Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Shroud.

Intent: Personal armor/cloak of Skorn Draclau
Development Thread: N/A
Manufacturer: Skorn Draclau
Model: Unique
Material: Abyssin skin, Shi'ido blood, Cortosis particles
Classification: Shapeshifting armor
Weight: 2 kgs
Quality: 9, highly resistant to destruction, able to regenerate.
Affiliation: Skorn Draclau
Modularity: Non modular
Production: Unique
Special Features:
- Shapeshifting
- capable of limited independent operation(to a range of say 10 meters)
- lightsaber resistant.

Description:

The Shroud is a unique artifact. Part of a series of experiments conducted by the Draclau sorcerer. The Shroud is based on an ancient tattoo of Sith Lords from the past, known as the Mark of Darkness. This tattoo was supposed to have a life of it's own. In his efforts to recreate the tattoo Skorn crafted a unique ink out of his own blood(possessing his shapeshifting properties) and finely ground cortosis particles. Using the ink he tattooed the shroud all over the skin of an Abyssin slave. Once complete he skinned the slave alive and accelerated the skin's regenerative properties using Sith alchemy.

After that he bound a myriad of dark spirits to the skin, ultimately succeeding in bringing the shroud to life. The shroud has a sentient nature, however this sentience is highly limited. The cloak is mentally linked to Skorn and obeys his wills absolutely. Only death of the Sith will allow the shroud it's independence although it will not survive too long afterwards. The Shroud sits on Skorn's shoulders as a long crimson cloak that floats even when there is no wind. The shroud is not suitable to block damage, blaster bolts will harm it and it shrinks away from damage. However it is highly resilient to lightsaber strikes and can sustain multiple blows from the lightsaber.

Netherworld

RESEARCH REVIEW

Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review

Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review

WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review

WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review

SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Netherworld

Hello, [member="Skorn Draclau"].
I'll be your judge today. :)

The idea behind the sub is a solid one, but there's a couple of things we'll need to fix before this can be approved.

Skorn Draclau said:
Manufacturer: Sith Alchemical make
  • Just put 'Skorn Draclau' here to avoid confusion.

Skorn Draclau said:
Cortosis particles
  • Using a restricted material in a submission requires a development thread. For cortosis specifically, this is the following:

Cortosis(( Objective : Perform a mining operation, a raid, an excavation, or steal to obtain cortosis ore from any of the following planets: Apatros, Obredaan, Katanos VII, Duro, Bal’demnic, Mnencheiasus, Gallos or Bespin –OR—suffer a devastating defeat at the hands of a Force User Character written by another writer. ))
    So this gives you two options:
  • Do the dev thread and keep the cortosis
    OR
  • remove the cortosis and all its effects from the submission.

Skorn Draclau said:
Quality: Indestructible, will regenerate from even the smallest remains.
  • This will have to go, unfortunately. Nothing is indestructible, not even alchemized beskar.
  • Change this into something along the lines of "highly resistant" if you wish to stick to a description, or simply input "9" as quality rating.

Skorn Draclau said:
Weight: very light, nearly weightless.
  • Since this is made from a creature's hide, and alchemized to boot, some weight would be present still. I'd put in the 2 kg ballpark.

Skorn Draclau said:
- capable of limited independent operation(to a range of say 10 meters)
  • I'd like you to explain this a bit more in depth. What can the cloak do without its master/wearer? Can it attack people? Can it be used to project Skorn's Force usage?
  • Any notable capabilities need to be elaborated on, please.

1. You need to add the missing Affiliation, Modularity, and Production brackets of the submission template.

Tag me with questions and/or edits. :)

[member="Netherworld"]

Netherworld said:
Just put 'Skorn Draclau' here to avoid confusion.
Done.

Netherworld said:
Do the dev thread and keep the cortosis OR remove the cortosis and all its effects from the submission.
Workingonit.

Netherworld said:
This will have to go, unfortunately. Nothing is indestructible, not even alchemized beskar. Change this into something along the lines of "highly resistant" if you wish to stick to a description, or simply input "9" as quality rating.
Done. Also I want to point out that by indestructible I was implying endlessly regenerating not invulnerable in any sense.

Netherworld said:
Since this is made from a creature's hide, and alchemized to boot, some weight would be present still. I'd put in the 2 kg ballpark.
Done.
Netherworld said:
I'd like you to explain this a bit more in depth. What can the cloak do without its master/wearer? Can it attack people? Can it be used to project Skorn's Force usage? Any notable capabilities need to be elaborated on, please.
Although it does possess shapeshifting properties it is essentially a cloak, on it's own it's attacks are limited to wrapping itself around a person's head and suffocating them.

It cannot be used to project force powers.

It can be used to remotely manipulate objects(pulling a lever, pushing a button, morphing into a rope kind of structure to hold Skorn up in case of a sudden trapdoor etc etc)

Netherworld said:
You need to add the missing Affiliation, Modularity, and Production brackets of the submission template.
Done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom