Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Sound of Music

acoustic-guitar-violin-old-steel-background-64629067.jpg
~
Kaelan walked through the streets of Naboo. Today she just happened to have her violin with her. She felt like playing, but she couldn't find the right spot. She had searched for a while until the sound of music came over her senses. Kaelan followed the sound. She almost couldn't believe that she heard someone like her.

Eventually, Kaelan came upon a small crowd. It seemed to be where the music was coming from. Making her way around, she looked to see a girl who she estimated was about the same height and age of herself. Smiling, as the skirt of her outfit flowed in the soft breeze that blew as she approached the girl. Making it look like she was apart of the gig, she pulled the case from off of her back and opened it, revealing a violin. Kaelan pulled it from her case and then set up, playing a tune that matched perfectly with this girl's chords.

Soon, she was taken away by the music and got up, starting to dance.

~ [member="Addi Pense"] ~

Addi would have staked out a spot that morning. The spot was beautiful, right in the middle of a grassy field. It reminded Addi of her home. She would take her guitar case off of her back and sat it down, opening it she would pull out her guitar which was a family heirloom. She would check to make sure it was in tune.

Soon she would begin to play a melody that was upbeat and a small crowd would gather round her. She didn't expect the attention but she would take any attention she could get, especially being as she was just signed to Saori one of the biggest labels around. She would keep it up, playing like she had been doing since she was born. Her skirt would blow in the wind as she played.

As she heard the sound of the violin she would look up to see the woman join her and she would smile as she began to dance

[member="Kaelan Mars"]

Kaelan loved the spot they were in. She was able to dance with ease and it somewhat improved her playing. When the girl playing the guitar looked to her with a smile, she smiled back and continued dancing in rhythm with the music they both played. Kaelan loved dancing and doing what she was doing, she was being taken into another universe. The music took over her feet in time and she did leaps and twists, gaining a bigger crowd than before.

She would still dance, but there would be moments of choreography while the other girl played her guitar. Then she would join back in, still dancing gracefully and she would speed up playing only a touch, still keeping in rhythm with the other girl.

Kaelan would continue to dance for at least another two minutes until they finished the song. She would then giggle slightly as she walked over to the other girl to introduce herself with a big smile on her face.

"Hey! Pleasure to meet you, I'm Kaelan Mars. Ya know, you're an amazing guitar player."

She said, taking her violin into her left hand with her bow and then extended an open hand for a hand shake.

Addi would continue to pluck the chords and look at the woman in wonder. She had never seen anyone that talented at multitasking, Addi had never been very graceful at least not while dancing. She would continue to play and smile, the crowd was loving it. As she finished the woman would come over to her and Addi would introduce herself "I'm Addi, Addi Pense, you are amazing with your violin. I have never met someone so talented." She said and then began to think and an idea popped into her head. "I have an idea..." She said "Wanna get something to eat and get to know each other a bit better?

She would then place her guitar back in its case

[member="Kaelan Mars"]

Kaelan giggled slightly, upon hearing Addi compliment her on her playing. She loved dancing and playing the violin, she she combined the two together and for being self taught with the violin, she had also taken some dance classes from a friend who offered to teach her for free. As Addi then gave her an idea, Kaelan smiled.

"Well thank you! It's nice to meet you. I think that's a great idea."

she responded. Kaelan then walked over, picking up her violin case, she placed her violin inside it's case and put the bow beside it. Carefully slinging her case on her back, she looked to Addi, waiting for her to finish putting her guitar away and then once she was ready, Kaelan walked alongside her until they found a restaurant that suited them.

Addi would smile as she slung her guitar case over her back. She had recently been signed with Saori a very big record label and one of the idea she had was maybe getting a duet record and if all went well she may be able to get Kaelan a record label if not solo maybe a duet. She would walk with the woman and smile. "So what kind of food do you like?" She asked she had a pretty thick southern accent which most people found amusing but she wouldnt trade it for the world.

[member="Kaelan Mars"]

Kaelan played music for fun. She dreamed of making herself famous and playing music to millions, she just didn't know how else to get herself out there other than what she was already doing. For now though, she lived her life as a musical Jedi until she found where she was heading. Kaelan smiled hearing the Southern accent coming from Addi. She loved it as it was a little different than what she had heard before. Kaelan had an interesting accent (not as broken as the girl's in the video) of her own, that many people had no idea where it came from.

"I'll eat pretty much anything. My only exception is seafood."

she responded. Kaelan wasn't crazy about seafood. It made her stomach churn and she hated the taste.

"I know a pretty good place not far from here." Addi said smiling at the womans accent, it was quite interesting and very nice on the ear. She would lead the way down to a really good place that made comfort food. She would take her seat and smile at the woman. "So my idea is... We work very well together and I already have a record deal so what would you say if we did a duet album?"

[member="Kaelan Mars"]

"Wonderful!"

she responded. She followed Addi to the restaurant. She hadn't been here before.. then again, she hadn't reached this side of town. As they walked through the door, the smell of good food reached her senses. She smiled. Once they sat down, he set her violin case to the side and then listened as Addi started talking.Her eyes widened once she heard exactly what she was asking.

"Oh my- That would be awesome!! I would love to do an album with you!"

she responded, excitedly, still using an indoor voice. Kaelan would finally be able to live her dreams and no one could stop her.

"I am glad you are so excited would you like to hear something?" She asked joy twinkling in her eyes. This could be what they need to catapult both of their careers to the next level. Addi would smile and order waiting for the woman to answer her before asked question. She couldn't believe the rapid change of events that had changed her life forever. A few days ago she had been offered a chance to record for one of the biggest record labels in the galaxy and now she had found a duet partner who was just the thing she needed to make both of their dreams come true.

She would stand and since she knew the manager and owner of the restaurant she would take her guitar from its case and begin to tune it. Assuming the woman would like to hear she began to sing and play her first composition her face told the story of a young girl never given a chance at life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NJqUN9TClM

[member="Kaelan Mars"]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NJqUN9TClM

"Yes of course!"

she replied, nodding her head simultaneously. As a waitress came over, she kindly gave the woman her order and then turned back to Addi who was getting up and pulling her guitar out. Just moments after meeting Addi, her life was already changing. Though both of their lives were changing and together, they would be able to create some pretty awesome music.

Once Addi started, she smiled. She had a wonderful voice. Kaelan thought that their voices would probably be just as much of a match as they were playing together. After all, Kaelan had taught herself to sing many different genres and she trained her voice to go as high or low as she needed.

Addi would finish and wipe the tears from her eyes. She felt very connected to this song. THis was her first song and as such she had a very strong bond with it and she felt she knew what that girl knew. She would then sit down and take a drink of her drink and smile "What do you think?" She asked smiling

[member="Kaelan Mars"]

Listening to Addi's song, it reminded Kaelan a little bit of her own past. Her step father never really did allow her to live her life. He had it all planned out for her. Very similar thoughts to the song had been thought of when she was younger. Kaelan almost wondered if Addi had gone through something similar, because she herself seemed to have a little bit of a connection to it. Kaelan also had the same feeling with a song she had written. She had a boyfriend and he had hidden his signature quite well. He was just using her though. It was all just to hurt her.

She watched as Addi sat down and took a drink, hearing her question first.

"I love it! It's a very touching song. In fact I have a similar one myself."

she responded.

"I would love to hear it." She said. When she wrote that song she was at a very low place in her life. Her grandmother had just died and she had found out she was being used. She had become suicidal and music was her way out of that low place. She would sit down and wait for the woman to start. She would take a drink and the waiter would bring their food.

She wondered if the woman was as talented with her voice as she was with her violin

[member="Kaelan Mars"]

Hearing Addi saying that she would like to hear Kaelan's song, she smiled. She waited for a second as their food was brought to them and then she pulled out her violin and started and a few seconds later began to sing. It was about a girl, who's life was planned and was super busy, soon finding herself in a ditch with no where else to go and no one else to rely on other than the good lord.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lydBPm2KRaU

Addi would listen intently and find herself starting to tear up. She felt like this was about her because it struck her so deeply. She would continue to listen as tears rolled down her face. She loved the sound of the violin and the woman's voice, they sound so good together. She was ready to get into the recording studio

[member="Kaelan Mars"]

Kaelan continued her song until it was over. She herself was welling up and when she looked to Addi, she saw tears streaming down her face. Giving a soft giggle, she placed her violin down and then reached across the table, placing a hand on her shoulder.

"Are you alright? What do you think of it?"

she asked. Kaelan had an interesting thing when it came to music. One, she was able to move people with her music, but she was also able change her voice a little bit for the exact sound she wanted for her song. It was interesting and people were confused when they heard a different voice coming from her after one, but others found it to be a talent.

"That was amazing." She said still crying. She felt a deep connection with that song. It moved her so much. She would relish contact with the woman and it felt amazing. She loved contact of any kind. She loved it so much. She would then look down at her Holopad and see a message from her record label. "And we have to go ahead from the record label"

[member="Kaelan Mars"]

"Well, thank you!"

she responded. That was the first time she had actually played that song for someone else. It was the third one she had worked on, using her voice. Kaelan played mostly dubstep because it worked with her dancing, but when she discovered adding words to her songs, it changed the world for her. She loved singing and when she finally found her way to work it into her music, she fell in love with it. Then Addi said that they had the go ahead on the record label and she smiled.

"That's awesome!"

"Yep lets have a drink to celebrate!" She would order some champagne and once it arrived she would offer one glass to her friend and take one for herself. Once they both had their drinks Addi would toast "To us!" She said and clinked her glass against Kaelan's. It felt amazing to have her life going right for once in her life

[member="Kaelan Mars"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom