Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Solarix Saboteur

wb1.png

TAGS:
Nyla Ven Nyla Ven
alexboarder.png

Braze hopped out of the taxi speeder, eyes immediately lifting to the towering Solarix building. Its sleek design stood out even among Coruscant's architectural wonders, a clear sign of the empire of capitalism his father had built. Pride flickered within him, but so did a twinge of unease. Memories of his last visit, clouded by an awkward encounter with his mother, nagged at him. Now, with his father's legacy in his hands, he felt both curious and cautious about stepping inside.

The lobby buzzed with the energy of busy employees. Braze moved through them, unnoticed, toward the corporate sector. This was where the company's heart beat, where decisions were made that kept Solarix at the industry's forefront. Recognizing faces greeted him with nods and smiles as he passed, reminders of his childhood visits.

His destination was the main office, his father's sanctuary. The door, long closed, now loomed before him. Pushing it open, he half-expected to confront an interloper at his father's desk. Instead, he found the office empty, preserved in time since his father's last day. The room, held a commanding view of the city, one which felt both welcoming yet foreign.

Inside, Braze paused, letting the door shut behind him. The office's silence was lonely compared to the lobby's clamor. He approached the desk, touching its surface lightly, imagining a silent conversation with his father's memory. The company thrived, even in its founder's absence.

Standing there, Braze pondered Solarix's future and his role in it. His father's shoes were large to fill, and the thought of steering the company's destiny was daunting. Yet, he was determined to learn more, to understand the business's current state, and to find his path forward. he would have to head to the back room of the office where the real command center rested. He stepped that way and slid the doors open expecting to be greeted by an empty room with various computer interfaces.

Tags: Braze Braze
QgdXXJc.png
Infiltrating Solarix Tower had been an easy enough task.

Acquiring access to the building's internal schedules and schematics had been the trickiest part, if Nyla were being honest with herself. But only one gullible manager had to fall for a phishing scheme for the young Padawan to crack her way into the company intranet. And once she had known where everyone was going to be, it was easy for a young woman who could literally become invisible to infiltrate anywhere she chose.

The plan from there had been simple, and executed efficiently. While cloaked, move through the building. Follow individuals through the doors you need access to - it was slower, but this was important. It wouldn't do if anyone spotted a door opening by itself out of the corner of their eye. Once Nyla reached the top floor and the executive's office, she could relax; that room, and the computational command center attached to it, was by habit left largely undisturbed out of respect for the now-deceased executive.

Once inside the command center, the operation was nearly finished. Nyla sat, crouched, with her knees up to her chest, with a quintet of datapads on the ground in front of her. Each one was cheap, disposable, and good for little more than data storage; each was downloading a chunk of Solarix's internal database. And when that was done, the Jedi would quiet away to have the data scoured for anything incriminating.

All of this was why, when Braze opened that second door in his father's office, he was not greeted with the cold chill and quiet hum of a holoterminal chamber. Instead, he was greeted by a masked intruder, already raising their hands behind their head. The silvery-durasteel cylinder hanging at the interloper's hip would not have escaped his notice either.

Inhale.

One. Two. Three. Four.

Exhale.

"You know, I'd be grateful if you didn't alert security."

wb1.png

TAGS:
Nyla Ven Nyla Ven
alexboarder.png
Braze paused at the threshold, his initial surprise at finding someone in the command center quickly giving way to curiosity and caution. The sight of the masked intruder, hands raised in a gesture of surrender, and the unmistakable silhouette of a lightsaber at their hip, sparked a recognition in him. This wasn't just any intruder; this was someone with a connection to the Force, possibly another Jedi.

His gaze flicked to the cylinder at the intruder's side, then back to their covered face. "Security? That'd be the easy way out, wouldn't it?" Braze's voice carried a light, almost teasing tone, belying the seriousness of the situation. "But seeing as you're not exactly ransacking the place... and you've got a lightsaber," he gestured subtly towards their hip, "I'm guessing you're here for something more specific than corporate espionage."

Braze stepped fully into the room, letting the door slide shut behind him. His posture relaxed slightly, though he remained alert. "I'm Braze," he introduced himself with confidence, omitting his last name deliberately to gauge the intruder's reaction. "And you are?" What they could possibly be searching for in his father's company's data? He wanted to know.

The young Jedi moved closer, his steps measured, and cautious eyes never leaving the figure before him. "If you're looking for something incriminating, I might be able to help... or at least, make sure you're not digging up trouble for people who don't deserve it." His offer was genuine, a reflection of his desire to protect his father's legacy from potential harm, but also of his innate drive to understand and, if possible, assist. He was ready to listen, to negotiate, but also prepared to defend if necessary. The situation was delicate, and how it unfolded would depend largely on the intruder's next words.

Tags: Braze Braze
QgdXXJc.png
"I am..." Nyla paused for half a second, running the numbers in her head. How much information to divulge? This was a delicate balancing act; fall too far to either side, and the only thing beneath her was trouble. "With the New Jedi Order. There have been rumors about Solarix." The padawan stood, and her body unfolded like a pamphlet as she reached her full height. She kept her hands raised. "Arms dealing. War profiteering," the slightest twinge of contempt had bled into the Jedi's otherwise almost-too-polite tone of voice. "Nothing official. Just rumors. But I had the time, and the means, to investigate." This Braze, despite being so young, was clearly influential in the company. A relative - maybe a child - of this office's former owner? That seemed likely. Either that, or he was a supremely confident trespasser.

Nyla smiled at the thought. She could respect that, too.

The Jedi took a step towards the younger boy, and, very gently, lowered and extended a hand in greeting. "I'm taking a guess," another slight pause, "But you don't seem like a war profiteer."

wb1.png

TAGS:
Nyla Ven Nyla Ven
alexboarder.png
"I could be a war profiteer," Braze stated with an amused smile, his soft jade green eyes studying her intently, not blinking once. The playful yet intimidating aura he exuded was palpable, making the air around them charged with an unspoken challenge.

"That still doesn't tell me your name, though. I could probably look your picture up in the creche yearbooks for younglings," he mused, the smirk on his face growing wider. "I may have even just started a new company for building war vessels... but it's not here. Instead, I'm using the contacts and resources this one already had." Braze paused, his expression softening slightly. "But then again, I think building transport and medical ships might be a little nicer than building bombers."

"Maybe you can give me an idea of what those rumors are, and perhaps I can take action to lay them to rest,"
Braze suggested, the playful challenge in his voice unmistakable.

"Out of the two of us, I think I'm being the more trusting one here, seeing as you broke into my father's office." The way he emphasized "my" left no doubt about his claim to the space, yet his tone remained light, almost inviting a response.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom