Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Terror From Beyond 2: Let's Punch Out Cthulhu (Wide Open)

Energy drained from the Sith Lord as he looked up, crimson gaze in statuesque stern contemplation of the battle and efforts of those involved. His arms felt heavy, he thought, as the sabers extinguished and found themselves reattached to his backplate. He felt a sudden surge of fatigue, a lightheartedness as he rubbed the shoulder recently dislocated, looking up to the monster that began to move forward. It's stomps rippled the asphalt, bouncing light poles and flinging dead bodies like a displaced trampoline. He considered dropping to a knee, the acute weight of the armor almost too much to take. And he felt the jagged piece of a rock sticking out from a bicep, flung just at the weakspot of his armor, sending a slow trickle of blood down tanned skin and blackened tattoos. From his ears, blood trickled from the damage of the vocal shock-wave. He was tired and drained, a candle at the end of it's wick. That is, until he heard those words, until he felt them resonate against his body.

Deja vu took over his cognizant efforts to stand as he felt an almost normalized response to the voice echoing across the sound-waves. Annaj, he thought, as he turned his view to find [member="Matsu Xiangu"]'s lips moving, speaking those old and ancient things. Tilting his head, an animals intrigue, his glancing posture careened to spectate the movement of things undead yet...not dead. Bodies recently broken from rubble and buildings and the insanity of the monster found purpose in their running, their new enemy. He didn't need to question their intention, they broke their waves around him to scurry against the monster likes rats and vultures upon corpse. They would have no true impact but Matsu's words, they echoed deep into Gabriel. Awakening something visceral, a desire to move that overwhelmed any prevailing notions of stopping and sleeping. Her resurrection spell had given more than she may have planned, or perhaps exactly how much she wanted. From his skin and pores and bones, enmity and rancor spilled out in palpable black tones. A renewed vigor, the reserve implementation of Force Body, he turned back to the monster and flexed a fist. Those that burned twice as bright burn twice as fast, but he was beyond the point of caring. The use of the power formed it's foundation in the slight and abrupt merger of the two identities, Gabriel abusing whatever may have divided him and Reverance, for the time being, to allow an increase an energy beyond his own reserves. It was a desperate thing, an opening of the gate that would be difficult to close.

Grinding his teeth, he pushed the force to his feet as he launched himself towards the beast. With each bounce, he gripped a gnawing and clawing zombie with his hands, mounting and climbing the beast. A flea taking advantage of the hair upon leg. He climbed and climbed, dodging those that may have opened the armor to reveal the acidic blood within. He spotted, with a wayward glance, a wound vomited roiling maggot insides upon a column of zombies. Liquid organs and limbs plummeted to the ground below in a wash of acrid fluid. Pungent and toxic, he watched opened wounds bite back at the beasts that created it. In that moment, he had clarity in his next move.

Fully ascending the monster, dodging swinging and attacking flesh, he stood upon a sessile but erect tentacle. He was given the awkwardly quiet opportunity to stare into the maw of the beast, to feel the full embrace of the monster. But he was beyond it's mental touch, burning far too hot for it's affect. Just in front of him, he spotted the opening he was looking for. Some of the zombies had opening a gaping and breathing hole just above the connection between body and tentacle. Gabriel gathered the force to him, focusing on the torrential capacities of the force when properly harnessed. He focused it all, becoming a conduit that was breaching it's limit, into the palm of his hands. A contained tornado, the wind whipped around him, as the Kinetite found it's origins within the center of his hand. It grew and grew and grew, beating and growing with each pulsation. He would have let it go far earlier, but it needed more to pack the punch he desired. Finding itself a spherical whirlwind of larger size than the man who wielded it, Gabriel stepped forward and spun, launching the thing, with his inertia, into the newly formed mouth that swallowed it with unknowing glee.

It was silent, for just a singular moment, before the explosion from within bulged the flesh outward and broke the seams that connected tentacle to flesh. It was an abrupt pop, as was the explosion that followed. The acid shot outwardly, deflecting off of Gabriel's recently formed barrier, before the tentacle shot outward from rocketing flesh and formed a massive bleeding wound of it's own. The monster screamed violently in pain. As the tentacle spun, Gabriel was sent flying violently away from it. The tentacle bounced against the ground and splattered acid against the monsters feet. Gabriel was sent flying through the sky like a newly released rocket, scraping across the top of the building before crashing through the raised ledge and down into the next buildings rooftop, caving in a ac unit before coming to a rolling stop. It would have been broken, he thought, holding his left forearm. Had it not been for the preventive stint the bracer formed. Letting out a cough, he lifted himself from the ground and leaned against the raised ledge, sitting calmly on it to reveal the lazy posture of a tired individual. He would take a break, he thought, as he pressed his hands against his side and felt at least three ribs broken in his bounce against the air conditioning unit, beneath the segmented armor. It was good to prevent cuts and projectiles, but did very little to prevent bludgeoning damage. And even a barrier can be pushed in against such reckless power.

[member="Ayden Cater"] | [member="Ashin Varanin"] | [member="Vilaz Munin"] | [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] | [member="Mrrew"] | [member="Khallesh "]| [member="Vhrendai Embersky"] | [member="Feena Mason"]

Everybody was moving so fast, and in an almost uncordinated way. However, no one faltered in taking their part of a hunk from the beast from beyond. While others were ripping pieces off of the beast, and stabbing "needles" into it's skin, I decided that I too would join in the fray. Having Storm, I drew it and almost with an uncanny resemblence that my brother had once done, my sword became aflame as I ran towards the tenticles that had slammed down. Pulling itself up. Beings that threw around buildings like a child with toys were more important than a little fire.

Or so was thought.

Taking the sword, I pierced down into it's hide. The fiery blade sinking so fast, I thought I might have cut all the way through it. Smiling, I waited as it pulled the tenticle up. Keeping a death grip upon the blade that I needed to replace soon. I could hear groans as eyes were being ripped out. As well as the fight with [member="Ashin Varanin"], and another familiar face of [member="Reverance"], Fighting their way to the beast to get their own hunks. This was my chance to get something that could help me with my own work. I already had a Jacket of a hide from one of these creatures, now I wanted more. I loved the leather, and most importantly, I wanted some of it's bones.

Tenticles would only fill half of that. My mind came back to the present as I pulled the blade out from the tenticle. Flung high into the air, I smiled as I used telekinesis. Still seeing the burn marks I left, I sot myself downward. I knew my sword would not reach anywhere near that kind of length, but I had to try and cut it off. I wanted this sword to be as long as a ship. I wanted my reach to cut the entire tenticle in half. I hated this beast.

Chanelling all of the anger I had for my brother, the hate of the Sith and their tortureous ways, the pain I have to deal with all of my life, and the struggle of life and keeping my darkest secrets hidden from everyone so much so, that I might forget who she is. I wanted to prove that I was better than my brother. I wanted to hold power not because I wanted to be the best there ever was. I killed, I destroyed, I murdered, I pillaged, not because I could, but so I could earn the right to live a normal life. I fueled everything I had into cutting just a stupid arm off.

But it worked.

Cutting down with all I had, I made a sword sixe cut all the way down the length of the tenticle, and not even a second after landing, both arms came up grabbing a hold of either side with the force, and ripped the tenticle apart. The sounds of skin, leather, muscle, and nerves ripping apart as I physically shook from the pure use the force. Still yelling, I thought my voice had left me when the tenticle had fallen to the ground in a heap of oozing blood. I was covered in blood, not my own, as another tenticle came to try and defend it's brother. Making myself as small as possible, the earth came up in front of me in the form of a wall, As think as I could make it, the tenticle skill crashed through, but only sent my flying a few.... well more like 50 meters, rolling to a stop. I cringed from the pain.

I was no where near done. I was pissed now. "I may be small, but I will show you how much a fire ant hurts." My sword still a blaze I ran towards the nearest tencile. Letting it come towards me, I yelled as it slammed into me, however I was not sent flying. Sword pierced into the hide, I hung on and jumped from there, rolling to the top of the tenticle as it flew, stopping to send me up in the air once more, I flew towards it's head with a little of telekinesis. Intending to take another eye out.

Only, I was smacked out of the sky to fly into a corprate building. Slamming through glass at first, then through tables, chairs, cubicals, offices and stopping after the 5th wall. Coming to my feet, I was in immence pain. "Kark you." Spitting blood on the ground, I tried to get up, but found I was bleeding out through cuts from glass and whatever else. pulling out the glass, I sealed up the wounds with fire. Carterizing them to be fixed later. I then walked through the many holes I made to try and get back into the fight.

TD;LR Cut off a tenticle, got beat up, end spot of a building with carterized wounds. Moving back towards the fight.

The fear broke into Mrrew's mind- the thing that drove the inhabitants of the city insane. What was he doing here? He wasn't force sensitive, he wasn't like the others fighting him. He had no defence against Lotek'ks favorite trick. He was stupid enough to attract the thing's attention, attacking it like an ant, without so much as minimal defence against the behemoth. Now he was going to die for it. He was going to die. He was going to die. He had to run. But where? Where could he run? He was going to die. The Togorian lay there on top of the building wreck he'd been shooting from. The thing that broke the minds of thousands of the city's inhabitants was ready to do the same to the Togorian.

And then it stopped.

The creature was having arms ripped out, eyes gouged out, it's skull tunneled through like a rabbit's warren. It needed all of it's power, all of it's focus, on the more immidiete threats; the force users. SO it turned it's attention fromt he measly ants that scurried around trying their best to do what the force users did easily. As quickly as it begunn, the fear, theillusions that had begun with it, began to fade from Mrrew's mind.Now if he was some kind of action holoflick hero, or a Jedi Master or something, he would stand up and start fighting the thing again. But he wasn't; he was an injured Togorian way over his head. And he was exghausted. He could barely move. He certainly couldn't make hismelf stand up, get to his ship, get away from the danger he'd foolishly walked into. The tiny fraction of Lotek'ks power that was used on Mrrew completely drained him.

He couldn't reach for his slugthrower, he couldn't fight the thing, but he could press a button. He'd been in plenty of dangerous situations before; he knew that while fighting something that's trying to disembowel you, it's not a good idea to take the time o call in for backup. So he'd arranged for the crew of the ship he'd come on to have the specialized vulture droids he'd brought ready on a moment notice. To only wait for a signal from his comlink. One that he activated with a press of a button.

Now a tank squad probalby couldn't kill the monster they were fighting, but that wasn't the idea. Five vulture droids specially made for stunning the likes of Angry leviathon and hulking exogorth appeared on the scene within moments. They were programmed with orders before Mrrew had left the ship; go for weak spots, try to immobilize the creature. Now Mrrew knew that would never happen, not with droids anyway, but they would sitll be a distraction. A distraction that the Lotek'ks mind manipulations couldn't effect.

Five agile droids began swopping around the Lotek'k's injured face, firing powerful stunning blasts whenever they got close to it's face, firing into eyes and throat, and generally making a nuisance of themselves. THis obviously didn't do much to the creature, but they provided a fine distraction. Who wouldn't be distracted while full powered stunning blasts capable of bringing down Leviathon wer eshot in their face? One of the few tentacles the Lotek'k had left whipped at the droids, but they were small, agile- they easily manuvered around the tentacle, continuing their barrages. And while the Lotek'k was distracted re-inacting a scene from a holoflick featuring a large building-scaling simian, the force sensitives could take the openings Mrrew's droids provided.

(Tl;dr; Since everyone's ripping the thing apart, the Lotek'k turned his mental powers off Mrrew, Mrrew's comepltely exghausted barely able to move, but the vulture droids he brought with him arrived on the scene from the ship still aprked on the edge of the city. They're currently flying around Lotke's head and firing powerful stun blasts in it's face to distract it. :))

The larvae turned and issued shrill creatures in return to the Yuuzhan Vong war cries. Three creatures, three Yuuzhan Vong warriors clad in Skerr Kyrric. Their blood was already pumping from the skirmish with the maddened Chazrach, their amphistaffs already soaked in gore.

Unexpectedly, the larva Khallesh was challenging reared its head and spat a slob of thick liquid. Knowing that biological weapons could be just as effective as the machines used by the infidels who relied on them for so much, she went into a roll.

She came up fast, amphistaff hardening into a spear in her grip. It sank its fangs deep into the belly of the larva, causing it to emit an ear-piercing shriek. The venom didn’t seem to immediately affect the creature’s capabilities however. It lashed out with both long, clawed arms. The first lanced through the air over Khallesh’s head, but the second struck her in the side. Her Skerr Kyrric was young, not as toughened as the more mature creatures. It held, but the claw tip gouged a deep scratch into its surface. Her armour shuddered at the blow and the wind was knocked from her.

She leapt back as the great claws descended again, this time hitting nothing but air before cracking the duracrete road. Her legs wobbled slightly under her, that single blow causing her problems. She didn’t particularly relish the thought of taking another.

At her tactile request the staff went completely limp. As she backed away it cracked out twice, each time scoring a hit and leaving bloody, venom-filled wounds. She creature followed on its four stubby legs, but it didn’t have the speed or reach to catch her. She danced away from it, her whip lashing it again and again.

As it started to slow she aimed her whip for its arm, the amphistaff coiling itself about the limb and sinking its fangs in. Khallesh used the momentum of it pulling the limb back to swing past the beast, still holding fast to the tail end of the amphistaff. Displaying her supreme agility, she mounted the creature’s back, a Coufee appearing in her free hand. It plunged down into the back of the larva’s neck again and again, ichor spraying from the wound freely. The larva collapsed to the ground, the Huntress having to spring away sprightly to avoid being crushed.

Her team regrouped. One of them had an arm that looked almost completely limp. The shoulder caked in black blood, the other had a pronounced limp. She was fairly certain she had several cracked ribs, but she could push on through such a minor wound. Pain only demonstrated that you had found an enemy worth fighting. Still, they had yet to see this terror that had blighted the entire world and they had lost all of their Chazrach, one Hunter, and the remaining party were wounded.

tl;dr The Yuuzhan Vong still haven't joined the party. [member="Jared Ovmar"] continues to display an aversion to posting with an alt ;)

The larvae turned and issued shrill creatures in return to the Yuuzhan Vong war cries. Three creatures, three Yuuzhan Vong warriors clad in Skerr Kyrric. Their blood was already pumping from the skirmish with the maddened Chazrach, their amphistaffs already soaked in gore.

Unexpectedly, the larva Khallesh was challenging reared its head and spat a slob of thick liquid. Knowing that biological weapons could be just as effective as the machines used by the infidels who relied on them for so much, she went into a roll.

She came up fast, amphistaff hardening into a spear in her grip. It sank its fangs deep into the belly of the larva, causing it to emit an ear-piercing shriek. The venom didn’t seem to immediately affect the creature’s capabilities however. It lashed out with both long, clawed arms. The first lanced through the air over Khallesh’s head, but the second struck her in the side. Her Skerr Kyrric was young, not as toughened as the more mature creatures. It held, but the claw tip gouged a deep scratch into its surface. Her armour shuddered at the blow and the wind was knocked from her.

She leapt back as the great claws descended again, this time hitting nothing but air before cracking the duracrete road. Her legs wobbled slightly under her, that single blow causing her problems. She didn’t particularly relish the thought of taking another.

At her tactile request the staff went completely limp. As she backed away it cracked out twice, each time scoring a hit and leaving bloody, venom-filled wounds. She creature followed on its four stubby legs, but it didn’t have the speed or reach to catch her. She danced away from it, her whip lashing it again and again.

As it started to slow she aimed her whip for its arm, the amphistaff coiling itself about the limb and sinking its fangs in. Khallesh used the momentum of it pulling the limb back to swing past the beast, still holding fast to the tail end of the amphistaff. Displaying her supreme agility, she mounted the creature’s back, a Coufee appearing in her free hand. It plunged down into the back of the larva’s neck again and again, ichor spraying from the wound freely. The larva collapsed to the ground, the Huntress having to spring away sprightly to avoid being crushed.

Her team regrouped. One of them had an arm that looked almost completely limp. The shoulder caked in black blood, the other had a pronounced limp. She was fairly certain she had several cracked ribs, but she could push on through such a minor wound. Pain only demonstrated that you had found an enemy worth fighting. Still, they had yet to see this terror that had blighted the entire world and they had lost all of their Chazrach, one Hunter, and the remaining party were wounded.

tl;dr The Yuuzhan Vong still haven't joined the party. [member="Jared Ovmar"] continues to display an aversion to posting with an alt ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom