Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Spires of Hell (Vazela)

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
SPIRES OF HELL
FRINGE CONFEDERATION

A balcony without a railing overlooked a twenty thousand kilometre drop. Ancient Celestial construct that this spire was, it held air and warmth to the surface of the spire. Otherwise, Grand Admiral Shira Karrde was walking in space. The balcony was circular, with plenty of scars from training exercises. It was here that she had requested @[member="Vilox Pazela"], Darth Vazela, a Sith Lord of the Empire, to meet her in confidence.

| @[member="Ashin Varanin"] |
Atollis Nebula, on board the Obscurity

Filtered air relaxed the sat blackened silhouette from the above air vents. It created a cool, compressed setting aboard the observational deck, custom made for the man who was gazing upon the stars. The relaxed setting allowed him to think without the worry of time, for he could sit upon the unnatural creation that was his throne for days upon end. He likened his addiction to the stars to the Mind Walkers of the Maw eons ago. Not many knew of those particular Force-sensitives, who believed that the real world was not real, in favor of the Force realm beyond shadows. For him, the stars was his own realm. The worlds that existed below him were just feeble specks of a grander, larger picture.

He leaned forward in his seat, using the arm rests before pushing himself up and onto his feet. He came to a stop at the transparisteel screen, his eyes averted from the purple luminescence of hyperspace to his own reflection. Vilox Pazela leaned his head to the left, contemplating on recent events. There was no word from Judas nor the other members of the Black Hand. It was almost like the Dark Jedi who had called himself and the others had disappeared without a trace. He still had access to the various individuals who had come to Vjun to study the ways of the dark side, but he would not be able to get in touch with them for quite sometime. He was making his way to the Atollis Nebula, within the confines of the Wild Regions and consequentially the space of the Lords of the Fringe. Their encounter on the Abominor not so long ago had led them to speak under less stressful circumstances. He had a proposal for Ashin Varanin and it seemed she had one for them. It would be an interesting encounter.

It was then that the Obscurity dropped out of hyperspace at the given coordinates. To his left flank was the Anubis. With the disappearance of the Dark Father, he had appropriated the vessel to guard his flagship until he figured out what to do with it. Perhaps it would serve as a bargaining chip in the upcoming negotiations. Scanning the region ahead, he found what he was looking for. "To think something like this exists out here," he thought to himself. Turning away from the black void, Vilox began to make his way down the staircase, once more emerging as the alter ego, Darth Vazela.

Vazela lifted his hood over his head before stepping onto the walkway that was situated over the bridge's operations area. He crossed it and entered a turbolift ahead. When it lowered itself down the chute leading to the hangar bay, the Lord of the Sith took a Dominus-class starfighter out and into the Nebula. Flying the ship about, he aimed for a set of doors ahead. They retracted into the sides and allowed him access into the sphere. He landed the Dominus and then climbed out of it, his hood still above his head. The Lightsaber on his belt was a reassuring weight for him. In the fringes of the unknown, it was good to know that he had the weapon at his disposal. He navigated the sphere, passing by people he did not recognize or know. They paid no attention to him, which was just as well. When he finally came to a stop, he saw her. Ashin Varanin, known as the former Empress Desimus. His search for her was over.

Now they could begin their proper encounter.

"Hello Desimus... Ashin Varanin. We did not talk much on the Abominor. Alas, we can start where we left things to pick up." Leaning his head to the left, he said, "Why did you bring me here, first of all? Such a strange, far away place to meet, where prying eyes and ears cannot be utilized..." He trailed off, implying a question but not really asking it.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
"Why strange, to seek privacy? Do you seek publicity? An adoring crowd to observe your deals?" She turned away from him at the edge of the twenty-thousand-kilometre drop, hands clasped behind her back. "In truth, Lord Vazela, I brought you here because this is where I was anyway. These are the Spires of Hell, and we use them for training. If an apprentice can stand at the very edge of a drop as long as a world is wide, if he can climb or fight with such a drop beneath him, he can learn to control fear. This place is the closest thing we have to a temple, and it is a temple to sentient limits and the overcoming of them.

"It is also where I plan campaigns." She turned back to face him, silhouetted by starlight. Her eyes glowed Bando Gora blue. "Did you know, Vazela, that by the end of my reign I had added more territory to the Empire than the Omega Protectorate possessed in total at the time, after their largest period of expansion? And when the Dark Council decided to remove me, I came here and did it all over again. I am the god of the Unknown Regions. This is where the true work gets done, where the true gains are made. Whereas the Empire...the Empire has done nothing for the last four administrations.

"Join me."

@[member="Vilox Pazela"]

Darth Vazela began to prowl around the woman, his yellow predatory eyes glaring from underneath his hood. "Join you? Why would you want me to join you, Desimus? And for what purpose? What is your scheme, your plot? Why did you head out and conquer the Unknown Regions, instead of an Empire?" He walked in a circle, several yards in between them as they spoke.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
Those Bando Gora-blue eyes never blinked as she leaned close to @[member="Vilox Pazela"].

"Come and see," she said, then turned and made for the door.

"I'm bound for a world called Tar Mordren," she added over her shoulder. "It's deep in the Omega Neutral Zone, a zone I'm violating with a full-scale invasion. Tar Mordren is also home to a major Rebel Alliance base in an ancient fortress. I intend to root out the Rebellion and take that fortress...but Tar Mordren has a more important purpose, and I want to see if you can figure it out. I know you have the power and the connections, but I want to know for sure if you have the requisite intellect. Join me there, either in my ship or yours, it matters not."

His eyes squinted from underneath his hood as she turned toward the door. He contemplated leaving the Spires of Hell, get aboard the Obscurity and forget the entire thing. But then he was a man of efficiency and he had come all this way from Empire space to meet with Ashin. Something was afoot and he sensed that he would find out what, if he accompanied her. He brought up the chrono on his wrist and sent a message to the Obscurity. He told Malus Bligh, Captain of the Attrition-class Star Destroyer, to wait in the Atollis Nebula. He would join his fellow Dark Jedi on her ship to Tar Morden.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
@[member="Vilox Pazela"] followed Ashin through ancient and modern corridors to the bridge of the Chimaera. The heavily modified Invictus-class Star Destroyer was docked with the side of the Bluespire, and as soon as the two Dark Masters came aboard, it peeled away and leaped to hyperspace, bound for Tar Mordren. Ashin settled into her throne-like command chair on the bridge.

FIN

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom