Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Things A Woman Knows

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
He grinned at her, tapping the Viper so get rid of some of the ash, using a small bowl that was situated on her desk. He kicked up his legs, looking at her.

“Well, it was actually surprisingly simple.” He mused out loud to her. “The funds came from Titan obviously, skirted through Kuhn Consolidated acting as a 'private investor' and then into what would become the beginning of Astraeus Industrial. The Republic has poor financial management systems. Titan was able to divert the funds through a few neutral worlds KC operates on and boom, untraceable.”

Alric grinned, then shifted in the chair slightly. “Oh, and Rebecca Bailey the CEO? Human Replica droid.”

Another long draw of the Viper.

“You gave me the idea for that one.” His words were laden with heavy smoke.

There was a slight rueful narrowing of her eyes at the mention of Six.

"Did I now?" needless to say, Six was a hot debated issue between the two friends. One that still riled her up, especially considering the deep scrub down she needed to get done to the HRD after. For the longest time, Six would start randomly cleaning things at a cue word. It took forever to finally figure what it was and get it fixed.

Granted, Six was also used in another variety of ways that came to mind. But that was neither here nor there anymore.

"I'll be sure to relay that to Six." A pause, then a quirk of a brow.

"So... what are you plotting?" he always had some wild scheme or the next. It was easier now, talking to him.

A bit more normalcy as the time would tick by. Had to be.

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
He smiled at her.

“Profit.” He said in simple explanation. “Pure profit.”

That was the truth. There was no sinister design behind Astraeus Industrial, no great betrayal of the Republic planned. It was simply a corporation out to make as much money as it could, but why was that? Why did Alric Kuhn risk it all for money? Especially when he had so much of it already.

To see if he could.

“To do that however I need Astraeus to expand, and for that I need something unique. Something that you, and Browncoat, can help me with.” Now he was getting to his point.

There it was.

The reason he came. Her brows would arch higher and her finger would continue the small tap against the glass that had prompted a pause earlier.

"And what is that?" Danger would query in curiosity. There were few things Alric ever came to her out of necessity. One was business and, most recently, the other dealt in the matters of the heart.

The things a woman knows.

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
“Ssi-Ruuvi Ion Paddle Beamers.” Alric said. “I know your company has had dealings with the technology. I need it.”

That was easy.

Of course he didn't expect her to just hand it over. This was a negotiation, a deal. She would get whatever she needed out fo it, and of course Eventually Rebecca would come around here and make the deal herself to make everything official.

It was just faster this way.

Danger began to slowly swivel from side to side in her chair.

Here she was a bit more in her element. Here she could shine. The tip of her finger would continue its slow tap against her whiskey glass, mulling over what he wanted.

"What do you need it for?" She would as bluntly. "It isn't technology easily accessible..." Browncoat had done some dealings with Ironcrown that resulted in the bulk purchase of Ssi-Ruuvi technology in the form of massive Lwhekk Aleph-class Manufacturing Ships. The agreement made with Lord of the Fringe also included continued manufacture of ships for them as well, allowing access to technology normally not seen outside of Fringe Space.

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
He tapped the Viper once again.

“A weapon based off of its function, but not design. Something simple, not necessarily for soldiers, wrist mounted.” He quickly prattled off the general idea. The gist of it was simple really, its function and design created to aid rather than hurt. It would have a normal blaster setting of course, but that wasn't its primary function.

“It will be Astraeus break out into weapon design.” Alric told her. “A way to make a splash with something new and never before seen.”

A simple way.

Another tap of her glass.

"Alright, how about a tit for a tat?" she would suggest, leaning forward. " I'll give you access to the technology if you do me a favor in turn."

"Browncoat Arms & Industrial currently serves in making the tech -- get me a contract to serve as your main provider of the parts and maintenance and you got yourself a deal."

It was funny how much easier it was to talk business than emotions. Maybe she'd just been doing this for so long that it was stranger to do otherwise.

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
“Done.” Alric said.

With that, the deal was completed. Why he had come here was finished, and they could get on with everything. He swung his legs from the desk and stood from the chair, tall, handsome, and still smoking that Viper. The thing had seemingly lasted forever now, though Alric seemed to take no note of that. Instead he walked over to where Danger sat.

“Rebecca will come by sometime next week, finalize the deal and make it more...official. I don't have any public face in Astraeus.” He leaned in and kissed her on the cheek as a goodbye. “Don't be a stranger Danger.”

He smiled at his own joke, then shifted and began to walk out the door.

The brush of lips on her cheek and then came his departure.

Alric would walk away, his business done. His goals attained. He made a heck of a sight, he did. He always did that. Pouring out confidence and arrogance in spades.

A beautiful bastard.

That smile that had warmed at him prior to his quip would start to fade. Don't be a stranger Danger, mmm?

"Too late. " came her soft whisper. A small glace would be spared at the small Dejarik holoarray. There came a small press of a button, the flare of colors as the board would reveal the various pieces of her current game. Unlike the analog set she had at home, this was here for her to use when traveling.

She'd taken longer than normal to reply and make her move.

Too long.

Her green eyes would dart over towards the leftover pieces, the various positions and tactics that she'd been mulling over the past three weeks.

It was funny how this game was much like her life.

Finally, with a sigh, she moved the M'onnok forward to the left on black. A kintan strider death gambit. A sacrifice for the greater good.

A fork.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom