. " Her final promise was spoken into the air, a single tear streaming down her cheek. She slipped her fingers away, releasing Romi for the last time. She stared down at the gaunt figure, doing everything in her power not to let her lower lip wobble.

"...I will do you proud."

She turned from the bed and walked out, taking the pendant as she went.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom