Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Location The Smuggler's Den

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: The Smuggler’s Den

Interior__Star_Wars_Cantina_by_GalerieMoreau.jpg

Image Source: http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs50/i/2009/281/0/c/Interior__Star_Wars_Cantina_by_GalerieMoreau.jpg

Intent: This cantina is being created as a cover for my smuggler, Sar’Talani’Vek’s smuggling operations as well as functioning as a base of operations for her and a home via the apartment that will be located on the top floor of the cantina. Later it might become home to a minor faction of smugglers I'm considering creating.

Classification: It’s a cantina!

Affiliation: Sar’Talani’Vek

Description: The cantina is owned by Talani. It is frequently visited by the local gangs on Nar Shadda as well as by people looking to do business with the infamous smuggler. It is a rather large cantina with an apartment on the upper floor. This apartment is also by Talani and she resides there when not running shipments to various locations around the galaxy. There is a large booth in the back corner where Talani is frequently found observing how things are going in the cantina as well as meeting with potential customers. In addition to all the usual features of a cantina (alcohol, dancers, and drunken brawls), the Smuggler's Den is a good place for finding drugs. There are many dealers of spice and deathsticks that can be found lurking in and around the bar. Although it is not a trashy place. Talani makes a point of keeps the cantina clean and luxurious so that when a high profile client comes to meet with her, they aren't put off by her 'office' conditions.

The apartment is of a simple design with two bedrooms, a living room, large well stocked kitchen, small balcony, study, and large vault. The vault is the only part of the apartment that seems particularly out of place. It's secured with several locks and a retina scanner so that only Talani has access. The vault is full of contraband items, deadly weapons, and credits. The balcony overlooks the small courtyard behind the cantina. The courtyard has a few plants, a small fountain, and a few benches. Before Talani owned it the courtyard had typically been a place for drunken brawls, but she now uses it as a place to talk privately with clients who don't wish to talk inside the cantina for fear of prying eyes and ears that may be nearby. All of the walls of the apartment are sound-proofed due to Talani being a light sleeper and finding it difficult to sleep with a bar blasting loud music on the floor below her.

History: Talani acquired the cantina from its previous owner as part of a deal the two had made. It was originally a warehouse that the previous owner, a gang leader on Nar Shadda, had used as a base of operations for his gang and a place to store weapons, drugs, and other contraband. The strange Zabrak had recently 'acquired' a new headquarters from another gang, and was seaking to get rid of the old building. He traded Talani the warehouse in exchange for several large shipments of spice, after finding out that his old supplier had been caught and imprisoned during his last run. The Chiss gladly accepted the offer, deciding to renovate the large building and convert into a cantina as well as putting a living space on the upper floor. The cantina would provide a decent cover up for how she made her money should anyone unwanted come snooping into her finances, and having an apartment above her business gave her somewhere nice to live when she wasn’t out running shipments of weapons and drugs across the galaxy.

Links: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/55596-welcome-to-the-smugglers-den-pm-before-joining/ *

*I'm working on a Dev thread for it. I don't know if I need one, but it seems like a good idea.

The dev thread for this, isn't required. But I certainly appreciate you putting in the effort for it, doing so without us asking you to :) You win bonus points in my book for that!

It looks good so far. Could you just add some more details to the history and description? Maybe add some details on what sort of things go on in the bar, the more shady aspects that are no doubt there. And then maybe what the bar was like prior to Talani owning it. Additionally some details describing her apartment would be great as well.

[member="Sar'Talani'Vek"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom