The Silver Krayt
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: A flagship for the Bareesh Kajidic mercenary fleet.
- Image Source: Lords of Nad Hutt by Darren Tan, Mandalorian Mercs Krayt Clan Emblem by Mercs.Firespray
- Canon Link: Chelandion-class Cruiser
- Restricted Missions: N/A
- Primary Source: N/A
- Manufacturer: Kwenn Space Station, Bareesh Kajidic
- Model: Chelandion-class Cruiser
- Affiliation: Gorba the Hutt, Bareesh Kajidic
- Production: Unique
- Material: Ultrachrome Hull
- Classification: Heavy Cruiser
- Length: 800 meters
- Width: 250 meters
- Height: 200 meters
- Armament: High44 Turbolasers (20 port, 20 starboard, 2 fore, 2 aft)
- 10 Ion Cannons (5 fore, 5 aft)
- 10 Assault Concussion Missile Tubes
- 30 General Purpose Warhead Launchers (Proton Torpedoes, Cluster Missiles, and Hex Missiles)
- 4 Tractor Beams
[*]Hangar: Average - 2
[*]Maneuverability Rating: Low
[*]Speed Rating: Very Low
[*]Hyperdrive Class: Average - 2
- Life Support Systems
- Communications Array
- Shield Generator
- Hypermatter Annihilation Reactor
- Advanced hull construction
- Solar Sails: While mostly for form rather than function, a number of solar sails sprout from the surface of the Silver Krayt, lending it a winged appearance. These sails, however, are fully functional and the vessel can traverse space without engines if need arises.
- Self-Destruct Device
- Scabrous Hide: While the shields of are nothing special, the hull of the Silver Krayt is constructed from ultrachrome, giving the cruiser a silvery-sheen and making it an extremely durable ship, capable of weathering a considerable amount of firepower.
- Fangs Like Spears: The Silver Krayt features a fearsome broadside of turbo laser batteries and a large array of missiles.
- Plodding Gait: Its engines are not particularly powerful and it is quite slow.
- Breath Runs Dry: The Silver Krayt is heavily armed with missiles, but those missiles, unlike turbo lasers, eventually run out. Consequently, after an engagement, the ship needs to resupply.
The gleaming Silver Krayt is a large, blocky cruiser, with four hangars (two to a side) that house the warship's squadrons and shuttles. It carries a crew of 1,500 and a troop complement of 500. Unlike the vast majority of Hutt ships, it is meant for only one purpose: War.
Throughout history, Hutts have focused primarily on economic dominance and an isolationist strategy, but after the Yuuzhan Long decimated their forces hundreds of years ago, their tactics shifted. The advanced Chelandion-class war cruiser was one of the results of this tactical shift. Today, the refitted Silver Krayt carries on that legacy. Although the ship is hundreds of years old, it has been gutted, given a new hull, and a new name.
It now serves as the flagship of the mercenary fleet, Dragons of Bareesh.