Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Terrible Toys.

Heart Breaker and Life Taker
Current Outfit

Great another dictator, sounds definitely like a person who abuses power to hurt others. Hilal kept her mouth shut though as Akiya wasn't sure that if ruled by force or by vote. Still, everything Hilal heard about Kilran made the young woman tempted to kick his fracking ass for the way he treated Akiya. "Right the computers look like they date back to the 800s," Hilal said allowing Akiya to cling and lean onto her. "Meaning their tech is way out of date, the lights are on which means there's a generator still powering this place up."

She gingerly approached one of the computers it screen flickering to life. Hilal brushed the dust and cobwebs off and took out her hacking kit. "Let's see....." Hilal said turning on her device and pressing the option to crack the password. "Ah chit," Hilal muttered. "Firewall is strong, I'm going to need access to the labs main control program. They have the list of passwords that I need. I was hoping that I can just grab the password from the computer, But this lab actually has a sophisticated security system."

Hilal heard Akiya teeth chattering. "Hey, I'm here," Hilal said reaching to gently pat her cheek. "You can cling onto me has long as you want to. Come on let's go together." Hilal approached the so-called cloning tube and saw what looked to be a..... stuffed rabbit inside.

"A toy?" Hilal mumbled. "What the hell are they doing? Experimenting with dolls?"

Akiya Orime Akiya Orime

Last edited:

Outfit: Velran’s Gift Dress
Tags: Hilal Vizsla Hilal Vizsla

Akiya was right behind Hilal as the Mandalorian examined the computers. She giggled at the assessment of the computers. Being a genius most people wanted to Akiya to have the most up to date electronics to ensure that her tests were as accurate as possible. The one time in university that she was required to use a set of computers that was two generations old she nearly lost it and made one of her less intelligent classmates deal with data input while Akiya managed the experiments and the presentations on her own computer. That being the case it was hard for Akiya to believe the computers even worked if they were as old as what Hilal said. ”Power means we’ll have to bypass something in order to open the doors out…” Akiya reminded Hilal solemnly. The geneticist wasn’t sure they were entirely safe in the lab. But she wasn’t going to let Hilal go it alone in her current condition.

Akiya grinned again when it seemed Hilal had tech to be able to interface with the old computers. Of course she did. Hilal always seemed ready. Made Akiya wonder how Hilal managed to get so injured. She had heard the tale of three Jedi, but Akiya still somehow expected Hilal to have come out on top of things. Akiya’s grin turned into a frown when Hilal announced that the computer’s defenses were too strong for her tools. ”So deeper into the lab then huh?” Akiya closed the half step distance that she allowed for Hilal to access the computer. It was obvious she was not excited about the idea.

Akiya smiled and blushed at Hilal’s comforting words and the pat on the cheek. She almost leaned into Hilal’s hand, but managed to refrain. Permission to cling was comforting as well. But Akiya didn’t want to seem too girly and frightened. She managed not to reach out and hold on to Hilal’s waist, but was as close as possible. ”Together,” Akiya agreed with a nod.

Akiya’s head cocked to the side and rested momentarily on Hilal’s shoulder as she looked at the toy. She stood a little straighter realizing it might have been a embarrassing stance as she considered what could have been. ”Well. With cybernetics they could make a toy basically act on its own. It could be a nice feature for some children…”

Current Outfit

"For children?" Hilal asked her eyebrows crinkled into a frown. "Looking at that doll, I'm doubtful they had children in mind." When she was a child, Hilal loved dolls mainly because they looked cute and cuddly. Their doe and unassuming eyes put Hilal at ease and she loved the way the doll felt soft when Hilal hugged them close for comfort. In fact, Hilal began collecting dolls as a hobby recently to the point where she built an entire room dedicated to stuffed animals. Akiya would probably love it, in fact Hilal will need to give her one of her dolls someday.

"Look at this," Hilal said giving Akiya some space where she can lean her chin on her shoulder and picked up the stuffed rabbit animal. "The blood red eyes, stains of what appears to be blood staining the doll and-" Hilal began to squeeze the doll the toy felt hard like concrete. "It's heavy as well."

Just then, the doll wriggled out of Hilal's hands. "What the frack?!" Hilal immediately stood up making sure that Akiya was behind her as the doll began to dance around. "I-I am....." The doll spoke in a guttural tone which sounded like stone scraping against stone. "Born to fight..... I will kill!"

Hilal pulled out her pistol ready to fire but sparks began to flicker from the doll. It gave a laugh limping towards the two women before falling onto the ground motionless. Hilal's heart began to race, what the frack was that thing?! "Akiya," Hilal whispered. "Are you o-"

The doll exploded into a bloody paste causing Hilal stumble back giving a yelp of surprise. "CHIT!" Hilal yelled seeing bloody chunks of the dolls splattering all over the lab. "It's clear it's not just cybernetics! What is going on here?!" Hilal gulped as she took a deep breath, she had to be strong for Akiya. "It's clear that these things are more than just dolls," Hilal stated.

Akiya Orime Akiya Orime

Akiya was a little surprised by Hilal’s reaction towards a toy that would learn and react like a living thing. ”Are you saying you wouldn’t have loved to have a stuffed toy that would interact with you like a real puppy? Or one that would learn while you trained it? Oh. I have to admit that I’m not always the biggest fan of cybernetics, when biotics will work just fine. But the possibility of learning toys is stupendous.” Following Hilal’s next remark Akiya adjusted her head to rest on Hilal’s shoulder and took a closer look at the “toy”.

Hilal was right. This thing certainly didn’t look like anything that Akiya would have enjoyed, or even something that she would have bought for a particularly hardened niece or nephew. It looked more like a monster than a doll. When Hilal squeezed the doll it started to move and got out of Hilal’s grip. Akiya gave a soft whimper and wrapped her arms around Hilal’s waist making Hilal’s back and Akiya’s front almost one in the same. ”It is autonomous!” Akiya exclaimed in disbelief. ”Did it say born to fight? And kill? Maybe we should find a way out. This doesn’t seem as important a mission now…” Akiya squeezed Hilal tighter.

As the sparking toy started towards them Akiya was pressed so tightly to Hilal that the young Mandalorian would be able to feel Akiya’s heart beating very rapidly. Akiya’s breath was hurried as well, then the toy fell to the ground. Hilal began to check on Akiya when the doll exploded.
”Is…is that blood?” Akiya questioned. She was not squeamish when it came to the sight of blood. She was a celebrated biologist and a certified medical doctor after all. But this situation was quite frightening. ”Yes that is clear. But the question is what do we do about it? Run? If we don’t seal this place up properly they might get out…but do we really want to go further?” Akiya was shivering and her heart and breath were both racing.

Current Outfit

“I mean I don’t mind walking dolls!” Hilal said grimacing a bit when Akiyas arms tightened around Hilals slender waist causing her bruised back to flare up again. When Hilal was sent to the hospital after the battle, the medical droid informed Hilal that she had 3 herniated discs. Though she did take it easy, resting and repairing her armor, the moment her people placed a notice for a mission, Hilal couldn’t resist. Still, Hilal made sure not to outwardly show her pained look to Akiya. She needed protection , it was clear that she was frightened based on her rapid heartbeats that pounded against Hilals spine.

“I’d say it’s more important that we take care of this now,” Hilal said looking at the blood splattered room. The young woman inched closer, kneeling down holding her watch next to the blood scanning it. “According to the results,” Hilal said. “It is blood all right…. Human blood.”

She looked at Akiya. “Were there any experiments like this before Akiya?” Hilal asked out of curiosity. “I’ve never seen toys filled with live blood before.”

Akiya may not want to go in, but it make Hilal curious about what were these people doing inside of this lab. What kind of messed up experiments were they doing? “Is it possible that these dolls were made out of….” Hilal took a deep breath. “People? No Akiya, we need to seal this place, destroy it if necessary. That means we’re going to have to do further investigation.”

Hilal slowly got up making sure that Akiya was clung onto her back. “There’s a door just ahead,” Hilal said pointing at a rusted door with computer. “There’s a terminal placed there as well. It looks easy enough to hack in.”

Akiya Orime Akiya Orime

Akiya had forgotten about Hilal’s injuries when the horror of the moment took hold. Eventually however she did loosen hold and finally when she felt safe again as there didn’t seem to be further threats in this room, Akiya’s arms just sorta hung on Hilal’s hips, ready to cling again at a moment’s notice but no longer putting pressure on HIlal’s back. The realization that the blood that exploded from the “toy” was human caused Akiya’s jaw to clench, but she managed to not hug tightly to Hilal again. Not yet at least.

”I mean…anything is possible…but I tended towards the moral side of genetics…Until I started taking orders from Kilran at least. Even then I would protest anything that amounted to torture. What would they possibly be doing to add human blood to exploding killer toys?” Akiya wasn’t sure if she was making sense. She wasn’t used to having a partner when doing research. Not since university at least. In Akiya’s process she usually just threw out all the questions as they entered her head.

”Wait? You think that whoever built those things used human tissue? How fracked in the head would they have to be? Even if you wanted to make a ‘live’ toy, non-sentient organic material would be much easier. Chit, you could just manufacture organic material.” In times of stress it seemed that Hilal’s habit of cursing was rubbing off on Akiya. Though when she used the words they were more likely to make someone giggle at the out of place nature than think Akiya was angered and willing to do something about it.

Akiya didn’t want to go in further, but she did agree that now that they’d opened this box up they would need to make sure the horrors within did not get out and soil the galaxy. ”Hacking is your thing. If you say it’s easy I believe you…I’ll…be right behind you til you need some biologic science expertise.” Akiya followed close, just short of pulling the two so close together that Akiya would look like some sort of parasite attached to Hilal’s back. As they made their way to the door, Hilal would again feel Akiya’s heartbeat thumping against her back and shoulder.

Current Outfit

Wait….. what did Akiya mean when she said that she stayed with the moral side of genetics until she started taking orders from Kilran? Did that mean that Akiya was doing some morally unethical experiments like the scientists in this area possibly was doing? Hilal hoped not but then again if what Akiya said about Kilran was true then Hilal needed to do something in order to get Akiya out of her predicament. Then again, Akiya was still vague about her “employment” and Hilal didn’t want to go on an impromptu rescue. But the temptation to help Akiya has been growing.

“I’m not sure,” Hilal responded making sure to sidestep the chunks of blood that was splattered all over the floor. “I don’t even know why would you use people to experiment on at all. It’s horrific and there’s no honor in what they’re doing.”

She frowned making sure that Akiyas hands were secure on her hips. She didn’t want Akiya to let go of her especially now the mission got ten times as dangerous. “You got to a fracked up mind to do something like this,” Hilal said as they approached the computer panel and got out her hacking pad. “But….. Akiya do you know the purpose of doing a biology experiment in converting people into toys?”

Only Akiya seemed to know about this stuff. Hilal gave a reassuring squeeze on Akiyas hand since she felt her heart beat against back. Hilal didn’t know why but it felt satisfying to feel the rhythm of Akiyas heartbeat. It made her feel relaxed even if Akiya was anything but. The young woman began to work on the lock frowning in the process. “Okay,” she said accessing the door. “It seems that I do have access but it’s restricted.”

Hilal sighed, the place was secure as chit. “At least I have control over this floor,” she said looking over her kit. “But damn I need that overseer keycard that keeps popping up.”

Hilal began to ask the computer for directions only to get an answer of a room straight down the hall. “This is the slicing life,” Hilal chuckled. “If you really want to get anything you’re gonna have to find the source and in my case, it’s located in the overseers office which is to our left.”

She pointed towards the hallway. “Come on Akiya,” Hilal said though it was only to make Akiya feel safe as she knew that she was literally right behind her.

Akiya Orime Akiya Orime

Akiya was in full agreement on experimenting on any sentient beings, some non-sentients if there was a desired negative effect to the experimenting. Some would say that drug testing was experimentation, but something was needed to prove out the theory of the benefit of a chemical before it could be used on a large scale basis. Those trials had to be done and were not with any sort of malice. Anyone who had their flesh added to one of these toys definitely wouldn’t have done so because they thought it was for the betterment of the galaxy… well that wasn’t necessarily true. There were some sick folks out there.”Some experiments are not to cause harm like this. But I agree there is nothing about this that says honor.”

Akiya thought about what Hilal asked about the toys and people. ”Only thing I could think of is the age-old argument of instinct over programming. If they were able to put someone’s brain in these things too. I mean choosing targets and completing missions is much better done by a sentient mind than a droid. Other than that the only thing I can think of would be the biological material would someone trick scanners into ignoring the threat that is hidden in the toy.” Akiya gave a shrug. Neither theory seemed all that fruitful to her. She was still attached to the theory that the toy creators were just being off their rocker.

Hearing that Hilal had some access was better news that Akiya had moments before. Hearing that they needed an overseer key that was not available at the moment was disheartening though. Then Hilal told Akiya where they could find what they were looking for. Akiya gave a small cheer and a soft hug to Hilal. ”I’m right behind you,” Akiya said with a giggle. Hilal could feel the heat from Akiya’s body (unless Hilal’s suit was superinsulated) telling Hilal of her position was not really necessary.

Current Outfit

"I have to admit...." Hilal said as she began to limp towards the hallway. "That's a clever way to use as a Bounty Hunter or even an assassin but.... is it necessary to use blood? Like human blood?"

It was a mystery to Hilal as to what was the logic behind it. Maybe realistic toys were all the rage now and days which if true was a little creepy to Hilal. What happened to regular old stuffed animals. But then again, Akiya did express her interest in animatronics. Hilal gave a smile when Akiya giggled and cheered feeling her body warmth radiating against hers. The giggle sounded like as smooth as a mother's soothing voice (well from what Hilal could gather from the Holofilms she watched) and she did enjoy Akiya's touch.

However, Hilal's smile faded the moment she got closer to the hallway. "Oh frack me," Hilal whispered seeing the walls of the hallway filled with dents and what appeared to be dried blood splattered all over the place. "What happened here?" Hilal muttered as she placed her hand on her Blaster Pistol. "Did this have anything to do with that damned toy?"

4b9c76c9f8ea45ec8bed1770f18cde7c.webp

Akiya Orime Akiya Orime

Hilal almost sounded complimentary to the creator of the toys. If their reason was as Akiya had theorized. Akiya knew that Hilal’s view was from a Mandalorian point of view that always saw the advantages of war, but when Hilal questioned the use of blood and such Akiya knew there was more in Hilal’s heart than just war. The geneticist could think of no good reason to use real human blood and/or flesh to make these toys. ”If I’m honest. I think whoever created this thing is a psychopath. Something in the process makes sense to them. But to everyone else it is just plain sick.”

Hilal’s curses were always a question mark for Akiya. Sometimes it was just a warcry and others it meant that bad things were about to happen. This time Hilal’s whisper made Akiya think it was the latter. When Akiya slowly looked over Hilal’s shoulder she sighed in relief that the curse was merely for the state of the room and not an immediate threat. As Akiya looked around, the fact that they were not actively being attacked became less comforting.

”I bet you that is not the only toy we’re going to find,” Akiya stated with a stutter to her words. The grip she had on Hilal’s hips tightened as she wanted to pull Hilal close for protection. Akiya realized however that Hilal was brandishing her pistol. That being the case, as much as it disheartened her, Akiya knew that a little space was needed to be at the safest. ”We need to get to that overseer’s office. Get a look at some sort of data. Maybe then we’ll know what’s hiding down here.”

Current Outfit

Akiya was right, there was no way that malfunctioning toy was going to be the first that they'll encounter regardless of Hilal's hopes to the contrary. As Hilal placed Akiya closer to her noticing that she tightened her grip around her hips. "It's okay Akiya," Hilal whispered. "You can get closer."

Well, it wasn't like she separated far from Hilal in fact the opposite. But Hilal liked Akiya clinging onto her especially if it meant that Akiya will be safe. "I just want to shut down this place," Hilal said slowly walking down the corridor. "I just-"

The sounds of a maniacal laughter combined with scuttling of feet echoing in the distance. Hilal braced for Akiya's inevitable cling before taking out her Blaster Pistol. "Where did that laugh come from?!" Hilal hissed her eyes darting around the damaged hallway. "HEY BASTARD! SHOW YOURSELF NOW!" Hilal shouted her finger slowly touching the trigger. The frantic tapping of footsteps grew fainter before silence filled the desolated and damged hallway.

"Fracking hell," Hilal muttered. "I hate these mind games and I really hate that you're right Akiya which is why you really need to stay close."

Now Hilal's heart was racing in conjunction with Akiya's. They were beating simultaneously which felt strange but Hilal had to be strong for her friend. "Just keep moving Akiya," Hilal whispered. "I'm here don't let go of me....."

She was really talking to herself, the last thing Hilal wanted was to give into fear. They finally approached the Overseer's office as Hilal opened the door before looking back. "So far so good," Hilal sighed. "We just need to look for a keycard of sorts then we're business."

Akiya Orime Akiya Orime

Last edited:

Akiya blushed when Hilal said she could get closer. But Akya was anything but opposed to being close to Hilal. She couldn’t help but wonder if Hilal was being more than just protective, but dismissed that thought as unlikely and at the moment very unnecessary. Instead of continuing to ask herself ridiculous questions about Hilal’s interest level, Akiya moved closer as they continued deeper into the creepy lab. ”I promise to try to stay out of your way.”

Akiya agreed wholeheartedly about the need to make sure this place was shut down if the purpose was to create exploding toys with real blood inside. Before she could put her agreement into words however, even before Hilal could finish her statement of what they would do, there was a high pitched maniacal laugh. Akiya clenched her jaw tightly, biting the inside of her cheek to avoid screaming and gaining the attention of the laugher. At the same time she again wrapped her arms around Hilal and buried her forehead between Hilal’s shoulders as if she could somehow hide behind Hilal. ”Wh-what was th-that?” Akiya whispered before being asked where it had come from. With the echo and Akiya’s pure fright she had no answer to give. She shrugged and shook her head against Hilal’s back.

Hilal called out to the…whatever it was that was laughing. Akiya admired Hilal’s courage, but she honestly wished that if they were intent on finding the source of the laugh Akiya thought it would have been better to use stealth. Luckily to Akiya’s opinion the sounds of whatever was nearby seemed to be moving away from them instead of charging at them. She didn’t think that Hilal would relent in finding it. But if it was retreating maybe that was in their favor. ”In this case I hate being right too. You really think they, it, whatever is playing with us? You sure you didn’t scare it off?” A girl could hope right?

The request to keep moving was not needed. If Hilal moved, Akiya would be dragged along. Though that did not take any extra effort on Hilal’s part as Akiya had no intention to be left alone in this place. ”Ever think about changing the jobs you take so that we don’t end up in these situations…Though I can think of worse things than being stuck on you like this. And we seem to come out of things ok.” Once they were inside the Overseer’s office Hilal needed the key. Akiya started looking around, but she didn’t see anything yet. She hoped they would find it before whatever was laughing got up courage, or gamesmanship to come back.

Current Outfit

"Of course not," Hilal replied when Akiya asked that if she ever thought about switching jobs. Hilal loved helping out her people whenever they were in need. It was no question that Hilal answered the call for missions like this even though she was still hurt. "We've been through worse Akiya," Hilal whispered while she searched around the office. The placed was turned over with items strewn all over the place. There was no blood compared to the one that Hilal and Akiya saw in the hallway but one question still burned in Hilal's mind.

"Where were the bodies?" Hilal whispered to Akiya as she shifted the items away with her foot. "It's just strange to see so much blood all over the hallway but no corpses. It's strange."

Hilal saw the overseer's desk and immediately opened the top drawer. "Bingo!" Hilal said seeing the cardkey in the process. "Now to copy this key to my Hacking tool and we should have access to the lab!"

At least certain rooms, Hilal was certain that there were higher ups who had more clearance than this overseer. Hopefully, this guy had access to the generator. "Okay," Hilal held the keycard to her hacking kit scanning the contents. "Done! Let's see what the hell these guys were experimenting shall we Akiya?" She grinned at her.

Akiya Orime Akiya Orime

Akiya should have known the answer to her question before she even asked, Hilal always seemed to enjoy the excitement. Safe jobs would probably be boring to her. Akiya nodded when Hilal said there was worse. Though she knew that Hilal had plenty of adventure, Akiya wasn’t as confident that she had seen worse. The big fish on Kamino was bad, but who knew how bad this crazy lab could get. ”I’m sure you’re right. I just worry. Not sure I’m built for adventure the same way you are.”

Akiya giggled nervously at Hilal’s question. She wasn’t sure she wanted to know. But it would probably be important to figure out before calling the mission a success. ”How big is this place? If what they were creating here were supposed to be weapons. More than likely there is a test lab. The front lab wasn’t that. It was for diagnostics of some sort. Or maybe even just storage of the end product. The bodies are probably stashed deeper in the facility.” It was a glib theory, that Akiya just knew would lead to them investigating more. That thought had Akiya give Hilal a frightened squeeze.

Akiya was relieved to hear that the key had been located. At least something was looking up. And that likely meant they could get out if things turned on their head. Akiya nodded when asked about investigating data. ”If that key gets our hands on some data between your tech savvy and my biological knowledge I’m sure we’ll figure this out super quick.”

Current Outfit

"I just have a feeling we're scratching the surface," Hilal said attaching the cable to the overseer's Holocomputer. "You're right that this is probably one of many testing areas in this lab."

After a few seconds, the Holocomputer booted up, a grin spread across Hilal's face. "Bingo!" Hilal said accessing the command prompt. "Access main program." She typed.

PERMISSION DENIED the word flashed on the screen causing Hilal to growl a bit in frustration. "Looks like we know he doesn't have access." Hilal said to Akiya. "But yeah we should get this done quickly considering that you and I are team and there's nothing that can stop us."

She turned around and winked at Akiya her lips accidentally brushing off her cheek though Hilal didn't notice. "Okay," Hilal muttered typing again. "Access main security grid."

PERMISSION DENIED

Hilal sighed. The Overseer wasn't the leader of this entire lab after all. Looks like she'll have to get specific for this one. "Access test room security grid."

PERMISSION GRANTED

"Awesome," Hilal saw options especially turning off restrictions for labs 2-10. "2 to 10?" Hilal muttered. "There's way more labs than I thought."

Akiya Orime Akiya Orime

Last edited:

Akiya knew that Hilal was right about there being much more in this lab than they had experienced. And they weren’t even sure what exactly they had experienced. Akiya gave a nod and watched closely what Hilal was doing. Her chin rested on Hilal’s shoulder as she watched the connection to the computer being made, giving Hilal a gentle squeeze in congratulations. ”Aw!” Akiya called out when the first denial was displayed.

Thankfully Hilal agreed that they shouldn’t dilly dally around. It wasn’t like she expected the bounty hunter to play with her missions. But it was obvious that Hilal enjoyed the danger much more than Akiya did. Though Hilal proved to be very protective of Akiya, so the geneticist didn’t doubt that Hilal would put her best interests first. A second request was met with denial that got a sigh from Akiya. ”What exactly did this guy oversee? Seems like he wasn’t very trusted.”

Finally the third request was granted and Hilal was able to see something. Akiya nodded at the statement regarding the number of labs. And there was no guarantee that there were only ten. It was obvious the key they managed to use didn’t have as much access as hoped. ”So…can we access any cams? Or do we now have to look over all the labs ourselves?”

Current Outfit

"Probably this testing place," Hilal responded giving a wide smile when Akiya rested her chin against her shoulder. She didn't know why, but Hilal loved it when Akiya did that It made stomach flutter with excitement. "I'm guessing he was just in charge of certain section of the lab. Specifically, labs 2-10, I'm thinking that he's not the only overseer and that there's plenty more overseers who answer to the leader in question."

It wasn't a farfetched theory it was easier to have people loyal to you oversee major projects. Hilal continued to type into Holocomputer attempting to access the files. "Let's see here," Hilal said as she attempted to open the first folder she saw.

The screen displayed a word document as well as numerical equations relating to vectors.

2dof.jpg

"Robotic manipulation," Hilal muttered. "I know this..... so they're talking about forward kinematics and inverse kinematics. It basically calculates join parameters on a Droid. So what are they building here? And why choose a toy to act like a Droid?"

Hilal typed again to see if there's any way she can access the security feed. "Only one is working," Hilal said. "It's very grainy though can't make much of anything."

Akiya Orime Akiya Orime

What Hilal said about the overseers made sense. Though, Akiya had to admit the term overseer seemed to be a bit ominous to her, she wasn’t sure why. And the thought there might have been many of them, that only made her less anxious to get deeper into the workings of the lab. But she wasn’t exactly excited about terror toys making it out either. ”Well let’s hope the other overseer offices are just as empty as this one. Suppose we should check out the accessible labs first though…”

Akiya was thankful that Hilal continued to search the computer before moving out into the physical laboratories. As a file was called up Akiya tilted her head to try to make sense of it. The two women’s temples bumped together as Hilal gave her findings. ”Ok, well we’re in your wheelhouse now,” Akiya said unconsciously rubbing her head against Hilal’s for just a moment. ”When we get to the blood and guts I assume that’s where I’ll jump in.”

Toy droids weren’t that hard to believe. Akiya had droids to play with as a child, but they weren’t fuzzy and they didn’t have blood inside them…at least she didn’t think so. ”Maybe the idea was to make droids that looked like toys so that people would let their guard down. Then…Boom!”

Akiya was not at all surprised that the labs’ cams were of no help telling what they were going to walk into. ”Guess there is only one way to find out what’s there then,” Akiya said with a sigh. She made sure she wasn’t in Hilal’s way too much and was prepared to follow behind the young bounty hunter.

Current Outfit

"Judging by the way that malfunctioning toy reacted," Hilal said trying to improve the quality of the security cam only to be informed that the option was taken offline. "You may have a point Akiya, it's possible that whatever these guys were doing, the design was to lower people's guard."

The young woman sighed as she exited the security cams and began to browse through the files. "But why use blood?" Hilal asked unconsciously leaning against Akiya's temple. She tried to access a file clicking repeatedly, only for it to be corrupted. "It'll be easier to buy a bunch of toys, place a bomb in them and then present it some family and then it'll blow up."

It wasn't anything new, Bounty Hunters do this all the time at least the ones devoid of honor. Hilal couldn't imagine herself doing something as low as blowing up a party. It's between the Bounty and her, no need to involve family in it. "All these files are corrupt," Hilal grumbled clicking on them. "Except one....."

Hilal accessed the file, the document appeared saying: Project Toymaker. "Project Toymaker?" Hilal asked raising an eyebrow continuing to read. "What the frack?"

"Davis wants to have these toys ready by the end of the month. Thing is, the subjects he's been given us have been showing signs of mental instability especially when their minds have been transferred to the toys. The workers in the factory has been working over time to produce these toys but there's something about that causes the subjects to display bouts of insanity specifically bipolar disorder, histrionic disorder you name it. Matia has been delaying surgery on the subjects but she wants me to have access to her test rooms 15-25 while she's busy prepping. Password is: Living Boy."

"So there is a factory?" Hilal whispered to Akiya. "And judging by the overseer's reaction, they have live test subjects."

Akiya Orime Akiya Orime

Cuddly explosives would be a dishonorable way to do a job, maybe there was more to this than Akiya had thought. ”Blood is a mystery to me. Bombs that can find their own way into situations to explode would be wise though. So that might explain figuring out more than just a detonator in a stuffed bunny.”

Akiya was grateful in the long run that the files were corrupted. Though in the moment it would have been great to have an easy source for information, the files would eventually have to be destroyed. This way it was already done for them, but they would have to investigate a lot more closely into the facility. ”Hard to believe just one file survived. Unless it was the last one…or was protected for some reason.” It really didn’t make sense to Akiya, but some info was better than nothing. ”Let’s see what’s in it. I guess they are making toys of some kind.”

Akiya watched the video file, her head still resting against Hilal’s. It appeared that someone was doing some medical practicing here. And they were implanting living people into the toys they were building? That sounded like an incredibly bad idea to Akiya. That thought was confirmed at the mention of mental breaks. ”And we have the password for labs 12 - 15 where the surgeries were happening. That’s probably where I will be able to help most. Let’s see what labs 2 - 10 have to offer first?” Akiya wasn’t anxious to jump into what surgeries and other medical procedures were being done if they could find out more about what the end product was. And what was still roaming the facility, laughing at them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom