Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dev The Story of the Trees

Development on Factory, Codex, etc. roleplay.
Um9wLtZ.png

"I could never do politics. I prefer to deal with my opponents on the field of honor, not in the senate chambers. No one ever wants to be convinced until you put a blaster to their head, at least in my experience. Words don't mean shit if you don't know how to bend your morals. And, I don't."

Tag: Chi Chuchi Chi Chuchi

That was horrifying, and almost Sith-like. "It helps to remember that everyone generally wants the same thing. The rest is competition or disagreeing about the best way to go about it." Chi diplomatically told her. "But it's true, a good compromise leaves both sides unhappy. The worst is when you're competing for contracts on a planetary scale. Some people will do anything for an advantage in selection." As for herself, Chi had left most of that for Rendili StarDrive and the other planetary scale employers to work out in the background while she worked on the political side.
Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

Um9wLtZ.png

"Which is why I don't bother with it. I'm not good with words, at least, not like that. I can come up with a witty comeback like it's breathing, but..." She frowned, letting out a sigh. "I leave that kinda stuff to folks like you. Running Si Tech is a headache enough. I mean, the GA contracts were a stroke of luck for me, and I don't really bother elsewhere. Tried to go to a few conventions to promote my stuff, but everyone there seemed to have a kick for shaking hands and dealing in dirty money. I don't, and never will care about the profits. I just care about the people. Si Tech makes weapons, but only for the GADF. Joe Shmo from Alderaan doesn't need a walker the size of a building, or a blaster cannon that's designed to mow down sith. but maybe that's a me problem. I would've killed for that kinda stuff back during my time in the Rebel Alliance."

It seemed the two of them shared a lot of the same feelings and probably experiences towards expos, though Chi generally had a good time at the ATC bazar and auctions. "I think that's one of the benefits of a small enterprise like my own. I can survive on personal sales and am free to explore my interests without worrying about the bottom line too much. But if there's something I've learned its that even the greatest of weapons is useless in the face of clever determination. How many superweapons have been destroyed by a handful of fighters that had nothing but guts and desperation?"

Off to the side, a door to Chi's room opened and a protocol droid emerged carrying a small piece of luggage which it left by the inner lift. Another came up and deposited a new pair of boots, gloves, and a belt for Chi within easy reach of where she sat on the lounge. "Thank you Ji-Ji." She said to the air and began to change her footwear over.
Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

Um9wLtZ.png

"I wouldn't know. I never got to see the battle of Yavin." Jonyna shrugged. "Farmboy got to take all the credit, while I was dealing with a Nightsister hellbent on freezing every planet in the galaxy solid. But...I do see your point. Weapons don't win wars, people do. But...I've done my best to give the people of the GA a fighting chance. The DE seems adamant to kick our doors in and burn out house down. I'm just handing every firefighter I can a hose and hoping we can put the fire out. Politics might not be my forte, but I know how to fight wars and win battles. If I wasn't a jedi, I'd probably be a general."

"Yeah, Skywalker," Chi agreed rather blasé about it. Her family's first, and biggest, claim to fame had been their ancestor Riyo Chuchi. Chi was named after her and had been made to sit through many a telling of the Clone Wars and of the family's involvement with the subsequent rebellion as a young girl. "Hope you've studied logistics then." She commented, bending over in her seat to pull the new boots on over her stockinged feet. "Which is another field mired in politics by the way. Have to know who has deals with who, what companies are reliable, if a system allows military gear through. Legalities change as often as the systems you move through." As she talked, Chi finished swapping over her belt and pulled on the gloves delivered by the droid. "There! Think I'm ready to try and go native." She said holding up her hand to inspect its new covering.
Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

Um9wLtZ.png

"Yeah yeah, I know." She groaned. "I've worked with that kinda stuff before. Worked with the Rebel Alliance for a decade. I'm glad to be a jedi, to say the least." She let out a chuckle, looking her up and down. "You sure? I can hook you up with some Cathar style clothes if you want. Also, you might wanna learn the language. Everyone around here speaks Basic, but we rarely use it outside of the spaceport..."

Jonyna's offer pulled a light laugh from her. So far most of the clothing she'd seen had been 'minimally invasive' so to speak, and in a way that Chi wasn't fully comfortable with away from certain settings. Instead she smiled, "Friction grip in the gloves and boots to help with climbing and the belt is a lyra, in case I fall anyways or want to jump." Moving to the lift, she collected the prepared bag and slung it over her back before securing the straps. "You mentioned learning Cathar before. I figured I'd get started on simple phrases tonight, learn some of the syntax and conjugation, practice out in the city during the days as I learn more words."
Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

Um9wLtZ.png

"Fair enough." Jonyna chuckled. "I'll show you to the house, if you want."

The woman clearly came from a different world to her. Jonyna did wonder how well Chi would fit in, but that was only for time to tell. The Denik had always been a welcoming tribe, even if she relied on tech that many a younger Denik would scoff at.

"Please do." Chi wasn't worried about fitting in, she was an alien from Pantora and was so different from the native Cathar in build and looks, not to mention lifestyle, that she didn't feel the need to fit in, rather she'd be herself. Instead she led the way from the Boutique back to the landing platform as the ship shut down and closed up behind them. Over all Chi was feeling quite pleased with the prospect of the next few days.
Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom