Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Tattooine hunt

(Here's where i'll be starting the writing for this, as the title states, on tattooine, Mos Eisley at that, all welcome to join so long as you keep with the flow :D)

The click of metallic heels was one of the many sounds that rattled about the cantina, many sat around the large rather steamy and crowded bar while in the corner, far out of the eye's sight, sat a beautiful raven haired woman, her black eyes trained on the wall as she traced her fingers across it in a methodical but aimless motion.
She sat in wait for her contact, if he were ever going to show, or whether or not he died getting into a fight with Hutt cartel members. Her first mission and it was already starting late.

"5 more minutes, he's got 5 more minutes" The girl's smooth, almost hypnotically beautiful voice rolled in her mind.

She let her mind wander for a while longer as she crossed one leg over the other and uncrossed it to cross the opposite legs over each other. Her tight fitting leather catsuit did nothing to hide her figure as the bar goers watched her in their peripherals. Her spare hand didn't leave the button to spring her sword from her belt while she waited, nothing beat an itchy trigger finger at times, and in this place there were no wiser words.

Another sandy planet and to make matters even worse it was one of those fat slimy hutts sandy planet the only good thing about it was the cheap drink and the fact no-one cared that you were a murderer unless you had credits on your head in which case at least one person cared

"Mos Eisley....lets see what rats have scurried into you as of late"

Leaning his slugthrower sniper rifle on his shoulder as he walks in he takes a long view around at all the booths he could and then proceeds to walk up to the bar and order a corellian cocktail. ...might aswell check the bounty board while i'm in here working for that sith on dromund kass for 5000 credits was pathetic barely covered the expense to get of that frakkin rock

Icthy hadn't been able to go a half hour without getting into a fight in Mos Eisley. Of course, that was his job. He was getting paid an ongoing salary to waste any Hutt Cartel members he could find. This one happened to be shooting at a wiry man who was hiding behind a wall. The blue-skinned Mandalorian smirked as he opened his gills to the water in his stores.

"Cartel operatives. Always angling for noise. Stealth occasionally advantageous. Maybe in another life."

The water was drawn into Icthy's mouth, and was suddenly spat out as an almost impossibly cold spike of ice that tore through the Cartel man's jugular. The fish-man helped the guy behind the wall to his feet.

"Shooting at Hutt servants. Not efficient. Outside interference welcome, I hope."

The man nodded in reply.

"Very welcome, Mister Ice-Spit. I'll buy you a round when we get to the bar. Got a meeting."

[member="Ebony Blackheart"]​

Ultimatum had come to Tatooine for reasons that he himself had not completely understood. He had decided that there was importance on this planet, something in the past that had taken place and had been important in galactic events many years ago, centuries in fact. He had come, he told himself, to see what the planet was like, having only been there once before and not having had a good look around.

Why had he decided to try and enter the one bar that didn't serve droids? He could not have answered that, aside from saying that he didn't realize. Of course, he didn't really need to go in there, there was nothing for him as a droid to obtain. The only reason that he told himself to go in was because of the culture, he could learn more about people in areas where they acted naturally, or at least as close as they could.

He was fortunate to have slipped by with the help of a red cloak, and moving around through the back entrance. Even with the long dark red cloak, he would have been easy to spot his massive frame made it understandable for people to assume he wasn't human. But then, he was fortunate enough, apparently not many people were actually paying attention to him. He looked around for an empty seat, but found none. He swept the cantina with his gaze, mapping everything to a processor before deciding to go to what appeared to be a relatively dark spot. He noted a female was already there, so he politely asked, his mechanical voice taking on the closest approximation to an organic sound, "You mind if I have a seat? Not many other places around here at the moment."

[member="Ebony Blackheart"]

A slight scuffle, blood, a dead man. Mos eisley didn't disappoint. A man with a huge Sniper rifle, a mandalorian and again, the regular unsavoury fol of Mos eisley, drunkards, renegades, you name it, it was an illegal occupation they held. Then again, Mercenary, bounty hunter, smuggler, assassin, none of those sounded quite legal either, but here Ebony sat, delicate fingers dancing along the table as she tapped out a playful tune. Then she felt something, an odd disturbance, something in the force. Knowing how to interpret such things was not her strong suite, but she could feel it, could feel an odd presence and sure as anything, there stood a huge frame of what seemed like a man.

It asked its question and Ebony smiled, "By all means big guy" she said with a gleam to her she usually had to fake.

[member="Ultimatum"]

Ultimatum nodded his head in thanks, taking a seat and gently letting his form onto the bench. Even with the slow distribution of his weight onto the seat, it creaked in complaint under his 200 kg body. He looked around, his optical lights now glowing more vibrantly as they began scanning through various ray to best see around him. He couldn't decide which was better, thermal radiation or simple enhancement of light collection. He was capable of both, but it always irritated him that he couldn't play both at the exact same time. He could have then run in intervals of every other second, switching between the two so quickly as to almost be the same, but then there was the issue of power consumption.

"You waiting for someone?" He asked innocently as he could, while he continued to look around the room. He spared a single moment to look at the person across from him, to see what she looked like a bit better than his momentary glance earlier. She seemed alright, aside from a somewhat aggressive posture, it wasn't too big of a concern, after all these bars tended to be quite dangerous.

[member="Ebony Blackheart"]

picking up the corellian cocktail and heading over to the bounty board,looking at a nearby stool that has an excellent view of the bounty board he thinks to himself ..why stand when i can sit? and just as promptly as he walked over to the bounty board so does he sit down ignorant to the fact that other people are using it.
taking his helmet off he sits it in between his feet and places his gun on the ground next to his feet, laying back in the stool playing with the little umbrella in his drink he focuses on the board "COME ON!. are there no good bounties on this backwater planet. at this rate im going to have to kill jabba and use the slime of his wormley back to fuel my ship" almost spilling his drink as he lifts a hand up in anger at the board

"Just a friend, who's late, probably got shot, Hutts hate my kind of people" Ebony replied calmly, her hand tapping away on the table while her drink sat empty next to it and her free hand remained on the button to her sword. She surveyed her counterpart, a heavy thing, but at that height, most were. She couldn't quite pick what he was, cyborg most likely, those glowing eyes weren't natural of a biological life form. It would explain the lack of energy it radiated, but she felt she'd entertain the big lug for a while longer.

"What's a big guy like you doing out here? You seem far too friendly to be here, most guys around these areas don't go ask a good looking girl a question and not expect to die" Ebony replied casually, her tune stopped, her eyes lazily, but warily looking the new acquaintance of hers up and down.

Eyeing off the man that just sat down next to them as well, Ebony elected not to draw any attention to his quip.

[member="Ultimatum"]
[member="Roadblock"]

Ultimatum noticed the small outburst by the other organic, it didn't seem unusual given the surroundings, but Ultimatum had always classified such things as a possible threat. Now was no different, he didn't feel threatened yet so his weaponry stayed securely in their holding places inside his body. He told himself to keep an eye on that person, if only for safety's sake.

He smiled at the question and following explanation. It was an almost useless gesture, as the smile probably wouldn't be seen thanks to the dark shadowing. He decided to answer as truthfully as possible, without possibly getting kicked out yet. "I am studying the culture here. There are few planets in the galaxy where the general answer to a question is death. I hope to better understand the supposedly more sophisticated portions of the galaxy by starting at where there roots are." He wondered if that sounded true or not, most of it was pretty close, but he didn't want to explain why a war strategist droid would want to study organic responses. He wasn't a war strategist anymore, that had been his original purpose and he had not agreed with it, but his body was still that of an intimidating war droid.

[member="Ebony Blackheart"] [member="Roadblock"]

Ebony sat and watched, the big man across from her, he seemed nice, seemed generous and gentle even with his enormous size. However, he was not the first nice or gentle creature to ask for her help or ask anything and not try kill, kidnap or maim her.

"You seem nice enough for that to be true, but you're hiding something, i can tell, i have a knack for it, so ya wanna tell me or we gonna keep each other in the dark?" She queried, her fingers resuming their tapping and her free hand edging further onto the button, getting ready to spring out her blades.

[member="Ultimatum"]
[member="Roadblock"]

Vaulkhar wandered silently into the bar. The pale man moved his head back and forth, seeming to peer around the room. Though if anyone were to bother looking upon his face, they would note the blindfold obscuring his vision. After a few seconds of looking about, his shoulders slumped in a visible sigh to those nearby. Looking over the room once again, his blind-gaze passed over that of [member="Ebony Blackheart"] and [member="Ultimatum"] before settling on a table a few feet from there's, where those who were sitting upon it were coincidentally standing up and leaving.

"Just my luck."

The pale man grins to himself and wanders over to the table. He sits down and looks about, searching for something else. After a moment, his eyes lock on whatever poor lass was the acting server of the bar and motions her over. Though she approaches rather cautiously, likely tired of the groping and searching hands of the men and women of the planet, he simply smiles, easing her to the best of his ability. As she approaches the table, he nods in greeting.

"What can I get you, sir?"

Her voice was soft, barely above a whisper, hinting at a mixture of fear and slight confusion at the lack of a reaching hand. Upon hearing her voice, Vaulkhar could not help but frown. She was likely only a sixteen year old girl. And upon looking at her, he determined she was humanoid by shape, likely a human for that matter. Shaking his head to himself, the young man simply frowned. He was disgusted by the way many of those would treat this young lady within the bar, but it was not something he could change. He simply put it into the back of his mind, and returned his blindfolded-gaze to her.

"Yes, I'd like a cup of water, please."

The server nods and strides off, dodging the hands of those reaching for her within the bar. He begins to look about the bar once more, seeming to search for something; or someone. With another sigh, he stopped and simply turned his gaze to the table.

Ultimatum had always been surprised with organics who could tell when someone was lying. He had been told it was related to the Force, but that didn't top Ultimatum from being caught off guard. He wasn't certain how to proceed. He could tell her the truth and probably get kicked out, he could more than likely find another bar. Or he could continue lying and have a possibly dangerous person attempt to attack him.

The thoughts were much longer, taking about half a minute before he came to the decision to tell the truth. By then, he noted that another person had entered the bar. His eyes tracked the movement of as much within the room as they could. His attention returned only after the new person's gaze fell back to the table. Ultimatum then spoke to [member="Ebony Blackheart"], he lowered his voice so as not to be heard by any of the other patrons in the cantina, unless they were actively listening. "My name is Ultimatum. I am a droid. I am here to do exactly as I said."

He pushed his hood back for a few heartbeats before pulling it back over his head. "Do you believe me?"

[member="Vaulkhar"]

Vaulkhar's ears perked up at the words of the Droid. From the start he knew the creature was not organic, purely due to the lack of any connection to the Force coming off of him. And as such, the pale-man had decided to listen in on the nearby conversation. Partially out of interest in the robotic creature, and partially due to having nothing better to do. Deciding to play off what he had heard as if he had not, his blindfolded-gaze rose to the approaching server. He smiled at her once more and this time it was returned as she set the water down. Thanking her, Vaulkhar brought the beverage to his lips and drank a small sip from the cup. A small smile formed upon his face before he simply nodded once more.

I suppose an obvious strength to blindness is an increase in the other senses. Then again, hearing a conversation being had only five or so feet away from me is no crazy feat.

As the pale man continued to sip his beverage, he continued to pay attention to the party beside him. To those looking upon him, he'd seem to relax within his chair while watching the bar-goers with an amused smile. A feint noise escaped his throat as he began to hum to himself, just another means of passing the time.

[member="Ultimatum"] | [member="Ebony Blackheart"]

Ebony would have lied if she said she expected that answer, her slight link to the force allowed her such help as to sense a lie, but never from a droid. She sat, with her lips puckered so as to think for a moment, she wondered how best to go about her response, another moment passed and she realised it had been about a minute since he replied and the situation grew an intense level of awkwardness over the pair and their random next to them.

"So can you like, do normal people stuff? or are you just programmed to act like you're sentient?" Ebony face palmed as soon as the words left her lips, her free hand leaving her weapon's button and joining in the face palming. That's when she too noticed their onlooker, or rather eavesdropper, she could tell another force user when she was close to them. This time was no difference, her thoughts now raced about whether or not he was a jedi, sith or something in between. She never liked force users, bad history.

"Sorry, let me try that again... [member="Ultimatum"] was it?" The droid nodded. "Why hide that? I mean it explains the cool glowing eyes, but why hide your... species?" Ebony asked, collecting herself slowly.

[member="Vaulkhar"]

Ultimatum smiled again. "Yes, Ultimatum, normally I don't usually hide what I am. However, given the fact that cantinas around here tend not to serve droids. I had to improvise." He continued to speak quietly and kept his eyes on [member="Ebony Blackheart"]. However, his sensors were very careful to be aware of everything in the room. Between every different sort of scanner equipment, he was able to see just about everyone in the room without having to so much as turn his head. The majority of the sensors were focused on the nearby person, who appeared to be attracting the attention of the female across from him.

"How about you, who are you waiting for?"

[member="Vaulkhar"]

Ebony smiled, she smiled a true smile that she hadn't in a long time a wide toothy grin. "I'm waiting for someone to kill" Her grin didn't leave her as the gangley man draped himself over the table, sweat dripping down his face. Ebony sat, hands clasped with a raised black eyebrow aimed at the new man.

"Took your time" Ebony mused.

"Sorry... they've sent hunters... sent soldiers... Hutts, Sith, Name it, they want you dead right now" The man replied, he was thin, white skinned and tired.

"Slow that down real quick and run it by me again" Ebony said, her playful expression gone and a serious, slightly worried look on her face.

"Lots of guys, all round mos eisley, someone wants you, dead or alive" He paused, "You gotta run Ebony, or you're dead, I've seen you with that lil sword before, but I don't think your gonna be handling yourself against a sith" He wheezed out his last words and Ebony sighed.

"Cheers Marin" She groaned before getting up out of her seat, vaulting over the table rather than standing, "Sorry Mister Ultimatum, guess I've finished up my waiting"

Tatooine, a planet that was comparable to Nar Shadda only due to the rampant crime that seemed to never end. Of course, the city planet was far more active and obvious with it's activities, for it was usually the foolish low lives who operated for the big fish. Tatooine was in that way similar, but still very different. It's land was much easier to navigate and less cramped than Nar Shaddaa. That meant it would be easy to search out trouble, but difficult to actually find it without the use of force powers. All of these thoughts ran through Tugoro's mind, as he sat quietly within a cantina pondering the past two years of his life.

The Jedi had actually managed to live within a clan of sand people, foiling their barbaric plans and merciless rituals from the shadows. Now, however, the young man appeared to be relaxing, even though he was just lost in his thoughts at the booth he sat in. Something can get his interest however, his sharp sense of hearing listenimg in on the trio nearby as they spoke.

One was rather large and bulky, the other looked tired and panicked, and the other was getting up to leave. Apparently the Sith were on the hunt, though Tugoro couldn't possible imagine why. It was just in their nature he supposed, but was still a bit surprised by the Acolyte nearby. It didn't seem like he was making move, and if that was the case neither would he. Pulling the brown cloak Tugoro wore around his body, the young man would prepare to exit the establishment.

[member="Ultimatum"] [member="Ebony Blackheart"] [member="Vaulkhar"] [member="Roadblock"]

THUMP

​That was probably the best description of the noise that was made when Adenn had jumped off his newfound friends' speeder. Mainly due to his new Type-55 Heavy Combat Armor -or T55 HCA, for short-, and the various weapons scattered on his person. Taking a quick glance around while he returned his friends' wave, the bounty hunter slowly moved towards the cantina he'd asked to be dropped off at, each step kicking up some sand due to the high winds.

The mandalorian actually been hearing from some of his criminal friends recently, mainly since he was a a bounty hunter. They seemed to be looking for a black haired woman, with some other noticeable features. Their target was also suspected to be a force user, so that was something Adenn would have to keep in mind.
Upon entering the cantina, the mandalorian quickly glanced around with his head, further observing his surroundings with his helmets 360 degree vision as he approached the bar, already filled with patrons, along with most of the other seats in the cantina. While concentrating on the most noticeable group in the vicinity -the large man, a skinnier man draped over the table, and a black haired woman-, he ordered himself a drink, not noticing that the woman that the Hutts were looking for was only a few meters away.

As soon as his drink arrived -which only took a second- the woman had jumped out of her seat, which revealed her face to Adenn, who in the process of removing his helmet had turned to the group again, finally recognizing her as the woman that everyone was looking for. A small sigh escaped his lips before he quickly gulped down his lightly alcoholic beverage, as he wasn't too much in the mood to chase down a target, but considering how much credits it would give him, he had decided against that. But there was still a chance that he could be stopped from pursuing the woman.

[member="Ebony Blackheart"] [member="Ultimatum"] [member="Vaulkhar"] [member="Tugoro Taidarious"] [member="Roadblock"]

The wandering gaze of the blind-folded man soon found his way to [member="Tugoro Taidarious"], where it settled upon him. Vaulkhar was semi-surprised to see a Jedi within the Cantina. Though it was not entirely uncommon for force users to find their way out to Tattooine, it was mostly uncommon for those of the light side of the force to bother with such an out of the way planet. Especially one run by gun-running and drug dealing overlords. Either way, he took a moment to fully take in the image of a Jedi. This was his first peaceful encounter with one, and being able to study how the force seemed to stick a user of the light side was interesting to say the least.

After a moment or so of studying the Jedi, he turned his attention away and instead looked upon the mess that was brewing at the table beside him. Some slumped over man, the Droid, and the scantily-dressed female were appearing as if they were ready to depart. But at the mention of the Sith and the bounty set upon her, Vaulkhar's eyebrow perked up in semi-interest. He genuinely cared not for the Sith bounties. Especially on such low-tier individuals. A few thousand credits were nothing to Vaulkhar, but the idea this woman actually bothered the Sith enough for them to set a bounty on her was intriguing.

What fool within the Sith would set a bounty on this single indivudal, who has yet to even make a name for herself? Likely a low-tier Knight or even a foolish Acolyte. I should further study this woman.

[member="Ebony Blackheart"] | [member="Ultimatum"]

Ultimatum stood, smoothly raising his metallic heavy body from the relaxing seat. He looked around, noting a heavily armored figure at the bar, he fit in almost perfectly with those around him, aside from the extreme armor that didn't quite match with the people in the cantina who didn't wear much more than clothes to hide themselves. Ultimatum had once made the joke that while these people were generally not well protected, they would probably be able to take down a group of military people if only because of the firepower that was concealed in here. It was meant as a joke when he had said it a long time ago, but he knew the reality was probably not so.

"Can I help?" He had been in his own problems with the Sith. Actually he had been forced to work alongside Sith to keep them from attack Mustafar. He was still working with the Sith, the man was alright, if not a bit egocentric. Ultimatum had always tried to avoid fighting the man if only because it was a better method of protection for the time being. He had also fought Sith, but that was before he had settled a base on Mustafar. He had also always helped people hide or run from the Sith, there was a being on Mustafar who was running from the Sith and Ultimatum was protecting her. He didn't like the Sith, he intended on one day running from them and eventually fighting against them.

[member="Vaulkhar"] [member="Adenn Gra'tua"] [member="Tugoro Taidarious"] [member="Ebony Blackheart"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom