Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Sorcerer's Path: Part I

DbBO5EI.png

The Sorcerer's Path: Part I
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: The purpose of this submission is to provide a select few of the Galaxy's Force-wielding population with a piece of literature revolving around the history and learning of Sith Magic.
  • Development Thread: N/A
  • Image Source: Yours Truly <3
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Isley Verd (author) & Marvand Publishing
  • Model: The Sorcerer's Path series
  • Affiliation: Limited Market (Must be purchased IC)
  • Modularity: None
  • Production: Mass-Produced
  • Material: Data or Paper
  • Pricing: 25,000 credits or equivalent goods/services
DESCRIPTION

The Sorcerer's Path: Part I is an ambitious volume penned personally by the owner and CEO of Marvand Publishing. Over the course of his many years of studying Sorcery, Isley Verd amassed an impressive sum of knowledge on the subject. Part I of the Sorcerer's Path series revolves around the first step in following the paths of both he and renowned practitioners of Sith Sorcery throughout Galactic History. The text begins with a foreward, enthusiastically greeting readers of the Sorcerer's Path and challenging them to use the powers that they potentially gain through studying this series to change the Galaxy as they see fit. Following this, the volume is divided into two key areas of subject matter. The first portion is a general, historical overview of Sith Magic as a whole, extending as far back to the days of King Adas. This history, while accurate in content, is limited only to that which the author personally learned throughout his years of study and is not an all-encompassing compendium of lore. The latter portion of the text is centered around a series of tests that an individual can undertake in order to determine whether or not they possess the innate gift to access Sith Magic; which is a rare trait that characterizes only three percent of Force Sensitives.

These tests consist of a light questionnaire, in which the prior experiences of the Force wielder in question are analyzed, and partial incantations to a few lower-level spells. If any result manifests, then the reader is indeed a natural Sorcerer. However, if there are no results, the text goes on to reveal a blood ritual that will potentially allow the reader to join that small three percent. Isley Verd, having come into ownership of a copy of Adas' Holocron years prior, underwent the same ritual in order to become apart of this percentage. In brief, the ritual calls for the preparation of a variety of obscure materials and etching a circle into the ground. "Innocent Blood" is then shed upon the circle and a chalice of the reader's own blood is to be placed in the center. After uttering the incantation under the light of at least two moons simultaneously, the blood within the chalice will be altered through the Force and is to be immediately consumed. Of course, there is a twenty-five percent chance of success...and survival; as the body will either adapt to the changes or claw itself apart in rejection of the blood.

The risks associated with the ritual, in addition to a wide variety of other implications and dangers are clearly outlined in the text. However, for the daring individual, these risks will not deter the attempting of this ritual; just as Isley himself once did. At present, The Sorcerer's Path: Part I is in mass print, but is only selling to select individuals and organizations. In order to purchase, the company may be contacted at any of its three locations or Isley Verd can be personally inquired.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Isley Verd"]

• The ritual you describe - is it canon? If not, a 50% chance is far too high.
  • While I respect that Isley has been a Master for a few months, could I be linked to his training threads specifically for Sith magic? If his mastery of it is as comprehensive as you say, I'd like to see it.
  • How does Isley know the history of Sith magic back to Adas? What sources is he working from? Where and when did he acquire them?
  • What name is this book published under? Darth Metus? Isley Verd? Anonymous? You may have answered tis one already and I may have missed it.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
Pursuant to our Skype discussion, where an untaken offer for a recording of the Adas Holocron in use became that recording, which became a copy of the holocron, which became the holocron itself, this will not be accepted until completion of a very significant self-training thread in Sith Magic, or a very substantive thread learning it from an established Master.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom